• 2014 Compact Cars

2000 Honda Civic

Based on 1110 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

the little car that could

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Economical, easy to maneuver in bad weather"

Cons: "Rides too low, road noise"

"Despite it's age this little coup just keeps rollin' on. With routine maintenance service, manual transmission & average driving habits it gets 32-34 mpg in & out of town. Very good AC & heat, although both take some 12 minutes of warm up/driving to really kick in. Rides so low road noise can be annoying. Anyone whose knees are as high as the door handles will need instructions for ducking into and clambering out of this vehicle. Fun to drive five speed has amazing response & makes for safe all weather driving. A little small for long road trips this is comfortable & reliable for in-town commute & short local travels."

uber reliable & fun with a golden engine & tranny

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "great mpg, fun, reliable, cheap to operate"

Cons: "some road noise, highway power"

"This is my daily commuter car - 75 miles per day - super reliabile with a sweet Honda engine & 5 speed tranny, 38 - 45 mgp. Not much torque but very tossable & mucho fun to drive with good road feel. Zippy under 50 mph if you keep the rpms up. Cheap to keep on the road. Good in snow & amazing interior room. Not much sound insulation so you get some road & tire noise. Easy to park due to its size but I wouldn't want to head-on a pickup in something so light (2450 lbs). Stable on highway. Not sure how Honda got so much right. Shame they don't make these anymore. Great econocar."

I have had this car since 2000 best car I ever

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "very reliable and fun to drive"

Cons: "As I got older the seating is not good on my back."

"had. I am am an older adult. My first car was a 1955 Oldsmobile 88. I had about 18 different cars in my life time. this is my favorite."

Most Reliable Car you could ever buy

By on Monday, January 20, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, great MPG, smooth in old age"

Cons: "Lack of interior electronic features"

"First off, I own the base model DX sedan, there are no flashy features, but there are so many definite pros to this car that I could never list them all. Mine in particular is a manual, and it is the easiest manual you could ever drive in your life, period. The car, even though it has 195,000 miles on it, drives so well, it is incredibly smooth. I generally drive on the backroads on the rolling hills of Virginia, even then I get 39 MPG, the lowest I have gotten was 33 MPG, and I think the quality of the gas was to blame. The interior is very tough, and cleans up very easily, so it will last throughout almost anything. I know that I will drive this car until it dies, and it will be one of the saddest days of my life, but let's hope that that day isn't anytime soon."

A great little car

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, fuel efficient"

Cons: "Some road noise, back seat a little cramped"

"I bought this car new and I loved this car! Good looks, fuel efficient, very reliable. What's not to love? The only reason I will be selling it is that I now live in an area prone to flooding and I need a car that has more ground clearance. Otherwise, I would probably keep it even longer. Honda engines run forever!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25