1999 Honda Civic

Based on 1159 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

This car saved my life

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

"This was my first car I bought all on my own & i absolutely loved it. This car was great on gas, easy and fun to drive, and very reliable. This car handled great in bad weather w/ the snow tires i put on it. Unfortunately, though I lost this car due to being hit by a tractor trailer that ran a red light. This car helped to save my life & I walked away with being sore for a few months. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a safe car for themselves or their teenager."

Runs well and is reliable. Great tires. Stick !

By on Monday, April 08, 2013

"Well maintained. 4 new tires around 2,000 miles ago. Front brakes last year. I drive 8 miles a day no highway. Engine has never been abused, beat. Rides well. Big promotion and time to buy my dream Cooper Mini. REQUIRES EXHAUST WORK FOR STICKER. Estimate for a standard Honda exhaust $500."

I love my Civic

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "Just a great car"

Cons: "None really"

"I've own this car since 80K miles. It has 200K now and is still running fine. I had to replace the trannie...not much else has gone wrong!!"

Most reliable and cheap car to own great car!!!

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Cheap prices, great MPH, Reliable, Cheap to fix"

Cons: "not much only two cup holders and yea thats it"

"I have had this car for around seven year being a male i have used this car to its full potential and i have only had to change the timing belt and the alternator. if your looking for a car that will save you money and look good at the same time the Honda Civic is the way to go. BEST CAR EVER!!"

1998 Civic DX Sedan

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "great price, good quality"

Cons: "needs some more power"

"I bought this car from its original owner at 80k and I fell in love with it from day one. I now have close to 84k on it and its been a few months and I love everything about it. Being the DX trim the car is so light n very chuck able around corners. I do wish it had a bit more power though because the car does feel a bit slugish uphill with the AC running. Absolutely everything runs like day one on this car. I did lower the car for handling and a better look and also added some factory fog lights and a few other minor mods. I also added a roof rack and I carry anything and everything with this car :D . I simply love it. I would recommend it to every one. BUY A CIVIC 5SPEED STICK!"

GREAT CAR!

By on Monday, June 04, 2012

Pros: "Great mechanical quality!"

Cons: "Small seats for a big guy."

"I bought this car with 140k miles on it. It had been wrecked before, but fixed back almost perfectly. I can only say that now it has 245k miles on it and it is still running like new! I have spent a total of $45 dollars in repairs and that is it. Sure, a few things here and there don't work perfect, but overall it is still a wonderful car. This was my mothers car for 5 years and now it will be mine. If you need a cheap car that's going to last, this is the car. Looks good and drives good."

I love my civic

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "reliable great transportation"

"the proverbial little old lady who never goes over 10 miles in a trip....or so....it's been a wonderful reliable car - when i remember to turn the lights off! I've drained the battery too many times."

Love my '99 Civic :)

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Great Value!"

Cons: "High insurance premiums :("

"I love, love, love my 1999 Civic LX :) This was the first new car I ever owned, and money well spent! I ran it hard, but also abided by maintenance schedule. Great handling, unmatched visibility, zippy to drive and awesome fuel economy (still get 33 mpg!). Interior is much better quality than what Honda now offers, with not a pull/stretch/rip/tear/crack in upholstery/carpet/dash. Paint job also still looks great! Odometer is at 218,000 , and it is still a reliable ride for my teen drivers.My only wish is that Honda would bring back this design/quality b/c my experience has been so great that I swore I'd never drive anything else but a Honda, but I am very disappointed in Honda's current line."

Really amazing automobile

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

Pros: "Really ez and fun to drive."

Cons: "been thinking for 5min and came up blank"

"This civic was my first car, I really beat on it when i first got it and it still runs great. i can get 36mpg in the 5-speed and it also has a 10 sec 0-60. 210k on it right now and i expect it to last till 300k atleast. i recomend this car to anyone in need of reliable transportation. if you can find one with low miles grab it up you wont need to worry about a car till you crash it cause they just dont die."

great first car

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"rides smooth and comfortable. also its cheap and can be easily modified. good for car enthusiast to build on."