2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $35,795 - $37,518.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 217 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

This is our 9th Honda vehicle - we love them!

By on Sunday, May 24, 2015

Pros: "Beautiful, reliable, great performance & handling"

Cons: "None so far"

Our Accord EX-L V6 resting in our garage

"We purchased this 2013 Honda Accord EX-L V6 in early 2013 after seeing the new body style and reading the ratings/reviews -- and we haven't been disappointed! I love the performance and handling of the Accord V6 --to me it feels more like a $45,000 Euro sport sedan than a $31,000 Accord! And here's a surprise -- the V6 Accord get outstanding gas mileage -- we often get 31+mpg and have got as much as 34 on the highway. The Accord is my wife's car and we don't drive it much since she retired in 2104, hence the low mileage, plus we tend to drive my Acura MDX when we go out together, leaving the Accord in the garage. As Honda's tend to do, it has been been completely reliable and problem-free and has never been damaged, not even a door mark, plus we have all service records. This car is in mint condition and will make someone a great car!"

Our Accord EX-L V6 resting in our garage

Generally disappointed with my Accord EX-L w/Nav..

By on Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pros: "Exterior styling, bluetooth audio"

Cons: "Wonky audio system quality, squeaky driver's seat"

"Can't wait to get out of my 3 year lease. Beware of audio system nightmares starting with a non-operational subwoofer setting, that I finally got resolved by showing my Honda tech using a clever website video that someone had helpfully posted. I drove this car for 1.5 years before realizing the subwoofer had been intentionally turned off in its programming settings by Honda techs at it's pre-delivery inspection. I'm not a beatbox kid, but rather an adult who appreciates a fullness of sound coming from my car's audio system as intended. That, plus a blasé attitude from my selling you know who, and a repetitive squeaky driver's seat that they won't repair under warranty due to fit and finish policy expiring after 1 year... I'm so over this car, and this is my 4th Accord I've owned since the late 1980's. The exterior styling and mechanical reliability have been perfect as anticipated. And it is inexpensive to maintain properly. However, I'm disappointed with these daily hapless annoyances I've put up with driving it in the past 2.5 years."

Awesome car

By on Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, excellent performance and ride."

Cons: "A little boomy at 1700 to 1900 rpms."

"Adding 265/40x18 tires made a huge difference in braking and handling. Ride did not suffer. Fuel economy is very good, better than epa estimates."

Decent value

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Nicely put together and good bang 'fer the buck!"

"In this day and age to get good value is a hard thing to define. Having come off as an owner of 4 BMW's(2x 3series, 2x 5 series)in the last 6 years, I think this car ranks up there as a really nice ride for the money spent. 2013 Sport edition got my attention and I've had 4 months and a long road trip up and over I-10 and Chicago back to NY. No complaints and I didn't have to pay for premium gas either!! A lot of car here and decent looks ta'boot! Complaint ...? None to speak of. 5/5 stars! Note: Work to get the best value for your trade, walk away and let'em know you mean business."

2013 Saved my life

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Safety, Size, Manual Transmission Option,"

Cons: "Hill assist, Bi-fold mirror, Trunk Noises at idle,"

"I had a 2013 which was hit head on by a drunk driver about 2 weeks after purchasing it. The car saved my life. The Drunk was in a full sized truck, and although the Accord was totaled, i do not think i would be writing this if it were not for that car. I went out and purchased a 2014 sport with a 6-speed to replace the LX in which i had prior. The differences between the 13 and 14 are very small, although the 14 has better paint. I am 6'2" tall, there is still enough room behind me for my father who is 6'4" to fit without his knees touching the back of my seat. I love this car, it is big, the 4cyl is plenty quick (0-60 6.5 with the manual) and i average 29MPG. Cost to fill is about 38.00 at 3.19 a gallon. I typically get 445-525 miles per tank. (Not broken in yet) The trunk is huge, the body lines make it look like a much more expensive car. BAD: There is a lot of cabin noise from exhaust notes at idle. I don't think the trunk has enough sound proofing. It doesn't bother me yet, but i am sure it will get annoying. The hill assist is really more of a problem then help, as it doesn't always work, changes the grab point of the clutch, and makes entering an intersection on a hill "interesting". There is a bi-fold in the mirror, which is really stupid.. They claim it helps with blind spots, but if you know how to drive, this will get annoying.. (Changed the mirror glass with a 2012 mirror glass) Verdict: I would recommend this car to anyone who needs a bigger car, its comfortable, gets great MPG, and looks sharp. It's very safe "Proved that", and since it is a honda, it will likely run forever."