2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,756 - $20,780.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

really nice car

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

"Very comfortable and plenty of power"

Almost perfect

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "Good size; gas mileage; technology"

Cons: "Stiff uncomfortable ride"

"Almost everything positive you've read about this car is true: perfect size; latest technology; great gas mileage; etc. The car would be perfect except for one thing: in an effort to make the car handle well with struts instead of the previous double wishbone suspension, Honda made the suspension so stiff it is unbearable on a daily basis. Every bump, every hole, every seam on every road is felt, and a lot. Even on the highway it is constantly pitching and moving from side to side. Make sure you take a LONG, LONG test drive before buying one. I wish I had."

Best Honda ever

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "great features, enjoyable to drive & good leg room"

Cons: "not found any yet."

"This is my 3rd Honda Accord, but by far the best of them. I got it the first week of October 2012. The backup camera, lane drift, front crash alert & best of all the camera in the right side mirror highlight fantastic values. I've gotten as high as 35.2 on highway & 22.7 in town with my V-6. The residual value is one of the most important features of a car & Honda doesn't disappoint. I got 59% of what I paid for my 2008 in trade, not taking into account taxes etc, just price to price. In 5 years when I'm ready for another new car it will be another Honda Accord."

An enjoyable car.

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

Pros: "Comfort. Bang for the buck. Economic."

Cons: "Front storage and cubbies."

"The car has provided very dependable transportation. Service has been easy and enjoyable. Front storage could be better designed. Good gas mileage especially on the highway. I have not been disappointed with my choice of the Accord."

not as good as it could be for the price

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "ok to drive no big deal"

Cons: "window defrost isn't good at all in cold weather"

"I have found on the highway if there is any wind the front will swaying from side to side a bit at speeds over 60mph. It would be nice if you could open the trunk like the doors instead of having to open the door to open the trunk."

Overall Very Well Done

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "Easy to Live With, Gas Mileage, Surprising Fun"

Cons: "Low End Power, No Heated Seat Option"

"I have owned the car now for 17000 Miles and I have to say this is an extremely well built well thought out car. Unlike most midsize cars that do one or two things extremely well and leave the rest to be desired. This car does everything well, nothing is outstanding but everything is done well. Driving dynamics of my 2013 Sport are on par with the better cars in classes above it. All the technology bits (bluetooth, handsfree, pandora radio) are easy to use, understand and master. Relatively quiet on the road even at speeds over 100. Plenty of space, great all around visibility and very easy to drive. The CVT is the best one I have ever driven. We have two CVT cars and this one is hands down the best. Test drove a lot of other midsize cars with a CVT and unless your really paying attention you would never know the Accord even has a CVT. The paddle shifters actually work, there are 7 pre-programmed spots in the transmission and the computer will actually let you select and hold the 'gear' you want to be in. 'Shifts' are quick and precise and in sport mode the car acts completely different, very responsive at speed, holds rpms longer, just feels faster even though it really isn't. With that said this car could benefit from more power. I know there is a V6 available but you can't get that in a Sport, which is the best looking Accord by far, otherwise I would have gotten a V6 Sport. The 4 cylinder definitely lacks grunt on the low end but makes up for it at speeds and once the RPMs start going north of 4k. With all the turbos out there now a small scroll turbo could add 40 or 50 more horses and would really wake this engine and car up. All in all this car is super easy to live with, well engineered, and surprising fun to drive. Its no rear drive V8, but when the kids aren't in the car is can easily put a smile on your face on the way to work in Sport mode all while returned good gas mileage (I am averaging 29-31 Overall of mostly spirited driving, I did get 38 on one long trip). With a little more grunt and maybe some heat warmers as options this would easily be the best car in the class, but even without those things I can't see why its not already."

Awesome car

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, great price for speed and features"

Cons: "Suspension - bumpy ride"

"I love this car. It's fun to drive, slick, sporty, and yet extremely practical thanks to the reliability and fairly spacious rear seat. If you care about reliability and high tech gadgets, you won't find anything more fun to drive that's not at least $10k more. The only real downside is that the suspension makes for a bumpy ride. Otherwise, wonderful car, and wonderful value for the money."

I'd miss it if it were traded in

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Value, solid construction, fun to drive."

Cons: "Seats could be more comfortable with extra padding"

"This is a strange way to start a review but I've been disappointed by so many new cars in recent years that it seems appropriate. A dealer asked me, "You trade for new cars far more often than the normal person. Why is that?" My answer: "If I like a car, I'll keep it but won't live with one I don't". No worries any longer with this new Accord as I truly would miss not having it so if that's a strange endorsement, so be it. The Accord Sport does everything very well. Not outstanding, mind you, but very well and that degree of consistency is hard to find. Could it be more powerful? Yes but there's more than enough there to zoom onto an interstate from an entry ramp, quickly pass a 18 wheeler in the rain, or to feel the rush of quick acceleration. Could it handle better? Yes again, but realizing this is not a $50,000+ exotic of some kind, it handles competently. The seating comfort is just okay for me. I've had better but also have had worse so it gets a solid B-. MPG in mixed driving is getting close to 30mpg and I don't baby it so that's spectacular in my view. I'm keeping this one for at least another 3-4 years and that's as big a recommendation as there is when it comes to my picky preferences for new cars. I really would miss it too much not to have it."

Buyer's remorse

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "Good value for the money"

Cons: "Terrible ride quality"

"I traded in a 2008 Accord Sedan EX-L for this 2013 Accord Coupe EX-L w/ Nav. Big mistake. The primary reason? The new car's ride is so harsh as to be quite uncomfortable. My 2008 Accord was smooth as silk. Now I feel every little bump, seam or whatever in the road. Not a pleasant experience. I recommend anyone considering a new Accord take it for a prolonged test drive over a variety of surfaces. When I took my car for a test drive, I realized the ride was "firmer" than my 2008 Accord, but I had no idea how much different it was. If it wasn't for the rough ride, plus slightly glitchy software, I would give this car a 10/10 rating. I love the styling and features. It seems considerably quicker than my 2008. I think it's a good value for the money (if you don't mind being bounced around), and I'm getting significantly better gas mileage compared to my 2008 (28-29 MPG combined city/highway, compared to 23-24 MPG for the 2008). I'm just very disappointed that Honda missed so big on something as basic as ride quality."

Great car for Great price

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pros: "great price great power with CVT good features"

Cons: "no sunroof or backup sensors"

My accord with a water scenic background

"I traded my 2006 Honda Civic for the 2013 Honda Accord Sport in July 2013. Great car with lots of space. Everything is conveniently located. I only wish that it had a sunroof and came with the backup sensors. I've since added the backup sensors and the homelink. Good on gas and a comfortable ride."

My accord with a water scenic background