1994 Honda Civic

Based on 475 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

One of the 'best vehicles ever' says it.

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Pros: "You would have to drive one to know"

Cons: "Not worth mentioning"

"Bought this in '02 for $8K with 74K miles on it. My Civic has NEVER failed to start in the harshest New England weather. All maintenance was what you would do to any car. Repairs are relatively inexpensive, and parts are always available. Of all the cars I've owned in my 60 years, this Civic EX is the most fun of all. Even as old as mine is, every time I drop behind the wheel and fire her up I'm looking forward to the experience. 12 years running, 160,000 miles later, and the anticipation is always fresh...possibly the best car ever..."

BEST CAR I EVER BOUGHT!

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "reliability"

Cons: "rust"

"owned this car for 6 years. only thing i have ever replaced was the alternator. best car for reliability. never let me down. only thing wrong with the car. it gets the usual honda rust in the rear wheel fenders."

Peppy

By on Saturday, November 06, 2010

"People are always making offers to buy my car! It is a great little car, fuel efficient, economical, reliable and accelerates quickly. I will keep it as long as it keeps going."

Outstanding little car that keeps on going

By on Saturday, September 26, 2009

"I bought my 1992 Civic DX about 3 years or so ago. Since then besides oil changes the only thing I have had to replace was the alternator and battery. Even though changing the alternator is a little tricky. I get about 50-54 mpg out of the little booger. And of course my wallet enjoys it. I paid only 1200 for it when I got it and it had about 120K on the original engine and transmission. It now has 254K on it and still is going strong. I will drive this car until it dies. It has been lent out to other family members and has been put through torture with them before I got it back the body has pings and etc all in it but who cares about looks when 20 bucks fills your tank up and carries you well over 400 miles without even having to think about refilling. I recommend if anyone has one keep it, even if it may take a bit of money to keep it going, you will always get your money back out of the car."

It will be a sad day when it dies

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"I bought my Civic new in 1993 and planned on keeping it for 2-3 years until I was done with college. Now it is 15 years later and I only have 182,000 miles on it and still get 39 - 42 mpg. Too bad they can't turn it into a hybred so it gets 60+. Other than the things you need to do at regular intervals (maintenance, brakes, tires...) my total repair costs over the last 15 years have been about $400.00. I wish I could get another brand new 1993 just like it."