1995 Honda Civic

Based on 475 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Great First Car

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "Value, Reliability, Handling, MPG."

Cons: "Road Noise, Power Windows can fail, small gas tank"

"I have a '94 EX sedan and I love it! This civic is a great balance of performance and effiency. I would recommend the manual transmission for better performance. I average about 34 miles per gallon with mixed city and highway driving. Howver, this car is really pretty quick of the line with the 5-spd manual and handles very well and predictably. Because of previous abuse I have had to replace the front brakes, gas and brake lines, and the alternator. That being said, I did all of these repairs myself and the parts are very cheap and widely available. The body has held up pretty well for not being taken care of and for having 2400000 miles on it. The engine and transmission are rock solid and I don't plan to replace or repair them soon. Personally I find the car's seats to be comfortable and supportive, but if you are over 6-foot the celing will be too low. In the EX there are only 2 tiny cup holders that can only hold cans. Overall the design and location of controls in logical and pretty modern. One con is the gas tank is small at only 10 gallons. However with 34 MPG I have a range of about 330 miles which is no too bad. Overall this car is a good value and a great first/college car."

465,000 Miles

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"This thing is built like a tank. I noticed some people dont give it as many stars for performance, but in a sense relative to an economy car, this thing has a good amount of power. Mine currently has 465,000 miles on it, still gets 34-39 MPG depending on the season, and starts in the dead of winter. I was hoping to reach 1,000,000 but i have a bad feeling rust will get to it first, but hey its worth a shot. Great Cars!!"

Ol' Reliable

By on Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Pros: "Very affordable, Great mpg, highly responsive"

Cons: "Small issues if ignored, can turn to big ones."

"I've had my Civic DX for about ten years now. It purchased it through a private owner at 150,000 miles. Adding to that mileage a great deal, it's been with me through the craziest storms, and has seen every state in New England. The interior design and features are simplistic, and easy to locate and use, the handling is perfect, its transmission is highly responsive, and I can't stress enough how valuable its mpg rating is. Any time it needed a repair, it cost a fraction of the price of any other make and model of a different manufacturer. Hands down, if I could make this Civic last forever, it would be the only car I would ever own."

I love my Civic!

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"I love my little Civic! 18 years old (1994) with 306,499 miles and still running! Needs work occasionally as you would expect a car that old with that many miles on it but I love it."

Great car, XLNT gas mileage

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2007

"I get an average of 40 miles to a gallon. In terms of performance it is not the fastest car out there but good enough for commuting considering the gas mileage. In terms of comfort it is not equipped with a lot of storage compartments, no door pockets, the only storage you have is the hatchback trunk and the glovebox compartment. Other than that it is a great car."