2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,918 - $20,893.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 209 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

OUTSTANDING EX-L V6

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, INTERIOR COMFORT, TECHNOLOGY"

Cons: "CUP HOLDERS ARE A BIT SMALL"

"Compared to the competition, the Accord puts the others to shame. Performance is outstanding while offering outstanding gas mileage. We just returned from a trip of 1850 miles and averaged 32.4 mpg. Between stops along the interstate, we averaged as high as 36mpg and as low as 32.4. The seats are great and all of the new technology adds to the pleasure of driving. The cameras are great too. What a winner!!"

Honda's Best Accord Ever

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

"This car is very worthy of being voted car of the year by the Canadian automotive journalists (AJAC).I have driven Honda cars since 1988 and this is definitely the Best one Honda has brought to the market.They have made a number of refinements which are noticeable to the driver/occupant.To me the biggest engineering improvement is the combination of the CVT and the DI engine.I have the EX-L Nav 4cyl and the way it responds you would almost think you were driving a 6cyl.Don't just take my word for it test drive one yourself.Honda have mastered tuning and programing this CVT to this engine.It is a fun quiet car to drive.The new macpherson struts,tuning,and new seat design offers up a smoother ride from previous generations.I won't go into all the other desirable features but Honda have really nailed this one"

Best mid-size Sporty sedan.

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Mentioned in 'Complete review.'"

Cons: "Trying hard to find even one."

"This is certainly the BEST mid-size sedan. I've had Sport CVT for about a month now and have driven it for around 3000 miles; I've got to say that no other car in this segment can beat Accord. If you compare this with Camry, Passat, Malibu, or even higher segment sedans (Acura, Lexus, etc.,) you will still find Accord to be a better buy than most others. I cannot really find any negatives about this vehicle. Some of the positives about Accord are: Great Mileage. Very Sporty. Best Interior Design. Good Exterior Design. Lots of Standard Features - even more than higher segments. Very Reliable. Comfortable for Long Drives. Very Safe w/ lots of Standard Safety Features - including side Airbags. Fun to Drive and Sit. Acts both as a Performance/Fun Car and a Regular Commute. Please note that Hondas usually take about 5000-7000 miles to "break-in" and deliver exceptional performance. Hence, if you don't see the level of promised performance from your brand-new Honda, just wait until you hit these many miles and you'll see a drastic difference. For the first 2000 miles or so, please be gentle with your new car (no revving up the engine, etc.)"

2013 Saved my life

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Safety, Size, Manual Transmission Option,"

Cons: "Hill assist, Bi-fold mirror, Trunk Noises at idle,"

"I had a 2013 which was hit head on by a drunk driver about 2 weeks after purchasing it. The car saved my life. The Drunk was in a full sized truck, and although the Accord was totaled, i do not think i would be writing this if it were not for that car. I went out and purchased a 2014 sport with a 6-speed to replace the LX in which i had prior. The differences between the 13 and 14 are very small, although the 14 has better paint. I am 6'2" tall, there is still enough room behind me for my father who is 6'4" to fit without his knees touching the back of my seat. I love this car, it is big, the 4cyl is plenty quick (0-60 6.5 with the manual) and i average 29MPG. Cost to fill is about 38.00 at 3.19 a gallon. I typically get 445-525 miles per tank. (Not broken in yet) The trunk is huge, the body lines make it look like a much more expensive car. BAD: There is a lot of cabin noise from exhaust notes at idle. I don't think the trunk has enough sound proofing. It doesn't bother me yet, but i am sure it will get annoying. The hill assist is really more of a problem then help, as it doesn't always work, changes the grab point of the clutch, and makes entering an intersection on a hill "interesting". There is a bi-fold in the mirror, which is really stupid.. They claim it helps with blind spots, but if you know how to drive, this will get annoying.. (Changed the mirror glass with a 2012 mirror glass) Verdict: I would recommend this car to anyone who needs a bigger car, its comfortable, gets great MPG, and looks sharp. It's very safe "Proved that", and since it is a honda, it will likely run forever."

Premium car at budget price

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Value for money, Fun to drive, features, Style"

Cons: "60/40 seat, trunk shape"

"I took more than one year to buy new car and in between I was going through numerous reviews, Test Rides and friends experiences (Whoever bought any car brand in 1st week they were blown away but after some time you can see them back to reality). SUV or Car: In my purchase process I was first confused to go with Sedan or SUV. My daily Driving is 70 miles RT and compact crossover SUV failed to impress me in front of Midsize sedans so finally decided to go with Car. In SUV I was researching RAV4 or CRV and both had plus minuses but I really like how RAV4 came up with all new changes. I have 2002 Camry and I drove 100k+. In 2012 I was almost sure to buy Camry but as time goes by I took test ride of Nissan Altima 2013, Kia Optima 13, Sonata 13, Toyota Camry 13 and Accord 13. After major changes in Accord I finally decided to consider with Camry. Comparing apple to Apple Accord LX has same feature as Camry SE (e.g. Alloy wheel, Dealer price etc..) 1. Overall Quality, Performance, Instrument Panel and Design: When I compared Camry as long as interior design concerned, Camry is nowhere closer to Accord. Dashboard Design is awesome, Big screen is mind blowing (non touch screen though) but position and layout is very cool. 2. Comfort: I felt Both Cars are same (few analysts say Accord is better). Honda has more cabin space. 3. Features and Style: Style doesn't have any measurement and it goes by individual perception. Accord has lots of bells and whistles, chrome plating looks cool and car style and ride quality is aggressive. New Accord looks is another factor to shift me from Camry. 4. Fuel Economy: Second best in midsize car and fortunately true. 5. Features & Accessories Quality: I am not expert but all new cars' accessories looks good and Accord is not exception. 6. Car Height: My friend had 2012 Accord and I had really hard time to come out but in new accord it's very convenient. 7. Safety and Resale Value: Accord is best in midsize segment if you see stats. 8. CVT: Few people love to complaint about reliability of CVT transmission. CVT makes ride smooth and fuel efficient. As long as reliability is concerned time will decide but looking at current trend Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Audi, Honda, Ford, Benz and many more are shifting towards CVT. Replacement is costly but as years goes by technology becomes complicated and expensive for simple solution. 9. Seat Comfort: I am 6' tall, Lot of people complained about comfort but I don't have issue. Seat fabric and design is way better than Camry. Cons: 1. 60/40: In Accord Rear Seat not 60/40 split, never mind I don't use that frequently. 2. Audio: Car Audio quality is good but not great. 3. Trunk space: Not impressed with layout as older cars has low bed, big opening and better shape to fit 3 check-in bags but new shape is not efficient even though Camry and Accord has biggest cargo space. 4. Reliability in log run: hmm when I went through car complaints, I saw lot of issues reported but ~90% complaints were related to Seat comfort and Audio connection in old Accords, Don't worry and trust your luck. Even my Camry has engine down (May be I got lemon) still Honda and Toyota are very reliable cars at least KBB and JD Power says that. Final words: In current market Honda Accord offers best value for money, it has excellent features and feels like premium level car, it crushed all the competitors. Accord has more Pros than Cons. I will recommend Accord at anytime to my dear ones."