1995 Honda Civic

Based on 469 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Car was purchased new 20 years ago. Very reliable

By on Sunday, January 26, 2014

"With routine maintenance this car will last forever."

Outstandingly Reliable

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, handling, trans., engine, mpg."

Cons: "Revs a bit fast, engine noise in car."

"Bought my 1995 Honda Civic LX in 2000 for 7000 with 30000 miles on it. I have put 190000 miles on this car myself, and I have never had to take it to the shop. Literally, nothing has gone wrong, and it runs so strong that I don't believe anything ever will. I had to have the SRS inspected in 2005 and it was $15 dollars. That is so much cheaper than any other car of its kind it's stupid, and so are all of the other repairs you could possibly ever have to make."

This is by far the best car I've ever owned!

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "dependable, good mileage, easy to drive"

Cons: "small back seat"

"I bought this car in March 1994 and I still have it! I've never missed an oil change (every 3,000 miles) and this car has never required anything other than routine, expected maintenance. I have never had any sudden or unexpected serious engine, clutch, transmission, etc. trouble requiring expensive maintenance. After 20 years, its just time to move on to another car. My wife can't drive a standard and it's time for something that suits her. The only drawback on the 1994 was the backseat was too small for adults to travel. But, I was single so, it didn't matter. New Civics are larger. GREAT CAR!"

wish i would have got a nice one...

By on Thursday, November 14, 2013

Reason: sick of repairs

Pros: "fun, dependable, cheap parts"

Cons: "many repairs"

"previous owners where very rough on this car. got this car at 150k two years ago. replaced starter, thermostat and hoses several times, had plenty electrical problems like one headlight not working and the left rear blinker not working, ecu problems and so on. leaked/burned a quart of oil every 200-300 miles. exhaust cracked off at the muffler and smoke was bad inside, it gave us headaches. door hinges bent down on both sides(heavy doors) and caused it to bend in the fender behind the wheel. even with all that and plenty more problems it still always got me where i was going very fast with 30+mpgs in town and 40 hwy. i got sick of repairing things so i sold it."

Ol' Reliable

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Very affordable, Great mpg, highly responsive"

Cons: "Small issues if ignored, can turn to big ones."

"I've had my Civic DX for about ten years now. It purchased it through a private owner at 150,000 miles. Adding to that mileage a great deal, it's been with me through the craziest storms, and has seen every state in New England. The interior design and features are simplistic, and easy to locate and use, the handling is perfect, its transmission is highly responsive, and I can't stress enough how valuable its mpg rating is. Any time it needed a repair, it cost a fraction of the price of any other make and model of a different manufacturer. Hands down, if I could make this Civic last forever, it would be the only car I would ever own."