1995 Honda Civic

Based on 475 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Great First Car

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "Value, Reliability, Handling, MPG."

Cons: "Road Noise, Power Windows can fail, small gas tank"

"I have a '94 EX sedan and I love it! This civic is a great balance of performance and effiency. I would recommend the manual transmission for better performance. I average about 34 miles per gallon with mixed city and highway driving. Howver, this car is really pretty quick of the line with the 5-spd manual and handles very well and predictably. Because of previous abuse I have had to replace the front brakes, gas and brake lines, and the alternator. That being said, I did all of these repairs myself and the parts are very cheap and widely available. The body has held up pretty well for not being taken care of and for having 2400000 miles on it. The engine and transmission are rock solid and I don't plan to replace or repair them soon. Personally I find the car's seats to be comfortable and supportive, but if you are over 6-foot the celing will be too low. In the EX there are only 2 tiny cup holders that can only hold cans. Overall the design and location of controls in logical and pretty modern. One con is the gas tank is small at only 10 gallons. However with 34 MPG I have a range of about 330 miles which is no too bad. Overall this car is a good value and a great first/college car."

Best Honda We have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pros: "Great mileage, handles like a sports car, great acceleration for a 1.5 ltr."

Cons: "LIttle noisy in the cockpit. Not as smooth a ride as say.......the accord or camry."

"We bought this car in 1998 with 43K on it from the original owner. We have done all the routine maintenance over the last 13 years and now the car has 263K on. Doesn't smoke, starts every time, averages 37-41 MPG. It is showing some signs of wear, the fabric in the seats is getting thin, paint doesn't shine like it used too but I won't replace it until it dies and that could be another 10 years."

Great style and performance. Original owner

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pros: "Nothing left to repair and will last."

Cons: "Needs dog hair cleaning"

Looks same as in photo

"Garaged. Constant updated all aspects of vehicle. No rust allowed. Brought to keep body in super condition. Love this vehicle!"

Looks same as in photo

Best Compact Made in the 90's

By on Saturday, May 22, 2010

"I bought this car used in 1999 for my son during his senior year in HS. It had 54,000 miles on it and it now has 148,000 miles and still running strong. Only maintenance needed was a radiator, distributor, battery, and tires of course. It consistently gets 35 mpg and is the most reliable car we have had."

465,000 Miles

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"This thing is built like a tank. I noticed some people dont give it as many stars for performance, but in a sense relative to an economy car, this thing has a good amount of power. Mine currently has 465,000 miles on it, still gets 34-39 MPG depending on the season, and starts in the dead of winter. I was hoping to reach 1,000,000 but i have a bad feeling rust will get to it first, but hey its worth a shot. Great Cars!!"