2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,809 - $20,815.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

2013 Accord could be better! Bumpy rides!

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Blind spot camera, Rear view camera, Speedometer"

Cons: "Very bumpy ride!"

"The pros pretty much sums up the good part about the 2013 Accord EX-L Coupe. Going to focus on what is wrong with it from an owners perspective. The ride is extremely bumpy for a car this size. During test drive I thought it was the road condition but now realize that it is the car! Research online and you will see that the 2013 model has this exact problem! Honda manufacturer kind of failed on this aspect. Also on the coupe, the side frame blocks the driver's view when looking to the left. Design flaws. Makes me regret getting it. :("

This is an outstanding car.

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Value, Ride, Comfort"

Cons: "Passenger side leg room, radio and driver mirror"

"We bought a 2013 Accord EX-L about 2.5 months ago. We now have ~7k miles on it. This is only the second Honda I have owned. We evaluated most of the vehicles in this class. For the most part, you can’t go wrong. They are all good vehicles and great values. Ultimately, our choice came down to the Ford Fusion SE (Loaded, 1.6 EcoBoost) or the Accord EX-L. We drove each multiple times before making a decision. We went with the Accord because a) it was a little more refined and b) it achieved similar MPG with much simpler technology and c) the reviews on the MFT were so mixed that I just could not get comfortable with it. Truth be told, I wanted to go with the Ford for I wanted to buy American but didn’t for the reasons above. The Accord is very close to perfect. It is extremely comfortable and smooth. Now, here is the really surprising and good news. The MPG has been much better than advertised. All measurements are using the car’s onboard computer so I acknowledge that the accuracy is subject to the manufacturer quality. My extended family lives about 350 miles away. The path there is roughly divided into three equal segments (>100 miles each) that have distinctly different speeds: 70 MPH (drove ~78ish), 60 MPH (drove ~65ish) and 55 (drove 58ish). I reset the computer at each segment. Here are the amazing results (remember, the car Highway is rated at 35 MPG): @ 78MPH – 34.5 MPG, @ 65 MPH – 37 MPG and @ 58ish – 41.3 MPG. I was blown away by those numbers but have to admit it was ideal conditions (flat, Highway). So, we took the car 1,400 miles to Indiana. Round trip including 80+ MPH, Mountains (both ways), 2 days city driving and up to 4 people in the car at times … 34.5MPG!!! Way cool. THINGS THAT ARE LESS THAN PERFECT: The radio sound is lacking bass. It is not exciting. The passenger side leg room is MUCH less than the driver side. The firewall seems to be set at different points. Finally, the driver side mirror has a section that is for blind spots. It is more distracting than helpful. Overall, I paid 27k OTD and thought it was a great value. My wife is the primary driver and absolutely loves it. If I told her “either that car goes or I go”, I am not sure what her answer would be!!! (Kidding)."

Great car with very poor quality.

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Great driving dyanimics and comfort."

Cons: "Suspension issues make be afraid to drive the car."

"Disregarding the reliability and quality issues, this is a great car. The problem is it has had loose front sub frame and loose suspension parts that the dealer has not been able to fully fix."

Great car for the money

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Why nitpick the small stuff"

"You cannot beat this car for the price. Finally the exterior styling is decent again. The interior design rivals cars costing twice as much. Layout is superb. Height challenged people complain about the seats and the head rests. I am over six foot tall and the seats fit like a glove. Interior room is huge, especially the back seat area. It took me the first 5,000 miles to get use to the four cylinder with CVT. I have yet to get less than 30 MPG with this car. It has plenty of power for everyday driving. Trust me, you will not be holding anyone up. The fancy wheels are a real pain to wash. I looked at several cars in the same class. They are all good, within five percent of each other in all aspects. Why did I buy the Honda? I have had them in the past,they work and hold their value over time."

Best Overall Value

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Better than all the others that are 25k or less"

Cons: "Honda - Let me buy an EX-L with a manual!!!"

"I have the EX with the manual transmission. You simply cant beat the combination of performance, fuel economy and purchase price. This is my first Honda and I am in my mid 50's, wish I would of tried one sooner. 0-60 in 6.7 seconds, room for four adults, and averages 31 mpg all for just 25k. Yippie-Ki-Yay"

Love the car, this is my third Honda.

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "I like all the safety features."

Cons: "The only thing I do not like is that the CVT trans"

"The only thing I do not like is that the CVT transmission is very Jerky after the car has sat for a while."

Driver seat designed fr tall driver, uncomfortable

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

Pros: "Good mileage, smooth ride, V6 - fast acceleration"

Cons: "Rusted, bad body assembly. bad sound system."

"1. rusted in some of the engine parts and on axle and all rods on my brand new EX-L V6. Emailed Honda but no reply. Brought back to the dealer and they said rust on new cars is "normal". 2. engine has low hum noise when accelerate. the noise disappear after few minutes but comes back when press the acceleration paddle again. 3. the premium sound system sounds awful. subwoofer is useless. you can't hear the low sound. 4. I drive 440 miles weekly for 1 1/2 year and the average hwy mileage is 31 to 33, never 35. My drive is door to door on hwy and is after midnight, no traffic on the road and I use cruise control all the way. 5. the body and trunk assembly are sluppy unmatched. the rear luggage trunk leaves a 1/2 inche gap. 6. Cruise control speed is not as stable my previous Honda Accord V6. Once set up the cruise speed, you decrease few miles on climbing hills and increase few miles when going down the hills. 7. The driver seat is designed for tall drivers. I am 5'5" and I can hardly see the entire front view. I need a pillow below my bud to have a good view. 8. The fog lights are not working after few months. I have not get a chance to bring it back to fix. The dealer ask for a day to repair. Othewise, Accord should be a very reliable car, easy to drive, fast in acceleration and has the most advance driving technology to help you acess the conditions. even 32 mpg is not too bad, I can still manage driving 440 miles without refill."

A lot of luxary features. Uncomfortable Leather

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Luxary fee. Smooth driving"

Cons: "uncomfortable seats in leather trim."

"I just bough this car ( Accord EXL V6 with Navi) 3 days ago and have driven over 300 miles. The car is nicely built inside out. It has alot of high tech features that you get only in Luxary cars like Acura TL or Lexsus. What really is disappointing is the seats. The seats in leather trim are very uncomfotable not only for the driver but also for the frnt passenger. I have tried every possible combination and have used extra cushions but nothing makes it comfortable. My lower back hurts really bad. It looks like Honda made a cheap bargain on seats. Dont know what may be the solution."

great car and mileage

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "great price, good on gas,"

Cons: "uncomfortable front seats, noisy at high speed,"

"2013 launched new exterior model design. The Accord is a good looking car and interior space is generous. Back seat has plenty of leg room. Very good on gas. The ride is a bit choppy. I feel every dimple in the road. The interior seats lack enough cushion and back support. Its uncomfortable riding for more than a few hours. The driver seat adjusts up/down front/back. Overall seat was not designed for a long distance ride. My biggest complaint is the front passenger seat does not adjust up or down. I'm short, so when I'm seated in passenger side, I'm at an uncomfortable level. Noise level also a bit high when traveling at 60 mph or more. I prefer a 6 cyl model. My next car will be a 6 cyl cross-over. For the price, the Accord a reliable car, with great gas mileage."

Dependable car- lots of wind/road noise

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "good handling, reliability"

Cons: "road, wind, and suspension noise"

"I have a love/hate relationship with this car. I like the handling and reliability of the vehicle. I hate the road, suspension, and wind noise. I wanted to like Honda because they make reliable products, just can't get over how noisy this vehicle is. Will never buy a Honda again."