2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,959 - $20,795.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 161 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

This is an outstanding car.

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Value, Ride, Comfort"

Cons: "Passenger side leg room, radio and driver mirror"

"We bought a 2013 Accord EX-L about 2.5 months ago. We now have ~7k miles on it. This is only the second Honda I have owned. We evaluated most of the vehicles in this class. For the most part, you can’t go wrong. They are all good vehicles and great values. Ultimately, our choice came down to the Ford Fusion SE (Loaded, 1.6 EcoBoost) or the Accord EX-L. We drove each multiple times before making a decision. We went with the Accord because a) it was a little more refined and b) it achieved similar MPG with much simpler technology and c) the reviews on the MFT were so mixed that I just could not get comfortable with it. Truth be told, I wanted to go with the Ford for I wanted to buy American but didn’t for the reasons above. The Accord is very close to perfect. It is extremely comfortable and smooth. Now, here is the really surprising and good news. The MPG has been much better than advertised. All measurements are using the car’s onboard computer so I acknowledge that the accuracy is subject to the manufacturer quality. My extended family lives about 350 miles away. The path there is roughly divided into three equal segments (>100 miles each) that have distinctly different speeds: 70 MPH (drove ~78ish), 60 MPH (drove ~65ish) and 55 (drove 58ish). I reset the computer at each segment. Here are the amazing results (remember, the car Highway is rated at 35 MPG): @ 78MPH – 34.5 MPG, @ 65 MPH – 37 MPG and @ 58ish – 41.3 MPG. I was blown away by those numbers but have to admit it was ideal conditions (flat, Highway). So, we took the car 1,400 miles to Indiana. Round trip including 80+ MPH, Mountains (both ways), 2 days city driving and up to 4 people in the car at times … 34.5MPG!!! Way cool. THINGS THAT ARE LESS THAN PERFECT: The radio sound is lacking bass. It is not exciting. The passenger side leg room is MUCH less than the driver side. The firewall seems to be set at different points. Finally, the driver side mirror has a section that is for blind spots. It is more distracting than helpful. Overall, I paid 27k OTD and thought it was a great value. My wife is the primary driver and absolutely loves it. If I told her “either that car goes or I go”, I am not sure what her answer would be!!! (Kidding)."

Great car for the money

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Nothing but praise for this car"

"Initially, I planned to purchase a new Fusion with the large 4 cylinder turbo. Due to limited availability, I became impatient and bought a 2013 Accord Sport with the six speed manual transmission. I have nothing but praise for this car. This car delivers the most car for the money in my opinion. For $ 23,000 I bought a car that has every feature I need and none that I didn't really want. Over 10,000 miles, the car has averaged 32.2 MPG. Over the last 700 miles of driving in slightly flatter terrain than normal and at varying speeds below 70mph, the car has averaged 36.5 mpg. I have used the econo mode for probably 70% of the miles driven on this car. My Accord drives much better than my 2008 Camry SE V-6. My Accord has a firm ride which I personally like. I think this contributes to the great driving characteristics of this car but some may consider the ride too firm for a car of this type. I have no complaints after 8 months of ownership. In fact, I am strongly considering trading our 2008 Camry for another Accord for my wife."

Nice car over all, needs some minor changes

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Interior and features"

Cons: "Desined to work with I Phones not Android phones"

"Stiff ride, blind spot camera is useless at night, would prefer the older style blind spot detection. Interior is very nice. It has plenty of power. My transmission failed at 150 miles but I realize this can happen in manufacturing and is extremely rare."

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navi-- First time buyer..

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Ample interior space for someone 6'2" in height"

Cons: "None so far"

"My reasoning behind buying this vehicle was primarily to get better fuel economy. I purchased it on 5/31/2013 for $27,850, which is about $400 below invoice. I now have around 800 miles on it and I'm pleasantly surprised at the the gas mileage I'm getting. In city driving I'm getting 30 to 32 mpg. and on the highway I've gotten as good as 44.5 mpg. Now,this is driving at 65 mph with cruise on, econ on, AC off, and flat terrain. Normally, I see mpg range of 40 to 42 mpg highway(AC on)at 65 mph cruise on. I sure hope this vehicle is as reliable and dependable as far as it's ratings."

2013 Accord could be better! Bumpy rides!

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Blind spot camera, Rear view camera, Speedometer"

Cons: "Very bumpy ride!"

"The pros pretty much sums up the good part about the 2013 Accord EX-L Coupe. Going to focus on what is wrong with it from an owners perspective. The ride is extremely bumpy for a car this size. During test drive I thought it was the road condition but now realize that it is the car! Research online and you will see that the 2013 model has this exact problem! Honda manufacturer kind of failed on this aspect. Also on the coupe, the side frame blocks the driver's view when looking to the left. Design flaws. Makes me regret getting it. :("

Great Car, definitely enjoy the V6's power

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "V6, Integrated Apps/Texting/Phone, Safety Tech"

Cons: "Slow Nav unit (at times)"

"I would have to admit, I'm usually not someone that would write one of these reviews, but after I've had this car I couldn't resist. This one would have to have been the best decision that I could have made. I bought the EX-L V6-Navi model. I was looking at the Audi A4, the Lexus IS250/350 and also the Acura TSX, but I kept finding myself saying "Give the Accord a try". Well I did, and I was very impressed. It has improved a lot more than my 2005 that I had. Now down to why you really are reading this... Comfort: The leather seats are extremely comfortable even when driving for long 3hr+ trips. Ergonomics are very good for those that are tall and short (like myself). Media/Phone: I would have to say, before you actually buy the car... check to see if your phone is compatible with the system. I had a Samsung Galaxy S2 that had a lot of problems connecting to Pandora, and the Texting feature never worked at all. But with my Sony Xperia XL, I haven't seen any problems with connecting, Pandora and even reads my texts to me while I'm driving. Safety Features: The forward collision warning has definitely saved me on the way to work a time or two, but I would recommend trying out the different settings for it to "tune it in" to your likeness. For me, once I changed the settings it wasn't as much of an annoyance than a necessity. The lane departure warning system on the car took a little getting used to, but it's extremely useful especially on tight/narrow laned roads. The sideview camera took some getting used to, but once you have it you wonder what you would have done without it! Also the rearview camera is also extremely useful as well. Nav: Two notible problems with the Nav unit though, it is slow to respond at times and the constant lock out feature when you're moving 2-3 MPH is extremely annoying, especially when you're waiting for it to respond. Performance: I drove both the I4 and V6 models, did not really like the CVT in the 4 and it always made me feel like I wanted it to shift to a lower gear and it never went to lower revs. I drove the V6 and I was blown away. It takes some getting used to with the power, but it is very immediate and puts some of the sedans listed above to shame, including the TSX and TL. When I read the "professional" reviews of this car, I had my doubts about the power, but when I went to pass someone on a two lane road I was extremely surprised to see the needle at over 85 MPH from 45 that quickly, and the spec of a minivan in my rearview mirror. Overall: I've looked at the more expensive carsIt looks like a sleeper car from the outside, but once you actually drive it... you'll understand why I have a grin on my face because I have one in my driveway. With any of the tech on this car, I would HIGHLY recommend seeing the different settings and setting it for your driving style. A lot of the "professional" reviewers will not do this when reviewing a car, so some of their complaints can be resolved by taking the time to customize the car to you. See what you can tweak, and if you still don't like it... I'd be extremely surprised."

One Amazing Car!

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, amazing brakes, lovely interior"

Cons: "no lane-watch camera on the left side"

"This 2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L is my first car. The paint finish is excellent--just wash it and it shines, no wax needed. It has the lane watch, bluetooth integration with my IPhone. I love my car. It is amazing! It has great acceleration, great handling, great fuel economy (about 275 miles per half a tank)! The only thing I have that is iffy with me is the fact that lane watch is only on the right side. The dealer said that I could have it installed on the left side if would pay for it. Of course this year comes with a back up camera, and I love that specific feature. You still have to look around before, but once you start to back up it shows you how far to go by the different lines that show you how close your vehicle is to whatever is behind you. I read one review about the seats being uncomfortable--especially the leather. I happen to disagree--as long as the seat is adjusted properly it shouldn't be uncomfortable. I have had this car about 4-5 months, and drove it everywhere. In the city, on the highway, in heavy traffic, and as said in some of the other reviews, this car does like to go fast. There is no difference between going 40 and going 60 or 70. It handles great--I can take the curves in the highway close to my house at 60 with no issue. Even my mom, a die-hard Toyota fan, loves my car. She has a 2007 Camry, with the comparable engine to mine, and it whines and seems as if it has a hard time pulling the car. It is loud and noisy compared to mine. I like the design better than the Civic--it was way too small--even in the coupe, I can fit my younger brother, my mom and her boyfriend without having people's legs cramp. I like the touch screen instead of the knobs. It is easy to change the radio station without taking my eyes off the road. However, the volume and source of the music can be changed from the steering wheel, the same as a call being answered through bluetooth. The interior of this car is beatiful--it looks like a spaceship's cockpit. This car also has excellent brakes. It makes me feel safer to know that if I do hit the brake pedal the car will stop. The overall quality of this car is good--if you want something that is a little bit sportier than the Camry, Maxima or the Sonata."

Love the 2013 Accord!

By on Saturday, May 11, 2013

"I have owned 2 previous Accords & this by far is my favorite! I love the look of the new body style & the car drives great! My favorite additions to the Accord are the lane change camera as well as the back up camera. I am very pleased with the 2013 Accord!"

Do NOT buy the Navi option

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

"Honda confirmed today that is not and will not be possible to turn off the 'beep' that occurs every time you click. Huh? This is a software change (deficiency). You've got to be kidding me. Using the system is akin to conditioned response from electric shock. You learn to avoid it."

This is by far the best vehicle I've owned

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "good driving experience, great mileage"

Cons: "some road noise"

"I can't say enough about this car. The estimated mpg highway was listed at 36 but I usually get around 40 mpg when I use the eco assist feature. I love the redesign both inside and out. The engine is a 2.4 liter but has plenty of power and acceleration and is very quiet. The ride is also very smooth but there is road noise on bad roads. I would definitely recommend this car. It also has a very good resale value compared to other makes."