1995 Honda Civic

Based on 479 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

366,000

By on Tuesday, February 5, 2008

"I had an '83 Civic coming up on 340,000 miles before it was totaled. My '93 just turned over 366,000. Extremely reliable - only routine maintenance, a few exhaust systems, front axels. I do a lot of highway driving, and consistenly got just a shade below 40 MPG in the summer and 36-37 mpg in the winter. I'm finally retiring it because it just blew a head gasket and I don't want to put the money into it at this point, but I would recommend this vehicle (or any Honda Civic)."

By FAR the BEST car I ever owned!

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"We bought our Civic VX brand new in Oct 1992 for 12,000. Drove it off the lot with 34 miles which we put on during the test drive. First BRAND NEW car ever owned. Now at 170,000 still the best car we ever bought (7 cars later this is still the only one we "still" own.). Reliable, still getting 45+ per gallon. Normal wear and tear aside, the only thing we have ever had to replace was the O2 sensor which we gave up on because they kept burning out. Knocked our gas mileage from 50+ to 45+ something we are willing to live with at this point."

impressed

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"222000 miles no Issues"

Excellent, long lasting Car

By on Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"I've had this car since graduating high school in '05 and have put on an additional 45000 miles bringing the total to 240,000 miles. Nearly a quarter million, no typo. Since I bought it, I've serviced it myself on a regular basis, and with the exception of break wear and coolant line degradation from salty off-road racing, has never had any mechanical problems. The Civic still gets about 28 mpg in the stop and race traffic of Orlando, and about 40 mpg on the highway at 85 mph. Being a light car it accelerates like no other (despite the low 105 hp engine) and handles beautifully. For a college student or someone looking for a first car, there's nothing better -especially when you buy it for 800 dollars (heck, your insurance for six months costs more than that!)."

Make this one your own!

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"The great thing about civics is not just the great gas milage, or sporty look. It's the fact that you have such a option to make the car your own. With many companies supporting after market parts. Or if thats not your thing, you can always find a part for them from anywhere since they are a very common car. Overall, i've yet to see a car with so much to offer!"

1995 Civic

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"What a great time it has been owning this car. I have had it for 13 years and 117,000 miles. The only out of regular service issue I had was the O2 sensor. I am having a hard time selling this car since my company bought me a company car. Honda has taken engineering to a great level. I bought it for $10K in 1994 and it is still worth $4K in 2007. Great car!"

Keeps going and going

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"I have had my car since it was new in 1994. Now with almost 250K on it, still have the original clutch and rear brakes. I have recently had to replace the coolant hoses (how come they only lasted 13 years?? LOL), front pads, A/C clutch locked up, clutch master cylinder leaked and replaced it, second replacement battery, oil changes/ spark plugs etc. Thats pretty much it. Cost of ownership, is mostly gas for 250K miles and initial price. Oh, I did break the driver's seat a while back, just replaced it with leather ones from an Integra. I will keep it for my kids to drive, unless too many more wacko drivers try to demolish it while I am at stop signs, now that is a story! Can't go wrong with one of these if it has been maintained correctly."

Difficult car to let go!

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"I've had my car for 9 yrs. Got it w/ 120K and I'm up to 271K (original motor). Cheap to maintain, great on gas, and holds its resale value. This car is extremely reliable. Rarely breaks down and usually inexpensive to repair. You can go to the moon and back with this ride and still have gas to spare. I'm getting older and want to buy a different car, but having a difficult time deciding whether or not to sell it. I love this car and I can't find any good reason to sell it other than I could use the money to put down on another one. Maybe I'll slap a new paint job on it and swap the engine when it dies...if it ever does. It seems to last forever. Think I'll hold on to it for 1 more year."

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"My civic has over 320,000 miles on it. I have had offers to buy it but I wont let it go."

Fun great car for value.

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "mpg comforbillity fun"

"This car is very practical and can be very fun, great mpg and with a little work you can make it pretty quick."