2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,149 - $20,927.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

REAL UNCOMFORTABLE DRIVER SEAT

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "Mpg great"

Cons: "road noise , seat comfort , no homelink"

"The driver seat is very uncomfortable. Once you are in the seat there is no wiggle room and your back get hot. I am 5'9" 160 pounds. I also found the shape of seat make your back bend forward and long distance driving a real PAIN. My Honda dealer changed the seat back which made it more comfortable but I still get HOT spots on my back from rubbing on the leather seat."

Best mid-size Sporty sedan.

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "Mentioned in 'Complete review.'"

Cons: "Trying hard to find even one."

"This is certainly the BEST mid-size sedan. I've had Sport CVT for about a month now and have driven it for around 3000 miles; I've got to say that no other car in this segment can beat Accord. If you compare this with Camry, Passat, Malibu, or even higher segment sedans (Acura, Lexus, etc.,) you will still find Accord to be a better buy than most others. I cannot really find any negatives about this vehicle. Some of the positives about Accord are: Great Mileage. Very Sporty. Best Interior Design. Good Exterior Design. Lots of Standard Features - even more than higher segments. Very Reliable. Comfortable for Long Drives. Very Safe w/ lots of Standard Safety Features - including side Airbags. Fun to Drive and Sit. Acts both as a Performance/Fun Car and a Regular Commute. Please note that Hondas usually take about 5000-7000 miles to "break-in" and deliver exceptional performance. Hence, if you don't see the level of promised performance from your brand-new Honda, just wait until you hit these many miles and you'll see a drastic difference. For the first 2000 miles or so, please be gentle with your new car (no revving up the engine, etc.)"

Very Bumpy

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Nice engine and transmission."

Cons: "Uncomfortable, bumpy ride"

"I've had this car for 3 years, and I found the ride very uncomfortable. Every little dip in the road transfers right into the cabin. At first, I thought it was a defect, but when I took it in, the dealership said that all the 2013 and 2014 models are like this because Honda changed the suspension system in 2013. I'm surprised that I don't see more of this issue in the reviews. If you want a comfortable, smooth ride, do not buy a Honda Accord 2013 or 2014."

sleek safe techy sedan w/ v6 pep fun to drive

By on Friday, October 25, 2013

Pros: "understated comfort and luxury appointments, fast"

2014 Honda Accord EXL V6

"v6 has plenty of pep to slip into highway from entrance ramp or pass. variable cylinder technology allows highway mpg in 27-29 range. Leather seats with warmers very stylish and comfortable even on long trip. Console design easy to read and intuitive. Simple synch with smartphone. Very safe with surrounding airbags, high visibility with low belt line, and rear view and right side blind spot cameras."

2014 Honda Accord EXL V6

Very disappointing

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

"I thought i was buying a reliable Honda which would last me many years. Instead I bought a lemon! This being a new design model has likely added to the fact that there are many bugs Honda has yet to work out... At only 7000 miles did i start experiencing electrical issues. The check engine, tire pressure, vehicle assist, and power steering all illuminated unexpectedly and the vehicle immediately lost power and would not accelerate past 40 mph. I brought the car to the dealer the next day in which they reset the "vehicle codes". The car drove fine for about 300 miles until the issue happened again. To make a long story short, this issue occurred 3 times in which the dealer replaced the throttle body and the ECU. The car drove for about 600 miles after replacing the ECU until it happened for a 4th time. At this point I was fed up with constantly driving to the dealer and for them to tell me the issue was fixed each time when it clearly wasn't. It seemed no one could pinpoint the problem and for a new car to experience this is unacceptable. I ultimately complained enough to Honda and expressed that I thought this car was a lemon, they finally decided to give me my money back rather than wait for me to legally act upon it which i had every right to do. Aside from all this the car drove and handled well, all the features were pretty nice including the rear view camera and all the audio options available. I would just be extremely careful from now on before purchasing a brand new design model, I was probably better off buying a 2012 or waiting a few years for a '15. With all the gadgets and sensors the new cars have today, you'll likely run into these electrical issues with any new design, its probably best going with a proven model thats been around a few years."