1994 Honda Civic

Based on 475 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

By FAR the BEST car I ever owned!

By on Friday, December 28, 2007

"We bought our Civic VX brand new in Oct 1992 for 12,000. Drove it off the lot with 34 miles which we put on during the test drive. First BRAND NEW car ever owned. Now at 170,000 still the best car we ever bought (7 cars later this is still the only one we "still" own.). Reliable, still getting 45+ per gallon. Normal wear and tear aside, the only thing we have ever had to replace was the O2 sensor which we gave up on because they kept burning out. Knocked our gas mileage from 50+ to 45+ something we are willing to live with at this point."

impressed

By on Tuesday, November 20, 2007

"222000 miles no Issues"

Excellent, long lasting Car

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2007

"I've had this car since graduating high school in '05 and have put on an additional 45000 miles bringing the total to 240,000 miles. Nearly a quarter million, no typo. Since I bought it, I've serviced it myself on a regular basis, and with the exception of break wear and coolant line degradation from salty off-road racing, has never had any mechanical problems. The Civic still gets about 28 mpg in the stop and race traffic of Orlando, and about 40 mpg on the highway at 85 mph. Being a light car it accelerates like no other (despite the low 105 hp engine) and handles beautifully. For a college student or someone looking for a first car, there's nothing better -especially when you buy it for 800 dollars (heck, your insurance for six months costs more than that!)."

Make this one your own!

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"The great thing about civics is not just the great gas milage, or sporty look. It's the fact that you have such a option to make the car your own. With many companies supporting after market parts. Or if thats not your thing, you can always find a part for them from anywhere since they are a very common car. Overall, i've yet to see a car with so much to offer!"

1995 Civic

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2007

"What a great time it has been owning this car. I have had it for 13 years and 117,000 miles. The only out of regular service issue I had was the O2 sensor. I am having a hard time selling this car since my company bought me a company car. Honda has taken engineering to a great level. I bought it for $10K in 1994 and it is still worth $4K in 2007. Great car!"

Keeps going and going

By on Sunday, August 19, 2007

"I have had my car since it was new in 1994. Now with almost 250K on it, still have the original clutch and rear brakes. I have recently had to replace the coolant hoses (how come they only lasted 13 years?? LOL), front pads, A/C clutch locked up, clutch master cylinder leaked and replaced it, second replacement battery, oil changes/ spark plugs etc. Thats pretty much it. Cost of ownership, is mostly gas for 250K miles and initial price. Oh, I did break the driver's seat a while back, just replaced it with leather ones from an Integra. I will keep it for my kids to drive, unless too many more wacko drivers try to demolish it while I am at stop signs, now that is a story! Can't go wrong with one of these if it has been maintained correctly."

Difficult car to let go!

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I've had my car for 9 yrs. Got it w/ 120K and I'm up to 271K (original motor). Cheap to maintain, great on gas, and holds its resale value. This car is extremely reliable. Rarely breaks down and usually inexpensive to repair. You can go to the moon and back with this ride and still have gas to spare. I'm getting older and want to buy a different car, but having a difficult time deciding whether or not to sell it. I love this car and I can't find any good reason to sell it other than I could use the money to put down on another one. Maybe I'll slap a new paint job on it and swap the engine when it dies...if it ever does. It seems to last forever. Think I'll hold on to it for 1 more year."

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"My civic has over 320,000 miles on it. I have had offers to buy it but I wont let it go."

Fun great car for value.

By on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pros: "mpg comforbillity fun"

"This car is very practical and can be very fun, great mpg and with a little work you can make it pretty quick."

GOOD RELIABLE VEHCILE FOR THE PRICE.

By on Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pros: "Good gas milage"

Cons: "minor things mentioned about"

"LOOKS AND RUNS GOOD FOR A 1995 HONDA. SIMPLE THINGS WRONG WITH WITH. DRIVERS WINDOW IS SLIGHTLY OFF TRACK DOESN'T GO ALL THE WAY UP WITH OUT HELP. Sliding moon roof is a little slow might be the motor or might need to be greased up (im assuming it needs some maintenance/grease will clean it and apply some tomorrow. I'm sure it will fix it). Hood didn't latch without help of moving spring back, a little wd40 help and fixed that. alignment OFF, PULLS TO THE RIGHT. drivers side quarter panel has a little dent in it. brakes work good. slight squeaked on the rear drivers side spring/shock. Only new part added was an o2 sensor. clutch is a little sensitive. Good gas millage. One of the better cars i have owned out of about 10 different vehicles. I would have to rank this car 3rd. (#1) 1995 bmw 325i, (#2) 1990 chevy caprice V8 305, (#3) 1995 honda civic ex 2dr coupe. Would recommend if you find one in good condition adult owned and not beat or abused up by a kid."

They don't make 'em like this anymore.

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Compact, great MPG, sharp looking, fun drive!"

Cons: "Quarter panel rust is common, but it's old."

"I have a 1995 Civc DX manual trans which doesn't even come with power steering and it is still my favorite. It's rugged and reliable. It goes great in the snow even when my tires are horrible haha. I would keep this car forever if I could."

Honda Civics rock!

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Easy to handle, great gas mileage"

Cons: "none, really"

"This car has been excellent ever since it was bought. Only minor (maintanence) repairs and absolutely awesome gas mileage!"

By on Friday, May 07, 2010

"I have owned this car for the last 6 years and have been very satisfied it. I haven't had any major issues. I have made 2 1000 mile trips with it. The handling is sporty. Everything works fine! I live in a region with snow and wind and yet it handles fine. The interior is top quality. The manual clutch is amazing."

This is a great car

By on Wednesday, November 11, 2009

"I bought this car brand new in 1995. It has served me well. Other than normal wear and tear I have not had major issues with the car. It has 147,000 miles and is still going strong. My only complaint is the seats are not that comfortable."

Runs forever!!

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"I bought this car off Craigslist for $500 @ 217k miles. Now have 255k and only had to slap a replacement $200 manual transmission and slave / master cylinders in it. It gets 40 MPG everywhere!!! If you have the A/C on, the car is slow as molasses, but I still LOVE IT. I would definately buy another one, guarenteed!"

honda forever

By on Sunday, August 23, 2009

"i've been a honda owner since 1984. be a real hard sell to get me to drive anything else. they are definitely not a hotrod, but they are very reliable. not a cushy ride, but then it's a small, basic car, and i'm not into big luxury rides anyway. now own a '92 vx. get average 47-48 mpg. 54-55 on trips. and, i don't baby the thing! bought this one very used 2 1/2 years ago. did a bit of tranny work and it has been a great, cheap ride. i'll keep it til it dies, then resurrect it! my first civic ran over 360,000 miles on all original parts (i should have rebuilt and kept going). this one has nearly 190,000 and still going strong. had the '92 cx version for nearly 4 years til i bought this for the improved mileage. passed the cx on to my son who uses it for his daily ride (his other car is a mustang). that one has well over 300,000 on it (the odometer was out of commission for 2 years!) and going strong. i don't like spending time in the garage and with a honda i don't need to. a honda's not even broken in til 150,000-200,000! yeah! i'd recommend it!!! get yourself one if you can find anyone willing to part with one."

Excellent economy car

By on Monday, July 06, 2009

"I bought this car from a 1owner lady with 35k miles. Used it for over 4yrs and sold it for a great price WITH hail damage! I had the BASE DX model. Had sometimes 40mpg in the city with good driving!!! Incredible. I wish i still had it. Nothing like a Honda!"

Value for money

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2009

"I got this car used about a 2 years ago. I started loving it. Let's be honest. It is by no means a powerful car. but the sound of a 4 banger and a high revving engine is really worth it. Its quisck. Its low CG lets you go on and around ramps at 45 in confidence. I did install better rims and tires which worked out well. Other than the regular oil changes there was no other expenditure on it. It is surprisingly good in the snow. Better than my mazda millenia. Great MPgs to. 31 in the city and with hypermiling i have got 43 on the highway. Which is very impressive. I would not want to sell this car. You dont have to worry about parking downtown and people bumping into it. Its a very reliable Honda."

Civics 4 LIFE!

By on Thursday, April 16, 2009

"If you are even considering buying one...DO IT!!! This car will run you for life! My first civic had 308,000miles on stock motor and tranny!! BUY ONE!!!"

Best Car I Ever Owned

By on Friday, December 05, 2008

"This car was a good car. I bought it at 135000 miles, and it has 200k plus on it now, still running good. It is a little week on power, but excellent gas mileage, comfort level is good, good on insurance, hugs the road, I would recommend this car to anyone. I never did anywork to it except routine maintenace!"

In love with Honda

By on Friday, November 28, 2008

"I have a 1994 Honda Civic and I have owned it for almost 3 years. I couldnt ask for a better car. I bought it at 133000 miles and it still runs brand new. It looks good and is extremely comfortable. Works through all kinda of weather. Starts right up in the cold and never overheats even on the hottest of days. It is very safe even though it is small. I have been in a pretty bad accident with it and walked away unharmed. It didnt even get as bad of body damage as the other brand new Mercedes did. I am looking to sell it soon and let me tell you, even though it has almost 166000 miles on it now, it will take someone even further. I am going to absolutely be looking into purchasing a Honda in the near future. Two thumbs up for this car."

95 Honda Civic still great!

By on Thursday, November 20, 2008

"I bought my lavender-silver Civic DX coupe new in 1995. It has been a reliable and enjoyable car to drive all these years and I still love it. Fits me like a glove (female, 5'6"); excellent visibility, too. I upgraded the sound system and added sheepskin seat covers. No major mechanical problems and I've had to perform only routine maintenance and purchase several sets of tires, brakes. Am hoping for another 200,000 miles with it! (oh, did I mention the 36-38 mpg?)"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, September 11, 2008

"42 MPG, basically what every cary should be, I have 250,000 miles on this car, will probably run to 500,000..."

Awsome Car

By on Saturday, March 08, 2008

"This car is amazing even at 280,000 miles. Ive only replaced the radiator on it. Need to replaced control arm bushing and fix oil pan leak but other than that it runs like new. Got 43 mpg at 80 mph just as good as a prius and looks 10 times better. Acceleration is ok with the 5 speed. Gets up to 55 in no time. Overall BUY A CIVIC. Or a HONDA . You wont be disapointed"

One of the best economic car.

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"I've had my car since 1997 and it still runs great. I all ways made my rutine oil changes and tune-up, Now that gas prices are going way up, my car is very good on gas so i don't have to spend a lot of money. I don't think i would ever sell my car."