2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,686 - $37,433.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 219 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great car for the money

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Nothing but praise for this car"

"Initially, I planned to purchase a new Fusion with the large 4 cylinder turbo. Due to limited availability, I became impatient and bought a 2013 Accord Sport with the six speed manual transmission. I have nothing but praise for this car. This car delivers the most car for the money in my opinion. For $ 23,000 I bought a car that has every feature I need and none that I didn't really want. Over 10,000 miles, the car has averaged 32.2 MPG. Over the last 700 miles of driving in slightly flatter terrain than normal and at varying speeds below 70mph, the car has averaged 36.5 mpg. I have used the econo mode for probably 70% of the miles driven on this car. My Accord drives much better than my 2008 Camry SE V-6. My Accord has a firm ride which I personally like. I think this contributes to the great driving characteristics of this car but some may consider the ride too firm for a car of this type. I have no complaints after 8 months of ownership. In fact, I am strongly considering trading our 2008 Camry for another Accord for my wife."

2013 Accord could be better! Bumpy rides!

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Blind spot camera, Rear view camera, Speedometer"

Cons: "Very bumpy ride!"

"The pros pretty much sums up the good part about the 2013 Accord EX-L Coupe. Going to focus on what is wrong with it from an owners perspective. The ride is extremely bumpy for a car this size. During test drive I thought it was the road condition but now realize that it is the car! Research online and you will see that the 2013 model has this exact problem! Honda manufacturer kind of failed on this aspect. Also on the coupe, the side frame blocks the driver's view when looking to the left. Design flaws. Makes me regret getting it. :("

This is an outstanding car.

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Value, Ride, Comfort"

Cons: "Passenger side leg room, radio and driver mirror"

"We bought a 2013 Accord EX-L about 2.5 months ago. We now have ~7k miles on it. This is only the second Honda I have owned. We evaluated most of the vehicles in this class. For the most part, you can’t go wrong. They are all good vehicles and great values. Ultimately, our choice came down to the Ford Fusion SE (Loaded, 1.6 EcoBoost) or the Accord EX-L. We drove each multiple times before making a decision. We went with the Accord because a) it was a little more refined and b) it achieved similar MPG with much simpler technology and c) the reviews on the MFT were so mixed that I just could not get comfortable with it. Truth be told, I wanted to go with the Ford for I wanted to buy American but didn’t for the reasons above. The Accord is very close to perfect. It is extremely comfortable and smooth. Now, here is the really surprising and good news. The MPG has been much better than advertised. All measurements are using the car’s onboard computer so I acknowledge that the accuracy is subject to the manufacturer quality. My extended family lives about 350 miles away. The path there is roughly divided into three equal segments (>100 miles each) that have distinctly different speeds: 70 MPH (drove ~78ish), 60 MPH (drove ~65ish) and 55 (drove 58ish). I reset the computer at each segment. Here are the amazing results (remember, the car Highway is rated at 35 MPG): @ 78MPH – 34.5 MPG, @ 65 MPH – 37 MPG and @ 58ish – 41.3 MPG. I was blown away by those numbers but have to admit it was ideal conditions (flat, Highway). So, we took the car 1,400 miles to Indiana. Round trip including 80+ MPH, Mountains (both ways), 2 days city driving and up to 4 people in the car at times … 34.5MPG!!! Way cool. THINGS THAT ARE LESS THAN PERFECT: The radio sound is lacking bass. It is not exciting. The passenger side leg room is MUCH less than the driver side. The firewall seems to be set at different points. Finally, the driver side mirror has a section that is for blind spots. It is more distracting than helpful. Overall, I paid 27k OTD and thought it was a great value. My wife is the primary driver and absolutely loves it. If I told her “either that car goes or I go”, I am not sure what her answer would be!!! (Kidding)."

Test drive the manual 6-speed !

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "fair price, fun drive, zippy, reliable"

Cons: "rough ride, tiny map pockets,"

"The engine and transmission have been reliable and a hoot to drive. Crisp handling and smooth braking make driving fun again. My last Honda was a used 84 Accord, so I am pleasantly surprised. A commute in hilly country gets me 38 hwy. My mpg ranges between 24 and 40. As many Europeans and Japanese drive manuals, one would think that Honda would be more manual-friendly. Choosing the manual limits your color choice and trim package. Honda sales people looked at me as if I was wearing a clown suit and bunny slippers when I asked about the manual. The "premium" electronics package is not available with the manual, which suits me fine, as others have found it to be troublesome. I don't like the seats, but for me they're not a show-stopper. I'd like a tad more lumbar support."

My First Accord

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, handling, ease of shifting"

Cons: "Trunk latch hurts my head when I hit it!"

I told you it was a 6 speed manual.

"Honda may have redesigned the front suspension and done away with the double wishbone front suspension, but boy it no way shows it in the twisties. We took our new 2014 LX 6 speed manual out on 89A through over the mountain to Jerome, AZ and then on to Sedona, AZ only to return over the mountains of Jerome today. This was an approx. 200 mile planned route that would vary driving conditions, vehicle speed, and allow us to get accustomed to the Accord and help it "break in". What a blast to drive, it is as tossible as my '89 Civic I had many years ago. The cars handling just inspires confidence the more I drive it. The shifter is light, precise, and a breeze to shift. Buy a manual and experience true Honda engineering. EPA numbers are extremely easy to meet if not even exceed. In spirited driving today we got 35.5 mpg on out trip. I hate the limited interior color availability with a manual (hope Honda is reading these reviews), but I got mine in silver with a black interior. The floor mats already look dark brown in under a week of using the car. Power window and lock switches don't all light up at night. The back up camera is a nice toy."

I told you it was a 6 speed manual.