1995 Honda Civic

Based on 479 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Great First Car

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "Value, Reliability, Handling, MPG."

Cons: "Road Noise, Power Windows can fail, small gas tank"

"I have a '94 EX sedan and I love it! This civic is a great balance of performance and effiency. I would recommend the manual transmission for better performance. I average about 34 miles per gallon with mixed city and highway driving. Howver, this car is really pretty quick of the line with the 5-spd manual and handles very well and predictably. Because of previous abuse I have had to replace the front brakes, gas and brake lines, and the alternator. That being said, I did all of these repairs myself and the parts are very cheap and widely available. The body has held up pretty well for not being taken care of and for having 2400000 miles on it. The engine and transmission are rock solid and I don't plan to replace or repair them soon. Personally I find the car's seats to be comfortable and supportive, but if you are over 6-foot the celing will be too low. In the EX there are only 2 tiny cup holders that can only hold cans. Overall the design and location of controls in logical and pretty modern. One con is the gas tank is small at only 10 gallons. However with 34 MPG I have a range of about 330 miles which is no too bad. Overall this car is a good value and a great first/college car."

Sad to see her go

By on Thursday, November 05, 2015

Pros: "last forever, spacious, minimized blind spots"

Cons: "not ideal for carseats with 2 door"

"bought as my 2nd car and selling years later. I love my Honda like it's my baby. Problem is that I just had an actual baby and this 2 door hatchback isn't going to cut it. Seriously sad to see my honda go, but I really recommend this car. this hatch allows you to fit things that you wouldn't think possible in your car. I've brought a coffee table, desk, ikea dresser, ikea bed frame etc home in this puppy. feels like a mini race car. I like the openness of the windows and how there are very small blind spots compared to most modern cars."

465,000 Miles

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"This thing is built like a tank. I noticed some people dont give it as many stars for performance, but in a sense relative to an economy car, this thing has a good amount of power. Mine currently has 465,000 miles on it, still gets 34-39 MPG depending on the season, and starts in the dead of winter. I was hoping to reach 1,000,000 but i have a bad feeling rust will get to it first, but hey its worth a shot. Great Cars!!"

I love my Civic!

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"I love my little Civic! 18 years old (1994) with 306,499 miles and still running! Needs work occasionally as you would expect a car that old with that many miles on it but I love it."

Ol' Reliable

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Very affordable, Great mpg, highly responsive"

Cons: "Small issues if ignored, can turn to big ones."

"I've had my Civic DX for about ten years now. It purchased it through a private owner at 150,000 miles. Adding to that mileage a great deal, it's been with me through the craziest storms, and has seen every state in New England. The interior design and features are simplistic, and easy to locate and use, the handling is perfect, its transmission is highly responsive, and I can't stress enough how valuable its mpg rating is. Any time it needed a repair, it cost a fraction of the price of any other make and model of a different manufacturer. Hands down, if I could make this Civic last forever, it would be the only car I would ever own."

Great car, XLNT gas mileage

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"I get an average of 40 miles to a gallon. In terms of performance it is not the fastest car out there but good enough for commuting considering the gas mileage. In terms of comfort it is not equipped with a lot of storage compartments, no door pockets, the only storage you have is the hatchback trunk and the glovebox compartment. Other than that it is a great car."

BEST CAR I EVER BOUGHT!

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "reliability"

Cons: "rust"

"owned this car for 6 years. only thing i have ever replaced was the alternator. best car for reliability. never let me down. only thing wrong with the car. it gets the usual honda rust in the rear wheel fenders."

Peppy

By on Saturday, November 06, 2010

"People are always making offers to buy my car! It is a great little car, fuel efficient, economical, reliable and accelerates quickly. I will keep it as long as it keeps going."

It will be a sad day when it dies

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"I bought my Civic new in 1993 and planned on keeping it for 2-3 years until I was done with college. Now it is 15 years later and I only have 182,000 miles on it and still get 39 - 42 mpg. Too bad they can't turn it into a hybred so it gets 60+. Other than the things you need to do at regular intervals (maintenance, brakes, tires...) my total repair costs over the last 15 years have been about $400.00. I wish I could get another brand new 1993 just like it."

good car

By on Monday, October 22, 2007

"I've had my 95 civic for 3 years. I love it! It has 153,000 miles on it and still runs like a champ! My only complaints are there aren't a lot of compartments, it's not the quickest car it starts out slow but I do 85+ on the highway no problem, and I am 5'10 all legs so I do feel bad for the person sitting behind me. But I never have to go to the gas station filling up costs me $20-25 and it has never broken down on me. No major repairs have been needed besides a water pump and a new timing belt. I would recommend this to any parent as a childs first car or anyone who needs a commuter car."