1993 Honda Civic

Based on 474 Ratings for the 1992 - 1995 models.

Coolest Hatchback Ever

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2008

"I have a 92 Hatch CX, and I love it. It gets great gas mileage and it looks cool. It gets about 40 miles to the gallon. It is a 5 speed manual. I bought it in October of 2007 with 105055 miles on it for $1,800. It is a very reliable car. They are very easy to work on and everything is easy to find in the engine. The performance is not as good as I like, but it has some "get up and go". I plan on having it my whole life. If you want a reliable car that gets great gas mileage than the Honda Civic is the car for you. You will get your moneys worth."

Great First Car

By on Friday, April 20, 2012

Pros: "Value, Reliability, Handling, MPG."

Cons: "Road Noise, Power Windows can fail, small gas tank"

"I have a '94 EX sedan and I love it! This civic is a great balance of performance and effiency. I would recommend the manual transmission for better performance. I average about 34 miles per gallon with mixed city and highway driving. Howver, this car is really pretty quick of the line with the 5-spd manual and handles very well and predictably. Because of previous abuse I have had to replace the front brakes, gas and brake lines, and the alternator. That being said, I did all of these repairs myself and the parts are very cheap and widely available. The body has held up pretty well for not being taken care of and for having 2400000 miles on it. The engine and transmission are rock solid and I don't plan to replace or repair them soon. Personally I find the car's seats to be comfortable and supportive, but if you are over 6-foot the celing will be too low. In the EX there are only 2 tiny cup holders that can only hold cans. Overall the design and location of controls in logical and pretty modern. One con is the gas tank is small at only 10 gallons. However with 34 MPG I have a range of about 330 miles which is no too bad. Overall this car is a good value and a great first/college car."

Best Honda We have ever owned!

By on Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Pros: "Great mileage, handles like a sports car, great acceleration for a 1.5 ltr."

Cons: "LIttle noisy in the cockpit. Not as smooth a ride as say.......the accord or camry."

"We bought this car in 1998 with 43K on it from the original owner. We have done all the routine maintenance over the last 13 years and now the car has 263K on. Doesn't smoke, starts every time, averages 37-41 MPG. It is showing some signs of wear, the fabric in the seats is getting thin, paint doesn't shine like it used too but I won't replace it until it dies and that could be another 10 years."

Great vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "good gas milage"

Cons: "starting to show wear and tear but still drives great!"

"I love my honda civic. It gets great milage, is comfortable to drive in traffic. Honda did a great job when they made this car."

Best Compact Made in the 90's

By on Saturday, May 22, 2010

"I bought this car used in 1999 for my son during his senior year in HS. It had 54,000 miles on it and it now has 148,000 miles and still running strong. Only maintenance needed was a radiator, distributor, battery, and tires of course. It consistently gets 35 mpg and is the most reliable car we have had."