1997 Honda Civic

Based on 1175 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Most reliable and cheap car to own great car!!!

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Cheap prices, great MPH, Reliable, Cheap to fix"

Cons: "not much only two cup holders and yea thats it"

"I have had this car for around seven year being a male i have used this car to its full potential and i have only had to change the timing belt and the alternator. if your looking for a car that will save you money and look good at the same time the Honda Civic is the way to go. BEST CAR EVER!!"

This car saved my life

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

"This was my first car I bought all on my own & i absolutely loved it. This car was great on gas, easy and fun to drive, and very reliable. This car handled great in bad weather w/ the snow tires i put on it. Unfortunately, though I lost this car due to being hit by a tractor trailer that ran a red light. This car helped to save my life & I walked away with being sore for a few months. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a safe car for themselves or their teenager."

A solid economical car

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "A solid runner and very cheap on gas. Approx 28-35"

Cons: "Not extensively styled interior and lacking power"

"My civic has been run to 304,000 miles and I maintained it by factory recommendations. This being said, I have never had anything more than regular maintenance done on this car. Its not overpowering when getting up to speed on the expressway, but it always got me from point A to B. The interior is not the greatest, but it is made well. At 15 years old with extensive driving i don't have any problems with rips tears, etc. These cars do tend to rust on the rear quarter panels in salt using areas, but its been solid economical transportation."

Loved this car from day one.

By on Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Pros: "Very inexpensive. To buy and to matain."

Cons: "Not great pick-up."

"I bought my Civic new and for 16 years it has performed better than any car I have ever known. While other people are getting major things fixed on their vehicle, I am doing regular maintenance on mine. In 16 years the total cost of all major repairs I have ever had to do, and nothing was really major, I have spent less than #3000. I love this car. I will drive a Honda forever."

I love my Civic

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "Just a great car"

Cons: "None really"

"I've own this car since 80K miles. It has 200K now and is still running fine. I had to replace the trannie...not much else has gone wrong!!"

1998 Civic DX Sedan

By on Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pros: "great price, good quality"

Cons: "needs some more power"

"I bought this car from its original owner at 80k and I fell in love with it from day one. I now have close to 84k on it and its been a few months and I love everything about it. Being the DX trim the car is so light n very chuck able around corners. I do wish it had a bit more power though because the car does feel a bit slugish uphill with the AC running. Absolutely everything runs like day one on this car. I did lower the car for handling and a better look and also added some factory fog lights and a few other minor mods. I also added a roof rack and I carry anything and everything with this car :D . I simply love it. I would recommend it to every one. BUY A CIVIC 5SPEED STICK!"

Love my '99 Civic :)

By on Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pros: "Great Value!"

Cons: "High insurance premiums :("

"I love, love, love my 1999 Civic LX :) This was the first new car I ever owned, and money well spent! I ran it hard, but also abided by maintenance schedule. Great handling, unmatched visibility, zippy to drive and awesome fuel economy (still get 33 mpg!). Interior is much better quality than what Honda now offers, with not a pull/stretch/rip/tear/crack in upholstery/carpet/dash. Paint job also still looks great! Odometer is at 218,000 , and it is still a reliable ride for my teen drivers.My only wish is that Honda would bring back this design/quality b/c my experience has been so great that I swore I'd never drive anything else but a Honda, but I am very disappointed in Honda's current line."

Really amazing automobile

By on Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pros: "Really ez and fun to drive."

Cons: "been thinking for 5min and came up blank"

"This civic was my first car, I really beat on it when i first got it and it still runs great. i can get 36mpg in the 5-speed and it also has a 10 sec 0-60. 210k on it right now and i expect it to last till 300k atleast. i recomend this car to anyone in need of reliable transportation. if you can find one with low miles grab it up you wont need to worry about a car till you crash it cause they just dont die."

Long but honest review

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, VTEC, Peppy, cheap to fix, beautiful"

Cons: "Price"

"The first car of my life was a 1998 Honda accord LX, I beat the stuffing out of it and even wrecked it 3 times (I was a crazy kid). Anyways the car held up like a champ and never had any problems with it (amazingly) and I thought every car I bought would run like that. Boy was I wrong. I ran into a bit of money when I turned 18 so I decided to buy a new car. I went American and had every problem in the world and never wrecked it. Long story short I went back to Honda. I bought this civic with 144,000 miles on it for 4,200 dollars 2 years ago, since then I have put almost 15 thousand miles on it and had basically no issues (aside from two belts (AC and power steering, which were only 15 bucks a piece). I put Lucas transmission fluid in when I bought it (even though there wasn't any problems with the transmission that I could tell). As well as the Lucas oil engine and valve cleaner. Of course 4,200 was a lot more then I wanted to spend on a 10 year old car, however this car has been a blessing in disguise ever since I bought it. This was the only Honda I could find in town around my price limit and it had a VTEC so I went for it (even thought it was an auto trans). I think the price is actually quite worth it when you consider all the money you will sink into a used American car. I put a new muffler (not an obnoxiously loud one) that added a few hp and a cool air intake which also added a few hp and I find the car to be quite peppy. Especially for a 1.6 Liter. Most people don't believe me when I told them it was only 1.6 liters. I get about 40 mpg on the highway and 30 in the city when I drive her easy."

great first car

By on Thursday, January 26, 2012

"rides smooth and comfortable. also its cheap and can be easily modified. good for car enthusiast to build on."