2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,927 - $22,936.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 185 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Awesome car

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, great price for speed and features"

Cons: "Suspension - bumpy ride"

"I love this car. It's fun to drive, slick, sporty, and yet extremely practical thanks to the reliability and fairly spacious rear seat. If you care about reliability and high tech gadgets, you won't find anything more fun to drive that's not at least $10k more. The only real downside is that the suspension makes for a bumpy ride. Otherwise, wonderful car, and wonderful value for the money."

Great car, for the money .

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Seats can be more comfortable."

"Because this was my first 2015 Honda accord I really wasn't expecting much maybe a sportier Toyota Camry. This car has surpassed my expectations and some. I mean its great for everyday driving, commuting its comfortable simple to use technology and it demands respect. Its quick for being a 4 cyl and even has enough power to race, I didn't say that ok. lol So if your in doubt about your next vehicle try Honda."

This is a great value for the price

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage and design. The CVT trans is awesome"

Cons: "No change drawer, should have gotten leather int."

"This car is very comfortable, economical gas wise, and a nice looking car as well. For $19,600, this was a real deal. The Civic was almost as expensive"

Great all around car

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Quality"

Cons: "Vents"

"I initially wanted a 2011 model, but my wife got me a 2013 instead and I love it! I have a base model and it comes with back up camera and bluetooth! Great car, awesome looking, gets around 33mpg hwy/city with 75% highway. I've hit 40 mpg on many occasion, highway only; I guess I'm pretty light footed. Car is relatively strong at 180 horse and torque; if you need power, turn off ECO and shift to S and you won't be disappointed. People complain about the CVT but it's barely noticeable. I actually think it adds a bit of premium quality to the drive as it doesn't shift gears like the standard transmission. If you pay close enough attention, there is a slight lag or vibration when accelerating from a stop; still doesn't bother me. The only improvement I can think of are the air vents; they're extremely weak. I have to turn it up to 75-80% to feel anything. The traction control is very sensitive and I sometimes turn it off to get more of a mechanical feel to the drive. Hint: instead of complaining, problem solve. Honda certainly built this car for customer satisfaction. I do my own oil change and I was extremely excited to see how easy it is. Honda has engineered the oil pan and the oil filter to be next to each other and made this the easiest possible oil change I have ever done. Overall, this is a great car, and I would buy my wife one too but she wants an SUV. Critics and expert reviews rate this as the number one Sedan for 2013 all across the board and I agree 100%. If you have the extra money, the premium versions have very nice features, but even the base model will suffice."

Overall Very Well Done

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "Easy to Live With, Gas Mileage, Surprising Fun"

Cons: "Low End Power, No Heated Seat Option"

"I have owned the car now for 17000 Miles and I have to say this is an extremely well built well thought out car. Unlike most midsize cars that do one or two things extremely well and leave the rest to be desired. This car does everything well, nothing is outstanding but everything is done well. Driving dynamics of my 2013 Sport are on par with the better cars in classes above it. All the technology bits (bluetooth, handsfree, pandora radio) are easy to use, understand and master. Relatively quiet on the road even at speeds over 100. Plenty of space, great all around visibility and very easy to drive. The CVT is the best one I have ever driven. We have two CVT cars and this one is hands down the best. Test drove a lot of other midsize cars with a CVT and unless your really paying attention you would never know the Accord even has a CVT. The paddle shifters actually work, there are 7 pre-programmed spots in the transmission and the computer will actually let you select and hold the 'gear' you want to be in. 'Shifts' are quick and precise and in sport mode the car acts completely different, very responsive at speed, holds rpms longer, just feels faster even though it really isn't. With that said this car could benefit from more power. I know there is a V6 available but you can't get that in a Sport, which is the best looking Accord by far, otherwise I would have gotten a V6 Sport. The 4 cylinder definitely lacks grunt on the low end but makes up for it at speeds and once the RPMs start going north of 4k. With all the turbos out there now a small scroll turbo could add 40 or 50 more horses and would really wake this engine and car up. All in all this car is super easy to live with, well engineered, and surprising fun to drive. Its no rear drive V8, but when the kids aren't in the car is can easily put a smile on your face on the way to work in Sport mode all while returned good gas mileage (I am averaging 29-31 Overall of mostly spirited driving, I did get 38 on one long trip). With a little more grunt and maybe some heat warmers as options this would easily be the best car in the class, but even without those things I can't see why its not already."

2nd Honda Accord

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable"

"Great car!"

Managing expectations

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Value and reliability plus excellent trade-in"

Cons: "Seats and handling could use an upgrade"

"Some people pay around $23K for a car and expect everything to be perfect: Ride, handling, power, comfort, reliability and value. The Accord is some of those things but not all, however, for the price, it gets the job done and then some. I bought the 2014 Accord Sport and must say, it's met and sometimes exceeded my expectations. I like the look of it, the handling with those huge 18" rims, and the fuel economy of around 30mpg in mixed driving. It's a little bit of a rough rider and the driver's seat could be more comfortable but those are nit picks. It has surprising power for a 4 cylinder engine, not plant-you-into-the-seat cushions power but more than good enough and you can feel it."

Love love love this car!

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

"This is my first Honda and I absolutely love it! Just wish it had a camera on drivers side like on the passenger side for turning, now that would be really nice!"

Worst car i have ever ownned

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

"It has been to the shop 2 times, my transmission is hesitating, the first time I took my car the service advisor told me that he had to follow a process and that my transmission problem will get worse but they couldn't find the problem. Took it in a second time, they kept my car from Friday until Tuesday, got me a rental car, but told me that they couldn't find the transmission problem or why I only got 24 MPG on one tankful when most miles were on the highway. Honda quality is no more, I have purchased 4 Hondas from the same dealership the past 9 years, this Honda will be my last one, I have owned many new cars in my lifetime and this one has to be the worst new car I have ever owned"

Near perfect car

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Handling, tasteful syling, rear seat roominess"

Cons: "Highway ride. Road noise"

"The thing that knocks my socks off with this car is the handling. It seems to know what you are thinking as you drive. Corners like a luxury sports car. The brakes respond to the slightest touch but are not grabby. Four cylinder has amazing power and accelerates up a steep grade like it is on flat ground. The engine is exceptionally quiet. It shifts into passing gear with a whisper yet responds like a rocket. The most responsive accelerator that I ever experienced. Styling is very tasteful. I like the sporty flare that is also sophisticated. Interior is well laid out and nicely finished and detailed. Quality control throughout is flawless. An interesting feature is the roominess of the back seat. Excellent rear seat headroom. Those who travel with adult passengers will really appreciate the backseat. There are some minor let downs and I am being knit picky here. First drawback is the ride. Small bumps , joints, small potholes, ect., are not forgiven. There is a decisive "thump" when hitting them. This not severe but noticeable. The only other thing on my wish list would be a quieter cabin. Again, this is not horrendous but it is one of a couple of small things that remind you that you are not in a luxury car."

Great car with very poor quality.

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Great driving dyanimics and comfort."

Cons: "Suspension issues make be afraid to drive the car."

"Disregarding the reliability and quality issues, this is a great car. The problem is it has had loose front sub frame and loose suspension parts that the dealer has not been able to fully fix."

love this car

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, reliable, fun drive, safety"

"Love this car, and the service we've received from the Honda dealership where we bought it."

Great So Far

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "transmission, engine, value, seat material"

Cons: "Honda app"

"I had my Accord for about 5 months now and no complaints whatsoever. The engine is like butter, you do not feel the jerking motion of switching gears. It is amazing what the car delivers for the $$$."

Very happy so far!

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "Good performance, good MPG, comfortable."

Cons: "Audio/Tech interface a bit clunky."

"We were looking for a vehicle for making trips to see the kids and grandkids. We wanted something comfortable with good MPG. We also wanted a few creature comforts like heated seats and a sunroof. I didn't want a hybrid because I'm not sure it would last the 10-12 years that we drive vehicles. Anyhow, we ended up purchasing an EX-L, 2.4L 4 cyl. w/CVT. We've had the car about 3 weeks and have put 1500 miles on it. 35 MPG at 71-72 MPH. Our mixed use average has been 30 MPG. It looks like a consistent 36 MPG at 65 MPH. Based on prior Honda ownership (a 2003 Civic), I expect the mileage to increase as things break-in. You do have to drive gently to get good mileage. In the city with lot of stop and go and a top speed of 30-40 MPH, you probably won't get much above the low 20s for MPG. The CVT transmission is very smooth and overall performance is responsive. It doesn't feel underpowered at all. Some of complained of loud road noise, but I don't think it is bad at all. The ride is very comfortable. My only real complaint is the technology/audio system. It doesn't seem very integrated. Sometimes you have to look at the top screen, other times you look at the bottom screen. Some other vehicles we tested were better. I like the lane departure warning, forward collision warning and the blind spot camera on the right. The later can be a little distracting, but there are times I wish it was on the left side also! All-in-all, a very nice vehicle that I think we will be happy with for quite awhile."

Very Pleased

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great features, looks, and reliability"

Cons: "lots of features = complicated controls"

"After 1.5 years of driving I am very happy with this car. In particular, having two information screens allows you to view two items, for example music functions and navigation, at the same time vs. other makes with only one screen. The only thing I'd change is the music display has the artist and the song title listed on the same line so they both get truncated. If each was on a different line you could see the entire title, not a biggie. The other thing is that the blower or heater fan is not powerful enough to heat the car quickly enough. Voice recognition on phone book and navigation could be improved."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"I am very happy with car and haven't noticed any problems with noise or handling. I just replaced my 2000 Accord, which I bought new and drove 160,000 miles without issue. After ten years was going to replace, but ended up buying 2011 Pilot to replace a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. I started looking at new luxury cars to replace my Accord, but just couldn't find anything that was sufficiently better to justify spending way more money. After looking at everything else went back and test drove Honda Accord 4 cyl. and V-6 models. Considered a 4 cyl., because it had same HP as my older V-6. Chose V-6, because it was noticeably quieter and smoother when driving. The car looks much more expensive than it is, and has so much more tech. and amenities than older Hondas. Can't think of anything that I would want to add, except maybe a better quality audio system. I have the high end system (for Honda), but it sounds rather average. Since owning, am pleasently surprised at increased fuel efficiency over older Accord. Don't really feel the power in daily commute, but when I step on the gas, it is a real thrill. In my opinion, simply the best family sedan there is. I buy Honda because in my experience, the quality and reliability are unmatched. Keep up the maintenance and you can drive your Honda as long as you desire. And when it's time to sell, the hardest part is chosing who to sell it to amongst all your friends and family eager to take it off your hands."

Worst Honda I have every owned

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Tech system"

"I have had this car into dealer for the same problem numerous times with no resolution.the problem is that the display screen goes blank but will come is I restart the car.i have taken videos of this and showed to dealer and they say if isn't doing it when they have it they can't do anything they did do a software update but didn't help. This to me is they don't have a clue also it rides like a lumber wagon and the seats are very uncomfortable"

Bad confort in driving. Bumpy and rattles.

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Amazing exterior (Luxury), roomy interior"

Cons: "Rattles in cabin, noisy, bumpy"

"I just get a new 2014 LX 2.4. Since the first day the car has 'small' rattles and I can't find them. But it looks that the sounds will be more in the future. Suspension rigid. You can feel every bump and vibration is transmitted into the cabin. I have a VW Jetta 2006 and the driving and riding is quiter and smoother!! I can't believe Honda has reduced the quality of the ACCORD!"

HONDA ACCORD V-6 TOURING 2014

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "WIND NOISE TUSAMI WINDS- wind air leak"

"This a a loaded Honda Accord V-6 Touring with adaptive cruise control loaded. It handles great, dependable and has all the technology one could need in this pice point. The NEGATIVE is the drivers window near your ear lets in so much air you cannot focus on driving. I did test drive the car first with the radio and AC on at low MPH and did not notice the wind noise which sounds like the car window is OPEN. The roads are chosen for you to test he car out under 40 MPH. You bet I brought the car in and explained the concern. The dealer said they could not replicate the noise and found it normal.The service advisor himself explained the TSB fix by HONDA was for the 2013 Accord only and they would not get paid to fix it until a TSB was issued. After reviewing the wind noise concern I located hundreds of wind noise problems for the Accord and many other Hondas. Yes, the car drives great, however, if you have to blast the radio and ac to just drive something is terribly wrong with this vehicle. Yes, called HONDA MANUFACTURING and they said NO TSB fixes were noted for ANY HONDA. Enough SAID! The dealer only sells the car its the manufacturer producing it that should step up. Wind noise has been such a concern for Honda that the new commercial sights how quiet the new Honda is (MINUS) the TUSAMI wind noise. I know HONDA can do MUCH better in the future. Wind noise is heard at 40 MPH or higher or wih any cross winds."

Great car

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Just about everything"

Cons: "Not happy about what the 18" tire are going to cos"

"So the wife and i decided to trade in our RAV 4 for a mid size family sedan. We test drove every model and are so happy with our choice of the Honda Accord Sport. It has everything we want,good trunk size,great gas millage, very comfy room interior(I'm 6"3"), room for both car seats and and then some extra for a third person to fit. I like the way it drives, and the sport mode add the additional paddle shifter for when I want to feel like I'm young again. The technology is pretty easy to use and like the way it is set up. We live in snow country an I am interested to see how it handles the snow. Overall I am very happy to be with the car and that may change in the snow. I told the wife we could always relocate if it is bad in snow, because I do not want to give up this car."

Honda hit a home run with the Accord sport

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

"Paddle shifters, power and handling are great. Fun to drive"

Don't Buy if you Want a soft ride

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Reason: Stiff Suspension

Pros: "Looks, MPG, Interior, Engine, Transmission"

Cons: "Stiffest suspension in history"

"The previous post was spot on. This car is beautiful, the interior is fabulous, MPG is super, and the car is quiet. However, this is the worst riding, stiffest car I've ever been in. Honda needs to go back to the drawing board, and fast, to fix this horrific suspension."

Nice car, too big for me.

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "quiet, better than average gas milage"

Cons: "not fun, limited storage, creepy low to the ground"

"I had a 2001 CRV for 10 years and I have to admit, I miss it like the air I breath. It got terrible gas milage, but it was a fun, wonderful SVU. I own the top of the line Accord and it's the least fun car I've had. I wouldn't buy this car again if I had the choice. Too low to the ground, can't see over the hood, and seats don't fold down to give more storage space from the trunk. What's up with that? I believe this car is made for much older people. Nobody under 60 should own this car. It's just not fun."

Almost perfect

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "Good size; gas mileage; technology"

Cons: "Stiff uncomfortable ride"

"Almost everything positive you've read about this car is true: perfect size; latest technology; great gas mileage; etc. The car would be perfect except for one thing: in an effort to make the car handle well with struts instead of the previous double wishbone suspension, Honda made the suspension so stiff it is unbearable on a daily basis. Every bump, every hole, every seam on every road is felt, and a lot. Even on the highway it is constantly pitching and moving from side to side. Make sure you take a LONG, LONG test drive before buying one. I wish I had."

Awesome gas mileage and comfortable car!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, awesome gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "Needs more storage space by the drivers side"

"I love my car and I'm so impressed by the differences that they have made in just two year. This is my 7th Honda. I'm sold on their vehicles, they are just well designed, comfortable, and definitely reliable. The gas mileage difference was huge. I'm averaging about 32 mpg vs. 25 with my previous 2012 Accord. The car is very comfortable and well laid out. This car is got a ton of technology, which sometimes has hiccups but, for most part works as it is supposed to. The push button ignition is my favorite. I have yet to try the manual shifting but, plan to test it out on an open road where I don't have to worry about getting a ticket. I'm definitely sold on the leather. It seems to keep the car cleaner. The cameras took a bit of getting used to but, know I use them regularly and totally see the benefit. Storage space is ok. The car is fun to drive! I'd would definitely recommend it to others. Definitely worth a test drive if you are in the market. I'm sure that it will handle as it is supposed in during our extreme winters in MN."