1995 Honda Civic

Based on 479 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

The perfect car

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pros: "Value, drivers car, fun to drive, potential, mpg"

Cons: "cup holders lol, a little underpowered"

"I bought my car in rough shape, it's very rare to find an EG hatchback that isn't riced out or has major damage. Both my doors are dented, there's minor dents around the vehicle. The front end needs a lot of work, but everything is in great mechanical shape, and the interior is all there and not ripped. I have been doing a lot of work to this car, free work, fixing all the little things that the previous owners neglected. I have plans for fixing the bodywork, coilover suspension and turboing the stock motor(after heavy maintenance) to give it a little more power for merging. This car is perfect for my lifestyle, and being a car enthusiast, I can think of no other car that offer this much value and utility in a design that I love. There are cons to this car, such as the cup holders. I don't like to eat or drink in the car, I think it's a bad habit so things like that don't bother me."

My Honda is 18 Years Young!

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, Great MPG, Cheap to Operate"

Cons: "None come to mind!"

"My intentions are to keep my Honda Civic until I can slap a 20 year "collector" tag on it's tail end. I am just as happy with it now as the day I drove it off the showroom floor in 1994 with only 64 miles on the odometer! To me, it's just as stylish, and some years, even better looking than the newest models."

I love my civic

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "My car is very Fun to drive, and it has caracture."

Cons: "A/C don't work now, but the front windows go down."

"What can I say, my car has been good to me and I plan to have it until it quit's on me. I bought it off my bro in 2005 w/84000 miles. It need's little work, but it is still running like a champ. Honda did an AWSOME job when they built this car, Thankyou Honda.... I am the second owner and hope to be the last. My car get's 32-40mpg, little rust, undercoated, fully loaded except the back window's don't go down but that's ok with me.."

love my honda

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "great engine, reliable, awesome gas mileage"

Cons: "minor issues - problems with the exaust, fuses"

"I've had my '92 Honda Civic for a little over three years now. It gets great gas mileage and it's tough. It's reliable and I've only had to do minor repairs here and there. Never had anything major go wrong. I love this car."

I <3 My Civic

By on Thursday, December 8, 2011

Pros: "Gas econ, reliability"

Cons: "Nothing."

"I love this car it gets me to where I need to go and on a great budget. It's kinda of small on the inside but cozy. Pretty simple, take care of this car and it will take car of you!"

cant go wrong with this car

By on Sunday, November 6, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great, reliable"

Cons: "small cup holders"

sittin pretty

"i've owned my civic for about 3 years and have never had a problem with it, starts up exactly the same every time, weather its cold or hot no problem and i live where temperateres reach 100 and fall to 15. I cherish this car and am so proud to own such a reliable fun sexy little coupe. This car still looks great even after 16 years, its design is competitive with new cars, truly a timeless design. The 1.6 litre v-tec engine may be small but packs a good little punch and runs like a charm not to mention amazing on gas. great job on this one honda!"

sittin pretty

excellent car

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

"great real-able car"

best car i have owned so far love driving it

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "arm rest missing"

"and its dependability"

Most dependable car

By on Wednesday, September 8, 2010

"This car is about as cheap as about 4 car payments of my friends' cars. Is it as nice? No, there's a tear in one seat, the paint is peeling, there's quite a few little dents and there's some rust on one of the quarter panels. This car spent much of its life in the midwest (two years I owned it and 5 years my cousin owned it there) so I'm actually surprised it isn't rusted more. But I don't mind, the A/C works great and that's really all you need to be comfortable here in Arizona. Is it every bit as reliable? Yes. It does need maintenance and repairs now and then. The major repairs I have had to make in the three years I have owned this car are head gasket replacement and some new part was required for the air conditioner. I take excellent care of it though, it gets synthetic oil and changed not a mile late. Does it get as good of gas mileage? Actually, its better. It only holds 10 gallons! That would mean stopping every 150 miles in my Dad's truck but one little tank will last between 300 and 400 miles. So in summary: 1/10th the price of friends newer cars, not as nice, but very reliable and great mileage."

Awesome Little Car

By on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"We've had this car for 15 years and it has served us well at 208,000 miles. It still gets 38 mpg and keeps on going. Absolutely love this car."

Outstanding

By on Saturday, July 3, 2010

"Had this car for 5 years. Bought with 87,000 miles. A/C is cold, comfortable and stylish. Gets 38mpg too, which is better than the new ones. Acceleration is Great. One of the best import for taking corners at 80mph. Small but great on long trips. plenty of room and great for weaving into tight places in traffic"

Good relaible car

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"1995 DX coupe bought mine over a year ago. The only thing I have had to do is oil change and thermostat. It is very sporty and has alot of go. The air cond does not work so good when it is really hot, like when you really need it. mechanic says there is nothing wrong with it. It might be just my car, or me."

14.5 Years and Counting

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"Had this car since 1995. No Major problem's except a new ignition, but I'm pretty sure the shop just ripped me off. Use this for the 800 mile round trip from college to home, and it works like a champion."

By on Tuesday, January 5, 2010

"I have had this car for about 2 years, and I love it! it is about 100 miles away from 200,000 miles, and it runs better than anything. Only things that needed replaced where the clutch(first time manual driver...), battery.even in the wyoming winters(which can be -30, and a foot of snow, my car does awesome!"

'93 honda civic LX

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Bought it at 130K miles for 3 grand 7 years ago. In seven years I put 35K miles on it and during the whole time I owned it it did burn a little oil. I purchased it that way not knowing it did burn oil. Not a fast car, not a real comfy car. Especially for me since I am 6'6" 300 pounds. But it will get you where you need to go. Didn't have to do much as far as repairs, it held up pretty good for me. Only money I put in it was tires and a battery. At 165K miles it dropped a cyclinder and its not worth repairing due to its age. I would recommend it for work car or a student car. I have a family so it is not for me anymore. In the market now for another reliable, bigger car, a Jeep Cherokee. Otherwise I would get another one of these."

good car

By on Monday, September 21, 2009

"no power but it has been a very depandable car for me"

92 cx hatch

By on Saturday, July 11, 2009

"I'm a vw driver who hasn't liked honda until my gti vr6 had to go due to major trans problems beyond my wallet size. I bought my hatch to save on gas this summer while i save for an old school gti and this civic has been treating me outstanding. It has 300,000 miles on it stock trans stock motor and starts without delay and runs fine. Though i feel like i'm trying to drive a toaster up a hill when i need to drive on inclines. With gas over $3.00 by me I can put $20 in the tank and drive EVERYWHERE ALL DAY for 6 to 7 days!!! I wish you could see the cobwebs in my gas filler! But due to the extremely high rate of honda theft, I am looking foward to getting this car off my hands as soon as possible before someone else does it for me..."

Reliable!!!!

By on Friday, April 3, 2009

"This car has given me no trouble at all all i have done is change the oil, tranmission fluid timing belt, and spark plugs at suggested milage intervals never given me a problem just put gas in it and drive"

1993 vx

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I bought this car new in 1993 and it currently has 265,000 miles on it. I have averaged 48 mpg with this 49 state version of the vx hatchback over this time. Reliability has been outstanding."

best car to tune

By on Saturday, February 14, 2009

"my civic has been past down from my dad down to me this is my first car and i thikn this is the best first car some one can give there kid becuase of how easy it is to drive. I also like how much you can put in this car to make it a better and fast car. The best thing about this car is the amzing gas millage. i currently had about 200,000 miles on it and it still runs like new"

Great car

By on Thursday, January 8, 2009

"I purchased this car as a beater in 2003 for $2K. The car had 150000 miles on it than and now I have 205000. The previous owners didn't maintain the car well, so I changed all of the fluids, the belts, and put in a new clutch. The battery was replaced last year. I have nothing but good things to say about this car. Great fuel economy, decent handling, and extremely dependable."

Great car

By on Saturday, December 20, 2008

"Honda is know for its excellent reliablilty and value holding. This car is a perfect example. I have 104,000 miles on it which is pretty low for being a 94 but I have seen plenty upwards of 200,000 miles running fine. My only complaint would be lack of performance. For the size of the motor its actually great but 102HP and 98ft lbs isnt real thrilling when you step on it. Something more like the B-series out of an integra would be a nice swap to do but none the less its a great car to own."

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"I bought my Civic in '03 w/ 116K miles for $2k. I drive it for 5 years and ended up w/ 300K miles. Only major problem was a broken timing belt left me stranded once. Great car! Excellent mileage and fun to drive (exept in the snow!)"

great car

By on Monday, November 17, 2008

"i bought this car two years ago with 155k on it. now it has 169k on it. not the most comfortable, but it drives great, starts every time. just took it on a road trip and got 38.75 miles per gallon at 90 MPH. buy a car like this, andyou'll sing praises"

Great Reliable Car

By on Thursday, November 6, 2008

"I got this 92 Civic Used at 186K and it has 217k now a year later and the only thing wrong is the typical rust areas needing repair but it gets 36-42 MPG HWY."