2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,768 - $37,489.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 219 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great car for Great price

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "great price great power with CVT good features"

Cons: "no sunroof or backup sensors"

My accord with a water scenic background

"I traded my 2006 Honda Civic for the 2013 Honda Accord Sport in July 2013. Great car with lots of space. Everything is conveniently located. I only wish that it had a sunroof and came with the backup sensors. I've since added the backup sensors and the homelink. Good on gas and a comfortable ride."

My accord with a water scenic background

Love love love this car!

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

"This is my first Honda and I absolutely love it! Just wish it had a camera on drivers side like on the passenger side for turning, now that would be really nice!"

Great, near luxury, road car, Overall 30.6 MPG

By on Monday, May 25, 2015

Pros: "Flawless luxury + Honda warranty 1/2016, 11K miles"

Cons: "Is not a Lexus, but drives like one."

"Standard equipment includes backup and right blindspot cameras, remote, proximity keyless entry, cylinder deactivation, flawless interior and exterior, V6 power to spare, high end power exceptional, heated power front seats, leather, bluetooth, USB port, MP3, two DC power ports, lane departure warn. Car is flawless, with mats on mats, huge trunk, Homelink garage door openers, sunroof, remote windows down feature. Actual overall MPG on unused A-trip odometer = 30.6 for 25K miles. Regular gas. Maintenance records. No dents or accidents. Features found only on much more costly luxury cars. Phone connect and sound excellent."

For the price, it is pretty solid sedan.

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Cons: "Very uncomfortable seats. Not that good on turns."

"I got Honda Accord 2013 brand new. I love the car. It is very economical. I actually got 41.6 mpg month ago going to NY. I have only one bad thing to say about this car. Seats are terrible. They are not comfortable at all. For longer ride than 4 hours your back will hurt. Excellent commuter vehicle."

Do NOT buy the Navi option

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

"Honda confirmed today that is not and will not be possible to turn off the 'beep' that occurs every time you click. Huh? This is a software change (deficiency). You've got to be kidding me. Using the system is akin to conditioned response from electric shock. You learn to avoid it."

LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun! Styling! Great value!"

Cons: "No memory for power seats"

"I had originally went in to purchase a 2012 accord when I saw the 2013's, I fell in love. I leased a LX but later was upset when I saw the sport. So after a year was up on my lease, I went in and leased a 2014 sport. I love it! I will be buying this car! It has great styling, I love the paddle shifters, and it's roomy and comfortable. My only grip is that the power seat does not have memory, which makes for a bit of a challenge when my husband drives. Since I have been driving my car, my mother, my friend, and my cousin have all purchased and love their 2014 accords. My sister just purchased a 2015 Pilot and she's in love as well! I will always love and come back to Honda!"

This is a great value for the price

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage and design. The CVT trans is awesome"

Cons: "No change drawer, should have gotten leather int."

"This car is very comfortable, economical gas wise, and a nice looking car as well. For $19,600, this was a real deal. The Civic was almost as expensive"

Worst car i have ever ownned

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

"It has been to the shop 2 times, my transmission is hesitating, the first time I took my car the service advisor told me that he had to follow a process and that my transmission problem will get worse but they couldn't find the problem. Took it in a second time, they kept my car from Friday until Tuesday, got me a rental car, but told me that they couldn't find the transmission problem or why I only got 24 MPG on one tankful when most miles were on the highway. Honda quality is no more, I have purchased 4 Hondas from the same dealership the past 9 years, this Honda will be my last one, I have owned many new cars in my lifetime and this one has to be the worst new car I have ever owned"

The Best Designed Accord Sedan To Date

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Great Restyle, Strong Resale & Reliability"

Cons: "Sport Trim lacks factory moonroof option"

Best Color Combination in My opinion

"All new for 2013, the Accord has 2-new trim levels. The renamed LX-S is now Sport, and the top of the line trim is called Touring which follow's what was done with the Odyssey van trim levels. We went with the Sport Trim this time as we trade Accords every 5-yrs as Honda uses a 5-yr cycle of body styles for this model, so each year ending in a 3 or 8 is a new body style year for the Accord. In the past we have had EX & EX-L trim as we enjoy the benefits of sensing added cabin room via the power moonroof. We are both shorter than 5'6", so head room has never been an issue for us re: the moonroof. The Sport Trim does NOT come with a moonroof, so we had one added as we really liked the design and aggressive stance the Sport projects. Standard rear spoiler, dual chrome tipped exhaust, and sharp 18" alloys look very sharp on the car. This is our 5th Accord Sedan, and each seems to be a step up from its predecessor, although we have had favorite models(generations) of the Accord Sedan. The 1st Accord sedan for me was a 1984 model that I purchased used in 1986 as a new Accord trade in. I drove it for 3-yrs and then bought a 1988 left over in the Spring of 1989 as I started my career. The 1993-1998 Model was my least liked Accord Generation. Honda does reinforce the idea that technology & automobiles improve with time, and the 2013 Generation proves this well. The new 'Earth Engine's' promotes stellar performance & fuel economy that use to only be found in the civic. Take a test drive and see for yourself, the 2013 model restyle was well done and reflect the true benefits of owning a Honda Accord Sedan !"

Best Color Combination in My opinion

Nice car.

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Great fuel economy and smart entry is great."

Cons: "No satellite radio standard"

"Great fuel economy"

2nd Honda Accord

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable"

"Great car!"

Great fuel economy

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy"

Cons: "Road noise"

"Great price for a midsize car."

Very well designed family sedan.

By on Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Pros: "Reliability, resale value, fuel economy, safety."

Cons: "Text to voice doesn't work with iPhone"

"I have owned a wide range of vehicles, and I must say that I wish I had purchased an Accord much sooner. Coming from a BMW M3 and a VW Touareg, I am absolutely amazed at how much value the Honda offers. Build quality, fit and finish, and the lay out of controls are wonderful. My daughter and I recently took it on a 1500 mile trip, and it was very pleasant on the highway. The cvt transmission performed flawlessly, and returned an average of 34-ish mpg at 80 mph. Plenty of room to stretch out, and the interior was reasonably quiet at highway speeds. I'm not sure how a person could possibly go wrong choosing an Accord. Great car."

first honda always bought chevy love this car

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "lots of room great to drive"

"better than any chevy i have ever owned"

Poor gas mileage around town. Fun to drive.

By on Saturday, July 18, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive and fun to look at!!!"

Cons: "Mileage, limited space, electronic system"

"I am disappointed with gas mileage around town. Initially my mileage around town was 15-19 mpg. I expected it to be at least 27 mpg. Manual advises 23 mpg around town is normal. At approx 9,000 miles my cars gas mileage REALLY improved. Now I'm seeing around 25 mpg around town... And freeway driving is very good mileage for a car this size and weight, approx 28-33 mpg. This car is a JOY to drive. Initially, I DID have multiple dashboard software issues with the cars radio and controls, It was a known problem in this car model, and dealership told me they deleted and downloaded new/compatible software. Issue resolved. Otherwise, so far, this car has had no maintenance issues and I'm praying it will be as reliable as my previous 1996 Honda Civic, which I purchased new and owned for 19 years! p.s. Be aware this is a 2 door coupe, which only appeals to certain individuals. I do not have family so it's a perfect size for me."

Worst Honda I have every owned

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Tech system"

"I have had this car into dealer for the same problem numerous times with no resolution.the problem is that the display screen goes blank but will come is I restart the car.i have taken videos of this and showed to dealer and they say if isn't doing it when they have it they can't do anything they did do a software update but didn't help. This to me is they don't have a clue also it rides like a lumber wagon and the seats are very uncomfortable"

Don't Buy if you Want a soft ride

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Reason: Stiff Suspension

Pros: "Looks, MPG, Interior, Engine, Transmission"

Cons: "Stiffest suspension in history"

"The previous post was spot on. This car is beautiful, the interior is fabulous, MPG is super, and the car is quiet. However, this is the worst riding, stiffest car I've ever been in. Honda needs to go back to the drawing board, and fast, to fix this horrific suspension."

excellent vehicle; best Accord yet !!!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "8 to 9 + on all features"

Cons: "front passenger foot room could be improved"

"A great car. Have driven almost 50 K in 18 months without a blip. Gas mileage 35 mpg. Only criticism is, front seat passenger leg room to stretch out is marginal and passenger seat is only 4 way adjustable; no up and down. Just bought a 2015 and situation unchanged. Highly recommend this vehicle."

Never buy a Honda again

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Just a good looking car"

"after 4000 miles front suspension started making noises, I took it to the dealership they fixed it after 2 days, I drove it for 15 miles then started making noises again and steering wheel made noises too, I took it back to dealer for the second time and they gave it back to me after a week, I drove it for 200 miles and started making noises from steering wheel again, I took back to dealer for 4 and 5th time they fixed it but after few miles started to make noises again finally I called the customer service to help me find out whats going on with my car, one of the Honda managers drove my car and the same brand new one and said they both make the same noise !!!!!! but I haven't heard this noise from another cars like mine. they couldn't fix it for 7 times and I'm going to sell this car and never buy a Honda again, because of no responsibility and no good service."

Met all maintenance recommendations; Car is loved!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Excellent service, nice to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Have no cons"

"Vehicle has been well maintained and met all manufacturers recommendations for maintenance. Drive like a charm. Have never had any problems with the car!"

Great vehicle

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, build quality"

Cons: "Ride can be a little rough."

"Got this car a couple days ago, I have to admit I love this car. I got this car as a second car to my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8. I'm my opinion the only thing this car needs improvement in is the ride because it can get a little bumpy, but I am told that is to be expected in a coupe. Any ways it's a great car don't hesitate to purchase."

Very nice Honda

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

"I have an EX-L nav v6 and Im very happy. It looks amazing and it drives great. It needs about 5000 miles to break in and then it becomes so much more comfortable. The interior is very nice heated leather seats, touch screen,side and backup camera LDW etc. But i don't like are that the doors and sides are not all covered in leather, just parts and the backup camera doesn't not beep when you are getting too close.The sensor in the front window that gives a red light to alarm you when you are getting too close its a bit annoying if they wouldn't make it to actually reduce the speed but still its a great ride."

High quality vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliable, high quality vehicle."

Cons: "Somewhat harsh ride."

"My wife and I chose our 2013 Accord primarily because it is a high quality, reliable vehicle with great gas mileage. I routinely achieve 42+ MPG highway, car is rated at 36 MPG. Our only disappointment is the ride is a little harsh, not the same as our nearly 15 year-old Buick Century."

Awesome car

By on Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, excellent performance and ride."

Cons: "A little boomy at 1700 to 1900 rpms."

"Adding 265/40x18 tires made a huge difference in braking and handling. Ride did not suffer. Fuel economy is very good, better than epa estimates."

awesome car!!!!

By on Monday, April 20, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, 4 cylinder power, gas mileage"

Cons: "none!"

"my 4th honda and i LOVE IT!!! coming from a 2012 civic. this car is so much more powerful and spacious and still get great mileage about 36 mpg."