• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,454 - $37,835.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

One Amazing Car!

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, amazing brakes, lovely interior"

Cons: "no lane-watch camera on the left side"

"This 2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L is my first car. The paint finish is excellent--just wash it and it shines, no wax needed. It has the lane watch, bluetooth integration with my IPhone. I love my car. It is amazing! It has great acceleration, great handling, great fuel economy (about 275 miles per half a tank)! The only thing I have that is iffy with me is the fact that lane watch is only on the right side. The dealer said that I could have it installed on the left side if would pay for it. Of course this year comes with a back up camera, and I love that specific feature. You still have to look around before, but once you start to back up it shows you how far to go by the different lines that show you how close your vehicle is to whatever is behind you. I read one review about the seats being uncomfortable--especially the leather. I happen to disagree--as long as the seat is adjusted properly it shouldn't be uncomfortable. I have had this car about 4-5 months, and drove it everywhere. In the city, on the highway, in heavy traffic, and as said in some of the other reviews, this car does like to go fast. There is no difference between going 40 and going 60 or 70. It handles great--I can take the curves in the highway close to my house at 60 with no issue. Even my mom, a die-hard Toyota fan, loves my car. She has a 2007 Camry, with the comparable engine to mine, and it whines and seems as if it has a hard time pulling the car. It is loud and noisy compared to mine. I like the design better than the Civic--it was way too small--even in the coupe, I can fit my younger brother, my mom and her boyfriend without having people's legs cramp. I like the touch screen instead of the knobs. It is easy to change the radio station without taking my eyes off the road. However, the volume and source of the music can be changed from the steering wheel, the same as a call being answered through bluetooth. The interior of this car is beatiful--it looks like a spaceship's cockpit. This car also has excellent brakes. It makes me feel safer to know that if I do hit the brake pedal the car will stop. The overall quality of this car is good--if you want something that is a little bit sportier than the Camry, Maxima or the Sonata."

Love the 2013 Accord!

By on Saturday, May 11, 2013

"I have owned 2 previous Accords & this by far is my favorite! I love the look of the new body style & the car drives great! My favorite additions to the Accord are the lane change camera as well as the back up camera. I am very pleased with the 2013 Accord!"

Do NOT buy the Navi option

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

"Honda confirmed today that is not and will not be possible to turn off the 'beep' that occurs every time you click. Huh? This is a software change (deficiency). You've got to be kidding me. Using the system is akin to conditioned response from electric shock. You learn to avoid it."

This is by far the best vehicle I've owned

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "good driving experience, great mileage"

Cons: "some road noise"

"I can't say enough about this car. The estimated mpg highway was listed at 36 but I usually get around 40 mpg when I use the eco assist feature. I love the redesign both inside and out. The engine is a 2.4 liter but has plenty of power and acceleration and is very quiet. The ride is also very smooth but there is road noise on bad roads. I would definitely recommend this car. It also has a very good resale value compared to other makes."

competent and probably best value for the money

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "great performance and gas mileage"

Cons: "HondaLink is a work in progress"

"I recently purchased the 2013 Honda Accord V6 without Navi. I drove a 1998 Accord Coupe V6 for nearly 15 years. The cost of maintaining it became unreasonable. The new car is quite exceptional. The power and acceleration are the best that I've experienced in a front wheel drive car. The 0-60 time is reported to be 6.1 in drive mode and 5.6 in sport mode. I haven't tested these numbers, but it is very quick to accelerate to highway speed. The gas mileage is beyond my expectations. On level roadways at 60 mph, the mpg averages 42. At 70 to 75, the mpg averages in the high 30's. In the 40 to 50 mph range, expect 50 mpg plus. In real world driving, stop lights and hills are expected, so the average mpg will go down somewhat. I averaged 39 mpg on a trip from Georgetown, SC to Columbia, SC. This is far better than received on my 1978 Datsun B210, once a benchmark for fuel economy in the late 70's. On the negative side, road noise is still an issue at highway speeds. The road surface is the big determinate in noise. I was disappointed in the noise cancellation program not being able to handle the noise and even questioned if it is working or not. The HondaLink is fraught with problems. It has crashed on start forcing a restart of the car to correct. The radio will sometimes freak out and sound terrible and not respond to input. Again, parking and restarting the car may resolve the issue. Hopefully, a firmware fix from Honda will correct the problems. The transmission is smooth but will downshift below 35 mph lower gears. This is somewhat distracting when I expect the car to coast with my foot off of the brake instead of downshifting."