• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,772 - $37,509.

10/8.2

8.1

Based on 196 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great car

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, love all the cameras and warnings."

Cons: "None that I've found so far"

"I will be sorry when the lease ends, but I may buy it then. Haven't finished testing it in econo mode but have gotten over 36 mpg at 70 mph. But one has great acceleration if one wants it. Best of all worlds."

Great car for the money

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Why nitpick the small stuff"

"You cannot beat this car for the price. Finally the exterior styling is decent again. The interior design rivals cars costing twice as much. Layout is superb. Height challenged people complain about the seats and the head rests. I am over six foot tall and the seats fit like a glove. Interior room is huge, especially the back seat area. It took me the first 5,000 miles to get use to the four cylinder with CVT. I have yet to get less than 30 MPG with this car. It has plenty of power for everyday driving. Trust me, you will not be holding anyone up. The fancy wheels are a real pain to wash. I looked at several cars in the same class. They are all good, within five percent of each other in all aspects. Why did I buy the Honda? I have had them in the past,they work and hold their value over time."

one of the best i ever had

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "its kinda expensive buts its worth to have it"

Cons: "the middle console is to small"

"i like the body style and the most important of all is the new safety features coz i had the 2014 touring model..."

really nice car

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

"Very comfortable and plenty of power"

great car

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

I want this car

"Looks very nice"

Excellent Choice! 2013 Honda Accord EXL V6

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, luxurious, awesome!"

Cons: "cheap controls"

"This is my first new car purchase. I most admit that I am a Honda fan so this might be a bit biased. The new design of the 2013 Honda Accord is remarkable. I have owned the previous 3 generations of the Accord and I must say that the newly designed Accord looks the best. The conservative style is truly elegant and the LED running lights look great! I heavily researched this Accord because I plan on keeping it for the long haul. The interior has been architected for comfort. I know some people have their seating issues, but I believe that this Accord is more comfortable than the previous generation (we had a 2010 EXL V6). Furthermore, the road noise on the previous generation was absolutely horrible. However, my only complaint with this vehicle are the control dials for volume and media control. Other than that, this Accord is perfect! Not to mention they come with Michelin Primacys -- excellent tires!"

REAL UNCOMFORTABLE DRIVER SEAT

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "Mpg great"

Cons: "road noise , seat comfort , no homelink"

"The driver seat is very uncomfortable. Once you are in the seat there is no wiggle room and your back get hot. I am 5'9" 160 pounds. I also found the shape of seat make your back bend forward and long distance driving a real PAIN. My Honda dealer changed the seat back which made it more comfortable but I still get HOT spots on my back from rubbing on the leather seat."

Best mid-size Sporty sedan.

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Mentioned in 'Complete review.'"

Cons: "Trying hard to find even one."

"This is certainly the BEST mid-size sedan. I've had Sport CVT for about a month now and have driven it for around 3000 miles; I've got to say that no other car in this segment can beat Accord. If you compare this with Camry, Passat, Malibu, or even higher segment sedans (Acura, Lexus, etc.,) you will still find Accord to be a better buy than most others. I cannot really find any negatives about this vehicle. Some of the positives about Accord are: Great Mileage. Very Sporty. Best Interior Design. Good Exterior Design. Lots of Standard Features - even more than higher segments. Very Reliable. Comfortable for Long Drives. Very Safe w/ lots of Standard Safety Features - including side Airbags. Fun to Drive and Sit. Acts both as a Performance/Fun Car and a Regular Commute. Please note that Hondas usually take about 5000-7000 miles to "break-in" and deliver exceptional performance. Hence, if you don't see the level of promised performance from your brand-new Honda, just wait until you hit these many miles and you'll see a drastic difference. For the first 2000 miles or so, please be gentle with your new car (no revving up the engine, etc.)"

Very Bumpy

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Nice engine and transmission."

Cons: "Uncomfortable, bumpy ride"

"I've had this car for 3 years, and I found the ride very uncomfortable. Every little dip in the road transfers right into the cabin. At first, I thought it was a defect, but when I took it in, the dealership said that all the 2013 and 2014 models are like this because Honda changed the suspension system in 2013. I'm surprised that I don't see more of this issue in the reviews. If you want a comfortable, smooth ride, do not buy a Honda Accord 2013 or 2014."

sleek safe techy sedan w/ v6 pep fun to drive

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "understated comfort and luxury appointments, fast"

2014 Honda Accord EXL V6

"v6 has plenty of pep to slip into highway from entrance ramp or pass. variable cylinder technology allows highway mpg in 27-29 range. Leather seats with warmers very stylish and comfortable even on long trip. Console design easy to read and intuitive. Simple synch with smartphone. Very safe with surrounding airbags, high visibility with low belt line, and rear view and right side blind spot cameras."

2014 Honda Accord EXL V6

Very disappointing

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

"I thought i was buying a reliable Honda which would last me many years. Instead I bought a lemon! This being a new design model has likely added to the fact that there are many bugs Honda has yet to work out... At only 7000 miles did i start experiencing electrical issues. The check engine, tire pressure, vehicle assist, and power steering all illuminated unexpectedly and the vehicle immediately lost power and would not accelerate past 40 mph. I brought the car to the dealer the next day in which they reset the "vehicle codes". The car drove fine for about 300 miles until the issue happened again. To make a long story short, this issue occurred 3 times in which the dealer replaced the throttle body and the ECU. The car drove for about 600 miles after replacing the ECU until it happened for a 4th time. At this point I was fed up with constantly driving to the dealer and for them to tell me the issue was fixed each time when it clearly wasn't. It seemed no one could pinpoint the problem and for a new car to experience this is unacceptable. I ultimately complained enough to Honda and expressed that I thought this car was a lemon, they finally decided to give me my money back rather than wait for me to legally act upon it which i had every right to do. Aside from all this the car drove and handled well, all the features were pretty nice including the rear view camera and all the audio options available. I would just be extremely careful from now on before purchasing a brand new design model, I was probably better off buying a 2012 or waiting a few years for a '15. With all the gadgets and sensors the new cars have today, you'll likely run into these electrical issues with any new design, its probably best going with a proven model thats been around a few years."

Out of 5 New Honda(s) worst one I ever owned

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "electrical problems, jerky transmission, bad seat"

"This car has had nothing but electrical problems since day one and Honda is unable to fix it. Spent all most as much time in the dealers garage as it has mine. Honda Motor Co. in California refuses to honor the Alabama Lemon Law so I'm stuck with it. Trying to get rid of it so if you like this 2013 Honda so much make me an offer."

I Love This Car

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Lane Watch Camera, Trunk space"

Cons: "Back seat leg room"

"This is my first new car, I'm 31 and I've only been driving a little over a year. I've only had this car for a month and I've been on vacation so I don't have many miles on it. I purchased this at a great price. Prior I drove a 96 Galant. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I call it my night rider lol. Love the trunk space, sync to iPhone, lane camera and backup camera. I'm concerned about the back seat leg space but I have had anyone back there yet. As far as the front seat I have plenty of leg room and I'm 5'10. I have no complaints. I'm just waiting to see how it holds up to the winters we get in Upstate New York"

wouldnt trade it for nothing

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "very fun 2drive, full of power & all the tech toys"

Cons: "wish it had the cameras on drivers mirrors."

"put the 19in hfp diamond cut wheels and you make cars at stoplights bow down to you!!! More bells & whistles for the price than anthing in its price point!!! Back up cameras, bling spot cameras, customize large lcd displays, side cameras, 0-60 in less than 6.8 secs, REG unleaded, two toned/two toned stitched leather, and the list goes on!!!"

i Love My New Honda Accord (:

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "New MID Screen with all new Saftey features"

"I Just Recenlty Bought my New Honda Accord 2013 at Holman Honda from Christopher Rodriguez had such a Fun and easy going time buying my car , I love everything about the new Honda Accord very differnt form the older models has the New MID Screen which was intorduced in 2012 with the Honda Civic and in 2013 the Sports model is the Best chocie with Value and so much to offer , great Quality and even better Reliabilty."

Fast and great MPG... who knew it was possible!

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "Power when you want it , MPG when you need it"

Cons: "It is really easy to speed in this car =)"

"I was looking for the fastest car I could find, that got the best gas mileage, and could be driven in winter. I found a jewel... the Honda Accord EX-L V-6. This car is comfortable on long rides and gets impressive gas mileage for a 280HP car! Using the econ button I can cruise on the highway and easily get the 34MPG it claims it can get. When you turn off the econ and the traction control you can unlease the beast! The accord comes to life with a growl and it makes you want more. In the corners thier is slight body roll and you can get on the power fast to power through. This car is a prime example of a wolf in sheeps clothing. Just you are in control when that WOLF decideds to growl! Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money for the EX-L V-6, you will thank yourself later."

The best bang for the buck

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Style, technology, options, V6 Power, gas mileage"

Cons: "Ride is choppy"

"I've owned my Black Pearl V6 EX -L w/ navi for approximately 4 months now and I've put almost 4k miles on it. The pros about this car are many. My favorite aspect about this car is the available power. It is quick, especially when passing or in a straight line! However, it isn't a sport car. At speed around a corner, you can tell there is a family sedan suspension on the chassis, not a formula 1's. The technology package and options that come with the EX-L give you a great value for the dollar. The seats are comfortable and Honda has done a good job reducing the road noise that was characteristic of many previous models - like my '05 Accord Coupe. A lot of professional reviews complain about the navi system, the three tier layout etc. Don't believe the negative hype. The car has many features that can be customized to suit your particular needs. Gas mileage is excellent. On a 1k mile round trip i averaged 35.5 mpg at 78 mph. That is with the eco button on the entire way. The only complaint I have is the ride quality in city driving. On the highway it is an excellent road car. In city driving the ride can be annoyingly choppy - at least here in Arkansas. Despite that minor irritation, the car is excellent. I highly recommend the E-XL V6 over the Touring. The only difference is adaptive cruse control and about $4,000. It isn't worth it. I test drove 2 Touring trims but, obviously settled with the EX-L."

Better than the 2009 EX model I drove as a lease.

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Good value & fuel economy."

Cons: "Build quality, feature deletions."

"Honda going cheap on some features (like another Japanese brand) - deleting some adding some. No more sliding center armrest, no split folding rear seat ( I prefer a split folding feature for my needs). Rear brakes still make clunking noises (dealer suggests aftermarket brake pads). Navigation needs updating-is outdated on features/functions. That's why no navi model for me. Overall still a good value."

No garage door opener on an EX,

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Drives and looks good"

Cons: "no GARAGE DOOR OPENER, or AUTO DIMMING MIRROR."

"I bought this for my daughter as she insisted on this car. Car drives great but the mileage is around 30mpg on daily commute. Car looks great but the seats are not the best. There is no GARAGE DOOR OPENER on an EX. It does not have AUTO DIMMING MIRROR. I don't care how good the car is, these are basic necessities in 21st century. EX which is one up from Sport model and only has one exhaust tail pipe compared to the sport. I think this brand will go down if Honda keep this up (just like Acura)."

My worst choice for a car ever

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Looks"

Cons: "Everything else"

"I ended up leasing the V-6 EX-L thinking Honda would at least come close to the mileage they claim of 21 city 32 highway. What I've been getting is 12.8 on average. 12.8!!! This is with the economy feature on! I love the look of the car but after that, because of the mileage and comfort of the car, I'm really disappointed. This will be the first and last Honda I'll ever drive. The dealer says its because I drive in extreme driving conditions. Well, I live in Los Angeles and there's traffic. Apparently Hondas gas mileage estimates are on a country road, with no stop signs or traffic lights, going down hill with a strong wind at your back. Can't wait until my lease is up to get rid of it. Oh, and at 3035 miles it has a rattle."

Another GRANDSLAM for HONDA!

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "Too Many to List!"

"I can’t say enough great things about this car! If I tell you everything it would take up this whole web page. This is the 4th Accord we bought since 1998. The 1998 Accord we bought new and kept it for 10 years and traded it in with 140,000 miles for a 2008 model. In 2003 I traded in my 1999 Ford Exploder (yes I said Exploder not Explorer), for a 2003 Accord EX-V6. One thing we noticed from the 1998 Accord compared to the 2008 Accord, Honda kept the quality in the engine, but it the interior seemed cheap and littler noisier in the cabin when driving down the compared to the 1998 and the 2003. I sold my 2003 Accord (yes somebody wanted my 10 year old car) out right in June of this year and purchased the 2013 Accord EX-V6. The 2013 Accord EX-V6 sedan is AWESOME! Honda went back to its roots, meaning the interior is top notch, ride is quite and comfortable. The 278 horsepower under the hood is truly impressive! I wasn’t sure if I was going to like the variable cylinder management, but honestly you don’t notice the difference when driving down the highway with the cruise control and all of the sudden you need to “step on it” to pass a truck or someone driving under the speed limit. City driving I get 25 MPG and highway I get 35 MPG. Having the Honda Free Link system is great when making a phone call. I have had no problems with the voice recognition function on the Honda Free Link System. Currently I have 2,600 miles on my car. Did I forget to mention the vents in the back behind the center console for those who are sitting in the back seat is a standard feature on the 2013 Accord EX-V6 sedan? Not to mention the dual climate control, heated exterior mirrors, and a day/night rearview mirror. Lane watch camera is nice, plus the lane departure warning and front collision warning. My wife is quite a bit shorter than me so the memory function for the driver seat is great. This is controlled by the key fobs. On a scale of 1-10 I would give this car a 12! My wife drove it for the first time last weekend and she loved it. She said it is a lot nicer than the 2008 Accord she is currently driving. Finally I get a lot of compliments on this car from everyone saying how nice it looks. Ironically you have all the same features on this car compared to a BMW or Mercedes for half the cost, plus with the quality of a Honda everyone knows you will get well over 200,000 miles out of the engine."

Great stylish car. Honda nailed it again.

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Great car for the money. Go compare."

Cons: "No air duct work for rear passenger comfort"

"Handles very well and seating is comfortable. The low profile tires make SPORT ride a little stiff due to less flexing of tire side wall. You may want to opt for smaller diameter rims to get tires with higher side walls. Fuel mileage is from 26 to 33 MPG thus far for 2000 miles. I drove all the other cars up to $8000.00 more than the Honda but still liked the Honda the best. I would have given this car a 10 but nothing is 100% perfect."

Love the car, this is my third Honda.

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "I like all the safety features."

Cons: "The only thing I do not like is that the CVT trans"

"The only thing I do not like is that the CVT transmission is very Jerky after the car has sat for a while."

Performance & Value for money and more !!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, Drive, Safety,Sleek design, i-MID"

Cons: "getting used to CVT"

"Having driven almost every model in this class in the last 10 years of been on the road nothing has felt more safer, intuitive and consistent as this one. Power when you need it, performance when you need this car just is true value for money. Yes I have faced minor issues of small noise in the cabin which was taken care very easily by the dealer . I would not say that this car has the bests every model on every area but the overall package is well worth the money I paid. I get anywhere between 35-40 on a local driving stretch to office which is a pleasant surprise (though I am not an aggressive driver). I would recommend this to anyone who likes a balance do power, safety, elegance and performance. Definitely not for those inclined for luxury though most features match those offered by the Luxury cars."

Come on it's a Honda!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Great mpg, Affordable, Looks Slick, Just GREAT"

Cons: "I don't have any!"

"My wife and I recently bought our second ACCORD. We LOVE it. In town with a lot of stop and go we get between 15 and 25mpg. On the Highway the EPA estimated 36mpg is conservative. On one trip 80 miles @ 55 mph= 42.0 mpg. On the way back @ 65 mph= 39.7 mpg. We weren't in a hurry and loved the drive. Most people will go faster, but they don't really need to. Come on it's a HONDA!"