2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,149 - $20,926.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 152 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next

excellent sedan

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

"I have just over 1000 miles on my EX-L V6 Accord, and I couldn't be happier with it. The engine has really good power and mpg too. I can't wait to take it on a longer trip than my normal to and from work."

Best overall of 19 Hondas owned previous.

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Economic, fun to drive, well finished and styled"

Cons: "No moon roof option"

"I've owned Hondas since 1985 when I bought the first new car anyone of any generation of my family had ever purchased. In the time since, I've purchased 3 brand new, 2 very slightly used(under 10K miles)and 14 used. I've owned Accords, Civics, Cr-V s, and a Passport, all with manual transmissions. My family has totaled 5 of them, 3 of which were driven home from the accident scene, all without as much as a skin scratch. All have gone over 200K without any engine or transaxle repair other than routine maintenance (which I do myself.) One, a '92 Civic 5spd, currently has over 355K and gets 42mpg. That being said, the 2013 Accord Sport 6spd is the best of, what I consider, the best car brand sold over the past 28 years. The car is roomy, well finished, comfortable to drive and economic. To date I'm averaging 31.4 mpg on all 22,500 miles driven, occasionally hitting 40+ mpg. I was going to buy a new Accord in 2011 but didn't like the styling of the rear, reminded me of a Saturn. As soon as the styling changed, I was in line to buy one, although it took me until February of 2013 to find one. The only regret that I have with the car is that it doesn't have a moon roof. I find the driver's rearview mirror very functional, contrary to other opinions expressed here. I love the 6spd! Short throw, narrow gates, fabulous driving experience and I drive the car hard. The seats are firm but not stiff, the ride is aggressive but not harsh, and the sound is music to my ears, inside and out! I would agree that the passenger wiper deposits water slightly into the driver sight line, but I have not found that to be an issue. The chrome grill is developing a bubble under the chrome (about the size of the head of a tack) which I'm confident the dealer will rectify when I bring it to his attention. All in all, a great purchase. A lot of car for the money!"

Good fuel economy with CVT.

By on Friday, December 27, 2013

Pros: "Excellent fuel economy, Standard rearview camera,"

Cons: "wind noise, ride quality, useless fog light,"

"I was comparing this car with VW Passat SE 2.5L. The reason why I chose the Accord was fuel economy and reliability. Fuel economy is pretty good. I got 32mpg on 422miles of mixed driving. I'm pretty sure I can squeeze more when I drive for longer trips with mostly hwy driving. The interior is roomy and comfortable. However, the ride quality isn't really good. It's too stiff. I can feel every little bumps on the road. Toyota and VW have better rides than Honda for sure. Also 2013 & 14 accords have wind noise problem around B pillar. Google it and you'll see lots of people complaining. I thought in 2014 model is fixed but mine has one so I'll be visiting honda service dept soon. Another complain I have is since the front seats are low, using the fog lights won't you do any good. You won't notice even if you turn it on. So it's useless. There is no split rear seats and that's a disappointment. Other than that, CVT is impressive. You don't feel like you're driving a CVT. Lane Watch camera is pretty fun and everything else is smooth."

Great Car that Holds Excellent Value

By on Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Pros: "Great options for price, good styling, great room"

Cons: "Under powered, No Sunroof for Sport"

"It's rated as the highest resale sedan in the US market for decades and that's because the Accord continues to be one of the most reliable and comfortable sedans you can purchase for your money. I've had my Sport sedan for a little over a year now and love it. The only thing I would change is adding some additional horsepower for the size and weight of the car."

Good car with some irritating design flaws

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, planted, roomy, attractive"

Cons: "Design issues reduce driving pleasure"

"I recently bought the 2014 Accord Sport with a 6-speed manual. I think it’s a fine car but a few design oversights, clustered around the driver, are really frustrating–especially when past Honda efforts lead you to expect the details to be well thought out. GOOD - Comfortable - Quiet, planted - Roomy interior - Attractive inside and out ONLY OK - The anti-lock brakes engage too soon (Colorado driver) - Ride could be a little more compliant, especially on concrete roads - Why couldn’t I get the v-6 with the manual transmission? While the drivetrain is adequate, the 4-cyl is kind of a paper tiger DESIGN ISSUES - The windshield wipers leave the residue line right in front of the driver’s line of sight - The console is located so far back that only the point of my elbow can rest on it - The sun visor sticks right into your forehead when you rotate it to the side - The driver’s side rear view mirror has a convex section that makes you nauseous every time you look at it - The rear seat folds down only as a block; stupid"

2013 Saved my life

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Safety, Size, Manual Transmission Option,"

Cons: "Hill assist, Bi-fold mirror, Trunk Noises at idle,"

"I had a 2013 which was hit head on by a drunk driver about 2 weeks after purchasing it. The car saved my life. The Drunk was in a full sized truck, and although the Accord was totaled, i do not think i would be writing this if it were not for that car. I went out and purchased a 2014 sport with a 6-speed to replace the LX in which i had prior. The differences between the 13 and 14 are very small, although the 14 has better paint. I am 6'2" tall, there is still enough room behind me for my father who is 6'4" to fit without his knees touching the back of my seat. I love this car, it is big, the 4cyl is plenty quick (0-60 6.5 with the manual) and i average 29MPG. Cost to fill is about 38.00 at 3.19 a gallon. I typically get 445-525 miles per tank. (Not broken in yet) The trunk is huge, the body lines make it look like a much more expensive car. BAD: There is a lot of cabin noise from exhaust notes at idle. I don't think the trunk has enough sound proofing. It doesn't bother me yet, but i am sure it will get annoying. The hill assist is really more of a problem then help, as it doesn't always work, changes the grab point of the clutch, and makes entering an intersection on a hill "interesting". There is a bi-fold in the mirror, which is really stupid.. They claim it helps with blind spots, but if you know how to drive, this will get annoying.. (Changed the mirror glass with a 2012 mirror glass) Verdict: I would recommend this car to anyone who needs a bigger car, its comfortable, gets great MPG, and looks sharp. It's very safe "Proved that", and since it is a honda, it will likely run forever."

Great car

By on Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, love all the cameras and warnings."

Cons: "None that I've found so far"

"I will be sorry when the lease ends, but I may buy it then. Haven't finished testing it in econo mode but have gotten over 36 mpg at 70 mph. But one has great acceleration if one wants it. Best of all worlds."

Great car for the money

By on Saturday, December 14, 2013

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Why nitpick the small stuff"

"You cannot beat this car for the price. Finally the exterior styling is decent again. The interior design rivals cars costing twice as much. Layout is superb. Height challenged people complain about the seats and the head rests. I am over six foot tall and the seats fit like a glove. Interior room is huge, especially the back seat area. It took me the first 5,000 miles to get use to the four cylinder with CVT. I have yet to get less than 30 MPG with this car. It has plenty of power for everyday driving. Trust me, you will not be holding anyone up. The fancy wheels are a real pain to wash. I looked at several cars in the same class. They are all good, within five percent of each other in all aspects. Why did I buy the Honda? I have had them in the past,they work and hold their value over time."

one of the best i ever had

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "its kinda expensive buts its worth to have it"

Cons: "the middle console is to small"

"i like the body style and the most important of all is the new safety features coz i had the 2014 touring model..."

really nice car

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

"Very comfortable and plenty of power"

great car

By on Thursday, November 21, 2013

I want this car

"Looks very nice"

Excellent Choice! 2013 Honda Accord EXL V6

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Economical, fun to drive, luxurious, awesome!"

Cons: "cheap controls"

"This is my first new car purchase. I most admit that I am a Honda fan so this might be a bit biased. The new design of the 2013 Honda Accord is remarkable. I have owned the previous 3 generations of the Accord and I must say that the newly designed Accord looks the best. The conservative style is truly elegant and the LED running lights look great! I heavily researched this Accord because I plan on keeping it for the long haul. The interior has been architected for comfort. I know some people have their seating issues, but I believe that this Accord is more comfortable than the previous generation (we had a 2010 EXL V6). Furthermore, the road noise on the previous generation was absolutely horrible. However, my only complaint with this vehicle are the control dials for volume and media control. Other than that, this Accord is perfect! Not to mention they come with Michelin Primacys -- excellent tires!"

REAL UNCOMFORTABLE DRIVER SEAT

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "Mpg great"

Cons: "road noise , seat comfort , no homelink"

"The driver seat is very uncomfortable. Once you are in the seat there is no wiggle room and your back get hot. I am 5'9" 160 pounds. I also found the shape of seat make your back bend forward and long distance driving a real PAIN. My Honda dealer changed the seat back which made it more comfortable but I still get HOT spots on my back from rubbing on the leather seat."

Best mid-size Sporty sedan.

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Mentioned in 'Complete review.'"

Cons: "Trying hard to find even one."

"This is certainly the BEST mid-size sedan. I've had Sport CVT for about a month now and have driven it for around 3000 miles; I've got to say that no other car in this segment can beat Accord. If you compare this with Camry, Passat, Malibu, or even higher segment sedans (Acura, Lexus, etc.,) you will still find Accord to be a better buy than most others. I cannot really find any negatives about this vehicle. Some of the positives about Accord are: Great Mileage. Very Sporty. Best Interior Design. Good Exterior Design. Lots of Standard Features - even more than higher segments. Very Reliable. Comfortable for Long Drives. Very Safe w/ lots of Standard Safety Features - including side Airbags. Fun to Drive and Sit. Acts both as a Performance/Fun Car and a Regular Commute. Please note that Hondas usually take about 5000-7000 miles to "break-in" and deliver exceptional performance. Hence, if you don't see the level of promised performance from your brand-new Honda, just wait until you hit these many miles and you'll see a drastic difference. For the first 2000 miles or so, please be gentle with your new car (no revving up the engine, etc.)"

Very Bumpy

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Nice engine and transmission."

Cons: "Uncomfortable, bumpy ride"

"I've had this car for 3 years, and I found the ride very uncomfortable. Every little dip in the road transfers right into the cabin. At first, I thought it was a defect, but when I took it in, the dealership said that all the 2013 and 2014 models are like this because Honda changed the suspension system in 2013. I'm surprised that I don't see more of this issue in the reviews. If you want a comfortable, smooth ride, do not buy a Honda Accord 2013 or 2014."

sleek safe techy sedan w/ v6 pep fun to drive

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "understated comfort and luxury appointments, fast"

2014 Honda Accord EXL V6

"v6 has plenty of pep to slip into highway from entrance ramp or pass. variable cylinder technology allows highway mpg in 27-29 range. Leather seats with warmers very stylish and comfortable even on long trip. Console design easy to read and intuitive. Simple synch with smartphone. Very safe with surrounding airbags, high visibility with low belt line, and rear view and right side blind spot cameras."

2014 Honda Accord EXL V6

Very disappointing

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

"I thought i was buying a reliable Honda which would last me many years. Instead I bought a lemon! This being a new design model has likely added to the fact that there are many bugs Honda has yet to work out... At only 7000 miles did i start experiencing electrical issues. The check engine, tire pressure, vehicle assist, and power steering all illuminated unexpectedly and the vehicle immediately lost power and would not accelerate past 40 mph. I brought the car to the dealer the next day in which they reset the "vehicle codes". The car drove fine for about 300 miles until the issue happened again. To make a long story short, this issue occurred 3 times in which the dealer replaced the throttle body and the ECU. The car drove for about 600 miles after replacing the ECU until it happened for a 4th time. At this point I was fed up with constantly driving to the dealer and for them to tell me the issue was fixed each time when it clearly wasn't. It seemed no one could pinpoint the problem and for a new car to experience this is unacceptable. I ultimately complained enough to Honda and expressed that I thought this car was a lemon, they finally decided to give me my money back rather than wait for me to legally act upon it which i had every right to do. Aside from all this the car drove and handled well, all the features were pretty nice including the rear view camera and all the audio options available. I would just be extremely careful from now on before purchasing a brand new design model, I was probably better off buying a 2012 or waiting a few years for a '15. With all the gadgets and sensors the new cars have today, you'll likely run into these electrical issues with any new design, its probably best going with a proven model thats been around a few years."

Out of 5 New Honda(s) worst one I ever owned

By on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "electrical problems, jerky transmission, bad seat"

"This car has had nothing but electrical problems since day one and Honda is unable to fix it. Spent all most as much time in the dealers garage as it has mine. Honda Motor Co. in California refuses to honor the Alabama Lemon Law so I'm stuck with it. Trying to get rid of it so if you like this 2013 Honda so much make me an offer."

I Love This Car

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Lane Watch Camera, Trunk space"

Cons: "Back seat leg room"

"This is my first new car, I'm 31 and I've only been driving a little over a year. I've only had this car for a month and I've been on vacation so I don't have many miles on it. I purchased this at a great price. Prior I drove a 96 Galant. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I call it my night rider lol. Love the trunk space, sync to iPhone, lane camera and backup camera. I'm concerned about the back seat leg space but I have had anyone back there yet. As far as the front seat I have plenty of leg room and I'm 5'10. I have no complaints. I'm just waiting to see how it holds up to the winters we get in Upstate New York"

wouldnt trade it for nothing

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "very fun 2drive, full of power & all the tech toys"

Cons: "wish it had the cameras on drivers mirrors."

"put the 19in hfp diamond cut wheels and you make cars at stoplights bow down to you!!! More bells & whistles for the price than anthing in its price point!!! Back up cameras, bling spot cameras, customize large lcd displays, side cameras, 0-60 in less than 6.8 secs, REG unleaded, two toned/two toned stitched leather, and the list goes on!!!"

i Love My New Honda Accord (:

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "New MID Screen with all new Saftey features"

"I Just Recenlty Bought my New Honda Accord 2013 at Holman Honda from Christopher Rodriguez had such a Fun and easy going time buying my car , I love everything about the new Honda Accord very differnt form the older models has the New MID Screen which was intorduced in 2012 with the Honda Civic and in 2013 the Sports model is the Best chocie with Value and so much to offer , great Quality and even better Reliabilty."

Fast and great MPG... who knew it was possible!

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "Power when you want it , MPG when you need it"

Cons: "It is really easy to speed in this car =)"

"I was looking for the fastest car I could find, that got the best gas mileage, and could be driven in winter. I found a jewel... the Honda Accord EX-L V-6. This car is comfortable on long rides and gets impressive gas mileage for a 280HP car! Using the econ button I can cruise on the highway and easily get the 34MPG it claims it can get. When you turn off the econ and the traction control you can unlease the beast! The accord comes to life with a growl and it makes you want more. In the corners thier is slight body roll and you can get on the power fast to power through. This car is a prime example of a wolf in sheeps clothing. Just you are in control when that WOLF decideds to growl! Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money for the EX-L V-6, you will thank yourself later."

The best bang for the buck

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Style, technology, options, V6 Power, gas mileage"

Cons: "Ride is choppy"

"I've owned my Black Pearl V6 EX -L w/ navi for approximately 4 months now and I've put almost 4k miles on it. The pros about this car are many. My favorite aspect about this car is the available power. It is quick, especially when passing or in a straight line! However, it isn't a sport car. At speed around a corner, you can tell there is a family sedan suspension on the chassis, not a formula 1's. The technology package and options that come with the EX-L give you a great value for the dollar. The seats are comfortable and Honda has done a good job reducing the road noise that was characteristic of many previous models - like my '05 Accord Coupe. A lot of professional reviews complain about the navi system, the three tier layout etc. Don't believe the negative hype. The car has many features that can be customized to suit your particular needs. Gas mileage is excellent. On a 1k mile round trip i averaged 35.5 mpg at 78 mph. That is with the eco button on the entire way. The only complaint I have is the ride quality in city driving. On the highway it is an excellent road car. In city driving the ride can be annoyingly choppy - at least here in Arkansas. Despite that minor irritation, the car is excellent. I highly recommend the E-XL V6 over the Touring. The only difference is adaptive cruse control and about $4,000. It isn't worth it. I test drove 2 Touring trims but, obviously settled with the EX-L."

Better than the 2009 EX model I drove as a lease.

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Good value & fuel economy."

Cons: "Build quality, feature deletions."

"Honda going cheap on some features (like another Japanese brand) - deleting some adding some. No more sliding center armrest, no split folding rear seat ( I prefer a split folding feature for my needs). Rear brakes still make clunking noises (dealer suggests aftermarket brake pads). Navigation needs updating-is outdated on features/functions. That's why no navi model for me. Overall still a good value."

No garage door opener on an EX,

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "Drives and looks good"

Cons: "no GARAGE DOOR OPENER, or AUTO DIMMING MIRROR."

"I bought this for my daughter as she insisted on this car. Car drives great but the mileage is around 30mpg on daily commute. Car looks great but the seats are not the best. There is no GARAGE DOOR OPENER on an EX. It does not have AUTO DIMMING MIRROR. I don't care how good the car is, these are basic necessities in 21st century. EX which is one up from Sport model and only has one exhaust tail pipe compared to the sport. I think this brand will go down if Honda keep this up (just like Acura)."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next