2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,864 - $20,855.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 192 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Very happy so far!

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "Good performance, good MPG, comfortable."

Cons: "Audio/Tech interface a bit clunky."

"We were looking for a vehicle for making trips to see the kids and grandkids. We wanted something comfortable with good MPG. We also wanted a few creature comforts like heated seats and a sunroof. I didn't want a hybrid because I'm not sure it would last the 10-12 years that we drive vehicles. Anyhow, we ended up purchasing an EX-L, 2.4L 4 cyl. w/CVT. We've had the car about 3 weeks and have put 1500 miles on it. 35 MPG at 71-72 MPH. Our mixed use average has been 30 MPG. It looks like a consistent 36 MPG at 65 MPH. Based on prior Honda ownership (a 2003 Civic), I expect the mileage to increase as things break-in. You do have to drive gently to get good mileage. In the city with lot of stop and go and a top speed of 30-40 MPH, you probably won't get much above the low 20s for MPG. The CVT transmission is very smooth and overall performance is responsive. It doesn't feel underpowered at all. Some of complained of loud road noise, but I don't think it is bad at all. The ride is very comfortable. My only real complaint is the technology/audio system. It doesn't seem very integrated. Sometimes you have to look at the top screen, other times you look at the bottom screen. Some other vehicles we tested were better. I like the lane departure warning, forward collision warning and the blind spot camera on the right. The later can be a little distracting, but there are times I wish it was on the left side also! All-in-all, a very nice vehicle that I think we will be happy with for quite awhile."

Very Pleased

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great features, looks, and reliability"

Cons: "lots of features = complicated controls"

"After 1.5 years of driving I am very happy with this car. In particular, having two information screens allows you to view two items, for example music functions and navigation, at the same time vs. other makes with only one screen. The only thing I'd change is the music display has the artist and the song title listed on the same line so they both get truncated. If each was on a different line you could see the entire title, not a biggie. The other thing is that the blower or heater fan is not powerful enough to heat the car quickly enough. Voice recognition on phone book and navigation could be improved."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"I am very happy with car and haven't noticed any problems with noise or handling. I just replaced my 2000 Accord, which I bought new and drove 160,000 miles without issue. After ten years was going to replace, but ended up buying 2011 Pilot to replace a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. I started looking at new luxury cars to replace my Accord, but just couldn't find anything that was sufficiently better to justify spending way more money. After looking at everything else went back and test drove Honda Accord 4 cyl. and V-6 models. Considered a 4 cyl., because it had same HP as my older V-6. Chose V-6, because it was noticeably quieter and smoother when driving. The car looks much more expensive than it is, and has so much more tech. and amenities than older Hondas. Can't think of anything that I would want to add, except maybe a better quality audio system. I have the high end system (for Honda), but it sounds rather average. Since owning, am pleasently surprised at increased fuel efficiency over older Accord. Don't really feel the power in daily commute, but when I step on the gas, it is a real thrill. In my opinion, simply the best family sedan there is. I buy Honda because in my experience, the quality and reliability are unmatched. Keep up the maintenance and you can drive your Honda as long as you desire. And when it's time to sell, the hardest part is chosing who to sell it to amongst all your friends and family eager to take it off your hands."

Worst Honda I have every owned

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Tech system"

"I have had this car into dealer for the same problem numerous times with no resolution.the problem is that the display screen goes blank but will come is I restart the car.i have taken videos of this and showed to dealer and they say if isn't doing it when they have it they can't do anything they did do a software update but didn't help. This to me is they don't have a clue also it rides like a lumber wagon and the seats are very uncomfortable"

Bad confort in driving. Bumpy and rattles.

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Amazing exterior (Luxury), roomy interior"

Cons: "Rattles in cabin, noisy, bumpy"

"I just get a new 2014 LX 2.4. Since the first day the car has 'small' rattles and I can't find them. But it looks that the sounds will be more in the future. Suspension rigid. You can feel every bump and vibration is transmitted into the cabin. I have a VW Jetta 2006 and the driving and riding is quiter and smoother!! I can't believe Honda has reduced the quality of the ACCORD!"

HONDA ACCORD V-6 TOURING 2014

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "WIND NOISE TUSAMI WINDS- wind air leak"

"This a a loaded Honda Accord V-6 Touring with adaptive cruise control loaded. It handles great, dependable and has all the technology one could need in this pice point. The NEGATIVE is the drivers window near your ear lets in so much air you cannot focus on driving. I did test drive the car first with the radio and AC on at low MPH and did not notice the wind noise which sounds like the car window is OPEN. The roads are chosen for you to test he car out under 40 MPH. You bet I brought the car in and explained the concern. The dealer said they could not replicate the noise and found it normal.The service advisor himself explained the TSB fix by HONDA was for the 2013 Accord only and they would not get paid to fix it until a TSB was issued. After reviewing the wind noise concern I located hundreds of wind noise problems for the Accord and many other Hondas. Yes, the car drives great, however, if you have to blast the radio and ac to just drive something is terribly wrong with this vehicle. Yes, called HONDA MANUFACTURING and they said NO TSB fixes were noted for ANY HONDA. Enough SAID! The dealer only sells the car its the manufacturer producing it that should step up. Wind noise has been such a concern for Honda that the new commercial sights how quiet the new Honda is (MINUS) the TUSAMI wind noise. I know HONDA can do MUCH better in the future. Wind noise is heard at 40 MPH or higher or wih any cross winds."

Great car

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Just about everything"

Cons: "Not happy about what the 18" tire are going to cos"

"So the wife and i decided to trade in our RAV 4 for a mid size family sedan. We test drove every model and are so happy with our choice of the Honda Accord Sport. It has everything we want,good trunk size,great gas millage, very comfy room interior(I'm 6"3"), room for both car seats and and then some extra for a third person to fit. I like the way it drives, and the sport mode add the additional paddle shifter for when I want to feel like I'm young again. The technology is pretty easy to use and like the way it is set up. We live in snow country an I am interested to see how it handles the snow. Overall I am very happy to be with the car and that may change in the snow. I told the wife we could always relocate if it is bad in snow, because I do not want to give up this car."

Honda hit a home run with the Accord sport

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

"Paddle shifters, power and handling are great. Fun to drive"

Don't Buy if you Want a soft ride

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Reason: Stiff Suspension

Pros: "Looks, MPG, Interior, Engine, Transmission"

Cons: "Stiffest suspension in history"

"The previous post was spot on. This car is beautiful, the interior is fabulous, MPG is super, and the car is quiet. However, this is the worst riding, stiffest car I've ever been in. Honda needs to go back to the drawing board, and fast, to fix this horrific suspension."

Nice car, too big for me.

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "quiet, better than average gas milage"

Cons: "not fun, limited storage, creepy low to the ground"

"I had a 2001 CRV for 10 years and I have to admit, I miss it like the air I breath. It got terrible gas milage, but it was a fun, wonderful SVU. I own the top of the line Accord and it's the least fun car I've had. I wouldn't buy this car again if I had the choice. Too low to the ground, can't see over the hood, and seats don't fold down to give more storage space from the trunk. What's up with that? I believe this car is made for much older people. Nobody under 60 should own this car. It's just not fun."