2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,994 - $20,946.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 212 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Great car for the money

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Why nitpick the small stuff"

"You cannot beat this car for the price. Finally the exterior styling is decent again. The interior design rivals cars costing twice as much. Layout is superb. Height challenged people complain about the seats and the head rests. I am over six foot tall and the seats fit like a glove. Interior room is huge, especially the back seat area. It took me the first 5,000 miles to get use to the four cylinder with CVT. I have yet to get less than 30 MPG with this car. It has plenty of power for everyday driving. Trust me, you will not be holding anyone up. The fancy wheels are a real pain to wash. I looked at several cars in the same class. They are all good, within five percent of each other in all aspects. Why did I buy the Honda? I have had them in the past,they work and hold their value over time."

Best Overall Value

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Better than all the others that are 25k or less"

Cons: "Honda - Let me buy an EX-L with a manual!!!"

"I have the EX with the manual transmission. You simply cant beat the combination of performance, fuel economy and purchase price. This is my first Honda and I am in my mid 50's, wish I would of tried one sooner. 0-60 in 6.7 seconds, room for four adults, and averages 31 mpg all for just 25k. Yippie-Ki-Yay"

Love the car, this is my third Honda.

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "I like all the safety features."

Cons: "The only thing I do not like is that the CVT trans"

"The only thing I do not like is that the CVT transmission is very Jerky after the car has sat for a while."

Great Value and Reliability

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"I've had this car for about 6 months now and I have very few complaints. Bought a certified pre owned EX model because I preferred the cloth seats but wanted a sunroof and I'm still happy with my purchase. Its a major upgrade from the previous generation of accords inside and out. I constantly use the USB memory slot to play music and I haven't touched the tuning of the radio since the day I got it because of its clarity and range. I drive about 8 miles to work each day on highway and city roads and I leave it in the fuel conservation mode (ECO) which gives me around 32-36 MPG on average. Made a 100 mile trip recently and I averaged 38 mpg on the highway even after playing around in the sport mode. Owned an Altima previously and I will admit I think the ride in the Altima is a lot more smooth but the accord corners and accelerates a lot better. Yea so far no complaints, if I do think of one I will make sure to post"

Driver seat designed fr tall driver, uncomfortable

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

Pros: "Good mileage, smooth ride, V6 - fast acceleration"

Cons: "Rusted, bad body assembly. bad sound system."

"1. rusted in some of the engine parts and on axle and all rods on my brand new EX-L V6. Emailed Honda but no reply. Brought back to the dealer and they said rust on new cars is "normal". 2. engine has low hum noise when accelerate. the noise disappear after few minutes but comes back when press the acceleration paddle again. 3. the premium sound system sounds awful. subwoofer is useless. you can't hear the low sound. 4. I drive 440 miles weekly for 1 1/2 year and the average hwy mileage is 31 to 33, never 35. My drive is door to door on hwy and is after midnight, no traffic on the road and I use cruise control all the way. 5. the body and trunk assembly are sluppy unmatched. the rear luggage trunk leaves a 1/2 inche gap. 6. Cruise control speed is not as stable my previous Honda Accord V6. Once set up the cruise speed, you decrease few miles on climbing hills and increase few miles when going down the hills. 7. The driver seat is designed for tall drivers. I am 5'5" and I can hardly see the entire front view. I need a pillow below my bud to have a good view. 8. The fog lights are not working after few months. I have not get a chance to bring it back to fix. The dealer ask for a day to repair. Othewise, Accord should be a very reliable car, easy to drive, fast in acceleration and has the most advance driving technology to help you acess the conditions. even 32 mpg is not too bad, I can still manage driving 440 miles without refill."

A lot of luxary features. Uncomfortable Leather

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Luxary fee. Smooth driving"

Cons: "uncomfortable seats in leather trim."

"I just bough this car ( Accord EXL V6 with Navi) 3 days ago and have driven over 300 miles. The car is nicely built inside out. It has alot of high tech features that you get only in Luxary cars like Acura TL or Lexsus. What really is disappointing is the seats. The seats in leather trim are very uncomfotable not only for the driver but also for the frnt passenger. I have tried every possible combination and have used extra cushions but nothing makes it comfortable. My lower back hurts really bad. It looks like Honda made a cheap bargain on seats. Dont know what may be the solution."

Dependable car- lots of wind/road noise

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "good handling, reliability"

Cons: "road, wind, and suspension noise"

"I have a love/hate relationship with this car. I like the handling and reliability of the vehicle. I hate the road, suspension, and wind noise. I wanted to like Honda because they make reliable products, just can't get over how noisy this vehicle is. Will never buy a Honda again."

great car and mileage

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "great price, good on gas,"

Cons: "uncomfortable front seats, noisy at high speed,"

"2013 launched new exterior model design. The Accord is a good looking car and interior space is generous. Back seat has plenty of leg room. Very good on gas. The ride is a bit choppy. I feel every dimple in the road. The interior seats lack enough cushion and back support. Its uncomfortable riding for more than a few hours. The driver seat adjusts up/down front/back. Overall seat was not designed for a long distance ride. My biggest complaint is the front passenger seat does not adjust up or down. I'm short, so when I'm seated in passenger side, I'm at an uncomfortable level. Noise level also a bit high when traveling at 60 mph or more. I prefer a 6 cyl model. My next car will be a 6 cyl cross-over. For the price, the Accord a reliable car, with great gas mileage."

Great response in driving

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

"Everything is perfect in this car including the room for a family."

Amazing 38 mpg highway; way under-priced value

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Economy, high end power, reliability, low price!"

Cons: "Not a Lexus-like head turner."

"Before I bought this car, I drove every sedan available: Mercedes, Cadillac, Volvo, Lexus, Subaru, Infiniti, Audi, even this same car dressed like an Acura. None was more comfortable. None was as roomy. None was as much fun and responsive, especially at the upper end. All were far more expensive (from $10,000 to $40,000 more except the Subaru which was the most unremarkable car I have ever driven). Using the Consumer Reports reliability ratings and overall ratings, I decided to save the money and try the Accord. Boy! Did I make the right decision! First, I noticed that I sit IN not ON the seats. Then I noticed I could see all around easily. Then I found it easy at my age to enter and exit the car. And with the front seats all the way back, I can still see about three inches between my knees and the back of the front seat (I am 6'2"), and the head room is far better than the BMW 5 Series. STANDARD EQUIPMENT: Real leather; heated power seats; backup and blind spot cameras; FCW; tire pressure monitors; LDW; auto-dimming mirror; comfort, comfort comfort; huge trunk; free mats, splash guards, door edge protection tape; free first year maintenance; proximity, keyless entry; open all the windows from 200 feet away on a hot day; HomeLink; memory driver's seat positioning; and much, much more. And then I began to realize that this 3.5 liter, nearly 300 horsepower engine was getting phenomenal gas mileage. I was looking at 38 and 42 MPG on the highway with a 600 mile range and about 20 CITY, and as of today the OVERALL MPG on this full sized, fully powered, really fine road car stands at exactly 30 MPG. It is a joy to drive, and I do not miss feeling smug because I spent $27,700 instead of $64,000 for the Lexus with its vinyl seats (I could not get my knees under the steering wheel nor my head under the sun roof. Except for its fine, responsive, untorquey steering and lack of that old big car floaty feeling, the whole thing comes really close to that 1953 Hudson Hornet with Twin H power I drove in college. It is that satisfying. And right now I see the private party sale price is almost the same as what I actually paid for it. This is a highly under-rated automobile!"