2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,864 - $20,855.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 192 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

The Best Designed Accord Sedan To Date

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Great Restyle, Strong Resale & Reliability"

Cons: "Sport Trim lacks factory moonroof option"

Best Color Combination in My opinion

"All new for 2013, the Accord has 2-new trim levels. The renamed LX-S is now Sport, and the top of the line trim is called Touring which follow's what was done with the Odyssey van trim levels. We went with the Sport Trim this time as we trade Accords every 5-yrs as Honda uses a 5-yr cycle of body styles for this model, so each year ending in a 3 or 8 is a new body style year for the Accord. In the past we have had EX & EX-L trim as we enjoy the benefits of sensing added cabin room via the power moonroof. We are both shorter than 5'6", so head room has never been an issue for us re: the moonroof. The Sport Trim does NOT come with a moonroof, so we had one added as we really liked the design and aggressive stance the Sport projects. Standard rear spoiler, dual chrome tipped exhaust, and sharp 18" alloys look very sharp on the car. This is our 5th Accord Sedan, and each seems to be a step up from its predecessor, although we have had favorite models(generations) of the Accord Sedan. The 1st Accord sedan for me was a 1984 model that I purchased used in 1986 as a new Accord trade in. I drove it for 3-yrs and then bought a 1988 left over in the Spring of 1989 as I started my career. The 1993-1998 Model was my least liked Accord Generation. Honda does reinforce the idea that technology & automobiles improve with time, and the 2013 Generation proves this well. The new 'Earth Engine's' promotes stellar performance & fuel economy that use to only be found in the civic. Take a test drive and see for yourself, the 2013 model restyle was well done and reflect the true benefits of owning a Honda Accord Sedan !"

Best Color Combination in My opinion

Great performance, good ride, and great MPG

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Styling, performance, and MPG"

"I have had my Accord V-6 coupe for a year now. No probelms. Averages about 30-31 MPG overall and will get up to 37 MPG on the highway. City/highway driving is about 40/60. Has smooth, comfortable ride with good head and shoulder room. Comfortable seats and all instrumentation is well laid out. Has power to spare and you don't need the Sport Mode in the 6-speed transmission. Eco botton is useless as I have found I get better gas mileage with it never engaged."

I'd miss it if it were traded in

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Value, solid construction, fun to drive."

Cons: "Seats could be more comfortable with extra padding"

"This is a strange way to start a review but I've been disappointed by so many new cars in recent years that it seems appropriate. A dealer asked me, "You trade for new cars far more often than the normal person. Why is that?" My answer: "If I like a car, I'll keep it but won't live with one I don't". No worries any longer with this new Accord as I truly would miss not having it so if that's a strange endorsement, so be it. The Accord Sport does everything very well. Not outstanding, mind you, but very well and that degree of consistency is hard to find. Could it be more powerful? Yes but there's more than enough there to zoom onto an interstate from an entry ramp, quickly pass a 18 wheeler in the rain, or to feel the rush of quick acceleration. Could it handle better? Yes again, but realizing this is not a $50,000+ exotic of some kind, it handles competently. The seating comfort is just okay for me. I've had better but also have had worse so it gets a solid B-. MPG in mixed driving is getting close to 30mpg and I don't baby it so that's spectacular in my view. I'm keeping this one for at least another 3-4 years and that's as big a recommendation as there is when it comes to my picky preferences for new cars. I really would miss it too much not to have it."

Accord Sport is the best value and best looking.

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Great Price, 8" display, Lots of room"

Cons: "Speaker quality could be better"

"Honda did a good job on their new accord. I purchased the 2014 Accord Sport. I think that the sport model is the best value because you get the nicer wheels and interior features, but nothing overpriced or unnecessary. I couldn't see myself paying $8K more for a mediocre touchscreen nav, moonroof, and cheap factory LEDs. I have heard mostly negative reviews about the hondalink navigation (actually ALL car manufacturer installed navigation software), plus most people already have a smart phone with Google maps, so the sport not having the navigation was not a big deal. I have gotten so many comments on how much more aggressive the new Accord looks and people who thought it was an Acura or Lexus from the profile view because of the nicer wheels, accents, and dual exhaust. Plus the sport model just felt the most responsive in test drives. The 8" display screen in all models is really great, and the dynamic guidelines on the back-up camera that show the trajectory of your turn as you reverse is genius. The seat fabric is much better quality than my 2013 Toyota Tacoma had, so no need for seat covers. Plus the leather interior accents and wrapped steering wheel makes it feel more luxurious, similar to my old 2003 Acura TL. The cabin feels spacious, ample leg room, and a huge trunk. I have the CVT model, and I really like it. The CVT in the sport feels slightly more powerful and quick, and much much much better than the CVT in a prius. I am completely satisfied with this car and at $23K out the door, you really can't beat this car. Style, comfort, quality, performance, technology.... It is an excellent car and even better deal."

great car and mileage

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Pros: "great price, good on gas,"

Cons: "uncomfortable front seats, noisy at high speed,"

"2013 launched new exterior model design. The Accord is a good looking car and interior space is generous. Back seat has plenty of leg room. Very good on gas. The ride is a bit choppy. I feel every dimple in the road. The interior seats lack enough cushion and back support. Its uncomfortable riding for more than a few hours. The driver seat adjusts up/down front/back. Overall seat was not designed for a long distance ride. My biggest complaint is the front passenger seat does not adjust up or down. I'm short, so when I'm seated in passenger side, I'm at an uncomfortable level. Noise level also a bit high when traveling at 60 mph or more. I prefer a 6 cyl model. My next car will be a 6 cyl cross-over. For the price, the Accord a reliable car, with great gas mileage."