1997 Honda Civic

Based on 1171 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Perfect Car

By on Wednesday, August 05, 2009

"I bought my 1999 Honda Civic when it was 4 years old and it had 75,000 miles on it. Now it is up to 165,000 and runs just as well as it did when I bought it. This car has been perfect. Not a single major engine or other major repair in 6 years. I have the maintenance done religiously every 7500 miles and get regular oil changes. The car gets at least 32-35 miles per gallon and even more on the highway. There are no rust spots and the car still looks modern on the road. I am going to trade it in on a hybrid car and the thought of not having it any more is so so depressing. If we had a 3 car garage I'd keep it forever!! I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a good, solid, reliable car that gets great gas mileage and will run forever."

love my honda!

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

Pros: "if you take care of it, it will run forever"

Cons: "the plastic peices will be the first things to go"

"I have had this car for 5 years and bought it with 75,000 miles on it and I have loved it through every mile. I have always kept up on regular maintenance and feel I would have no problem driving till it had 200,000 miles on it. This car has always been reliable and the only way ill give it up is for a new Honda Civic."

A solid economical car

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "A solid runner and very cheap on gas. Approx 28-35"

Cons: "Not extensively styled interior and lacking power"

"My civic has been run to 304,000 miles and I maintained it by factory recommendations. This being said, I have never had anything more than regular maintenance done on this car. Its not overpowering when getting up to speed on the expressway, but it always got me from point A to B. The interior is not the greatest, but it is made well. At 15 years old with extensive driving i don't have any problems with rips tears, etc. These cars do tend to rust on the rear quarter panels in salt using areas, but its been solid economical transportation."

Most reliable and cheap car to own great car!!!

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Cheap prices, great MPH, Reliable, Cheap to fix"

Cons: "not much only two cup holders and yea thats it"

"I have had this car for around seven year being a male i have used this car to its full potential and i have only had to change the timing belt and the alternator. if your looking for a car that will save you money and look good at the same time the Honda Civic is the way to go. BEST CAR EVER!!"

This car saved my life

By on Saturday, April 20, 2013

"This was my first car I bought all on my own & i absolutely loved it. This car was great on gas, easy and fun to drive, and very reliable. This car handled great in bad weather w/ the snow tires i put on it. Unfortunately, though I lost this car due to being hit by a tractor trailer that ran a red light. This car helped to save my life & I walked away with being sore for a few months. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a safe car for themselves or their teenager."