2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,919 - $22,932.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 186 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Overall Very Well Done

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "Easy to Live With, Gas Mileage, Surprising Fun"

Cons: "Low End Power, No Heated Seat Option"

"I have owned the car now for 17000 Miles and I have to say this is an extremely well built well thought out car. Unlike most midsize cars that do one or two things extremely well and leave the rest to be desired. This car does everything well, nothing is outstanding but everything is done well. Driving dynamics of my 2013 Sport are on par with the better cars in classes above it. All the technology bits (bluetooth, handsfree, pandora radio) are easy to use, understand and master. Relatively quiet on the road even at speeds over 100. Plenty of space, great all around visibility and very easy to drive. The CVT is the best one I have ever driven. We have two CVT cars and this one is hands down the best. Test drove a lot of other midsize cars with a CVT and unless your really paying attention you would never know the Accord even has a CVT. The paddle shifters actually work, there are 7 pre-programmed spots in the transmission and the computer will actually let you select and hold the 'gear' you want to be in. 'Shifts' are quick and precise and in sport mode the car acts completely different, very responsive at speed, holds rpms longer, just feels faster even though it really isn't. With that said this car could benefit from more power. I know there is a V6 available but you can't get that in a Sport, which is the best looking Accord by far, otherwise I would have gotten a V6 Sport. The 4 cylinder definitely lacks grunt on the low end but makes up for it at speeds and once the RPMs start going north of 4k. With all the turbos out there now a small scroll turbo could add 40 or 50 more horses and would really wake this engine and car up. All in all this car is super easy to live with, well engineered, and surprising fun to drive. Its no rear drive V8, but when the kids aren't in the car is can easily put a smile on your face on the way to work in Sport mode all while returned good gas mileage (I am averaging 29-31 Overall of mostly spirited driving, I did get 38 on one long trip). With a little more grunt and maybe some heat warmers as options this would easily be the best car in the class, but even without those things I can't see why its not already."

2nd Honda Accord

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable"

"Great car!"

Managing expectations

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Value and reliability plus excellent trade-in"

Cons: "Seats and handling could use an upgrade"

"Some people pay around $23K for a car and expect everything to be perfect: Ride, handling, power, comfort, reliability and value. The Accord is some of those things but not all, however, for the price, it gets the job done and then some. I bought the 2014 Accord Sport and must say, it's met and sometimes exceeded my expectations. I like the look of it, the handling with those huge 18" rims, and the fuel economy of around 30mpg in mixed driving. It's a little bit of a rough rider and the driver's seat could be more comfortable but those are nit picks. It has surprising power for a 4 cylinder engine, not plant-you-into-the-seat cushions power but more than good enough and you can feel it."

Love love love this car!

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

"This is my first Honda and I absolutely love it! Just wish it had a camera on drivers side like on the passenger side for turning, now that would be really nice!"

Worst car i have ever ownned

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

"It has been to the shop 2 times, my transmission is hesitating, the first time I took my car the service advisor told me that he had to follow a process and that my transmission problem will get worse but they couldn't find the problem. Took it in a second time, they kept my car from Friday until Tuesday, got me a rental car, but told me that they couldn't find the transmission problem or why I only got 24 MPG on one tankful when most miles were on the highway. Honda quality is no more, I have purchased 4 Hondas from the same dealership the past 9 years, this Honda will be my last one, I have owned many new cars in my lifetime and this one has to be the worst new car I have ever owned"