2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,965 - $22,976.

10/8.2

8.1

Based on 175 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

What happend to "Honda quality"?

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

I want this car

""2015 accord lx base model 6 speed manual trans... .. The more time I spend in this car the more I dislike it. I know it's the base model, but everything just feels so cheap and low grade. I didn't look the car over that great before buying I guess--I trusted that Honda would be #1 in quality like they used to be. I loved the Honda's of old. The quality used to be beautiful and the cars Honda made felt tight and well engineered. This thing feels loose and sloppy like an old GM product. Where is the Honda that used to be great? Where is the legendary Honda quality? The clutch engagement point is too high and the trans feels kind of sloppy and not tight or smooth, but the car is still fun to drive, handles great, but just doesn't feel well built. The paint is chipping in areas already too. The interior fit and finish is poor. Thinking of taking a hit and trading this while it's still worth something!""

love this car

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, reliable, fun drive, safety"

"Love this car, and the service we've received from the Honda dealership where we bought it."

Great So Far

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "transmission, engine, value, seat material"

Cons: "Honda app"

"I had my Accord for about 5 months now and no complaints whatsoever. The engine is like butter, you do not feel the jerking motion of switching gears. It is amazing what the car delivers for the $$$."

Very happy so far!

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "Good performance, good MPG, comfortable."

Cons: "Audio/Tech interface a bit clunky."

"We were looking for a vehicle for making trips to see the kids and grandkids. We wanted something comfortable with good MPG. We also wanted a few creature comforts like heated seats and a sunroof. I didn't want a hybrid because I'm not sure it would last the 10-12 years that we drive vehicles. Anyhow, we ended up purchasing an EX-L, 2.4L 4 cyl. w/CVT. We've had the car about 3 weeks and have put 1500 miles on it. 35 MPG at 71-72 MPH. Our mixed use average has been 30 MPG. It looks like a consistent 36 MPG at 65 MPH. Based on prior Honda ownership (a 2003 Civic), I expect the mileage to increase as things break-in. You do have to drive gently to get good mileage. In the city with lot of stop and go and a top speed of 30-40 MPH, you probably won't get much above the low 20s for MPG. The CVT transmission is very smooth and overall performance is responsive. It doesn't feel underpowered at all. Some of complained of loud road noise, but I don't think it is bad at all. The ride is very comfortable. My only real complaint is the technology/audio system. It doesn't seem very integrated. Sometimes you have to look at the top screen, other times you look at the bottom screen. Some other vehicles we tested were better. I like the lane departure warning, forward collision warning and the blind spot camera on the right. The later can be a little distracting, but there are times I wish it was on the left side also! All-in-all, a very nice vehicle that I think we will be happy with for quite awhile."

Very Pleased

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great features, looks, and reliability"

Cons: "lots of features = complicated controls"

"After 1.5 years of driving I am very happy with this car. In particular, having two information screens allows you to view two items, for example music functions and navigation, at the same time vs. other makes with only one screen. The only thing I'd change is the music display has the artist and the song title listed on the same line so they both get truncated. If each was on a different line you could see the entire title, not a biggie. The other thing is that the blower or heater fan is not powerful enough to heat the car quickly enough. Voice recognition on phone book and navigation could be improved."