2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,959 - $20,795.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next

Do NOT buy the Navi option

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

"Honda confirmed today that is not and will not be possible to turn off the 'beep' that occurs every time you click. Huh? This is a software change (deficiency). You've got to be kidding me. Using the system is akin to conditioned response from electric shock. You learn to avoid it."

This is by far the best vehicle I've owned

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "good driving experience, great mileage"

Cons: "some road noise"

"I can't say enough about this car. The estimated mpg highway was listed at 36 but I usually get around 40 mpg when I use the eco assist feature. I love the redesign both inside and out. The engine is a 2.4 liter but has plenty of power and acceleration and is very quiet. The ride is also very smooth but there is road noise on bad roads. I would definitely recommend this car. It also has a very good resale value compared to other makes."

competent and probably best value for the money

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "great performance and gas mileage"

Cons: "HondaLink is a work in progress"

"I recently purchased the 2013 Honda Accord V6 without Navi. I drove a 1998 Accord Coupe V6 for nearly 15 years. The cost of maintaining it became unreasonable. The new car is quite exceptional. The power and acceleration are the best that I've experienced in a front wheel drive car. The 0-60 time is reported to be 6.1 in drive mode and 5.6 in sport mode. I haven't tested these numbers, but it is very quick to accelerate to highway speed. The gas mileage is beyond my expectations. On level roadways at 60 mph, the mpg averages 42. At 70 to 75, the mpg averages in the high 30's. In the 40 to 50 mph range, expect 50 mpg plus. In real world driving, stop lights and hills are expected, so the average mpg will go down somewhat. I averaged 39 mpg on a trip from Georgetown, SC to Columbia, SC. This is far better than received on my 1978 Datsun B210, once a benchmark for fuel economy in the late 70's. On the negative side, road noise is still an issue at highway speeds. The road surface is the big determinate in noise. I was disappointed in the noise cancellation program not being able to handle the noise and even questioned if it is working or not. The HondaLink is fraught with problems. It has crashed on start forcing a restart of the car to correct. The radio will sometimes freak out and sound terrible and not respond to input. Again, parking and restarting the car may resolve the issue. Hopefully, a firmware fix from Honda will correct the problems. The transmission is smooth but will downshift below 35 mph lower gears. This is somewhat distracting when I expect the car to coast with my foot off of the brake instead of downshifting."

You get what you pay for....

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "looks, comfort, luxury, power, interior and VALUE"

Cons: "none !!!!!"

2013 Accord EX

"I have had this car for approximately one month and am thoroughly pleased with it. The quality and craftsmanship shows inside and out. It drives, handles and runs like a upper scale luxury car and is a pleasure to drive, some people have even mistaken it for an Acura. The only item i have had some difficulty adjusting to is the CVT transmission but i am quickly finding out that this is a smooth and proven drive train which makes the car very economical. Mileage approx. 28-30mpg in town and approaching 37mpg on the highway. This is the best vehicle i have purchased and it will be in my garage for some time to come. WELL DONE HONDA, this car is a home run !!!!!!"

2013 Accord EX

Accord EX-L is Outstanding

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, powerful, excellent mpg"

Cons: "Somewhat firm ride"

"I have had my new Accord for about 10 days and I am very happy with it. I purchased the Accord EX-L 4-cylinder (w/o Navi). Previously, I owned three Camrys over the last 29 years. The Accord is a high quality, well built car. Very comfortable, easy to drive, plenty of power, quiet, and refined. It has a little stiffer ride than my '02 Camry, but feels heavier and holds the road much better. The features on the EX-L are outstanding including the rear-view and right lane-changing cameras. Connectivity is great for my iPod, iPad, and flash drive for music and I do not even use a smart phone! The mpg is as expected, if not even better. No doubt this car will average around 30 mpg for a basic mixture of driving. The Accord is the top-rated mid-sized sedan by Consumer Reports and I can say that it is very true. I highly recommend the Accord after being a loyal Toyota owner."

excellent ride

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Cons: "FWD and text messaging poor!!!"

"This is my third accord and it exceeds the previous ones by a mile. Very comfortable ride and more room inside yet smaller outside. Handles smoothly and very responsive. The FWD does not provide a warning in a timely fashion. My text messaging feature still does not work. I spoke to Honda and went to my dealer three times, going back next week. I have 1300 miles. This is the only problems so far. Excellent gas mileage. Display very friendly."

Sporty but sensible

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, yet responsible."

Cons: "Navigation cost is too high. Use your phone's GPS"

"I bought the 2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6. This car has some serious gallup for a "family" car, competing well with other V6's in its class. The 5-star safety rating is great, and the interior accouterments are second to none in its class. This car quite easily competes with much higher priced luxury cars due to its refinements, but at a much lower price."

Head of the class!

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Fuel Economy, roominess, sporty feel"

Cons: "Stereo still lags Toyota"

"Test drove this car along with the Camry, Fusion, Altima, Sonota, Optima, Malibu. The Accord had the most complete package - gas mileage, head room, styling, tech features, and overall value. In first 3500 miles have averaged 31.8 MPG with less than 600 highway miles! You can compare for yourself, but for me the Accord is at the head of the class!"

Nice car for the money

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Nice car,lots of power and very responsive"

Cons: "Smaller center console than my 04 accord"

"The split drivers side view mirror takes some getting used to, and the noise cancellation on the radio made more noise that the noise itself so I shut it off. Has a lot of power and the new six speed transmission has nice shifting patterns to it at all speeds and load ranges, but downshifts a bit hard.I opted for Hondas remote system II, and did not find out until after it was installed that it shuts the car off when you try to get in . No where could I find or was told of this until after the installation.You also have to carry both(2) remotes with you. NOT a very well thought idea I think. I called Honda of America to voice my concerns of over working the starting system(battery,starter,ect) and opened a case with them for the future if needed. This has been a real thorn in my side, but I am stuck with it now,and I keep my cars 9-10 years as a rule. Had i known, I would have installed a much cheaper after market remote starting system,one that does not shut off the car or have the need for two remotes."

Decent value

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Nicely put together and good bang 'fer the buck!"

"In this day and age to get good value is a hard thing to define. Having come off as an owner of 4 BMW's(2x 3series, 2x 5 series)in the last 6 years, I think this car ranks up there as a really nice ride for the money spent. 2013 Sport edition got my attention and I've had 4 months and a long road trip up and over I-10 and Chicago back to NY. No complaints and I didn't have to pay for premium gas either!! A lot of car here and decent looks ta'boot! Complaint ...? None to speak of. 5/5 stars! Note: Work to get the best value for your trade, walk away and let'em know you mean business."

OUTSTANDING EX-L V6

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, INTERIOR COMFORT, TECHNOLOGY"

Cons: "CUP HOLDERS ARE A BIT SMALL"

"Compared to the competition, the Accord puts the others to shame. Performance is outstanding while offering outstanding gas mileage. We just returned from a trip of 1850 miles and averaged 32.4 mpg. Between stops along the interstate, we averaged as high as 36mpg and as low as 32.4. The seats are great and all of the new technology adds to the pleasure of driving. The cameras are great too. What a winner!!"

Honda's Best Accord Ever

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

"This car is very worthy of being voted car of the year by the Canadian automotive journalists (AJAC).I have driven Honda cars since 1988 and this is definitely the Best one Honda has brought to the market.They have made a number of refinements which are noticeable to the driver/occupant.To me the biggest engineering improvement is the combination of the CVT and the DI engine.I have the EX-L Nav 4cyl and the way it responds you would almost think you were driving a 6cyl.Don't just take my word for it test drive one yourself.Honda have mastered tuning and programing this CVT to this engine.It is a fun quiet car to drive.The new macpherson struts,tuning,and new seat design offers up a smoother ride from previous generations.I won't go into all the other desirable features but Honda have really nailed this one"

Fun then good resale.

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun and value."

Cons: "Leather steering wheel feels plastic."

"My choice for my 5th straight Honda was the 2013 Sport manual transmission because if you like a stick this car is sporty enough to deserve one. It's got lots of power yet is pleasant to drive at slow speeds too. It has a long power band once into 2nd gear. And 3rd and 4th will wind out way more than almost anybody would dare to try. It's not a BMW but it's not $15,000 more either! Some people might not like the exhaust growl but, hey, it's a sport sedan and Honda took a stand. The 18 inch wheels are slick! And whenever you sell it you'll get a good buck. Honda's prevent people from going broke on cars so buy one."

My view after driving this car for 1000 miles

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Room, power, it just wants to go"

Cons: "little rough when starting from 0"

"I previously owned a 2001 Honda Accord DX, which I drove for 230K miles with little trouble. About a month ago we bought a new Honda LX, automatic, and I have to tell you that I'm impressed. This car looks really great. Proud to have something looking so good in the driveway. The car loves highways, anything over 50 MPH and it just wants to go. It has enough power, its quiet, and its perfectly happy to go any distance. Traveled 60 miles yesterday and got close to 40 MPG. I find it a little rough when driving off from a parking spot, but then eagerly wants to go. This is a car to be driven, just go the miles, and it'll make you smile."

Great car for the value. Could have been better

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "excelent drive with lot of new luxary features"

Cons: "interior could be better"

"I owned Camry LE 2009 and decided to trade in for new 2013 accord EXL V6 with navigation. The car is far superior to all other non luxary mid size sedan in driving and V6 engine really lives up to its promise when more power is needed. The ECon is good for both highways as well as city roads and I am getting combined 24 mpg average which is nice. The best feature of the car is rearview camera and navigation which are easy to set up and use. It has nice interior which I belive could have been better. The materials used for seat belts feels cheap. The leather could have also been better. It feels little stiff and will not give the feel of good cushion that you may find in other sedans. Among its technologies, I think Front Collision Warning and Lane Departure system are both in accuarate and are over reactive. They need serious improvement for future editions. Also yestersay as it was raining here in southren california, we found that visibility through windscreen was not as great as it could be. Over all great car for great price."

From the Class of '62

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "A car owner since 1962, best ever owned!"

Cons: "I haven't found one thing I would change!"

"Amazing, when we heard the 2013 improvements in style, fuel economy and safety, not necessarily in that order we had to see a '13 Honda Accord "Touring" which was hard to find. We owned a 2012 Honda Accord with all the bells and whistles which we loved we had to see not only the new Accord but the "Touring" version. The new led headlights and general lighting system blew our minds. We just didn't want to upgrade for the sake of just an upgrade. We had to do it with a "Touring" version, the Honda dealers were having trouble getting or stocking. We said we would wait, and finally we found one, only one in inventory of Inver Grove Honda, here in Minnesota. We claimed it immediately, and we couldn't drive away with it fast enough. We love everything about it, as we are confident you will too. Try and find one to test drive..... good luck!"

Great car. Even better than expected!

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Fuel mileage, responsiveness, safety and comfort ."

Cons: "Adding a driver side camera would be great."

"This is my 6th Honda and I keep them for 150,000 to 200,000 miles. I considered changing but after a great deal of research decided on the Accord EX-L 6. No complaints. Quiter than in the past and more responsive. Climate control system is great. When using Econ at 60 mph, I have achieved 37 mpg. On the Interstate at 75-80 I get 31 to 32 mpg. The lane warning, approach warning and side cameras are safety features that, prior to 2013, were found only on higher end cars. Love the car."

Great value - lots of nice new features

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "Provides excellent value, nice driving experience"

Cons: "Minor - Stiff ride, rearview camera"

"This is my 6th Honda Accord. Interior is roomy and trunk space is excellent. Love the display features and the gas mileage. Ride is a bit stiff. Noise cancellation system is good and is a new feature but still wind noise comes in. Love the heating/cooling system and the nicely laid out controls. The fan is a bit noisy. Controls are nicely laid out. I have seen only 33 mpg so far and not the 36 so far - may be because it is a new car and the cylinder and piston have to work in. Warranty could be better. The CVT feature is great - smooth transitions."

A lot of luxary features. Uncomfortable Leather

By on Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pros: "Luxary fee. Smooth driving"

Cons: "uncomfortable seats in leather trim."

"I just bough this car ( Accord EXL V6 with Navi) 3 days ago and have driven over 300 miles. The car is nicely built inside out. It has alot of high tech features that you get only in Luxary cars like Acura TL or Lexsus. What really is disappointing is the seats. The seats in leather trim are very uncomfotable not only for the driver but also for the frnt passenger. I have tried every possible combination and have used extra cushions but nothing makes it comfortable. My lower back hurts really bad. It looks like Honda made a cheap bargain on seats. Dont know what may be the solution."

Met all maintenance recommendations; Car is loved!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Excellent service, nice to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Have no cons"

"Vehicle has been well maintained and met all manufacturers recommendations for maintenance. Drive like a charm. Have never had any problems with the car!"

Great Car, Almost a perfect mid-size!

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, visibilty, interior"

"Bought the EX in November and I couldn't be happier. Looks good and has great visibility-one of the reasons I didn't go Sonota/Optima. Love push button start, and Lane Watch. Averageing almost 30MPG with mixed driving! Classy interior!"

Excellent Car - Great Value for money

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Excellent drive, great std. features"

Cons: "Inaccurate TPMS in adverse weather conditions"

"I own LX with CVT , have been driving this car for a month and drive is just excellent. Great standard features. Deducted one point only because TPMS (tire pressure) is not accurate.In adverse weather conditions , gives false alarm."

Very happy with the new Accord

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

"I picked up the new Accord after test driving several competitors. The number of features for the money is what makes it best in class. The Accord is a very balanced and premium feeling car. I think it's easily the best midsize sedan on the market."

Love It!!

By on Sunday, December 16, 2012

Pros: "great car"

Cons: "more storage/ option for manual/ display tire pres"

"Replaced my 2011 Chevy Malibu with the 2013 Honda Touring addition. My Honda gets better gas mileage than the 4 cyl Malibu and has way more power. I absolutely love everything about the car especially the safety features, leather, Navigation, power, gas mileage and all the cameras. I do however wish the car had a manual/automatic shifter or at least lower gears you can downshift to. also with all the features it has you would think it would show you the tire pressure in each tire instead of manually having to do it."

Good Vehicle with some Flaws

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Great Price for the features offered"

"Car is excellent value for money, but the CVT is not perfect. it jerks a bit at slow/in town speeds. Gas mileage is very good for a mid sized car. Thought of buying the 2012 Camry, but the array of standard features offered in the Accord got me sold. Ride is a bit stiffer/ on the harsh side compared to the Camry. Overall look and feel of the car is excellent. Road noise could have been on the lesser side. Not as quite, but better than the previous generation. Hope they improvise on these nitty gritty issues in the 2014 version :-)"

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next