1995 Honda Civic

Based on 475 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Great First Car

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "Value, Reliability, Handling, MPG."

Cons: "Road Noise, Power Windows can fail, small gas tank"

"I have a '94 EX sedan and I love it! This civic is a great balance of performance and effiency. I would recommend the manual transmission for better performance. I average about 34 miles per gallon with mixed city and highway driving. Howver, this car is really pretty quick of the line with the 5-spd manual and handles very well and predictably. Because of previous abuse I have had to replace the front brakes, gas and brake lines, and the alternator. That being said, I did all of these repairs myself and the parts are very cheap and widely available. The body has held up pretty well for not being taken care of and for having 2400000 miles on it. The engine and transmission are rock solid and I don't plan to replace or repair them soon. Personally I find the car's seats to be comfortable and supportive, but if you are over 6-foot the celing will be too low. In the EX there are only 2 tiny cup holders that can only hold cans. Overall the design and location of controls in logical and pretty modern. One con is the gas tank is small at only 10 gallons. However with 34 MPG I have a range of about 330 miles which is no too bad. Overall this car is a good value and a great first/college car."

Best Honda We have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pros: "Great mileage, handles like a sports car, great acceleration for a 1.5 ltr."

Cons: "LIttle noisy in the cockpit. Not as smooth a ride as say.......the accord or camry."

"We bought this car in 1998 with 43K on it from the original owner. We have done all the routine maintenance over the last 13 years and now the car has 263K on. Doesn't smoke, starts every time, averages 37-41 MPG. It is showing some signs of wear, the fabric in the seats is getting thin, paint doesn't shine like it used too but I won't replace it until it dies and that could be another 10 years."

Great style and performance. Original owner

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pros: "Nothing left to repair and will last."

Cons: "Needs dog hair cleaning"

Looks same as in photo

"Garaged. Constant updated all aspects of vehicle. No rust allowed. Brought to keep body in super condition. Love this vehicle!"

Looks same as in photo

Best Compact Made in the 90's

By on Saturday, May 22, 2010

"I bought this car used in 1999 for my son during his senior year in HS. It had 54,000 miles on it and it now has 148,000 miles and still running strong. Only maintenance needed was a radiator, distributor, battery, and tires of course. It consistently gets 35 mpg and is the most reliable car we have had."

465,000 Miles

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"This thing is built like a tank. I noticed some people dont give it as many stars for performance, but in a sense relative to an economy car, this thing has a good amount of power. Mine currently has 465,000 miles on it, still gets 34-39 MPG depending on the season, and starts in the dead of winter. I was hoping to reach 1,000,000 but i have a bad feeling rust will get to it first, but hey its worth a shot. Great Cars!!"

One of the best cars ever made for any age!!

By on Saturday, October 13, 2007

"I usually don't fill out reviews even though I read through alot of them on all kinds of products made these days, but I have to say that these hondas are one of the best cars ever made. Aside from all of the noticable things like gas milage (which they get EXCELLENT mpg), their preformance is great and they are simple yet very stylish (in my opinion). We've owned 2 hondas and the only reason that we got a 2nd one was that the first one was totalled out after someone hitting us (did I mention that the support beam in the passenger side door saved my life, along with my husband's driving skills!). My husband loved that car so much that we started looking right away for one just like it. I found him another one exactly the same as the 1st about 2 years later. That was in 2003 and even then we only had to finance it for 3 years at $135 a month. Insurance is (to me) unbelieveable. We now live in Florida and it costs us a whole $250 for 6 months at full coverage! Talk about worth it. Now granted it's not a very comfortable "family" car but you can still get 2 carseats in the back seat (ours is a coupe) and groceries in the trunk. This is perfect for my husband as his personal, go to work, or run his own everyday errands (or for a highschool/college student's first car). I'd have to say that the 2nd honda is just as dependable as the first. It has about 250,000 miles on it and requires the minimum maintance (regular oil changes, tune ups every 1-1.5 years, etc), and we've ran ours across country numerous times (no joke) for 4 years now and I'm talking 3000 miles in one trip! Needless to say, we won't be trading our car in for a long time."

Ol' Reliable

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Very affordable, Great mpg, highly responsive"

Cons: "Small issues if ignored, can turn to big ones."

"I've had my Civic DX for about ten years now. It purchased it through a private owner at 150,000 miles. Adding to that mileage a great deal, it's been with me through the craziest storms, and has seen every state in New England. The interior design and features are simplistic, and easy to locate and use, the handling is perfect, its transmission is highly responsive, and I can't stress enough how valuable its mpg rating is. Any time it needed a repair, it cost a fraction of the price of any other make and model of a different manufacturer. Hands down, if I could make this Civic last forever, it would be the only car I would ever own."

I love my Civic!

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"I love my little Civic! 18 years old (1994) with 306,499 miles and still running! Needs work occasionally as you would expect a car that old with that many miles on it but I love it."

Great car, XLNT gas mileage

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"I get an average of 40 miles to a gallon. In terms of performance it is not the fastest car out there but good enough for commuting considering the gas mileage. In terms of comfort it is not equipped with a lot of storage compartments, no door pockets, the only storage you have is the hatchback trunk and the glovebox compartment. Other than that it is a great car."

One of the 'best vehicles ever' says it.

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "You would have to drive one to know"

Cons: "Not worth mentioning"

"Bought this in '02 for $8K with 74K miles on it. My Civic has NEVER failed to start in the harshest New England weather. All maintenance was what you would do to any car. Repairs are relatively inexpensive, and parts are always available. Of all the cars I've owned in my 60 years, this Civic EX is the most fun of all. Even as old as mine is, every time I drop behind the wheel and fire her up I'm looking forward to the experience. 12 years running, 160,000 miles later, and the anticipation is always fresh...possibly the best car ever..."