2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,149 - $20,927.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Shake, Shake and more Shake!!!!!!!!!!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Good Car"

Cons: "Shakes too much for me."

"Owned Toyota's for many years. Figured I would try a Honda Accord EX. Mistake. Car did not ride/drive right from day one. Car and steering wheel shakes between 45 and 80+MPH. Had it back three times and after many road-force checks and wheel balancing failures I am now waiting to see the Honda rep to discuss. Asked for the car to be fixed, replaced or I get my money back so I could then purchase a Toyota."

Very Nice Car for fair weather area's

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Handles great, Brakes feel great, Leg room."

Cons: "Not a winter Car. Hard to clear wipers if frozen"

"So far with only 1000 mi of winter time. Its no Subaru. It will take hours to clear wipers if the get frozen. Im spoiled I have a 2008 Subaru Outback with the all weather package which has a seperate heating coil in the wind shield. Which clear's ice from the blades pretty quick. So far 2 cons #1 The good for one years LS 2 recieved bad rating's and and my experance not good in snow. #2 Bad winter design for the wiper's Other then that I like the car so far"

Check the bluetooth before you buy!

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "love the side camera"

Cons: "blue tooth sucks"

"I drive several miles a day, use my phone in the car for hours on end. Had blue tooth in my kias, it was excellent. the voice recognition in the accord is TERRIBLE. I have to scroll my phone to get to the numbers, not safe. the voice recognition must have been programmed in Japan with someone totally unfamiliar with American pronunciation. What should have been an excellent experience has turned into a potfull of buyers regret. expected more, shame on me for testing everything except the bluetooth. other than that, the car is excellent."

excellent sedan

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

"I have just over 1000 miles on my EX-L V6 Accord, and I couldn't be happier with it. The engine has really good power and mpg too. I can't wait to take it on a longer trip than my normal to and from work."

Best overall of 19 Hondas owned previous.

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Economic, fun to drive, well finished and styled"

Cons: "No moon roof option"

"I've owned Hondas since 1985 when I bought the first new car anyone of any generation of my family had ever purchased. In the time since, I've purchased 3 brand new, 2 very slightly used(under 10K miles)and 14 used. I've owned Accords, Civics, Cr-V s, and a Passport, all with manual transmissions. My family has totaled 5 of them, 3 of which were driven home from the accident scene, all without as much as a skin scratch. All have gone over 200K without any engine or transaxle repair other than routine maintenance (which I do myself.) One, a '92 Civic 5spd, currently has over 355K and gets 42mpg. That being said, the 2013 Accord Sport 6spd is the best of, what I consider, the best car brand sold over the past 28 years. The car is roomy, well finished, comfortable to drive and economic. To date I'm averaging 31.4 mpg on all 22,500 miles driven, occasionally hitting 40+ mpg. I was going to buy a new Accord in 2011 but didn't like the styling of the rear, reminded me of a Saturn. As soon as the styling changed, I was in line to buy one, although it took me until February of 2013 to find one. The only regret that I have with the car is that it doesn't have a moon roof. I find the driver's rearview mirror very functional, contrary to other opinions expressed here. I love the 6spd! Short throw, narrow gates, fabulous driving experience and I drive the car hard. The seats are firm but not stiff, the ride is aggressive but not harsh, and the sound is music to my ears, inside and out! I would agree that the passenger wiper deposits water slightly into the driver sight line, but I have not found that to be an issue. The chrome grill is developing a bubble under the chrome (about the size of the head of a tack) which I'm confident the dealer will rectify when I bring it to his attention. All in all, a great purchase. A lot of car for the money!"

Good fuel economy with CVT.

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Excellent fuel economy, Standard rearview camera,"

Cons: "wind noise, ride quality, useless fog light,"

"I was comparing this car with VW Passat SE 2.5L. The reason why I chose the Accord was fuel economy and reliability. Fuel economy is pretty good. I got 32mpg on 422miles of mixed driving. I'm pretty sure I can squeeze more when I drive for longer trips with mostly hwy driving. The interior is roomy and comfortable. However, the ride quality isn't really good. It's too stiff. I can feel every little bumps on the road. Toyota and VW have better rides than Honda for sure. Also 2013 & 14 accords have wind noise problem around B pillar. Google it and you'll see lots of people complaining. I thought in 2014 model is fixed but mine has one so I'll be visiting honda service dept soon. Another complain I have is since the front seats are low, using the fog lights won't you do any good. You won't notice even if you turn it on. So it's useless. There is no split rear seats and that's a disappointment. Other than that, CVT is impressive. You don't feel like you're driving a CVT. Lane Watch camera is pretty fun and everything else is smooth."

Great Car that Holds Excellent Value

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Great options for price, good styling, great room"

Cons: "Under powered, No Sunroof for Sport"

"It's rated as the highest resale sedan in the US market for decades and that's because the Accord continues to be one of the most reliable and comfortable sedans you can purchase for your money. I've had my Sport sedan for a little over a year now and love it. The only thing I would change is adding some additional horsepower for the size and weight of the car."

Good car with some irritating design flaws

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, planted, roomy, attractive"

Cons: "Design issues reduce driving pleasure"

"I recently bought the 2014 Accord Sport with a 6-speed manual. I think it’s a fine car but a few design oversights, clustered around the driver, are really frustrating–especially when past Honda efforts lead you to expect the details to be well thought out. GOOD - Comfortable - Quiet, planted - Roomy interior - Attractive inside and out ONLY OK - The anti-lock brakes engage too soon (Colorado driver) - Ride could be a little more compliant, especially on concrete roads - Why couldn’t I get the v-6 with the manual transmission? While the drivetrain is adequate, the 4-cyl is kind of a paper tiger DESIGN ISSUES - The windshield wipers leave the residue line right in front of the driver’s line of sight - The console is located so far back that only the point of my elbow can rest on it - The sun visor sticks right into your forehead when you rotate it to the side - The driver’s side rear view mirror has a convex section that makes you nauseous every time you look at it - The rear seat folds down only as a block; stupid"

2013 Saved my life

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Safety, Size, Manual Transmission Option,"

Cons: "Hill assist, Bi-fold mirror, Trunk Noises at idle,"

"I had a 2013 which was hit head on by a drunk driver about 2 weeks after purchasing it. The car saved my life. The Drunk was in a full sized truck, and although the Accord was totaled, i do not think i would be writing this if it were not for that car. I went out and purchased a 2014 sport with a 6-speed to replace the LX in which i had prior. The differences between the 13 and 14 are very small, although the 14 has better paint. I am 6'2" tall, there is still enough room behind me for my father who is 6'4" to fit without his knees touching the back of my seat. I love this car, it is big, the 4cyl is plenty quick (0-60 6.5 with the manual) and i average 29MPG. Cost to fill is about 38.00 at 3.19 a gallon. I typically get 445-525 miles per tank. (Not broken in yet) The trunk is huge, the body lines make it look like a much more expensive car. BAD: There is a lot of cabin noise from exhaust notes at idle. I don't think the trunk has enough sound proofing. It doesn't bother me yet, but i am sure it will get annoying. The hill assist is really more of a problem then help, as it doesn't always work, changes the grab point of the clutch, and makes entering an intersection on a hill "interesting". There is a bi-fold in the mirror, which is really stupid.. They claim it helps with blind spots, but if you know how to drive, this will get annoying.. (Changed the mirror glass with a 2012 mirror glass) Verdict: I would recommend this car to anyone who needs a bigger car, its comfortable, gets great MPG, and looks sharp. It's very safe "Proved that", and since it is a honda, it will likely run forever."

Great car

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, love all the cameras and warnings."

Cons: "None that I've found so far"

"I will be sorry when the lease ends, but I may buy it then. Haven't finished testing it in econo mode but have gotten over 36 mpg at 70 mph. But one has great acceleration if one wants it. Best of all worlds."