1994 Honda Civic

Based on 474 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Best Car I Ever Owned

By on Friday, December 05, 2008

"This car was a good car. I bought it at 135000 miles, and it has 200k plus on it now, still running good. It is a little week on power, but excellent gas mileage, comfort level is good, good on insurance, hugs the road, I would recommend this car to anyone. I never did anywork to it except routine maintenace!"

In love with Honda

By on Friday, November 28, 2008

"I have a 1994 Honda Civic and I have owned it for almost 3 years. I couldnt ask for a better car. I bought it at 133000 miles and it still runs brand new. It looks good and is extremely comfortable. Works through all kinda of weather. Starts right up in the cold and never overheats even on the hottest of days. It is very safe even though it is small. I have been in a pretty bad accident with it and walked away unharmed. It didnt even get as bad of body damage as the other brand new Mercedes did. I am looking to sell it soon and let me tell you, even though it has almost 166000 miles on it now, it will take someone even further. I am going to absolutely be looking into purchasing a Honda in the near future. Two thumbs up for this car."

95 Honda Civic still great!

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I bought my lavender-silver Civic DX coupe new in 1995. It has been a reliable and enjoyable car to drive all these years and I still love it. Fits me like a glove (female, 5'6"); excellent visibility, too. I upgraded the sound system and added sheepskin seat covers. No major mechanical problems and I've had to perform only routine maintenance and purchase several sets of tires, brakes. Am hoping for another 200,000 miles with it! (oh, did I mention the 36-38 mpg?)"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"42 MPG, basically what every cary should be, I have 250,000 miles on this car, will probably run to 500,000..."

Awsome Car

By on Saturday, March 08, 2008

"This car is amazing even at 280,000 miles. Ive only replaced the radiator on it. Need to replaced control arm bushing and fix oil pan leak but other than that it runs like new. Got 43 mpg at 80 mph just as good as a prius and looks 10 times better. Acceleration is ok with the 5 speed. Gets up to 55 in no time. Overall BUY A CIVIC. Or a HONDA . You wont be disapointed"

One of the best economic car.

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"I've had my car since 1997 and it still runs great. I all ways made my rutine oil changes and tune-up, Now that gas prices are going way up, my car is very good on gas so i don't have to spend a lot of money. I don't think i would ever sell my car."

CIVIC FO' LYFE

By on Friday, August 31, 2007

"I love this car. 1995 Civics are great because its the last year before Honda made significant changes that altered its reliablity and made it harder for someone like me, with only a general vehicle knowledge, to work on/maintain this vehicle. Parts are relatively inexpensive and with basic maintanence(which is quite frequent), you can easily drive this car to well past the 200k mile mark."

will run forever

By on Friday, October 24, 2014

Reason: replacing with new car

"I would drive this car for several more years if the interior had held up a bit longer."

Excellent transportation car

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Economical, reliable, sporty drive, timeless style"

Cons: "Noisy inside, seats uncomfortable, underpowered"

"I bought this car new in 1995 and maintained it by the book. It still runs great and I've never had a problem with it. On the down side, it is a bit underpowered, noisy inside, and does not have very comfortable seats. Best features are its reliability and mileage - it gets 35 to 40 MPG on the open road and at least 28 MPG around town. Repairs have been absolutely minimal."

Love Love Love my 1994 Honda Civic LX!

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "Dependable, low maintenance, easy to replace parts"

Cons: "none!"

"I bought my '1994' honda civic (manual) in 1995 with 45,000miles. 2013 I have 151,000 amazing miles...just basic maintenance, I hope to keep her as long as possible which many say into the high 200thousands...cars are not made this well anymore...plastic with metal, different metals that expand at different temperatures causing seals to go...I don't want a throw away car =( Betsy will hopefully retire with me =), I get 33city and 36 fwy...and no hybrid battery cost! after 1998 I think Honda began working on other projects (robots, jets) and the civic started going downhill. If you have a civic up to 1998, keep her!"

The perfect car

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "Value, drivers car, fun to drive, potential, mpg"

Cons: "cup holders lol, a little underpowered"

"I bought my car in rough shape, it's very rare to find an EG hatchback that isn't riced out or has major damage. Both my doors are dented, there's minor dents around the vehicle. The front end needs a lot of work, but everything is in great mechanical shape, and the interior is all there and not ripped. I have been doing a lot of work to this car, free work, fixing all the little things that the previous owners neglected. I have plans for fixing the bodywork, coilover suspension and turboing the stock motor(after heavy maintenance) to give it a little more power for merging. This car is perfect for my lifestyle, and being a car enthusiast, I can think of no other car that offer this much value and utility in a design that I love. There are cons to this car, such as the cup holders. I don't like to eat or drink in the car, I think it's a bad habit so things like that don't bother me."

My Honda is 18 Years Young!

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, Great MPG, Cheap to Operate"

Cons: "None come to mind!"

"My intentions are to keep my Honda Civic until I can slap a 20 year "collector" tag on it's tail end. I am just as happy with it now as the day I drove it off the showroom floor in 1994 with only 64 miles on the odometer! To me, it's just as stylish, and some years, even better looking than the newest models."

I love my civic

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Pros: "My car is very Fun to drive, and it has caracture."

Cons: "A/C don't work now, but the front windows go down."

"What can I say, my car has been good to me and I plan to have it until it quit's on me. I bought it off my bro in 2005 w/84000 miles. It need's little work, but it is still running like a champ. Honda did an AWSOME job when they built this car, Thankyou Honda.... I am the second owner and hope to be the last. My car get's 32-40mpg, little rust, undercoated, fully loaded except the back window's don't go down but that's ok with me.."

love my honda

By on Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Pros: "great engine, reliable, awesome gas mileage"

Cons: "minor issues - problems with the exaust, fuses"

"I've had my '92 Honda Civic for a little over three years now. It gets great gas mileage and it's tough. It's reliable and I've only had to do minor repairs here and there. Never had anything major go wrong. I love this car."

I <3 My Civic

By on Thursday, December 08, 2011

Pros: "Gas econ, reliability"

Cons: "Nothing."

"I love this car it gets me to where I need to go and on a great budget. It's kinda of small on the inside but cozy. Pretty simple, take care of this car and it will take car of you!"

cant go wrong with this car

By on Sunday, November 06, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, looks great, reliable"

Cons: "small cup holders"

sittin pretty

"i've owned my civic for about 3 years and have never had a problem with it, starts up exactly the same every time, weather its cold or hot no problem and i live where temperateres reach 100 and fall to 15. I cherish this car and am so proud to own such a reliable fun sexy little coupe. This car still looks great even after 16 years, its design is competitive with new cars, truly a timeless design. The 1.6 litre v-tec engine may be small but packs a good little punch and runs like a charm not to mention amazing on gas. great job on this one honda!"

sittin pretty

excellent car

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

"great real-able car"

best car i have owned so far love driving it

By on Friday, September 23, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "arm rest missing"

"and its dependability"

Most dependable car

By on Wednesday, September 08, 2010

"This car is about as cheap as about 4 car payments of my friends' cars. Is it as nice? No, there's a tear in one seat, the paint is peeling, there's quite a few little dents and there's some rust on one of the quarter panels. This car spent much of its life in the midwest (two years I owned it and 5 years my cousin owned it there) so I'm actually surprised it isn't rusted more. But I don't mind, the A/C works great and that's really all you need to be comfortable here in Arizona. Is it every bit as reliable? Yes. It does need maintenance and repairs now and then. The major repairs I have had to make in the three years I have owned this car are head gasket replacement and some new part was required for the air conditioner. I take excellent care of it though, it gets synthetic oil and changed not a mile late. Does it get as good of gas mileage? Actually, its better. It only holds 10 gallons! That would mean stopping every 150 miles in my Dad's truck but one little tank will last between 300 and 400 miles. So in summary: 1/10th the price of friends newer cars, not as nice, but very reliable and great mileage."

Awesome Little Car

By on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"We've had this car for 15 years and it has served us well at 208,000 miles. It still gets 38 mpg and keeps on going. Absolutely love this car."

Outstanding

By on Saturday, July 03, 2010

"Had this car for 5 years. Bought with 87,000 miles. A/C is cold, comfortable and stylish. Gets 38mpg too, which is better than the new ones. Acceleration is Great. One of the best import for taking corners at 80mph. Small but great on long trips. plenty of room and great for weaving into tight places in traffic"

Good relaible car

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"1995 DX coupe bought mine over a year ago. The only thing I have had to do is oil change and thermostat. It is very sporty and has alot of go. The air cond does not work so good when it is really hot, like when you really need it. mechanic says there is nothing wrong with it. It might be just my car, or me."

14.5 Years and Counting

By on Friday, February 12, 2010

"Had this car since 1995. No Major problem's except a new ignition, but I'm pretty sure the shop just ripped me off. Use this for the 800 mile round trip from college to home, and it works like a champion."

By on Tuesday, January 05, 2010

"I have had this car for about 2 years, and I love it! it is about 100 miles away from 200,000 miles, and it runs better than anything. Only things that needed replaced where the clutch(first time manual driver...), battery.even in the wyoming winters(which can be -30, and a foot of snow, my car does awesome!"

'93 honda civic LX

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Bought it at 130K miles for 3 grand 7 years ago. In seven years I put 35K miles on it and during the whole time I owned it it did burn a little oil. I purchased it that way not knowing it did burn oil. Not a fast car, not a real comfy car. Especially for me since I am 6'6" 300 pounds. But it will get you where you need to go. Didn't have to do much as far as repairs, it held up pretty good for me. Only money I put in it was tires and a battery. At 165K miles it dropped a cyclinder and its not worth repairing due to its age. I would recommend it for work car or a student car. I have a family so it is not for me anymore. In the market now for another reliable, bigger car, a Jeep Cherokee. Otherwise I would get another one of these."