2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,149 - $20,927.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

My review after my Accord was totaled

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Very, very safe, great shift action manual, safe"

Cons: "low to the ground, ride too firm & road noise"

Totaled 2014 Accord 6 speed manual LX

"EXACTLY two weeks to the day of purchase I was traveling on a highway at 45-55 m.p.h. and out of the blue of vehicle on the shoulder decided to turn into my path (she admitted making an U-turn to police) needless to say my car was a total loss. At the moment of impact the driver's seatbelt locked up as it should and TIGHTLY held me in place, so tight I could barely breath. The airbags deployed properly and I walked away from the accident with an extremely sore left shoulder (doc said a body sprain) and a scratch to my left hand from the steering wheel airbag deployment. I received no burns from the airbag and honestly do not believe I ever made contact with the steering wheel airbag. Honestly, this is the worst accident I have ever had. Don't want another, thank you very much. Honda America can quote me if they'd like! Don't ever want to see another airbag deployment in my life, once again thank you very much. Is it a safe car? Well, I think so. The Accord held up very well considering the driver of the other car was in a midsized S.U.V. Did I buy another Accord? No. Not because it wasn't safe, but because, call me superstitious, I didn't want to tempt fate. I purchased another brand. My decision was also based only on a couple of weeks of driving experience with the car; while I loved the Accord it was low to the ground and made it difficult for me, a large framed guy at 6'-3" to get in and out of the car. I am a bit older now (49), I have more than a touch of arthritis, a bad back and knee. I could never quite comfortable behind the wheel and our approx. 200 mile road trip (see my previous review) told my body that the car had a firmer ride than it cared for. My new car has a much more compliant ride, BUT is nowhere the caliber of vehicle my manual LX Accord was. In the long run I may wish I bought another Accord. To get another Accord it would have been another silver and black combo, since Honda has such limited color availability I didn't want to walk up to a new Accord only to be reminded of the one that was wrecked."

Totaled 2014 Accord 6 speed manual LX

best manual midsize sedan

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "space, fuel efficiency, ride, manual"

Cons: "seat folding, bluetooth hands free link"

"I have the 6MT in my car, with the sport trim I have 189 horsepower that really moves the car rather quickly. I can get up to speed with no problem whatsoever. Even in 6th gear the car still has good pull when accelerating to pass on the highway. The interior space is amazing, I upgraded due to needing more space than my 2010 Civic SI allowed me. The trunk is massive, and the optional trunk tray has saved me many times. The only problems I have faced with the car is the fact that there is only one USB port and that the seats fold down in one piece. If these things were changed, then this would be my pick hands down in this segment."

Great car

By on Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pros: "all of the above and more"

"Better mph then sticker, 31.4 combined city/hwy. Got 36.4 mpg from sea level over Rocky mountains. Very comfy, great safety featues, plenty of standard feature, plenty of power, quiet, ample rear seat room, and a pleasure to drive."

ONE OF BEST VEHICLES EVER OWNED

By on Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pros: "FUN TO DRIVE"

Cons: "STANDARD TINTED GLASS"

"FUN TO DRIVE WITH THE CONTINUOUS VARIABLE TRANS PADDLE SHIFTING ON STEERING WHEEL LIKE BMW. TIGHT SUSPENSION HAVE TAKEN TURNS AT 80MPH NOT EVEN A SQUEEK BEUTIFULLY DESIGNED INTERIOR WITH STANDARD BACK UP CAMERA GREAT FEATURE.RELIABLE 100% BEST FEATURE OF ALL ECO GAS SAVER.I DRIVE ONNCE A MONTH TO PHILLY PA 200 MILES FROM WHERE I LIVE 10 BUCKS GAS USING ECO GREAT CAR. WAITING FOR 2018 NEW BODY TO PURCHASE THAT.BUY HONDA YOULL NEVER GO BACK TO WHAT U DROVE BEFORE."

Love this car

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Everything - wonderful comfort, good power, luxury"

Cons: "None yet"

"Love Hondas and this car is the best of the best"

great car

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

"love this car"

great Honda quality, very uncomfortable ride

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "great quality, impressive gas mileage, roomy trunk"

Cons: "hard ride quality"

"This car is everything that is expected from Honda when it comes to build and component quality. The interior is roomy and the trunk is generously large. I bought the V6 Coupe EX-L and was very surprised that on a long highway drive the gas mileage was better than 34 mpg. There are so many things I like about this car it would be easier just to mention the few that I don't. The minor dislike: sometimes the factory radio will show on the display that it not connected to a Bluetooth device when it actually is. No big deal though. The 6 speed automatic transmission can sometimes get rather jerky until warmed up. The major dislike: The ride quality is way too firm. I tested this car on smooth streets but should have driven it on bumpy streets to get an every day feel. The firmness goes beyond sports car firmness and I believe it is unnecessarily hard considering the Accord is not really a sports car. With all of the headaches, ear aches, and ringing in my ears I find it difficult to enjoy anything else about the car. I would recommend testing this car on streets that the buyer would typically drive on on a daily basis."

Cars just don't get much better than this

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Responsive, comfortable, reliable, great looking"

Cons: "Wish the backup camera included a warning sound"

"I couldn't be more pleased with my 2013 Honda Accord EX. It responds exactly as I expect it to, it's comfortable, looks great, and is a lot of car for the money. And because it's a Honda, I know I'll be driving it for many years to come (traded in my 1996 Honda Accord for this one), which makes it economical over the long haul. I'm getting over 26 mpg so far with mostly city driving. This car makes me smile!"

The Best Designed Accord Sedan To Date

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Great Restyle, Strong Resale & Reliability"

Cons: "Sport Trim lacks factory moonroof option"

Best Color Combination in My opinion

"All new for 2013, the Accord has 2-new trim levels. The renamed LX-S is now Sport, and the top of the line trim is called Touring which follow's what was done with the Odyssey van trim levels. We went with the Sport Trim this time as we trade Accords every 5-yrs as Honda uses a 5-yr cycle of body styles for this model, so each year ending in a 3 or 8 is a new body style year for the Accord. In the past we have had EX & EX-L trim as we enjoy the benefits of sensing added cabin room via the power moonroof. We are both shorter than 5'6", so head room has never been an issue for us re: the moonroof. The Sport Trim does NOT come with a moonroof, so we had one added as we really liked the design and aggressive stance the Sport projects. Standard rear spoiler, dual chrome tipped exhaust, and sharp 18" alloys look very sharp on the car. This is our 5th Accord Sedan, and each seems to be a step up from its predecessor, although we have had favorite models(generations) of the Accord Sedan. The 1st Accord sedan for me was a 1984 model that I purchased used in 1986 as a new Accord trade in. I drove it for 3-yrs and then bought a 1988 left over in the Spring of 1989 as I started my career. The 1993-1998 Model was my least liked Accord Generation. Honda does reinforce the idea that technology & automobiles improve with time, and the 2013 Generation proves this well. The new 'Earth Engine's' promotes stellar performance & fuel economy that use to only be found in the civic. Take a test drive and see for yourself, the 2013 model restyle was well done and reflect the true benefits of owning a Honda Accord Sedan !"

Best Color Combination in My opinion

Great performance, good ride, and great MPG

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Styling, performance, and MPG"

"I have had my Accord V-6 coupe for a year now. No probelms. Averages about 30-31 MPG overall and will get up to 37 MPG on the highway. City/highway driving is about 40/60. Has smooth, comfortable ride with good head and shoulder room. Comfortable seats and all instrumentation is well laid out. Has power to spare and you don't need the Sport Mode in the 6-speed transmission. Eco botton is useless as I have found I get better gas mileage with it never engaged."