2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,959 - $20,795.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 161 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Another GRANDSLAM for HONDA!

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "Too Many to List!"

"I can’t say enough great things about this car! If I tell you everything it would take up this whole web page. This is the 4th Accord we bought since 1998. The 1998 Accord we bought new and kept it for 10 years and traded it in with 140,000 miles for a 2008 model. In 2003 I traded in my 1999 Ford Exploder (yes I said Exploder not Explorer), for a 2003 Accord EX-V6. One thing we noticed from the 1998 Accord compared to the 2008 Accord, Honda kept the quality in the engine, but it the interior seemed cheap and littler noisier in the cabin when driving down the compared to the 1998 and the 2003. I sold my 2003 Accord (yes somebody wanted my 10 year old car) out right in June of this year and purchased the 2013 Accord EX-V6. The 2013 Accord EX-V6 sedan is AWESOME! Honda went back to its roots, meaning the interior is top notch, ride is quite and comfortable. The 278 horsepower under the hood is truly impressive! I wasn’t sure if I was going to like the variable cylinder management, but honestly you don’t notice the difference when driving down the highway with the cruise control and all of the sudden you need to “step on it” to pass a truck or someone driving under the speed limit. City driving I get 25 MPG and highway I get 35 MPG. Having the Honda Free Link system is great when making a phone call. I have had no problems with the voice recognition function on the Honda Free Link System. Currently I have 2,600 miles on my car. Did I forget to mention the vents in the back behind the center console for those who are sitting in the back seat is a standard feature on the 2013 Accord EX-V6 sedan? Not to mention the dual climate control, heated exterior mirrors, and a day/night rearview mirror. Lane watch camera is nice, plus the lane departure warning and front collision warning. My wife is quite a bit shorter than me so the memory function for the driver seat is great. This is controlled by the key fobs. On a scale of 1-10 I would give this car a 12! My wife drove it for the first time last weekend and she loved it. She said it is a lot nicer than the 2008 Accord she is currently driving. Finally I get a lot of compliments on this car from everyone saying how nice it looks. Ironically you have all the same features on this car compared to a BMW or Mercedes for half the cost, plus with the quality of a Honda everyone knows you will get well over 200,000 miles out of the engine."

Great stylish car. Honda nailed it again.

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "Great car for the money. Go compare."

Cons: "No air duct work for rear passenger comfort"

"Handles very well and seating is comfortable. The low profile tires make SPORT ride a little stiff due to less flexing of tire side wall. You may want to opt for smaller diameter rims to get tires with higher side walls. Fuel mileage is from 26 to 33 MPG thus far for 2000 miles. I drove all the other cars up to $8000.00 more than the Honda but still liked the Honda the best. I would have given this car a 10 but nothing is 100% perfect."

Love the car, this is my third Honda.

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "I like all the safety features."

Cons: "The only thing I do not like is that the CVT trans"

"The only thing I do not like is that the CVT transmission is very Jerky after the car has sat for a while."

Performance & Value for money and more !!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Mileage, Drive, Safety,Sleek design, i-MID"

Cons: "getting used to CVT"

"Having driven almost every model in this class in the last 10 years of been on the road nothing has felt more safer, intuitive and consistent as this one. Power when you need it, performance when you need this car just is true value for money. Yes I have faced minor issues of small noise in the cabin which was taken care very easily by the dealer . I would not say that this car has the bests every model on every area but the overall package is well worth the money I paid. I get anywhere between 35-40 on a local driving stretch to office which is a pleasant surprise (though I am not an aggressive driver). I would recommend this to anyone who likes a balance do power, safety, elegance and performance. Definitely not for those inclined for luxury though most features match those offered by the Luxury cars."

Come on it's a Honda!

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "Great mpg, Affordable, Looks Slick, Just GREAT"

Cons: "I don't have any!"

"My wife and I recently bought our second ACCORD. We LOVE it. In town with a lot of stop and go we get between 15 and 25mpg. On the Highway the EPA estimated 36mpg is conservative. On one trip 80 miles @ 55 mph= 42.0 mpg. On the way back @ 65 mph= 39.7 mpg. We weren't in a hurry and loved the drive. Most people will go faster, but they don't really need to. Come on it's a HONDA!"

Don't buy a car

By on Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pros: "Bluetooth phone features, paddle shifters"

Cons: "cruise control only works 20% of the time..."

"I haven't had this car a month and put 700 miles on it. The cruise controls has been up and down like a yoyo since 300 miles. Rides like a typical car would. Don't buy it, Spend the extra money and buy a Truck/SUV you will be much happier. I should have never traded my truck for a car. Horrible decision."

Best Honda ever

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "great features, enjoyable to drive & good leg room"

Cons: "not found any yet."

"This is my 3rd Honda Accord, but by far the best of them. I got it the first week of October 2012. The backup camera, lane drift, front crash alert & best of all the camera in the right side mirror highlight fantastic values. I've gotten as high as 35.2 on highway & 22.7 in town with my V-6. The residual value is one of the most important features of a car & Honda doesn't disappoint. I got 59% of what I paid for my 2008 in trade, not taking into account taxes etc, just price to price. In 5 years when I'm ready for another new car it will be another Honda Accord."

Best Accord by far, Best midsize on the market

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, Comfort, Value"

Cons: "radio could be a little better"

"I bought the V6 with navigation in May after looking at Mercedes C class, Lexus ES, Toyota Avalon and Toyota Camry, the Ford Fusion, Hyundai Sonata were both discarded for visibility problems and the VW Passat dealers were inept so we never got a look at one. This car will steal market share from below and above its price point, the value is unreal, this car thinks it’s a luxury car and it loves to be driven, the handling is really a strong suit, it’s perfectly sprung and the V6 is extremely quick, very powerful. In addition this new Honda has a full array of tech features one of which I really like is the lane change camera and the backup camera has to be one of the most sophisticated on the market Extremely well thought out, very comfortable seating, car just feels so right, the Mercedes was a huge disappointment, severe turbo lag, stiff, interior felt old within five minutes. Lexus ES looked good inside but really felt like they just added weight to keep it stable, sled like ride, the Avalon rode like an old Buick, it felt huge too and the Camry, what are they thinking?...Camry is going backwards our 97 was nicer, they really cheaped out on the new Camry imo. I’ve owned BMW’s, Mercedes, Acura, Hondas and Toyotas and have to say this is the nicest car, best balanced, value oriented car of them all. I don’t think there is a better bang for your buck out there. Honda really killed it with this one….Best Accord ever."

OUTSTANDING CAR AND VALUE

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "PERFORMANCE, COMFORT, FUN TO DRIVE, GREAT VALUE"

Cons: "NO SIX DISC CD PLAYER"

"MY EXL-V6 REGULARLY GETS 34 MILES PER GALLON WHILE DRIVING ON THE HIGHWAY WITH OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE AND COMFORT. IT RIDES LIKE A BMW 5 SERIES AT LESS THAN HALF THE COST. PASSING ON TWO LANE ROADS IS EFFORTLESS. THE CAMERAS, LANE DEPARTURE WARNING SYSTEM AND ETC HAVE ADDED TO DRIVING ENJOYMENT. THE LEATHER INTERIOR IS VERY COMFORTABLE. HONDA HAS REALLY OUTDONE THEMSELVES."

AMERICAN Honda - Called AMERICAN for a Reason

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Great styling overall."

Cons: "Poor mechanics overall. See NHTSA Complaints."

"Major mechanical failure at 9,200 miles. Replaced transmission and torque converter. Major warranty commitment failure at 9,900 miles. AMERICAN Honda has adopted the warranty service policies of Ford, Chrysler and GM. Tell the owner there is nothing wrong, the vehicle operates normally. Do not fix the problem if it is costly or difficult. Make it the consumer's problem."