2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,878 - $20,745.

10/8.2

8.1

Based on 179 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Quite and comfortable Fun to Drive

By on Thursday, April 03, 2014

Pros: "Priced right for all that you get, V6 has zip"

Cons: "No light in glove box?"

"I have owned this vehicle for 4 month i find it a fun car to drive it is both quite and comfortalbe and the V6 has a lot of get up and go"

Excellent car

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Pros: "Attractive appearance, excellent MPG"

"I bought this brand new car with all cash. I love this car. Excellent MPG and a great appearance (mine is white). Only reason I am selling is that I need AWD. Please do not contact me for unsolicited service or offers. Thank you!"

Quality car for the money

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, holds value, and decent looking"

Cons: "not enough storage space. No split rear seats."

"It is nothing flashy. It gets the job done and holds its value. If nothing this car is about as smart of a financial decision I could of made when buying a new car. I wanted the Lexus IS250 but they lose there value to fast. For someone with a son and plenty of bills to pay this was the smart (albeit not the most fun) decision I could of made!"

Very nice car

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, good power, nice interior."

Cons: "Firm ride, touchy brakes."

"No car is perfect and every review is biased by the person's prior auto experiences. So... my 4 cylinder 2014 EX is very nice. Feels quicker than my V6 Fusion. Did a road trip with 4.5 adults and there was no shortage of HP. Great gas mileage. I have no issues with the CVT. Interior has more room than the Fusion. Its quiet, seats are comfortable, it has a quality feel to the controls. I used to put little mirrors on on the outside mirrors to help with blind spots. Don't need them with the EX. The Lanewatch camera is really cool. Takes some getting used to, but I really like it. The driver side mirror has a beveled edge which functions like the little convex mirrors, but I'm still trying to adjust. Not sure what to focus my eyes on. I hate to label it as a CON, but as a techie, I like playing with the gadgets. Got my cell phone hooked up, 16 gig of mp3's on a thumb drive, the fuel mileage screens, and trip meters, and I need to be careful because it can be distracting while driving. On the down side, the ride is firm. I notice the bumps more than the Fusion. It's not too bad, and I could just write it off as being sporty, but it is noticeable. The brakes feel touchy too. Given everything else, I think I can live with these items. I played with the Econ button, but I haven't been able to detect much difference. Might be due to the cold weather. Overall I really like it. I hope the Honda quality reputation holds up."

a pretty good car for the money

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Cons: "Poor cup holder arrangements."

"I dislike keyless entry. Trunk latch is too prone to bumping ones head on it. battery capacity is very low. don't leave it undriven for more than a few days. It is dead if you do. Passenger power seat is only front o back. No tilt or lumbar. The four cylinder had plenty of power in Colotado mountains. Gas mileage is about 24mpg in city and 33mpg on the highway. I wish I had declined several mandatory dealer options. They were expensive ahd basically useless ripoffs."

First Car Purchase and Couldn't be Happier!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, styling, and price"

Cons: "Tan interior could get dirty easily"

"I bought a 2014 EX-L V6 with no navigation and am thrilled with it! This is my first vehicle purchase and I have no regrets. I had a 2006 Civic which was OK and definitely did it's job getting me from point A to point B. I love the exterior styling, interior, and technology. The ride is smooth and cabin is quiet compared to older Honda models. No complaints here. Fantastic for a car that is not a luxury vehicle. With great Honda customer service, reliability, and price - the Honda Accord is tough to beat in this segment."

It's ok

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Great looking car"

Cons: "Hard getting in to drivers front seat"

"Hard getting into drivers front seat, paint ok but not great, 4cylinder needs improvement for excellaration..."

The EX-L Accord Coupe is a great value & road car

By on Friday, March 07, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Efficient driver's car, CVT, EX-L ergonomics"

Cons: "Relatively numb steering feel"

"I like to keep things relative. After four Accords, I offer that Accords are a good value and driver's car. With good care, Accords yield 100,000 miles without much of a fuss. -I enjoy the EX-L/2.4 a lot. In a world of $4.00 gas, you give up very little for great MPG's. Whine if you want, but no car is perfect in this price range. I add some kick by doing a 'split fill' with 89 & 87 fuel. -One of the tricks to get better CAFE mileage figures (e.g. US Camry) is to use rock-hard (40 PSI) tires, which makes the ride harsh on city streets. My solution has been to give the Coupe a set of Goodyear tires, which was like night and day."

My best Honda ever!

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

"I own Hondas since 2002 and I love them! I bought my 2013 Accord LX Sedan with CVT in 2012. After few thousand miles with a speed of 60 miles per hour this car can make incredible 41 MPG!!! With ECON button ON. That's more then enough to say :))"

BUYER BEWARE OF INTERIOR

By on Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Cons: "interior seats, interior carpet"

"The interior in my LX is the WORST INTERIOR I HAVE EVER OWNED! It is IMPOSSIBLE to vacuum and EVERYTHING (hair, lint, it ALL) sticks to it. I have taken it to the car wash to use THEIR HIGH POWERED vacuum and it won't TOUCH the stuff in the floor! I absolutely HATE this car!!!"

disappointed

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Can use my I-Pod."

Cons: "Not enough storage space and overall smaller"

"I owned a 2004 Camry and was very satisfied. Decided to buy a new car. Honda was at the top of Consumer Report recommendation. Honda does have good qualities. For me, however, they are overshadowed by Honda's storage areas. Compared to my 2004 Camry (which I got rid of), the Honda's storage (for me) leaves alot to be desired--No place to keep my coins handy; four doors' storage is minimal; no place to keep my pens/pencils/small note pad/ house & spare keys; minimal space for CDs; and middle compartment is shorter, thus elbow is only part I can rest on it. Also, Accord is smaller--looks like a "Civic." Have had Honda almost a year and would rather drive an old clunker around town. Used Honda only on long trips because of MPG (comparable to my Camry). Will look to getting rid of Accord."

Great car for Great price

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "great price great power with CVT good features"

Cons: "no sunroof or backup sensors"

My accord with a water scenic background

"I traded my 2006 Honda Civic for the 2013 Honda Accord Sport in July 2013. Great car with lots of space. Everything is conveniently located. I only wish that it had a sunroof and came with the backup sensors. I've since added the backup sensors and the homelink. Good on gas and a comfortable ride."

My accord with a water scenic background

not a good vehicle at all

By on Sunday, February 09, 2014

"nothing but problems with this vehicle next time a ford or Chevy"

Great Car, no regrets

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Power, quietness, safety features, technology"

Cons: "steering feel, ride quality"

"I bought this car (Honda Accord EX-L V6) back in November of 2013, and I thoroughly enjoy driving this car. I found that everything in the car is comfortable and easy to use and learn to use. The safety features, like lane watch and fcw and ldw, really make this car safe, especially for those newer drivers to help gauge distances and car control. This generation is ridiculous quiet inside for a Honda (something i would not have expected). Concerning the power, the V6 provides more than adequate amount of power, plus is got better fuel economy and became smoother over time. Regarding the fuel economy, this v6 does a lot better in the city than my 04 CRV. I was surprised at how efficient it really was being a v6. There are, however, some gripes I have about it. 1) The steering feel is a little vague for my taste, I would have liked to have more feel (or at least a lot more weight as the steering was a little light for me). 2) The ride is a little stiff, but still very comfortable (it inspires more confidence for me than the softer Toyota Camry did). 3) Being that this car is near luxury, I would have like to have the seats automatically move back when the car door opens to provide easier access (it is manageable without the feature, but sometimes becomes a nuisance without more space to get in and out...). Overall, I would definitely recommend this car to new buyers as it provides near luxury at an affordable price and is probably one of the top benchmarks of this midsize car category."

Buyer's remorse

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "Good value for the money"

Cons: "Terrible ride quality"

"I traded in a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L for this 2013 Accord Coupe EX-L w/ Nav. Big mistake. The primary reason? The new car's ride is so harsh as to be quite uncomfortable. My 2008 Accord was smooth as silk. Now I feel every little bump, seam or whatever in the road. Not a pleasant experience. I recommend anyone considering a new Accord take it for a prolonged test drive over a variety of surfaces. When I took my car for a test drive, I realized the ride was "firmer" than my 2008 Accord, but I had no idea how much different it was. If it wasn't for the rough ride, plus slightly glitchy software, I would give this car a 10/10 rating. I love the styling and features. It seems considerably quicker than my 2008. I think it's a good value for the money (if you don't mind being bounced around), and I'm getting significantly better gas mileage compared to my 2008 (28-29 MPG combined city/highway, compared to 23-24 MPG for the 2008). I'm just very disappointed that Honda missed so big on something as basic as ride quality."

100% satisfied with this car!!!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Great value and price; computer interface is great"

Cons: "hmmmmmmm, let me think....."

"I like everything about this car. So much thought went into it, I did not appreciate many of the features (such as keyless entry, side door mirrors and the green halo for shifting efficiency) until I had driven for a few hours. The handing and the ride are both very good. I like that it came with 17" wheels as I did not want anything bigger. I think it is sharp looking, too."

2013 Honda Accord LX Best Car I Ever Owned

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Size, Comfort, Handling & Most of All Mileage"

Cons: "Didn't come with Fog Lights."

My New Honda

"I purchased this car in April 2013 after seriously considering purchasing a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. I love the looks of the Sonata but after test driving it I wasn't so impressed. The seats are set very low, the side mirrors are shaped weird and I didn't like the road noise. I went look at the Accord & test drove it and that was it. I loved the ride, feel, size, comfort, response, etc... Most of all I felt confident about purchasing it because of Honda's reputation for quality built cars which hold their value. I'm sold on my Honda Accord!!! My Accord is a little less than 1 year old & I have 12,000 miles on it and I still love it!"

My New Honda

problems with window not going down when below 32

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"loud road noise and windshield wipers streak drivers window will not go down when below 32 degrees"

Premium car at budget price

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Value for money, Fun to drive, features, Style"

Cons: "60/40 seat, trunk shape"

"I took more than one year to buy new car and in between I was going through numerous reviews, Test Rides and friends experiences (Whoever bought any car brand in 1st week they were blown away but after some time you can see them back to reality). SUV or Car: In my purchase process I was first confused to go with Sedan or SUV. My daily Driving is 70 miles RT and compact crossover SUV failed to impress me in front of Midsize sedans so finally decided to go with Car. In SUV I was researching RAV4 or CRV and both had plus minuses but I really like how RAV4 came up with all new changes. I have 2002 Camry and I drove 100k+. In 2012 I was almost sure to buy Camry but as time goes by I took test ride of Nissan Altima 2013, Kia Optima 13, Sonata 13, Toyota Camry 13 and Accord 13. After major changes in Accord I finally decided to consider with Camry. Comparing apple to Apple Accord LX has same feature as Camry SE (e.g. Alloy wheel, Dealer price etc..) 1. Overall Quality, Performance, Instrument Panel and Design: When I compared Camry as long as interior design concerned, Camry is nowhere closer to Accord. Dashboard Design is awesome, Big screen is mind blowing (non touch screen though) but position and layout is very cool. 2. Comfort: I felt Both Cars are same (few analysts say Accord is better). Honda has more cabin space. 3. Features and Style: Style doesn't have any measurement and it goes by individual perception. Accord has lots of bells and whistles, chrome plating looks cool and car style and ride quality is aggressive. New Accord looks is another factor to shift me from Camry. 4. Fuel Economy: Second best in midsize car and fortunately true. 5. Features & Accessories Quality: I am not expert but all new cars' accessories looks good and Accord is not exception. 6. Car Height: My friend had 2012 Accord and I had really hard time to come out but in new accord it's very convenient. 7. Safety and Resale Value: Accord is best in midsize segment if you see stats. 8. CVT: Few people love to complaint about reliability of CVT transmission. CVT makes ride smooth and fuel efficient. As long as reliability is concerned time will decide but looking at current trend Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Audi, Honda, Ford, Benz and many more are shifting towards CVT. Replacement is costly but as years goes by technology becomes complicated and expensive for simple solution. 9. Seat Comfort: I am 6' tall, Lot of people complained about comfort but I don't have issue. Seat fabric and design is way better than Camry. Cons: 1. 60/40: In Accord Rear Seat not 60/40 split, never mind I don't use that frequently. 2. Audio: Car Audio quality is good but not great. 3. Trunk space: Not impressed with layout as older cars has low bed, big opening and better shape to fit 3 check-in bags but new shape is not efficient even though Camry and Accord has biggest cargo space. 4. Reliability in log run: hmm when I went through car complaints, I saw lot of issues reported but ~90% complaints were related to Seat comfort and Audio connection in old Accords, Don't worry and trust your luck. Even my Camry has engine down (May be I got lemon) still Honda and Toyota are very reliable cars at least KBB and JD Power says that. Final words: In current market Honda Accord offers best value for money, it has excellent features and feels like premium level car, it crushed all the competitors. Accord has more Pros than Cons. I will recommend Accord at anytime to my dear ones."

High quality vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, reliable, high quality vehicle."

Cons: "Somewhat harsh ride."

"My wife and I chose our 2013 Accord primarily because it is a high quality, reliable vehicle with great gas mileage. I routinely achieve 42+ MPG highway, car is rated at 36 MPG. Our only disappointment is the ride is a little harsh, not the same as our nearly 15 year-old Buick Century."

Accord 2013 - Best Accord since 2003

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun ride, stylish, powerful"

"I own 2013 Accord EX-L V6 and its got as much power as a Camaro except its much more reliable than Camaro. I am happy with my purchase and will recommend it to anyone."

Not so happy

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Back up camera, exterior styling"

Cons: "Engine, transmission, quality, gas mileage"

"At first, I really enjoyed the car, but I soon realized the mistake that I made. The suspension is an absolute nightmare. You feel every single crack in the road, and the 18 inch wheels do not help the issue. There is also an excessive amount of road noise, as well as engine noise. The transmission I feel is another problem. You really have to put your foot down to get any response from the car, and at low speeds the transmission shudders and jerks. Also, when braking, it can be felt around 5-10 mph that the transmission attempts to slow down the car. A CVT shouldn't have this issue as it is designed to be smoother than a conventional automatic. The build quality is also lacking, both interior and exterior. There are cheap plastics everywhere to be seen, and the upholstery shows every spec of dirt possible. As for the exterior, the spacing between the doors is immense, I'm surprised there's no water in the car after it rains. Being that this is the Sport model, it has dual exhaust. The exhaust pipe on the left side hangs lower than the right and is aesthetically displeasing. There is also an issue with gas mileage. Honda is known for making fuel efficient cars but this car is too big for its engine. Unless you drive like a grandma, you are not getting anywhere near the EPA estimates. Basically it's a hunk of junk, and I should have never bought this car. Too bad it's a lease, or it would be long gone by now. Honda should be ashamed to put their name on this."

Oil pump failure, car towed

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy, nice design in and out"

Cons: "Reliability, uncomfortable seat, AC operation"

"I have a 2013 Accord LX with automatic CVT and 15,200 miles, bought new. The other night leaving work, I started the car and it made a horrendous grinding, screeching sound. I did not drive it. Every light on the dash (check engine, oil light, etc.) was on. I needed a tow from work late at night. The Honda dealer said they've never seen this before. They replaced the oil pump, timing chain, sprocket, etc. It was there for one week. All items covered under warranty. I've never heard of such a serious repair issue on car with so little mileage. Needless to say, I am very disappointed with my decision to buy a Honda. This was a MAJOR inconvenience. Prior to this incident, everything was fine. Good ride and mileage between 34-37 mpg. My other complaint is the uncomfortable seat, as I drive long distances, and the AC goes on when the defrost is selected."

Great vehicle with exceptions

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Reason: Not the right fit

Pros: "Push Start,Keyless entry,Valet key"

Cons: "Paint scratches easily,Seat Height,Audio Beeps"

"Rating 8/10 for quality as the black paint scratches VERY easily. Rating 7/10 for comfort/convenience as I found the drivers seat does not elevate high enough. I'm 5'5" and need the seat higher than an average driver. However, the power seat was still not enough for my taste. I hit the upper limit. Check this out before you buy. One major annoyance is the audio system. It BEEPS every time you change the station and their is no option to turn off this beep. Why? I test drove a Hyundai Sonata and it had the same problem. How many other vehicles make annoying beeps like this? The vehicle drivers fantastic. I did not notice any issues with vibration as another reviewer stated. The CVT takes some getting used to, however, I am 100% okay with it. It feels like a manual transmission but automatically shifts for you. I love the valet key option and that you can lock the trunk from inside and separate the valet key from your remote. I really like the mileage indicators in the display that fades from green to white if mileage is bad (hard acceleration). Push start button is very fun. Touch the door handle to open the doors. Keyless everything! The navigation system is very cool. It gives you an isometric map view. The rear view camera is great and so is the right mirror lane-change camera. Overall, there is a ton of thought that went into this vehicle. It's a fantastic vehicle. Honda sales and service is top-notch. However, I recommend you check the seat height and radio system before you buy."

Shake, Shake and more Shake!!!!!!!!!!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Good Car"

Cons: "Shakes too much for me."

"Owned Toyota's for many years. Figured I would try a Honda Accord EX. Mistake. Car did not ride/drive right from day one. Car and steering wheel shakes between 45 and 80+MPH. Had it back three times and after many road-force checks and wheel balancing failures I am now waiting to see the Honda rep to discuss. Asked for the car to be fixed, replaced or I get my money back so I could then purchase a Toyota."