2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,959 - $20,795.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 159 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

great car and mileage

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "great price, good on gas,"

Cons: "uncomfortable front seats, noisy at high speed,"

"2013 launched new exterior model design. The Accord is a good looking car and interior space is generous. Back seat has plenty of leg room. Very good on gas. The ride is a bit choppy. I feel every dimple in the road. The interior seats lack enough cushion and back support. Its uncomfortable riding for more than a few hours. The driver seat adjusts up/down front/back. Overall seat was not designed for a long distance ride. My biggest complaint is the front passenger seat does not adjust up or down. I'm short, so when I'm seated in passenger side, I'm at an uncomfortable level. Noise level also a bit high when traveling at 60 mph or more. I prefer a 6 cyl model. My next car will be a 6 cyl cross-over. For the price, the Accord a reliable car, with great gas mileage."

Amazing 38 mpg highway; way under-priced value

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Economy, high end power, reliability, low price!"

Cons: "Not a Lexus-like head turner."

"Before I bought this car, I drove every sedan available: Mercedes, Cadillac, Volvo, Lexus, Subaru, Infiniti, Audi, even this same car dressed like an Acura. None was more comfortable. None was as roomy. None was as much fun and responsive, especially at the upper end. All were far more expensive (from $10,000 to $40,000 more except the Subaru which was the most unremarkable car I have ever driven). Using the Consumer Reports reliability ratings and overall ratings, I decided to save the money and try the Accord. Boy! Did I make the right decision! First, I noticed that I sit IN not ON the seats. Then I noticed I could see all around easily. Then I found it easy at my age to enter and exit the car. And with the front seats all the way back, I can still see about three inches between my knees and the back of the front seat (I am 6'2"), and the head room is far better than the BMW 5 Series. STANDARD EQUIPMENT: Real leather; heated power seats; backup and blind spot cameras; FCW; tire pressure monitors; LDW; auto-dimming mirror; comfort, comfort comfort; huge trunk; free mats, splash guards, door edge protection tape; free first year maintenance; proximity, keyless entry; open all the windows from 200 feet away on a hot day; HomeLink; memory driver's seat positioning; and much, much more. And then I began to realize that this 3.5 liter, nearly 300 horsepower engine was getting phenomenal gas mileage. I was looking at 38 and 42 MPG on the highway with a 600 mile range and about 20 CITY, and as of today the OVERALL MPG on this full sized, fully powered, really fine road car stands at exactly 30 MPG. It is a joy to drive, and I do not miss feeling smug because I spent $27,700 instead of $64,000 for the Lexus with its vinyl seats (I could not get my knees under the steering wheel nor my head under the sun roof. Except for its fine, responsive, untorquey steering and lack of that old big car floaty feeling, the whole thing comes really close to that 1953 Hudson Hornet with Twin H power I drove in college. It is that satisfying. And right now I see the private party sale price is almost the same as what I actually paid for it. This is a highly under-rated automobile!"

Nice car.

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

Pros: "Great fuel economy and smart entry is great."

Cons: "No satellite radio standard"

"Great fuel economy"

sporty and reliable

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

"Got the 2014 Accord coupe V6 w/ Navi. Interior design was luxurious with safety feature like lane watch and front collision warning, smooth ride and noise cancelling windows make it fun to drive, exterior is also sleek and sporty redesign LED daytime headlight makes it look more luxury like Lexus, BMW, Audi, Mbenz name it. Definitely recommend with flying colors. Pros. Luxury feel and look, with tons of safety features, reliability, powerful. Cons. Higher price, less horsepower than mustang and Camaro. Overall. Love this car no regrets."

My First Accord

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, handling, ease of shifting"

Cons: "Trunk latch hurts my head when I hit it!"

I told you it was a 6 speed manual.

"Honda may have redesigned the front suspension and done away with the double wishbone front suspension, but boy it no way shows it in the twisties. We took our new 2014 LX 6 speed manual out on 89A through over the mountain to Jerome, AZ and then on to Sedona, AZ only to return over the mountains of Jerome today. This was an approx. 200 mile planned route that would vary driving conditions, vehicle speed, and allow us to get accustomed to the Accord and help it "break in". What a blast to drive, it is as tossible as my '89 Civic I had many years ago. The cars handling just inspires confidence the more I drive it. The shifter is light, precise, and a breeze to shift. Buy a manual and experience true Honda engineering. EPA numbers are extremely easy to meet if not even exceed. In spirited driving today we got 35.5 mpg on out trip. I hate the limited interior color availability with a manual (hope Honda is reading these reviews), but I got mine in silver with a black interior. The floor mats already look dark brown in under a week of using the car. Power window and lock switches don't all light up at night. The back up camera is a nice toy."

I told you it was a 6 speed manual.

My best Accord ever

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Great features, great price value."

Cons: "none so far."

"This is my 3rd Accord & the best one yet. Great safety features like blind side camera, back up camera, lane drift alert & front crash avoidance. I have found the center console to be compact & the screen information excellent. I'll definitely buy another one."

not as good as it could be for the price

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "ok to drive no big deal"

Cons: "window defrost isn't good at all in cold weather"

"I have found on the highway if there is any wind the front will swaying from side to side a bit at speeds over 60mph. It would be nice if you could open the trunk like the doors instead of having to open the door to open the trunk."

Great driving vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Reasonable price. Sporty, fun to drive."

Cons: "Not enough steerin wheel tavel."

"With the drivers seat all the way back the steering wheel does not extend back enough for a relaxed reach. Not good for long legs. Otherwise a nice car."

Drives like a Massey-Ferguson

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Cons: "Cheap, made by low bidder"

"Very disappointed in this 2013. I currently own and drive a 1990 Honda Accord 4 cyl, a 2000 Honda Accord 6 cyl , a Honda 2005 4 cyl , a 2007 Camry, a 2002 Toyota SR5 ,and a 1990 Ford F-150. This 2013 is the worst of the lot. I am going to take the 1990 and put a new engine in it and sell this 2013. The tranny has been poor. I have taken it back 2X and they tell me it is fine. While it accellerates nicely, when you decelerate from highway speed to 5-10 mph it starts to buck, sometimes violently. They tweaked it and told me to drive it 800 miles and see. No change. You may like that, but for $22K I expect a car to behave like a new car not an amusement ride. Brakes leave a lot to be desired. The rotors are not any good - very cheap and are not going to last. Backup camera works sometime, but not all the time and until it dies I can't get it fixed. On a scale of 1-10 the ride of this car is a 2 compared to my other three Hondas. Poor basic tires - noisy. Harsh ride. I am very, very disappointed."

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fast fun to drive comfort style great mpg"

Cons: "NONE AT ALL"

"Best car I have ever owned and I've owned cars since 1972. Great style, fast, comfort, fun to drive, paddle shift, PLUS GREAT MPG for a full sized fast fun to drive car (30mpg city 35+ hi-way),"