• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,713 - $37,536.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Excellent Choice! 2013 Honda Accord EXL V6

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, luxurious, awesome!"

Cons: "cheap controls"

"This is my first new car purchase. I most admit that I am a Honda fan so this might be a bit biased. The new design of the 2013 Honda Accord is remarkable. I have owned the previous 3 generations of the Accord and I must say that the newly designed Accord looks the best. The conservative style is truly elegant and the LED running lights look great! I heavily researched this Accord because I plan on keeping it for the long haul. The interior has been architected for comfort. I know some people have their seating issues, but I believe that this Accord is more comfortable than the previous generation (we had a 2010 EXL V6). Furthermore, the road noise on the previous generation was absolutely horrible. However, my only complaint with this vehicle are the control dials for volume and media control. Other than that, this Accord is perfect! Not to mention they come with Michelin Primacys -- excellent tires!"

Very happy with the new Accord

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

"I picked up the new Accord after test driving several competitors. The number of features for the money is what makes it best in class. The Accord is a very balanced and premium feeling car. I think it's easily the best midsize sedan on the market."

Great Car, no regrets

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Power, quietness, safety features, technology"

Cons: "steering feel, ride quality"

"I bought this car (Honda Accord EX-L V6) back in November of 2013, and I thoroughly enjoy driving this car. I found that everything in the car is comfortable and easy to use and learn to use. The safety features, like lane watch and fcw and ldw, really make this car safe, especially for those newer drivers to help gauge distances and car control. This generation is ridiculous quiet inside for a Honda (something i would not have expected). Concerning the power, the V6 provides more than adequate amount of power, plus is got better fuel economy and became smoother over time. Regarding the fuel economy, this v6 does a lot better in the city than my 04 CRV. I was surprised at how efficient it really was being a v6. There are, however, some gripes I have about it. 1) The steering feel is a little vague for my taste, I would have liked to have more feel (or at least a lot more weight as the steering was a little light for me). 2) The ride is a little stiff, but still very comfortable (it inspires more confidence for me than the softer Toyota Camry did). 3) Being that this car is near luxury, I would have like to have the seats automatically move back when the car door opens to provide easier access (it is manageable without the feature, but sometimes becomes a nuisance without more space to get in and out...). Overall, I would definitely recommend this car to new buyers as it provides near luxury at an affordable price and is probably one of the top benchmarks of this midsize car category."

A Little Cushy but Othewise a Very Nice Ride

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "Nice ride, lots of room, feels and looks expensive"

Cons: "Dashboard and electronics for the driver"

"The only negatives about this car are the lack of crispness in handling and the inconvenient instrument panel and driver controls. We were used to older Accords which didn't ride as smoothly but handled more crisply. This car is also harder to park due to its bigger size and increased blind spot areas. One of the annoying instrument panel features is the tendency of the turn signal level to turn on the high beams if you twist the level even a little. Also not recommended is a black interior with a black exterior. It's too hard to find stuff that falls on, under or between the seats, as well as seeing some of the controls. Get a light color interior if you choose a black Accord."

Love It!!

By on Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "more storage/ option for manual/ display tire pres"

"Replaced my 2011 Chevy Malibu with the 2013 Honda Touring addition. My Honda gets better gas mileage than the 4 cyl Malibu and has way more power. I absolutely love everything about the car especially the safety features, leather, Navigation, power, gas mileage and all the cameras. I do however wish the car had a manual/automatic shifter or at least lower gears you can downshift to. also with all the features it has you would think it would show you the tire pressure in each tire instead of manually having to do it."

This is by far the best vehicle I've owned

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "good driving experience, great mileage"

Cons: "some road noise"

"I can't say enough about this car. The estimated mpg highway was listed at 36 but I usually get around 40 mpg when I use the eco assist feature. I love the redesign both inside and out. The engine is a 2.4 liter but has plenty of power and acceleration and is very quiet. The ride is also very smooth but there is road noise on bad roads. I would definitely recommend this car. It also has a very good resale value compared to other makes."

I see why Honda is at the top!

By on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pros: "Great Value for the money, fun to drive, nice navi"

Cons: "None at the moment"

Better in Black

"This is my 1st Honda and WOW! I love this car so much easily the best car I have owned thus far and thats saying a lot considering my previous cars have been 2012 Boss 302 Mustang, 2012 Dodge ram 1500 sport, 2010 Dodge Challenger and I say with confidence neither of those cars have been even close to the quality and ride of this car. I plan on owning this car until I die b/c it won't die before me thats the greatness of Honda engineering. I got this car after a long search here in ND, but the whole dealer experience and purchase was awesome and I will forever praise Honda and promote their cars."

Better in Black

Best overall of 19 Hondas owned previous.

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Economic, fun to drive, well finished and styled"

Cons: "No moon roof option"

"I've owned Hondas since 1985 when I bought the first new car anyone of any generation of my family had ever purchased. In the time since, I've purchased 3 brand new, 2 very slightly used(under 10K miles)and 14 used. I've owned Accords, Civics, Cr-V s, and a Passport, all with manual transmissions. My family has totaled 5 of them, 3 of which were driven home from the accident scene, all without as much as a skin scratch. All have gone over 200K without any engine or transaxle repair other than routine maintenance (which I do myself.) One, a '92 Civic 5spd, currently has over 355K and gets 42mpg. That being said, the 2013 Accord Sport 6spd is the best of, what I consider, the best car brand sold over the past 28 years. The car is roomy, well finished, comfortable to drive and economic. To date I'm averaging 31.4 mpg on all 22,500 miles driven, occasionally hitting 40+ mpg. I was going to buy a new Accord in 2011 but didn't like the styling of the rear, reminded me of a Saturn. As soon as the styling changed, I was in line to buy one, although it took me until February of 2013 to find one. The only regret that I have with the car is that it doesn't have a moon roof. I find the driver's rearview mirror very functional, contrary to other opinions expressed here. I love the 6spd! Short throw, narrow gates, fabulous driving experience and I drive the car hard. The seats are firm but not stiff, the ride is aggressive but not harsh, and the sound is music to my ears, inside and out! I would agree that the passenger wiper deposits water slightly into the driver sight line, but I have not found that to be an issue. The chrome grill is developing a bubble under the chrome (about the size of the head of a tack) which I'm confident the dealer will rectify when I bring it to his attention. All in all, a great purchase. A lot of car for the money!"

Great improvement to Accords

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Quick, smooth and fun to drive"

Cons: "No ignition key start if self start fails"

"Absolutely a great car. I got a the 2013 V6 EX-L Navi. I am very pleased with this car. Great features and noiseless ride. Quick and smooth and fun to drive. I suppose that reliability with the Honda name will keep my expectations high since i have driven only about 300 miles. Need to get to understand the Navi operations since i am still new to it."

Managing expectations

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Value and reliability plus excellent trade-in"

Cons: "Seats and handling could use an upgrade"

"Some people pay around $23K for a car and expect everything to be perfect: Ride, handling, power, comfort, reliability and value. The Accord is some of those things but not all, however, for the price, it gets the job done and then some. I bought the 2014 Accord Sport and must say, it's met and sometimes exceeded my expectations. I like the look of it, the handling with those huge 18" rims, and the fuel economy of around 30mpg in mixed driving. It's a little bit of a rough rider and the driver's seat could be more comfortable but those are nit picks. It has surprising power for a 4 cylinder engine, not plant-you-into-the-seat cushions power but more than good enough and you can feel it."