2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,947 - $20,914.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 218 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

My best Honda ever!

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

"I own Hondas since 2002 and I love them! I bought my 2013 Accord LX Sedan with CVT in 2012. After few thousand miles with a speed of 60 miles per hour this car can make incredible 41 MPG!!! With ECON button ON. That's more then enough to say :))"

2013 Honda Accord LX Best Car I Ever Owned

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Size, Comfort, Handling & Most of All Mileage"

Cons: "Didn't come with Fog Lights."

My New Honda

"I purchased this car in April 2013 after seriously considering purchasing a 2013 Hyundai Sonata. I love the looks of the Sonata but after test driving it I wasn't so impressed. The seats are set very low, the side mirrors are shaped weird and I didn't like the road noise. I went look at the Accord & test drove it and that was it. I loved the ride, feel, size, comfort, response, etc... Most of all I felt confident about purchasing it because of Honda's reputation for quality built cars which hold their value. I'm sold on my Honda Accord!!! My Accord is a little less than 1 year old & I have 12,000 miles on it and I still love it!"

My New Honda

AMERICAN Honda - Called AMERICAN for a Reason

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Great styling overall."

Cons: "Poor mechanics overall. See NHTSA Complaints."

"Major mechanical failure at 9,200 miles. Replaced transmission and torque converter. Major warranty commitment failure at 9,900 miles. AMERICAN Honda has adopted the warranty service policies of Ford, Chrysler and GM. Tell the owner there is nothing wrong, the vehicle operates normally. Do not fix the problem if it is costly or difficult. Make it the consumer's problem."

Performance & Value for money and more !!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, Drive, Safety,Sleek design, i-MID"

Cons: "getting used to CVT"

"Having driven almost every model in this class in the last 10 years of been on the road nothing has felt more safer, intuitive and consistent as this one. Power when you need it, performance when you need this car just is true value for money. Yes I have faced minor issues of small noise in the cabin which was taken care very easily by the dealer . I would not say that this car has the bests every model on every area but the overall package is well worth the money I paid. I get anywhere between 35-40 on a local driving stretch to office which is a pleasant surprise (though I am not an aggressive driver). I would recommend this to anyone who likes a balance do power, safety, elegance and performance. Definitely not for those inclined for luxury though most features match those offered by the Luxury cars."

Great car for the value. Could have been better

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "excelent drive with lot of new luxary features"

Cons: "interior could be better"

"I owned Camry LE 2009 and decided to trade in for new 2013 accord EXL V6 with navigation. The car is far superior to all other non luxary mid size sedan in driving and V6 engine really lives up to its promise when more power is needed. The ECon is good for both highways as well as city roads and I am getting combined 24 mpg average which is nice. The best feature of the car is rearview camera and navigation which are easy to set up and use. It has nice interior which I belive could have been better. The materials used for seat belts feels cheap. The leather could have also been better. It feels little stiff and will not give the feel of good cushion that you may find in other sedans. Among its technologies, I think Front Collision Warning and Lane Departure system are both in accuarate and are over reactive. They need serious improvement for future editions. Also yestersay as it was raining here in southren california, we found that visibility through windscreen was not as great as it could be. Over all great car for great price."

Great Car, Almost a perfect mid-size!

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, visibilty, interior"

"Bought the EX in November and I couldn't be happier. Looks good and has great visibility-one of the reasons I didn't go Sonota/Optima. Love push button start, and Lane Watch. Averageing almost 30MPG with mixed driving! Classy interior!"

HONDA ACCORD V-6 TOURING 2014

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "WIND NOISE TUSAMI WINDS- wind air leak"

"This a a loaded Honda Accord V-6 Touring with adaptive cruise control loaded. It handles great, dependable and has all the technology one could need in this pice point. The NEGATIVE is the drivers window near your ear lets in so much air you cannot focus on driving. I did test drive the car first with the radio and AC on at low MPH and did not notice the wind noise which sounds like the car window is OPEN. The roads are chosen for you to test he car out under 40 MPH. You bet I brought the car in and explained the concern. The dealer said they could not replicate the noise and found it normal.The service advisor himself explained the TSB fix by HONDA was for the 2013 Accord only and they would not get paid to fix it until a TSB was issued. After reviewing the wind noise concern I located hundreds of wind noise problems for the Accord and many other Hondas. Yes, the car drives great, however, if you have to blast the radio and ac to just drive something is terribly wrong with this vehicle. Yes, called HONDA MANUFACTURING and they said NO TSB fixes were noted for ANY HONDA. Enough SAID! The dealer only sells the car its the manufacturer producing it that should step up. Wind noise has been such a concern for Honda that the new commercial sights how quiet the new Honda is (MINUS) the TUSAMI wind noise. I know HONDA can do MUCH better in the future. Wind noise is heard at 40 MPH or higher or wih any cross winds."

Rough Riding and Downshifting

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Rear & Blind Spot Cameras, Leg room, Trunk space"

Cons: "Rough Ride on patched roads, Hard downshifting"

"I bought a 2013 Honda Accord Touring, and am very disappointed with the rough and bumpy ride I experience EVERY DAY. Car test drove great on the streets and highway around the dealership, but I wish I could have test driven this car on my usual, patched-road commute. The car also downshifts while coasting with enough force that it shifts my head forward, and I have neck pain. Honda told me this CANNOT be adjusted. I've had to change my driving habit - to keep on the gas more, avoid coasting, and brake harder through the downshifting. Gas mileage obviously decreased, and I expect brake pads/rotors will need changing much, much sooner and more often than any other car I've owned. I previously drove a 2003 Toyota Highlander since new, which I gave to my daughter."

Fast and great MPG... who knew it was possible!

By on Friday, October 04, 2013

Pros: "Power when you want it , MPG when you need it"

Cons: "It is really easy to speed in this car =)"

"I was looking for the fastest car I could find, that got the best gas mileage, and could be driven in winter. I found a jewel... the Honda Accord EX-L V-6. This car is comfortable on long rides and gets impressive gas mileage for a 280HP car! Using the econ button I can cruise on the highway and easily get the 34MPG it claims it can get. When you turn off the econ and the traction control you can unlease the beast! The accord comes to life with a growl and it makes you want more. In the corners thier is slight body roll and you can get on the power fast to power through. This car is a prime example of a wolf in sheeps clothing. Just you are in control when that WOLF decideds to growl! Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money for the EX-L V-6, you will thank yourself later."

A Little Cushy but Othewise a Very Nice Ride

By on Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Pros: "Nice ride, lots of room, feels and looks expensive"

Cons: "Dashboard and electronics for the driver"

"The only negatives about this car are the lack of crispness in handling and the inconvenient instrument panel and driver controls. We were used to older Accords which didn't ride as smoothly but handled more crisply. This car is also harder to park due to its bigger size and increased blind spot areas. One of the annoying instrument panel features is the tendency of the turn signal level to turn on the high beams if you twist the level even a little. Also not recommended is a black interior with a black exterior. It's too hard to find stuff that falls on, under or between the seats, as well as seeing some of the controls. Get a light color interior if you choose a black Accord."

Accord Sport is the best value and best looking.

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, 8" display, Lots of room"

Cons: "Speaker quality could be better"

"Honda did a good job on their new accord. I purchased the 2014 Accord Sport. I think that the sport model is the best value because you get the nicer wheels and interior features, but nothing overpriced or unnecessary. I couldn't see myself paying $8K more for a mediocre touchscreen nav, moonroof, and cheap factory LEDs. I have heard mostly negative reviews about the hondalink navigation (actually ALL car manufacturer installed navigation software), plus most people already have a smart phone with Google maps, so the sport not having the navigation was not a big deal. I have gotten so many comments on how much more aggressive the new Accord looks and people who thought it was an Acura or Lexus from the profile view because of the nicer wheels, accents, and dual exhaust. Plus the sport model just felt the most responsive in test drives. The 8" display screen in all models is really great, and the dynamic guidelines on the back-up camera that show the trajectory of your turn as you reverse is genius. The seat fabric is much better quality than my 2013 Toyota Tacoma had, so no need for seat covers. Plus the leather interior accents and wrapped steering wheel makes it feel more luxurious, similar to my old 2003 Acura TL. The cabin feels spacious, ample leg room, and a huge trunk. I have the CVT model, and I really like it. The CVT in the sport feels slightly more powerful and quick, and much much much better than the CVT in a prius. I am completely satisfied with this car and at $23K out the door, you really can't beat this car. Style, comfort, quality, performance, technology.... It is an excellent car and even better deal."

ONE OF BEST VEHICLES EVER OWNED

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "STANDARD TINTED GLASS"

"FUN TO DRIVE WITH THE CONTINUOUS VARIABLE TRANS PADDLE SHIFTING ON STEERING WHEEL LIKE BMW. TIGHT SUSPENSION HAVE TAKEN TURNS AT 80MPH NOT EVEN A SQUEEK BEUTIFULLY DESIGNED INTERIOR WITH STANDARD BACK UP CAMERA GREAT FEATURE.RELIABLE 100% BEST FEATURE OF ALL ECO GAS SAVER.I DRIVE ONNCE A MONTH TO PHILLY PA 200 MILES FROM WHERE I LIVE 10 BUCKS GAS USING ECO GREAT CAR. WAITING FOR 2018 NEW BODY TO PURCHASE THAT.BUY HONDA YOULL NEVER GO BACK TO WHAT U DROVE BEFORE."

Check the bluetooth before you buy!

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "love the side camera"

Cons: "blue tooth sucks"

"I drive several miles a day, use my phone in the car for hours on end. Had blue tooth in my kias, it was excellent. the voice recognition in the accord is TERRIBLE. I have to scroll my phone to get to the numbers, not safe. the voice recognition must have been programmed in Japan with someone totally unfamiliar with American pronunciation. What should have been an excellent experience has turned into a potfull of buyers regret. expected more, shame on me for testing everything except the bluetooth. other than that, the car is excellent."

Love the 2013 Accord!

By on Saturday, May 11, 2013

"I have owned 2 previous Accords & this by far is my favorite! I love the look of the new body style & the car drives great! My favorite additions to the Accord are the lane change camera as well as the back up camera. I am very pleased with the 2013 Accord!"

Generally disappointed with my Accord EX-L w/Nav..

By on Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pros: "Exterior styling, bluetooth audio"

Cons: "Wonky audio system quality, squeaky driver's seat"

"Can't wait to get out of my 3 year lease. Beware of audio system nightmares starting with a non-operational subwoofer setting, that I finally got resolved by showing my Honda tech using a clever website video that someone had helpfully posted. I drove this car for 1.5 years before realizing the subwoofer had been intentionally turned off in its programming settings by Honda techs at it's pre-delivery inspection. I'm not a beatbox kid, but rather an adult who appreciates a fullness of sound coming from my car's audio system as intended. That, plus a blasé attitude from my selling you know who, and a repetitive squeaky driver's seat that they won't repair under warranty due to fit and finish policy expiring after 1 year... I'm so over this car, and this is my 4th Accord I've owned since the late 1980's. The exterior styling and mechanical reliability have been perfect as anticipated. And it is inexpensive to maintain properly. However, I'm disappointed with these daily hapless annoyances I've put up with driving it in the past 2.5 years."

Love my Accord

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

"Have had some minor warranty issues, i.e. sound system distortion, glove box replacement,replace weatherstripping around front passenger door. otherwise no problems. Love this car, my favorite feature is blind spot camera, will not buy another car without this feature!"

great Honda quality, very uncomfortable ride

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "great quality, impressive gas mileage, roomy trunk"

Cons: "hard ride quality"

"This car is everything that is expected from Honda when it comes to build and component quality. The interior is roomy and the trunk is generously large. I bought the V6 Coupe EX-L and was very surprised that on a long highway drive the gas mileage was better than 34 mpg. There are so many things I like about this car it would be easier just to mention the few that I don't. The minor dislike: sometimes the factory radio will show on the display that it not connected to a Bluetooth device when it actually is. No big deal though. The 6 speed automatic transmission can sometimes get rather jerky until warmed up. The major dislike: The ride quality is way too firm. I tested this car on smooth streets but should have driven it on bumpy streets to get an every day feel. The firmness goes beyond sports car firmness and I believe it is unnecessarily hard considering the Accord is not really a sports car. With all of the headaches, ear aches, and ringing in my ears I find it difficult to enjoy anything else about the car. I would recommend testing this car on streets that the buyer would typically drive on on a daily basis."

Great driving vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Reasonable price. Sporty, fun to drive."

Cons: "Not enough steerin wheel tavel."

"With the drivers seat all the way back the steering wheel does not extend back enough for a relaxed reach. Not good for long legs. Otherwise a nice car."

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fast fun to drive comfort style great mpg"

Cons: "NONE AT ALL"

"Best car I have ever owned and I've owned cars since 1972. Great style, fast, comfort, fun to drive, paddle shift, PLUS GREAT MPG for a full sized fast fun to drive car (30mpg city 35+ hi-way),"

Very nice car

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "Quiet, good power, nice interior."

Cons: "Firm ride, touchy brakes."

"No car is perfect and every review is biased by the person's prior auto experiences. So... my 4 cylinder 2014 EX is very nice. Feels quicker than my V6 Fusion. Did a road trip with 4.5 adults and there was no shortage of HP. Great gas mileage. I have no issues with the CVT. Interior has more room than the Fusion. Its quiet, seats are comfortable, it has a quality feel to the controls. I used to put little mirrors on on the outside mirrors to help with blind spots. Don't need them with the EX. The Lanewatch camera is really cool. Takes some getting used to, but I really like it. The driver side mirror has a beveled edge which functions like the little convex mirrors, but I'm still trying to adjust. Not sure what to focus my eyes on. I hate to label it as a CON, but as a techie, I like playing with the gadgets. Got my cell phone hooked up, 16 gig of mp3's on a thumb drive, the fuel mileage screens, and trip meters, and I need to be careful because it can be distracting while driving. On the down side, the ride is firm. I notice the bumps more than the Fusion. It's not too bad, and I could just write it off as being sporty, but it is noticeable. The brakes feel touchy too. Given everything else, I think I can live with these items. I played with the Econ button, but I haven't been able to detect much difference. Might be due to the cold weather. Overall I really like it. I hope the Honda quality reputation holds up."

First Car Purchase and Couldn't be Happier!

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Great ride, styling, and price"

Cons: "Tan interior could get dirty easily"

"I bought a 2014 EX-L V6 with no navigation and am thrilled with it! This is my first vehicle purchase and I have no regrets. I had a 2006 Civic which was OK and definitely did it's job getting me from point A to point B. I love the exterior styling, interior, and technology. The ride is smooth and cabin is quiet compared to older Honda models. No complaints here. Fantastic for a car that is not a luxury vehicle. With great Honda customer service, reliability, and price - the Honda Accord is tough to beat in this segment."

100% satisfied with this car!!!

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Great value and price; computer interface is great"

Cons: "hmmmmmmm, let me think....."

"I like everything about this car. So much thought went into it, I did not appreciate many of the features (such as keyless entry, side door mirrors and the green halo for shifting efficiency) until I had driven for a few hours. The handing and the ride are both very good. I like that it came with 17" wheels as I did not want anything bigger. I think it is sharp looking, too."

I Love This Car

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Lane Watch Camera, Trunk space"

Cons: "Back seat leg room"

"This is my first new car, I'm 31 and I've only been driving a little over a year. I've only had this car for a month and I've been on vacation so I don't have many miles on it. I purchased this at a great price. Prior I drove a 96 Galant. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. I call it my night rider lol. Love the trunk space, sync to iPhone, lane camera and backup camera. I'm concerned about the back seat leg space but I have had anyone back there yet. As far as the front seat I have plenty of leg room and I'm 5'10. I have no complaints. I'm just waiting to see how it holds up to the winters we get in Upstate New York"

Excellent Car - Great Value for money

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Excellent drive, great std. features"

Cons: "Inaccurate TPMS in adverse weather conditions"

"I own LX with CVT , have been driving this car for a month and drive is just excellent. Great standard features. Deducted one point only because TPMS (tire pressure) is not accurate.In adverse weather conditions , gives false alarm."

My best Accord ever

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Great features, great price value."

Cons: "none so far."

"This is my 3rd Accord & the best one yet. Great safety features like blind side camera, back up camera, lane drift alert & front crash avoidance. I have found the center console to be compact & the screen information excellent. I'll definitely buy another one."