1999 Honda Civic

Based on 1175 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Amazing!

By on Saturday, January 30, 2010

"I bought my car from a buy here pay here, you know how those go.. Lol. But my car has been absolutely perfect, other than a flat tire. haha. I have never had any issues with this car, I love it! I wouldn't trade it for the world, it is very reliable, and has never left me stranded like my Chrysler Cirrus, which was a piece, by the way. It's cute, comfortable, and candid. I would recommend to anyone. It has 135,000 miles on it, and is still going strong!"

10 years later

By on Saturday, November 1, 2008

"I've owned this car for a decade now. I fill it with gas and oil, had to change brake-pads once, three sets of new tires, and one new battery. 100k miles later, and it's still plugging along strong. I've had people knock on my door while the vehicle was parked on the side of the road, asking if it's for sale. No matter the offer, the answer is no! Zero hassles after a decade, and getting about 42MPG avg (low 37- high 45)... just can't beat it. I'll be running this thing into the ground!"

Great Value

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, Reliable, solid, folding rear seat"

Cons: "This is not a towing car."

"I am the original owner of this car. I bought it in August 1999, one model year old but never driven, and had the CD player dropped in it when CDs were a new media. I am amazed at how mechanically good this car has been. I originally planned to keep it 4-5 years, I have had it for 14! It's a family solid workhorse. Maintenance costs have been consistently reasonable I have used the "severe condition driving" maintenance portion of the manual to get this life out of this vehicle."

Picked this up for a commuter car, love the saving

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "MPG, value"

Cons: "smaller than a truck"

"I had a truck that was getting 11-12mpg, and it was costing me 7-10$ a day just to go to work and back. After doing some research and finally finding a used Civic in my price range I picked up the 98 EX, and have been enjoying it ever since. I had a major tune up done after picking it up(timingbelt and everything else that needed to be done) and have been getting 32.3mpg since. Hopefully when summer gets here it will be even better."

Honda Civic SI

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

"I Don't Have too much to say, But I just love hondas. Specially the SI I won't buy any other vehicle that is not honda or Acura. Best car's ever built They are relyable in every aspect. Thank God for a verry awsome car:))"

This car is my rock!

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "dependable, great value, economical gas mileage"

Cons: "cup holder leaves a little to be desired"

"I have traveled extensively with this car over the years. She has proven to be one of the few things in my life that I can truly rely on. Maintenance is low and little repairs over the years. She runs like a champ, and loves the highway! I would buy this model over and over again. The 4 doors give a little more room and the trunk is huge. Driveability and braking are fantastic! I am height-challenged, but this car is very easy to see over the hood and adjusts for leg-length and height of the driver. Solid like a rock!"

Best car we have owned.

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Super car. Great gas mileage."

Cons: "Little slow power wise but who cares."

"My wife loves this car. I have repeatedly offered to buy her a new one and the answer is "NO". 117,000 trouble free miles. I take good care of it and faithfully change the oil. 35 per gallon on the road. Sure, it is a little underpowered compared to today,s models but so what? Yes we do tend to hang onto a good car when we have it."

Love her

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "42 mpg highway and 30 in town mpg. Awesome!"

Cons: "No cons"

"Have driven my honda civic from Connecticut to California 6 times and logged 110,000 miles on it. It's a 1999 and it runs like new. I would recommend this to anybody getting their first car. (personally, I like them better than the new civics)"

Solid Little Car

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, fantastic gas mileage!"

Cons: "It's getting old :("

"We got this car as a gift from my grandpa (he was first owner- we got it with 80k on it) and will have had it for 5 years this winter. I had it at college for 2 years after my brothers were done with it in high school. We have had to do very little maintenance on it and it has gotten me to work on my 45 mile-one way commute for the last year. Feels well built and keeps on trucking. It even does well in the winter! The gas mileage is still stellar (~35mpg, mostly hwy)- one of the reasons that I don't want to get rid of it, just because of the gas mileage! Very nice little starter car. I even have a friend who has the IDENTICAL car and he loves it just as much!"

great car for 16 years

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "Gas Mileage, reliability, turning radius, comfort"

Cons: "the visor is falling apart"

"This car is great. I have had it for over 16 years and it has never broken down; it's needed only minor adjustments and has had good gas mileage even at this advanced age."