2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,768 - $37,489.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 219 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 | Next

Excellent vehicle

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"This is a sporty car with precise handling and braking. Great on gas, too!"

So far cautiosly satisfied.

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy."

Cons: "Stiff ride."

"Had excessive oil consumption problem first 6000 miles. Seems to be OK now. X fingers. Ride is very stiff but I'm slowly getting used to it. Like fuel mileage."

I've had 6 Honda's. This is the 5th accord coupe.

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

"I love Honda's. In my opinion, when someone buys a car they also purchase the company that manufactures the product. The new upgrades to the Accord are long overdo. My two major concerns about the automobile are the inability to see out of it and the quality of the interior. This is by far the worst I've driven for blind spots. Even with the camera, I'm constantly checking and rechecking before I change lanes. The interior of the cabin is easy to view and the sound system is awesome. However, the materials don't seem to clean up very well. I hate the dust etc that catches in the holes in the seat. I don't know if Honda is aware or not but there are many manufacturers that put bells and whistles in the modern auto. I am sad to say that Honda is the the middle of the pack. Why do I keep buying them? The re-sale rocks."

Excellent car

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Attractive appearance, excellent MPG"

"I bought this brand new car with all cash. I love this car. Excellent MPG and a great appearance (mine is white). Only reason I am selling is that I need AWD. Please do not contact me for unsolicited service or offers. Thank you!"

excellent sedan

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

"I have just over 1000 miles on my EX-L V6 Accord, and I couldn't be happier with it. The engine has really good power and mpg too. I can't wait to take it on a longer trip than my normal to and from work."

Great Car that Holds Excellent Value

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Great options for price, good styling, great room"

Cons: "Under powered, No Sunroof for Sport"

"It's rated as the highest resale sedan in the US market for decades and that's because the Accord continues to be one of the most reliable and comfortable sedans you can purchase for your money. I've had my Sport sedan for a little over a year now and love it. The only thing I would change is adding some additional horsepower for the size and weight of the car."

Great car

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, love all the cameras and warnings."

Cons: "None that I've found so far"

"I will be sorry when the lease ends, but I may buy it then. Haven't finished testing it in econo mode but have gotten over 36 mpg at 70 mph. But one has great acceleration if one wants it. Best of all worlds."

This car is everything you think it is.

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

"Absolutely unbelievable! The car has every bell and whistle imaginable and the technology will simply blow you away. It rides as sweet as it looks and has enough power to get you out of (or into) any situation you can dream up!"

Great all around car

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Quality"

Cons: "Vents"

"I initially wanted a 2011 model, but my wife got me a 2013 instead and I love it! I have a base model and it comes with back up camera and bluetooth! Great car, awesome looking, gets around 33mpg hwy/city with 75% highway. I've hit 40 mpg on many occasion, highway only; I guess I'm pretty light footed. Car is relatively strong at 180 horse and torque; if you need power, turn off ECO and shift to S and you won't be disappointed. People complain about the CVT but it's barely noticeable. I actually think it adds a bit of premium quality to the drive as it doesn't shift gears like the standard transmission. If you pay close enough attention, there is a slight lag or vibration when accelerating from a stop; still doesn't bother me. The only improvement I can think of are the air vents; they're extremely weak. I have to turn it up to 75-80% to feel anything. The traction control is very sensitive and I sometimes turn it off to get more of a mechanical feel to the drive. Hint: instead of complaining, problem solve. Honda certainly built this car for customer satisfaction. I do my own oil change and I was extremely excited to see how easy it is. Honda has engineered the oil pan and the oil filter to be next to each other and made this the easiest possible oil change I have ever done. Overall, this is a great car, and I would buy my wife one too but she wants an SUV. Critics and expert reviews rate this as the number one Sedan for 2013 all across the board and I agree 100%. If you have the extra money, the premium versions have very nice features, but even the base model will suffice."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"I am very happy with car and haven't noticed any problems with noise or handling. I just replaced my 2000 Accord, which I bought new and drove 160,000 miles without issue. After ten years was going to replace, but ended up buying 2011 Pilot to replace a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. I started looking at new luxury cars to replace my Accord, but just couldn't find anything that was sufficiently better to justify spending way more money. After looking at everything else went back and test drove Honda Accord 4 cyl. and V-6 models. Considered a 4 cyl., because it had same HP as my older V-6. Chose V-6, because it was noticeably quieter and smoother when driving. The car looks much more expensive than it is, and has so much more tech. and amenities than older Hondas. Can't think of anything that I would want to add, except maybe a better quality audio system. I have the high end system (for Honda), but it sounds rather average. Since owning, am pleasently surprised at increased fuel efficiency over older Accord. Don't really feel the power in daily commute, but when I step on the gas, it is a real thrill. In my opinion, simply the best family sedan there is. I buy Honda because in my experience, the quality and reliability are unmatched. Keep up the maintenance and you can drive your Honda as long as you desire. And when it's time to sell, the hardest part is chosing who to sell it to amongst all your friends and family eager to take it off your hands."

the best car since i ever had

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "one of the safest car on the road"

Cons: "a ittle bit smaller on the trunk compartment"

"one of the best accord i ever had.. and i loved the lane watch, lane departure warning and etc."

Come on it's a Honda!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Great mpg, Affordable, Looks Slick, Just GREAT"

Cons: "I don't have any!"

"My wife and I recently bought our second ACCORD. We LOVE it. In town with a lot of stop and go we get between 15 and 25mpg. On the Highway the EPA estimated 36mpg is conservative. On one trip 80 miles @ 55 mph= 42.0 mpg. On the way back @ 65 mph= 39.7 mpg. We weren't in a hurry and loved the drive. Most people will go faster, but they don't really need to. Come on it's a HONDA!"

Dependable Car

By on Monday, June 22, 2015

"Honda's have always been dependable cars. Cons of this vehicle as well as all Hondas has been there interior noise and especially with this vehicle is the paint. Definitely has been getting cheaper than prior years'. Not sure I would ever buy another Honda. Competition has caught up to them and some manufacturers have exceeded."

love this car

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, reliable, fun drive, safety"

"Love this car, and the service we've received from the Honda dealership where we bought it."

Great So Far

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "transmission, engine, value, seat material"

Cons: "Honda app"

"I had my Accord for about 5 months now and no complaints whatsoever. The engine is like butter, you do not feel the jerking motion of switching gears. It is amazing what the car delivers for the $$$."

Best Coupe in the Segment

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "sporty, best interior and exterior, fun drive"

Cons: "road noise, needs little engine break-in to rev up"

"There is absolutely no better coupe available in the market today. I've driven both Mustang & Camaro, and they seem terrible in front of the Accord, from almost every aspect. Accord coupe - as many feel - is unlike an Accord sedan, though the sedan itself is a gem in the vast automobile market. Accord coupe (especially the V6, though this applies to all the trims) is sporty, reliable, fun, comfortable, economic, great on gasoline, exclusive available technology- both mechanical and electronics, smart, and sexy. I feel that Accord coupe is best in its class, which is coupes under $35,000. Accord coupe can any day compete and win against the likes of Camaro, Mustang, Genesis, Miata, Challenger, and even BMW 3-series & Lexus."

Nice car, too big for me.

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "quiet, better than average gas milage"

Cons: "not fun, limited storage, creepy low to the ground"

"I had a 2001 CRV for 10 years and I have to admit, I miss it like the air I breath. It got terrible gas milage, but it was a fun, wonderful SVU. I own the top of the line Accord and it's the least fun car I've had. I wouldn't buy this car again if I had the choice. Too low to the ground, can't see over the hood, and seats don't fold down to give more storage space from the trunk. What's up with that? I believe this car is made for much older people. Nobody under 60 should own this car. It's just not fun."

Love Honda Still Makes A 6spd/man 6cyl Accord EX-L

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Quality is amazing, style is sleek, Honda reliable"

Cons: "Need cooler wheels for the couple, bigger interior"

"The fact that Honda still makes a 6spd Manual transmission with their deluxe 6 cyl model is awesome. I love a manual transmission and Toyota, Kia, Ford, Chevy, and so on do not make their luxury version with a manual. Unless I want to upgrade to Acura or Audi or BMW (out of my price range), I can't get the luxury with the manual. This car is amazing from the handling to the power. I love the size and comfort of the interior (although it could be a little bigger inside) and it's great for my family."

Oil pump failure, car towed

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy, nice design in and out"

Cons: "Reliability, uncomfortable seat, AC operation"

"I have a 2013 Accord LX with automatic CVT and 15,200 miles, bought new. The other night leaving work, I started the car and it made a horrendous grinding, screeching sound. I did not drive it. Every light on the dash (check engine, oil light, etc.) was on. I needed a tow from work late at night. The Honda dealer said they've never seen this before. They replaced the oil pump, timing chain, sprocket, etc. It was there for one week. All items covered under warranty. I've never heard of such a serious repair issue on car with so little mileage. Needless to say, I am very disappointed with my decision to buy a Honda. This was a MAJOR inconvenience. Prior to this incident, everything was fine. Good ride and mileage between 34-37 mpg. My other complaint is the uncomfortable seat, as I drive long distances, and the AC goes on when the defrost is selected."

caution

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "lane watch"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"had the car for 3 months and its not getting the mpg it said on sticker 27 mpg never got it 37 mpg never get it lets interior materials are pretty cheap for the ex seats are uncomfortable stereo is lack luster only thing good is the lanewatch cause that helps out alot and the back up camera"

Great vehicle with exceptions

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Reason: Not the right fit

Pros: "Push Start,Keyless entry,Valet key"

Cons: "Paint scratches easily,Seat Height,Audio Beeps"

"Rating 8/10 for quality as the black paint scratches VERY easily. Rating 7/10 for comfort/convenience as I found the drivers seat does not elevate high enough. I'm 5'5" and need the seat higher than an average driver. However, the power seat was still not enough for my taste. I hit the upper limit. Check this out before you buy. One major annoyance is the audio system. It BEEPS every time you change the station and their is no option to turn off this beep. Why? I test drove a Hyundai Sonata and it had the same problem. How many other vehicles make annoying beeps like this? The vehicle drivers fantastic. I did not notice any issues with vibration as another reviewer stated. The CVT takes some getting used to, however, I am 100% okay with it. It feels like a manual transmission but automatically shifts for you. I love the valet key option and that you can lock the trunk from inside and separate the valet key from your remote. I really like the mileage indicators in the display that fades from green to white if mileage is bad (hard acceleration). Push start button is very fun. Touch the door handle to open the doors. Keyless everything! The navigation system is very cool. It gives you an isometric map view. The rear view camera is great and so is the right mirror lane-change camera. Overall, there is a ton of thought that went into this vehicle. It's a fantastic vehicle. Honda sales and service is top-notch. However, I recommend you check the seat height and radio system before you buy."

No garage door opener on an EX,

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Drives and looks good"

Cons: "no GARAGE DOOR OPENER, or AUTO DIMMING MIRROR."

"I bought this for my daughter as she insisted on this car. Car drives great but the mileage is around 30mpg on daily commute. Car looks great but the seats are not the best. There is no GARAGE DOOR OPENER on an EX. It does not have AUTO DIMMING MIRROR. I don't care how good the car is, these are basic necessities in 21st century. EX which is one up from Sport model and only has one exhaust tail pipe compared to the sport. I think this brand will go down if Honda keep this up (just like Acura)."

GREAT car for the money

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"By far the best Honda yet and we have owned at least 7 over the past years. Lot of extras for the money !!!! LOVE IT !!!!!!"

Great car, for the money .

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Seats can be more comfortable."

"Because this was my first 2015 Honda accord I really wasn't expecting much maybe a sportier Toyota Camry. This car has surpassed my expectations and some. I mean its great for everyday driving, commuting its comfortable simple to use technology and it demands respect. Its quick for being a 4 cyl and even has enough power to race, I didn't say that ok. lol So if your in doubt about your next vehicle try Honda."

Awesome gas mileage and comfortable car!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, awesome gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "Needs more storage space by the drivers side"

"I love my car and I'm so impressed by the differences that they have made in just two year. This is my 7th Honda. I'm sold on their vehicles, they are just well designed, comfortable, and definitely reliable. The gas mileage difference was huge. I'm averaging about 32 mpg vs. 25 with my previous 2012 Accord. The car is very comfortable and well laid out. This car is got a ton of technology, which sometimes has hiccups but, for most part works as it is supposed to. The push button ignition is my favorite. I have yet to try the manual shifting but, plan to test it out on an open road where I don't have to worry about getting a ticket. I'm definitely sold on the leather. It seems to keep the car cleaner. The cameras took a bit of getting used to but, know I use them regularly and totally see the benefit. Storage space is ok. The car is fun to drive! I'd would definitely recommend it to others. Definitely worth a test drive if you are in the market. I'm sure that it will handle as it is supposed in during our extreme winters in MN."

Previous | 1 ... 7 8 9 | Next