2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,959 - $20,795.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 162 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Oil pump failure, car towed

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy, nice design in and out"

Cons: "Reliability, uncomfortable seat, AC operation"

"I have a 2013 Accord LX with automatic CVT and 15,200 miles, bought new. The other night leaving work, I started the car and it made a horrendous grinding, screeching sound. I did not drive it. Every light on the dash (check engine, oil light, etc.) was on. I needed a tow from work late at night. The Honda dealer said they've never seen this before. They replaced the oil pump, timing chain, sprocket, etc. It was there for one week. All items covered under warranty. I've never heard of such a serious repair issue on car with so little mileage. Needless to say, I am very disappointed with my decision to buy a Honda. This was a MAJOR inconvenience. Prior to this incident, everything was fine. Good ride and mileage between 34-37 mpg. My other complaint is the uncomfortable seat, as I drive long distances, and the AC goes on when the defrost is selected."

Great vehicle with exceptions

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Reason: Not the right fit

Pros: "Push Start,Keyless entry,Valet key"

Cons: "Paint scratches easily,Seat Height,Audio Beeps"

"Rating 8/10 for quality as the black paint scratches VERY easily. Rating 7/10 for comfort/convenience as I found the drivers seat does not elevate high enough. I'm 5'5" and need the seat higher than an average driver. However, the power seat was still not enough for my taste. I hit the upper limit. Check this out before you buy. One major annoyance is the audio system. It BEEPS every time you change the station and their is no option to turn off this beep. Why? I test drove a Hyundai Sonata and it had the same problem. How many other vehicles make annoying beeps like this? The vehicle drivers fantastic. I did not notice any issues with vibration as another reviewer stated. The CVT takes some getting used to, however, I am 100% okay with it. It feels like a manual transmission but automatically shifts for you. I love the valet key option and that you can lock the trunk from inside and separate the valet key from your remote. I really like the mileage indicators in the display that fades from green to white if mileage is bad (hard acceleration). Push start button is very fun. Touch the door handle to open the doors. Keyless everything! The navigation system is very cool. It gives you an isometric map view. The rear view camera is great and so is the right mirror lane-change camera. Overall, there is a ton of thought that went into this vehicle. It's a fantastic vehicle. Honda sales and service is top-notch. However, I recommend you check the seat height and radio system before you buy."

Shake, Shake and more Shake!!!!!!!!!!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Good Car"

Cons: "Shakes too much for me."

"Owned Toyota's for many years. Figured I would try a Honda Accord EX. Mistake. Car did not ride/drive right from day one. Car and steering wheel shakes between 45 and 80+MPH. Had it back three times and after many road-force checks and wheel balancing failures I am now waiting to see the Honda rep to discuss. Asked for the car to be fixed, replaced or I get my money back so I could then purchase a Toyota."

Very Nice Car for fair weather area's

By on Monday, January 13, 2014

Pros: "Handles great, Brakes feel great, Leg room."

Cons: "Not a winter Car. Hard to clear wipers if frozen"

"So far with only 1000 mi of winter time. Its no Subaru. It will take hours to clear wipers if the get frozen. Im spoiled I have a 2008 Subaru Outback with the all weather package which has a seperate heating coil in the wind shield. Which clear's ice from the blades pretty quick. So far 2 cons #1 The good for one years LS 2 recieved bad rating's and and my experance not good in snow. #2 Bad winter design for the wiper's Other then that I like the car so far"

Check the bluetooth before you buy!

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "love the side camera"

Cons: "blue tooth sucks"

"I drive several miles a day, use my phone in the car for hours on end. Had blue tooth in my kias, it was excellent. the voice recognition in the accord is TERRIBLE. I have to scroll my phone to get to the numbers, not safe. the voice recognition must have been programmed in Japan with someone totally unfamiliar with American pronunciation. What should have been an excellent experience has turned into a potfull of buyers regret. expected more, shame on me for testing everything except the bluetooth. other than that, the car is excellent."