1996 Honda Civic

Based on 1130 Ratings for the 1996 - 2000 models.

owned for 18yrs and still going strong!!

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

"This car is very fuel-efficient, even for today's standards (I've owned this car for 18 years; bought it as a 2-yr-old used car); I have many jealous friends :-) Love the view when I drive: I can see the road, as opposed to having a huge hood in front of me; the chairs are also high enough to give you that SUV-feeling. There is plenty head-room, so that 6' or taller people will sit comfortably, including plenty of legroom in the back seats. Car seats for babies fit and can be tied down properly without much effort. The engine lasts a VERY long time (still have the original one). I've only had to replace the fuel injector, radiator and alternator over 18 years, besides the regular maintenance of tune-ups & oil changes. Easy maintenance: the engine parts are easily accessible and replacement parts are cheap, because the car is so common. My next car? Most likely another Civic (the hybrid, this time)"

Best car I ever owned

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Easy to work on, precision parts, reliable"

Cons: "Cheap plastic on door panels, expensive OEM parts"

"I bought this car used about 8 years ago. This is the longest I've owned a car in my life, all my others having had some major issue in their lifetime. This car has been a blessing. It's reliably driven me over 150,000 miles in that time and continues to press on. It's had some major issues like the ignition coil and clutch going out, and some minor ones like replacing the axles, the regulator arms in the windows (apparently these cars had issues with those), replacing the catalytic converter and O2 sensors, the arm rests caving in (my major complaint), and a minor oil leak. But compared to the problems I've had in the past with other vehicles, this one has been a dream."

Hondas are great!

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and park"

"This is our third Honda, need we say more. Drives like a car should drive. No mush, just good response."

Loved this car from day one.

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Pros: "Very inexpensive. To buy and to matain."

Cons: "Not great pick-up."

"I bought my Civic new and for 16 years it has performed better than any car I have ever known. While other people are getting major things fixed on their vehicle, I am doing regular maintenance on mine. In 16 years the total cost of all major repairs I have ever had to do, and nothing was really major, I have spent less than #3000. I love this car. I will drive a Honda forever."

Love my honda

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Affordable, reliable, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Paint oxidized horribly so it always looks dirty"

"I have loved my honda, had it for 6 years and the only repairs I've ever had to do mechanically would be normal fixes such as breaks, tires, new timing belt.... I am pretty sure if you do normal routine maintence this car could run pretty much forever! Honda's are awesome!"

See if you qualify for