• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,713 - $37,536.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Amazing 38 mpg highway; way under-priced value

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Economy, high end power, reliability, low price!"

Cons: "Not a Lexus-like head turner."

"Before I bought this car, I drove every sedan available: Mercedes, Cadillac, Volvo, Lexus, Subaru, Infiniti, Audi, even this same car dressed like an Acura. None was more comfortable. None was as roomy. None was as much fun and responsive, especially at the upper end. All were far more expensive (from $10,000 to $40,000 more except the Subaru which was the most unremarkable car I have ever driven). Using the Consumer Reports reliability ratings and overall ratings, I decided to save the money and try the Accord. Boy! Did I make the right decision! First, I noticed that I sit IN not ON the seats. Then I noticed I could see all around easily. Then I found it easy at my age to enter and exit the car. And with the front seats all the way back, I can still see about three inches between my knees and the back of the front seat (I am 6'2"), and the head room is far better than the BMW 5 Series. STANDARD EQUIPMENT: Real leather; heated power seats; backup and blind spot cameras; FCW; tire pressure monitors; LDW; auto-dimming mirror; comfort, comfort comfort; huge trunk; free mats, splash guards, door edge protection tape; free first year maintenance; proximity, keyless entry; open all the windows from 200 feet away on a hot day; HomeLink; memory driver's seat positioning; and much, much more. And then I began to realize that this 3.5 liter, nearly 300 horsepower engine was getting phenomenal gas mileage. I was looking at 38 and 42 MPG on the highway with a 600 mile range and about 20 CITY, and as of today the OVERALL MPG on this full sized, fully powered, really fine road car stands at exactly 30 MPG. It is a joy to drive, and I do not miss feeling smug because I spent $27,700 instead of $64,000 for the Lexus with its vinyl seats (I could not get my knees under the steering wheel nor my head under the sun roof. Except for its fine, responsive, untorquey steering and lack of that old big car floaty feeling, the whole thing comes really close to that 1953 Hudson Hornet with Twin H power I drove in college. It is that satisfying. And right now I see the private party sale price is almost the same as what I actually paid for it. This is a highly under-rated automobile!"

Nice car over all, needs some minor changes

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Interior and features"

Cons: "Desined to work with I Phones not Android phones"

"Stiff ride, blind spot camera is useless at night, would prefer the older style blind spot detection. Interior is very nice. It has plenty of power. My transmission failed at 150 miles but I realize this can happen in manufacturing and is extremely rare."

My review after my Accord was totaled

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Very, very safe, great shift action manual, safe"

Cons: "low to the ground, ride too firm & road noise"

Totaled 2014 Accord 6 speed manual LX

"EXACTLY two weeks to the day of purchase I was traveling on a highway at 45-55 m.p.h. and out of the blue of vehicle on the shoulder decided to turn into my path (she admitted making an U-turn to police) needless to say my car was a total loss. At the moment of impact the driver's seatbelt locked up as it should and TIGHTLY held me in place, so tight I could barely breath. The airbags deployed properly and I walked away from the accident with an extremely sore left shoulder (doc said a body sprain) and a scratch to my left hand from the steering wheel airbag deployment. I received no burns from the airbag and honestly do not believe I ever made contact with the steering wheel airbag. Honestly, this is the worst accident I have ever had. Don't want another, thank you very much. Honda America can quote me if they'd like! Don't ever want to see another airbag deployment in my life, once again thank you very much. Is it a safe car? Well, I think so. The Accord held up very well considering the driver of the other car was in a midsized S.U.V. Did I buy another Accord? No. Not because it wasn't safe, but because, call me superstitious, I didn't want to tempt fate. I purchased another brand. My decision was also based only on a couple of weeks of driving experience with the car; while I loved the Accord it was low to the ground and made it difficult for me, a large framed guy at 6'-3" to get in and out of the car. I am a bit older now (49), I have more than a touch of arthritis, a bad back and knee. I could never quite comfortable behind the wheel and our approx. 200 mile road trip (see my previous review) told my body that the car had a firmer ride than it cared for. My new car has a much more compliant ride, BUT is nowhere the caliber of vehicle my manual LX Accord was. In the long run I may wish I bought another Accord. To get another Accord it would have been another silver and black combo, since Honda has such limited color availability I didn't want to walk up to a new Accord only to be reminded of the one that was wrecked."

Totaled 2014 Accord 6 speed manual LX

best manual midsize sedan

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "space, fuel efficiency, ride, manual"

Cons: "seat folding, bluetooth hands free link"

"I have the 6MT in my car, with the sport trim I have 189 horsepower that really moves the car rather quickly. I can get up to speed with no problem whatsoever. Even in 6th gear the car still has good pull when accelerating to pass on the highway. The interior space is amazing, I upgraded due to needing more space than my 2010 Civic SI allowed me. The trunk is massive, and the optional trunk tray has saved me many times. The only problems I have faced with the car is the fact that there is only one USB port and that the seats fold down in one piece. If these things were changed, then this would be my pick hands down in this segment."

sporty and reliable

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

"Got the 2014 Accord coupe V6 w/ Navi. Interior design was luxurious with safety feature like lane watch and front collision warning, smooth ride and noise cancelling windows make it fun to drive, exterior is also sleek and sporty redesign LED daytime headlight makes it look more luxury like Lexus, BMW, Audi, Mbenz name it. Definitely recommend with flying colors. Pros. Luxury feel and look, with tons of safety features, reliability, powerful. Cons. Higher price, less horsepower than mustang and Camaro. Overall. Love this car no regrets."

Lane warning device/ Seat comfort.

By on Sunday, April 20, 2014

Pros: "Prive is right."

Cons: "Lane watch problem."

"My only problem so far is the LANE WARNING DEVICE works sporadically. I have not been able to determine why? Driver's seat could be a little more comfortable. Everything else so far functions well."

Really a great everyday car

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"Very confy and economic car"

Accord Coupe EX-L (4cyl, CVT)

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Fit and finish, power, ride quality, mpg, CVT"

Cons: "Infotainment system, no LED headlights."

"Honda really cleaned up the exterior styling for the 2013+ model years. Interior fit and finish is top notch, looks like an Acura! Lots of room inside, I'm 6'3" and fit fine. Leather seats are very comfortable on long rides. If you get the coupe, get Still Night Pearl (blue color) its beautiful! Surprising combination of power and smoothness from the 4cyl CVT combo. Great mpg numbers, I get as high as 37+mpg on the freeway with no traffic. Bluetooth/Pandora connectivity is great. Only cons I can come up with: Car can be a bit pricy, especially with NAV (but you pay for Honda quality/reliability!). The infotainment system sometimes feels clunky/unfinished. The two screens can feel redundant. Honda left out some things like LED headlights and active cruise control. (touring sedan gets these, V6 trim gets LED DRLs) Please note, this was the first model year for the CVT transmission, I have fairly good faith it will remain reliable."

wouldnt trade it for nothing

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "very fun 2drive, full of power & all the tech toys"

Cons: "wish it had the cameras on drivers mirrors."

"put the 19in hfp diamond cut wheels and you make cars at stoplights bow down to you!!! More bells & whistles for the price than anthing in its price point!!! Back up cameras, bling spot cameras, customize large lcd displays, side cameras, 0-60 in less than 6.8 secs, REG unleaded, two toned/two toned stitched leather, and the list goes on!!!"

i Love My New Honda Accord (:

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "New MID Screen with all new Saftey features"

"I Just Recenlty Bought my New Honda Accord 2013 at Holman Honda from Christopher Rodriguez had such a Fun and easy going time buying my car , I love everything about the new Honda Accord very differnt form the older models has the New MID Screen which was intorduced in 2012 with the Honda Civic and in 2013 the Sports model is the Best chocie with Value and so much to offer , great Quality and even better Reliabilty."