• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,180 - $37,671.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 161 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great Car, no regrets

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Power, quietness, safety features, technology"

Cons: "steering feel, ride quality"

"I bought this car (Honda Accord EX-L V6) back in November of 2013, and I thoroughly enjoy driving this car. I found that everything in the car is comfortable and easy to use and learn to use. The safety features, like lane watch and fcw and ldw, really make this car safe, especially for those newer drivers to help gauge distances and car control. This generation is ridiculous quiet inside for a Honda (something i would not have expected). Concerning the power, the V6 provides more than adequate amount of power, plus is got better fuel economy and became smoother over time. Regarding the fuel economy, this v6 does a lot better in the city than my 04 CRV. I was surprised at how efficient it really was being a v6. There are, however, some gripes I have about it. 1) The steering feel is a little vague for my taste, I would have liked to have more feel (or at least a lot more weight as the steering was a little light for me). 2) The ride is a little stiff, but still very comfortable (it inspires more confidence for me than the softer Toyota Camry did). 3) Being that this car is near luxury, I would have like to have the seats automatically move back when the car door opens to provide easier access (it is manageable without the feature, but sometimes becomes a nuisance without more space to get in and out...). Overall, I would definitely recommend this car to new buyers as it provides near luxury at an affordable price and is probably one of the top benchmarks of this midsize car category."

Buyer's remorse

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "Good value for the money"

Cons: "Terrible ride quality"

"I traded in a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L for this 2013 Accord Coupe EX-L w/ Nav. Big mistake. The primary reason? The new car's ride is so harsh as to be quite uncomfortable. My 2008 Accord was smooth as silk. Now I feel every little bump, seam or whatever in the road. Not a pleasant experience. I recommend anyone considering a new Accord take it for a prolonged test drive over a variety of surfaces. When I took my car for a test drive, I realized the ride was "firmer" than my 2008 Accord, but I had no idea how much different it was. If it wasn't for the rough ride, plus slightly glitchy software, I would give this car a 10/10 rating. I love the styling and features. It seems considerably quicker than my 2008. I think it's a good value for the money (if you don't mind being bounced around), and I'm getting significantly better gas mileage compared to my 2008 (28-29 MPG combined city/highway, compared to 23-24 MPG for the 2008). I'm just very disappointed that Honda missed so big on something as basic as ride quality."

100% satisfied with this car!!!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Great value and price; computer interface is great"

Cons: "hmmmmmmm, let me think....."

"I like everything about this car. So much thought went into it, I did not appreciate many of the features (such as keyless entry, side door mirrors and the green halo for shifting efficiency) until I had driven for a few hours. The handing and the ride are both very good. I like that it came with 17" wheels as I did not want anything bigger. I think it is sharp looking, too."

2013 Honda Accord LX Best Car I Ever Owned

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Size, Comfort, Handling & Most of All Mileage"

Cons: "Didn't come with Fog Lights."

My New Honda

"I purchased this car in April 2013 after seriously considering purchasing a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. I love the looks of the Sonata but after test driving it I wasn't so impressed. The seats are set very low, the side mirrors are shaped weird and I didn't like the road noise. I went look at the Accord & test drove it and that was it. I loved the ride, feel, size, comfort, response, etc... Most of all I felt confident about purchasing it because of Honda's reputation for quality built cars which hold their value. I'm sold on my Honda Accord!!! My Accord is a little less than 1 year old & I have 12,000 miles on it and I still love it!"

My New Honda

problems with window not going down when below 32

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"loud road noise and windshield wipers streak drivers window will not go down when below 32 degrees"

Premium car at budget price

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Value for money, Fun to drive, features, Style"

Cons: "60/40 seat, trunk shape"

"I took more than one year to buy new car and in between I was going through numerous reviews, Test Rides and friends experiences (Whoever bought any car brand in 1st week they were blown away but after some time you can see them back to reality). SUV or Car: In my purchase process I was first confused to go with Sedan or SUV. My daily Driving is 70 miles RT and compact crossover SUV failed to impress me in front of Midsize sedans so finally decided to go with Car. In SUV I was researching RAV4 or CRV and both had plus minuses but I really like how RAV4 came up with all new changes. I have 2002 Camry and I drove 100k+. In 2012 I was almost sure to buy Camry but as time goes by I took test ride of Nissan Altima 2013, Kia Optima 13, Sonata 13, Toyota Camry 13 and Accord 13. After major changes in Accord I finally decided to consider with Camry. Comparing apple to Apple Accord LX has same feature as Camry SE (e.g. Alloy wheel, Dealer price etc..) 1. Overall Quality, Performance, Instrument Panel and Design: When I compared Camry as long as interior design concerned, Camry is nowhere closer to Accord. Dashboard Design is awesome, Big screen is mind blowing (non touch screen though) but position and layout is very cool. 2. Comfort: I felt Both Cars are same (few analysts say Accord is better). Honda has more cabin space. 3. Features and Style: Style doesn't have any measurement and it goes by individual perception. Accord has lots of bells and whistles, chrome plating looks cool and car style and ride quality is aggressive. New Accord looks is another factor to shift me from Camry. 4. Fuel Economy: Second best in midsize car and fortunately true. 5. Features & Accessories Quality: I am not expert but all new cars' accessories looks good and Accord is not exception. 6. Car Height: My friend had 2012 Accord and I had really hard time to come out but in new accord it's very convenient. 7. Safety and Resale Value: Accord is best in midsize segment if you see stats. 8. CVT: Few people love to complaint about reliability of CVT transmission. CVT makes ride smooth and fuel efficient. As long as reliability is concerned time will decide but looking at current trend Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Audi, Honda, Ford, Benz and many more are shifting towards CVT. Replacement is costly but as years goes by technology becomes complicated and expensive for simple solution. 9. Seat Comfort: I am 6' tall, Lot of people complained about comfort but I don't have issue. Seat fabric and design is way better than Camry. Cons: 1. 60/40: In Accord Rear Seat not 60/40 split, never mind I don't use that frequently. 2. Audio: Car Audio quality is good but not great. 3. Trunk space: Not impressed with layout as older cars has low bed, big opening and better shape to fit 3 check-in bags but new shape is not efficient even though Camry and Accord has biggest cargo space. 4. Reliability in log run: hmm when I went through car complaints, I saw lot of issues reported but ~90% complaints were related to Seat comfort and Audio connection in old Accords, Don't worry and trust your luck. Even my Camry has engine down (May be I got lemon) still Honda and Toyota are very reliable cars at least KBB and JD Power says that. Final words: In current market Honda Accord offers best value for money, it has excellent features and feels like premium level car, it crushed all the competitors. Accord has more Pros than Cons. I will recommend Accord at anytime to my dear ones."

High quality vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliable, high quality vehicle."

Cons: "Somewhat harsh ride."

"My wife and I chose our 2013 Accord primarily because it is a high quality, reliable vehicle with great gas mileage. I routinely achieve 42+ MPG highway, car is rated at 36 MPG. Our only disappointment is the ride is a little harsh, not the same as our nearly 15 year-old Buick Century."

Accord 2013 - Best Accord since 2003

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun ride, stylish, powerful"

"I own 2013 Accord EX-L V6 and its got as much power as a Camaro except its much more reliable than Camaro. I am happy with my purchase and will recommend it to anyone."

Not so happy

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Back up camera, exterior styling"

Cons: "Engine, transmission, quality, gas mileage"

"At first, I really enjoyed the car, but I soon realized the mistake that I made. The suspension is an absolute nightmare. You feel every single crack in the road, and the 18 inch wheels do not help the issue. There is also an excessive amount of road noise, as well as engine noise. The transmission I feel is another problem. You really have to put your foot down to get any response from the car, and at low speeds the transmission shudders and jerks. Also, when braking, it can be felt around 5-10 mph that the transmission attempts to slow down the car. A CVT shouldn't have this issue as it is designed to be smoother than a conventional automatic. The build quality is also lacking, both interior and exterior. There are cheap plastics everywhere to be seen, and the upholstery shows every spec of dirt possible. As for the exterior, the spacing between the doors is immense, I'm surprised there's no water in the car after it rains. Being that this is the Sport model, it has dual exhaust. The exhaust pipe on the left side hangs lower than the right and is aesthetically displeasing. There is also an issue with gas mileage. Honda is known for making fuel efficient cars but this car is too big for its engine. Unless you drive like a grandma, you are not getting anywhere near the EPA estimates. Basically it's a hunk of junk, and I should have never bought this car. Too bad it's a lease, or it would be long gone by now. Honda should be ashamed to put their name on this."

Oil pump failure, car towed

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy, nice design in and out"

Cons: "Reliability, uncomfortable seat, AC operation"

"I have a 2013 Accord LX with automatic CVT and 15,200 miles, bought new. The other night leaving work, I started the car and it made a horrendous grinding, screeching sound. I did not drive it. Every light on the dash (check engine, oil light, etc.) was on. I needed a tow from work late at night. The Honda dealer said they've never seen this before. They replaced the oil pump, timing chain, sprocket, etc. It was there for one week. All items covered under warranty. I've never heard of such a serious repair issue on car with so little mileage. Needless to say, I am very disappointed with my decision to buy a Honda. This was a MAJOR inconvenience. Prior to this incident, everything was fine. Good ride and mileage between 34-37 mpg. My other complaint is the uncomfortable seat, as I drive long distances, and the AC goes on when the defrost is selected."