• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,794 - $37,593.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Love It!!

By on Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "more storage/ option for manual/ display tire pres"

"Replaced my 2011 Chevy Malibu with the 2013 Honda Touring addition. My Honda gets better gas mileage than the 4 cyl Malibu and has way more power. I absolutely love everything about the car especially the safety features, leather, Navigation, power, gas mileage and all the cameras. I do however wish the car had a manual/automatic shifter or at least lower gears you can downshift to. also with all the features it has you would think it would show you the tire pressure in each tire instead of manually having to do it."

This is by far the best vehicle I've owned

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "good driving experience, great mileage"

Cons: "some road noise"

"I can't say enough about this car. The estimated mpg highway was listed at 36 but I usually get around 40 mpg when I use the eco assist feature. I love the redesign both inside and out. The engine is a 2.4 liter but has plenty of power and acceleration and is very quiet. The ride is also very smooth but there is road noise on bad roads. I would definitely recommend this car. It also has a very good resale value compared to other makes."

I see why Honda is at the top!

By on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pros: "Great Value for the money, fun to drive, nice navi"

Cons: "None at the moment"

Better in Black

"This is my 1st Honda and WOW! I love this car so much easily the best car I have owned thus far and thats saying a lot considering my previous cars have been 2012 Boss 302 Mustang, 2012 Dodge ram 1500 sport, 2010 Dodge Challenger and I say with confidence neither of those cars have been even close to the quality and ride of this car. I plan on owning this car until I die b/c it won't die before me thats the greatness of Honda engineering. I got this car after a long search here in ND, but the whole dealer experience and purchase was awesome and I will forever praise Honda and promote their cars."

Better in Black

Best overall of 19 Hondas owned previous.

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Economic, fun to drive, well finished and styled"

Cons: "No moon roof option"

"I've owned Hondas since 1985 when I bought the first new car anyone of any generation of my family had ever purchased. In the time since, I've purchased 3 brand new, 2 very slightly used(under 10K miles)and 14 used. I've owned Accords, Civics, Cr-V s, and a Passport, all with manual transmissions. My family has totaled 5 of them, 3 of which were driven home from the accident scene, all without as much as a skin scratch. All have gone over 200K without any engine or transaxle repair other than routine maintenance (which I do myself.) One, a '92 Civic 5spd, currently has over 355K and gets 42mpg. That being said, the 2013 Accord Sport 6spd is the best of, what I consider, the best car brand sold over the past 28 years. The car is roomy, well finished, comfortable to drive and economic. To date I'm averaging 31.4 mpg on all 22,500 miles driven, occasionally hitting 40+ mpg. I was going to buy a new Accord in 2011 but didn't like the styling of the rear, reminded me of a Saturn. As soon as the styling changed, I was in line to buy one, although it took me until February of 2013 to find one. The only regret that I have with the car is that it doesn't have a moon roof. I find the driver's rearview mirror very functional, contrary to other opinions expressed here. I love the 6spd! Short throw, narrow gates, fabulous driving experience and I drive the car hard. The seats are firm but not stiff, the ride is aggressive but not harsh, and the sound is music to my ears, inside and out! I would agree that the passenger wiper deposits water slightly into the driver sight line, but I have not found that to be an issue. The chrome grill is developing a bubble under the chrome (about the size of the head of a tack) which I'm confident the dealer will rectify when I bring it to his attention. All in all, a great purchase. A lot of car for the money!"

Great improvement to Accords

By on Sunday, November 18, 2012

Pros: "Quick, smooth and fun to drive"

Cons: "No ignition key start if self start fails"

"Absolutely a great car. I got a the 2013 V6 EX-L Navi. I am very pleased with this car. Great features and noiseless ride. Quick and smooth and fun to drive. I suppose that reliability with the Honda name will keep my expectations high since i have driven only about 300 miles. Need to get to understand the Navi operations since i am still new to it."

With out question, thevery best of everything

By on Friday, April 03, 2015

Pros: "Fantastic Vehile Am 100%+ + + HAPPY!!!"

Cons: "SOUND SYSTEM IS "HORRIBLE.""

"I'm so glad I have this opportunity to tell my experience to all who are interested. I have owned almost every car on the planet! American, Japanese & European. This car has surpassed my highest expectations! I drive 341 miles one-way 42 weekends a year for the last 2 years. I live 341 miles my place of employment. In Nevada there is NO TRAFFIC out side of Las Vegas or Reno...NONE. So, Trip (each way)is 5 hours!682 Miles. This car has been nothing short of spectacular!!! Quite, Comfortable, and positive 99.9% I have put 98% of my miles on a REAL OPEN HIGHWAY! and this car makes every journey a low stress enjoyable trek! One small complaint...The Sound System is HORRIBLE, it is by-far the worst sound system in the universe. However, the stereo is a micro/no problem compared to the rest of the vehicle This 2013 ACCORD IS: ... ...WELL, "PERFECT"!!!!"

Managing expectations

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Value and reliability plus excellent trade-in"

Cons: "Seats and handling could use an upgrade"

"Some people pay around $23K for a car and expect everything to be perfect: Ride, handling, power, comfort, reliability and value. The Accord is some of those things but not all, however, for the price, it gets the job done and then some. I bought the 2014 Accord Sport and must say, it's met and sometimes exceeded my expectations. I like the look of it, the handling with those huge 18" rims, and the fuel economy of around 30mpg in mixed driving. It's a little bit of a rough rider and the driver's seat could be more comfortable but those are nit picks. It has surprising power for a 4 cylinder engine, not plant-you-into-the-seat cushions power but more than good enough and you can feel it."

Great stylish car. Honda nailed it again.

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Great car for the money. Go compare."

Cons: "No air duct work for rear passenger comfort"

"Handles very well and seating is comfortable. The low profile tires make SPORT ride a little stiff due to less flexing of tire side wall. You may want to opt for smaller diameter rims to get tires with higher side walls. Fuel mileage is from 26 to 33 MPG thus far for 2000 miles. I drove all the other cars up to $8000.00 more than the Honda but still liked the Honda the best. I would have given this car a 10 but nothing is 100% perfect."

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Pros: "styling, gas milage"

Cons: "none yet"

"As another reviewer mentioned. I also have gotten 41 mpg on a highway @ 60mph. Engine is very peppy and car rides very nice. It would be easy to get a speeding ticket with this car as it never feels or rides like the actual speed actually going. I have the Sport w/CVT."

2013 Accord LX is amazing good car!!

By on Monday, December 03, 2012

Pros: "Head and leg room. Style"

"We own numerous Accords and love them all. This 2013 LX is an awesome good car. We love the new features and the quality is much better than other brands we shopped."

My first brand new car. LOVE IT 2013 Sport

By on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, exterior/interior design,"

Cons: "Sound system, no handsfree texting w/ iPhone"

"After almost ten years of driving, this is my first car that I bought, and I went brand new. I was looking at the 2012 Civic Si because of all of the bells and whistles but it's too small and not something I would want to be driving when I'm 30+ This drove me to the 2012 Accords because of their class and luxury. My saleswoman took me out to check out the 2013 Sport because I wanted some features that the 2012 Accords didn't have. Instantly fell in love with this car. The 18-inch alloy rims give it a super sporty look with the classy sedan body. The steering wheel mounted paddle shifters give me great control over the car especially on the highway for powerful acceleration and fun driving. Hitting 115 mph felt like I was going 75 and always handles well. I wish it had a better sound system as it is equipped with the standard 160W 4-speaker which is a kind of lame, but I love the Bluetooth integration with my iPhone. An excellent mid-sized sedan for the price. I think it is actually a steal for the look, drivability, and reliability."

Accord 2013 - Best Accord since 2003

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun ride, stylish, powerful"

"I own 2013 Accord EX-L V6 and its got as much power as a Camaro except its much more reliable than Camaro. I am happy with my purchase and will recommend it to anyone."

My view after driving this car for 1000 miles

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Room, power, it just wants to go"

Cons: "little rough when starting from 0"

"I previously owned a 2001 Honda Accord DX, which I drove for 230K miles with little trouble. About a month ago we bought a new Honda LX, automatic, and I have to tell you that I'm impressed. This car looks really great. Proud to have something looking so good in the driveway. The car loves highways, anything over 50 MPH and it just wants to go. It has enough power, its quiet, and its perfectly happy to go any distance. Traveled 60 miles yesterday and got close to 40 MPG. I find it a little rough when driving off from a parking spot, but then eagerly wants to go. This is a car to be driven, just go the miles, and it'll make you smile."

Best Accord by far, Best midsize on the market

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, Comfort, Value"

Cons: "radio could be a little better"

"I bought the V6 with navigation in May after looking at Mercedes C class, Lexus ES, Toyota Avalon and Toyota Camry, the Ford Fusion, Hyundai Sonata were both discarded for visibility problems and the VW Passat dealers were inept so we never got a look at one. This car will steal market share from below and above its price point, the value is unreal, this car thinks it’s a luxury car and it loves to be driven, the handling is really a strong suit, it’s perfectly sprung and the V6 is extremely quick, very powerful. In addition this new Honda has a full array of tech features one of which I really like is the lane change camera and the backup camera has to be one of the most sophisticated on the market Extremely well thought out, very comfortable seating, car just feels so right, the Mercedes was a huge disappointment, severe turbo lag, stiff, interior felt old within five minutes. Lexus ES looked good inside but really felt like they just added weight to keep it stable, sled like ride, the Avalon rode like an old Buick, it felt huge too and the Camry, what are they thinking?...Camry is going backwards our 97 was nicer, they really cheaped out on the new Camry imo. I’ve owned BMW’s, Mercedes, Acura, Hondas and Toyotas and have to say this is the nicest car, best balanced, value oriented car of them all. I don’t think there is a better bang for your buck out there. Honda really killed it with this one….Best Accord ever."

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navi-- First time buyer..

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Ample interior space for someone 6'2" in height"

Cons: "None so far"

"My reasoning behind buying this vehicle was primarily to get better fuel economy. I purchased it on 5/31/2013 for $27,850, which is about $400 below invoice. I now have around 800 miles on it and I'm pleasantly surprised at the the gas mileage I'm getting. In city driving I'm getting 30 to 32 mpg. and on the highway I've gotten as good as 44.5 mpg. Now,this is driving at 65 mph with cruise on, econ on, AC off, and flat terrain. Normally, I see mpg range of 40 to 42 mpg highway(AC on)at 65 mph cruise on. I sure hope this vehicle is as reliable and dependable as far as it's ratings."

Great Value and Reliability

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"I've had this car for about 6 months now and I have very few complaints. Bought a certified pre owned EX model because I preferred the cloth seats but wanted a sunroof and I'm still happy with my purchase. Its a major upgrade from the previous generation of accords inside and out. I constantly use the USB memory slot to play music and I haven't touched the tuning of the radio since the day I got it because of its clarity and range. I drive about 8 miles to work each day on highway and city roads and I leave it in the fuel conservation mode (ECO) which gives me around 32-36 MPG on average. Made a 100 mile trip recently and I averaged 38 mpg on the highway even after playing around in the sport mode. Owned an Altima previously and I will admit I think the ride in the Altima is a lot more smooth but the accord corners and accelerates a lot better. Yea so far no complaints, if I do think of one I will make sure to post"

Quite and comfortable Fun to Drive

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Priced right for all that you get, V6 has zip"

Cons: "No light in glove box?"

"I have owned this vehicle for 4 month i find it a fun car to drive it is both quite and comfortalbe and the V6 has a lot of get up and go"

The best bang for the buck

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Style, technology, options, V6 Power, gas mileage"

Cons: "Ride is choppy"

"I've owned my Black Pearl V6 EX -L w/ navi for approximately 4 months now and I've put almost 4k miles on it. The pros about this car are many. My favorite aspect about this car is the available power. It is quick, especially when passing or in a straight line! However, it isn't a sport car. At speed around a corner, you can tell there is a family sedan suspension on the chassis, not a formula 1's. The technology package and options that come with the EX-L give you a great value for the dollar. The seats are comfortable and Honda has done a good job reducing the road noise that was characteristic of many previous models - like my '05 Accord Coupe. A lot of professional reviews complain about the navi system, the three tier layout etc. Don't believe the negative hype. The car has many features that can be customized to suit your particular needs. Gas mileage is excellent. On a 1k mile round trip i averaged 35.5 mpg at 78 mph. That is with the eco button on the entire way. The only complaint I have is the ride quality in city driving. On the highway it is an excellent road car. In city driving the ride can be annoyingly choppy - at least here in Arkansas. Despite that minor irritation, the car is excellent. I highly recommend the E-XL V6 over the Touring. The only difference is adaptive cruse control and about $4,000. It isn't worth it. I test drove 2 Touring trims but, obviously settled with the EX-L."

You get what you pay for....

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "looks, comfort, luxury, power, interior and VALUE"

Cons: "none !!!!!"

2013 Accord EX

"I have had this car for approximately one month and am thoroughly pleased with it. The quality and craftsmanship shows inside and out. It drives, handles and runs like a upper scale luxury car and is a pleasure to drive, some people have even mistaken it for an Acura. The only item i have had some difficulty adjusting to is the CVT transmission but i am quickly finding out that this is a smooth and proven drive train which makes the car very economical. Mileage approx. 28-30mpg in town and approaching 37mpg on the highway. This is the best vehicle i have purchased and it will be in my garage for some time to come. WELL DONE HONDA, this car is a home run !!!!!!"

2013 Accord EX

Sporty but sensible

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, yet responsible."

Cons: "Navigation cost is too high. Use your phone's GPS"

"I bought the 2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6. This car has some serious gallup for a "family" car, competing well with other V6's in its class. The 5-star safety rating is great, and the interior accouterments are second to none in its class. This car quite easily competes with much higher priced luxury cars due to its refinements, but at a much lower price."

Great value - lots of nice new features

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Provides excellent value, nice driving experience"

Cons: "Minor - Stiff ride, rearview camera"

"This is my 6th Honda Accord. Interior is roomy and trunk space is excellent. Love the display features and the gas mileage. Ride is a bit stiff. Noise cancellation system is good and is a new feature but still wind noise comes in. Love the heating/cooling system and the nicely laid out controls. The fan is a bit noisy. Controls are nicely laid out. I have seen only 33 mpg so far and not the 36 so far - may be because it is a new car and the cylinder and piston have to work in. Warranty could be better. The CVT feature is great - smooth transitions."

Very disappointing

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

"I thought i was buying a reliable Honda which would last me many years. Instead I bought a lemon! This being a new design model has likely added to the fact that there are many bugs Honda has yet to work out... At only 7000 miles did i start experiencing electrical issues. The check engine, tire pressure, vehicle assist, and power steering all illuminated unexpectedly and the vehicle immediately lost power and would not accelerate past 40 mph. I brought the car to the dealer the next day in which they reset the "vehicle codes". The car drove fine for about 300 miles until the issue happened again. To make a long story short, this issue occurred 3 times in which the dealer replaced the throttle body and the ECU. The car drove for about 600 miles after replacing the ECU until it happened for a 4th time. At this point I was fed up with constantly driving to the dealer and for them to tell me the issue was fixed each time when it clearly wasn't. It seemed no one could pinpoint the problem and for a new car to experience this is unacceptable. I ultimately complained enough to Honda and expressed that I thought this car was a lemon, they finally decided to give me my money back rather than wait for me to legally act upon it which i had every right to do. Aside from all this the car drove and handled well, all the features were pretty nice including the rear view camera and all the audio options available. I would just be extremely careful from now on before purchasing a brand new design model, I was probably better off buying a 2012 or waiting a few years for a '15. With all the gadgets and sensors the new cars have today, you'll likely run into these electrical issues with any new design, its probably best going with a proven model thats been around a few years."

Another GRANDSLAM for HONDA!

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "Too Many to List!"

"I can’t say enough great things about this car! If I tell you everything it would take up this whole web page. This is the 4th Accord we bought since 1998. The 1998 Accord we bought new and kept it for 10 years and traded it in with 140,000 miles for a 2008 model. In 2003 I traded in my 1999 Ford Exploder (yes I said Exploder not Explorer), for a 2003 Accord EX-V6. One thing we noticed from the 1998 Accord compared to the 2008 Accord, Honda kept the quality in the engine, but it the interior seemed cheap and littler noisier in the cabin when driving down the compared to the 1998 and the 2003. I sold my 2003 Accord (yes somebody wanted my 10 year old car) out right in June of this year and purchased the 2013 Accord EX-V6. The 2013 Accord EX-V6 sedan is AWESOME! Honda went back to its roots, meaning the interior is top notch, ride is quite and comfortable. The 278 horsepower under the hood is truly impressive! I wasn’t sure if I was going to like the variable cylinder management, but honestly you don’t notice the difference when driving down the highway with the cruise control and all of the sudden you need to “step on it” to pass a truck or someone driving under the speed limit. City driving I get 25 MPG and highway I get 35 MPG. Having the Honda Free Link system is great when making a phone call. I have had no problems with the voice recognition function on the Honda Free Link System. Currently I have 2,600 miles on my car. Did I forget to mention the vents in the back behind the center console for those who are sitting in the back seat is a standard feature on the 2013 Accord EX-V6 sedan? Not to mention the dual climate control, heated exterior mirrors, and a day/night rearview mirror. Lane watch camera is nice, plus the lane departure warning and front collision warning. My wife is quite a bit shorter than me so the memory function for the driver seat is great. This is controlled by the key fobs. On a scale of 1-10 I would give this car a 12! My wife drove it for the first time last weekend and she loved it. She said it is a lot nicer than the 2008 Accord she is currently driving. Finally I get a lot of compliments on this car from everyone saying how nice it looks. Ironically you have all the same features on this car compared to a BMW or Mercedes for half the cost, plus with the quality of a Honda everyone knows you will get well over 200,000 miles out of the engine."

Test drive the manual 6-speed !

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "fair price, fun drive, zippy, reliable"

Cons: "rough ride, tiny map pockets,"

"The engine and transmission have been reliable and a hoot to drive. Crisp handling and smooth braking make driving fun again. My last Honda was a used 84 Accord, so I am pleasantly surprised. A commute in hilly country gets me 38 hwy. My mpg ranges between 24 and 40. As many Europeans and Japanese drive manuals, one would think that Honda would be more manual-friendly. Choosing the manual limits your color choice and trim package. Honda sales people looked at me as if I was wearing a clown suit and bunny slippers when I asked about the manual. The "premium" electronics package is not available with the manual, which suits me fine, as others have found it to be troublesome. I don't like the seats, but for me they're not a show-stopper. I'd like a tad more lumbar support."

My First Accord

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, handling, ease of shifting"

Cons: "Trunk latch hurts my head when I hit it!"

I told you it was a 6 speed manual.

"Honda may have redesigned the front suspension and done away with the double wishbone front suspension, but boy it no way shows it in the twisties. We took our new 2014 LX 6 speed manual out on 89A through over the mountain to Jerome, AZ and then on to Sedona, AZ only to return over the mountains of Jerome today. This was an approx. 200 mile planned route that would vary driving conditions, vehicle speed, and allow us to get accustomed to the Accord and help it "break in". What a blast to drive, it is as tossible as my '89 Civic I had many years ago. The cars handling just inspires confidence the more I drive it. The shifter is light, precise, and a breeze to shift. Buy a manual and experience true Honda engineering. EPA numbers are extremely easy to meet if not even exceed. In spirited driving today we got 35.5 mpg on out trip. I hate the limited interior color availability with a manual (hope Honda is reading these reviews), but I got mine in silver with a black interior. The floor mats already look dark brown in under a week of using the car. Power window and lock switches don't all light up at night. The back up camera is a nice toy."

I told you it was a 6 speed manual.