1997 Honda Civic

Based on 1159 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

Amazing!

By on Saturday, January 30, 2010

"I bought my car from a buy here pay here, you know how those go.. Lol. But my car has been absolutely perfect, other than a flat tire. haha. I have never had any issues with this car, I love it! I wouldn't trade it for the world, it is very reliable, and has never left me stranded like my Chrysler Cirrus, which was a piece, by the way. It's cute, comfortable, and candid. I would recommend to anyone. It has 135,000 miles on it, and is still going strong!"

10 years later

By on Saturday, November 01, 2008

"I've owned this car for a decade now. I fill it with gas and oil, had to change brake-pads once, three sets of new tires, and one new battery. 100k miles later, and it's still plugging along strong. I've had people knock on my door while the vehicle was parked on the side of the road, asking if it's for sale. No matter the offer, the answer is no! Zero hassles after a decade, and getting about 42MPG avg (low 37- high 45)... just can't beat it. I'll be running this thing into the ground!"

Loved this car from day one.

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Very inexpensive. To buy and to matain."

Cons: "Not great pick-up."

"I bought my Civic new and for 16 years it has performed better than any car I have ever known. While other people are getting major things fixed on their vehicle, I am doing regular maintenance on mine. In 16 years the total cost of all major repairs I have ever had to do, and nothing was really major, I have spent less than #3000. I love this car. I will drive a Honda forever."

Great Value

By on Sunday, May 19, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, Reliable, solid, folding rear seat"

Cons: "This is not a towing car."

"I am the original owner of this car. I bought it in August 1999, one model year old but never driven, and had the CD player dropped in it when CDs were a new media. I am amazed at how mechanically good this car has been. I originally planned to keep it 4-5 years, I have had it for 14! It's a family solid workhorse. Maintenance costs have been consistently reasonable I have used the "severe condition driving" maintenance portion of the manual to get this life out of this vehicle."

Picked this up for a commuter car, love the saving

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "MPG, value"

Cons: "smaller than a truck"

"I had a truck that was getting 11-12mpg, and it was costing me 7-10$ a day just to go to work and back. After doing some research and finally finding a used Civic in my price range I picked up the 98 EX, and have been enjoying it ever since. I had a major tune up done after picking it up(timingbelt and everything else that needed to be done) and have been getting 32.3mpg since. Hopefully when summer gets here it will be even better."

Honda Civic SI

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

"I Don't Have too much to say, But I just love hondas. Specially the SI I won't buy any other vehicle that is not honda or Acura. Best car's ever built They are relyable in every aspect. Thank God for a verry awsome car:))"

Long but honest review

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, VTEC, Peppy, cheap to fix, beautiful"

Cons: "Price"

"The first car of my life was a 1998 Honda accord LX, I beat the stuffing out of it and even wrecked it 3 times (I was a crazy kid). Anyways the car held up like a champ and never had any problems with it (amazingly) and I thought every car I bought would run like that. Boy was I wrong. I ran into a bit of money when I turned 18 so I decided to buy a new car. I went American and had every problem in the world and never wrecked it. Long story short I went back to Honda. I bought this civic with 144,000 miles on it for 4,200 dollars 2 years ago, since then I have put almost 15 thousand miles on it and had basically no issues (aside from two belts (AC and power steering, which were only 15 bucks a piece). I put Lucas transmission fluid in when I bought it (even though there wasn't any problems with the transmission that I could tell). As well as the Lucas oil engine and valve cleaner. Of course 4,200 was a lot more then I wanted to spend on a 10 year old car, however this car has been a blessing in disguise ever since I bought it. This was the only Honda I could find in town around my price limit and it had a VTEC so I went for it (even thought it was an auto trans). I think the price is actually quite worth it when you consider all the money you will sink into a used American car. I put a new muffler (not an obnoxiously loud one) that added a few hp and a cool air intake which also added a few hp and I find the car to be quite peppy. Especially for a 1.6 Liter. Most people don't believe me when I told them it was only 1.6 liters. I get about 40 mpg on the highway and 30 in the city when I drive her easy."

This car is my rock!

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "dependable, great value, economical gas mileage"

Cons: "cup holder leaves a little to be desired"

"I have traveled extensively with this car over the years. She has proven to be one of the few things in my life that I can truly rely on. Maintenance is low and little repairs over the years. She runs like a champ, and loves the highway! I would buy this model over and over again. The 4 doors give a little more room and the trunk is huge. Driveability and braking are fantastic! I am height-challenged, but this car is very easy to see over the hood and adjusts for leg-length and height of the driver. Solid like a rock!"

Best car we have owned.

By on Saturday, December 10, 2011

Pros: "Super car. Great gas mileage."

Cons: "Little slow power wise but who cares."

"My wife loves this car. I have repeatedly offered to buy her a new one and the answer is "NO". 117,000 trouble free miles. I take good care of it and faithfully change the oil. 35 per gallon on the road. Sure, it is a little underpowered compared to today,s models but so what? Yes we do tend to hang onto a good car when we have it."

Love her

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "42 mpg highway and 30 in town mpg. Awesome!"

Cons: "No cons"

"Have driven my honda civic from Connecticut to California 6 times and logged 110,000 miles on it. It's a 1999 and it runs like new. I would recommend this to anybody getting their first car. (personally, I like them better than the new civics)"