2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,947 - $20,914.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 218 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

OUTSTANDING CAR AND VALUE

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "PERFORMANCE, COMFORT, FUN TO DRIVE, GREAT VALUE"

Cons: "NO SIX DISC CD PLAYER"

"MY EXL-V6 REGULARLY GETS 34 MILES PER GALLON WHILE DRIVING ON THE HIGHWAY WITH OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE AND COMFORT. IT RIDES LIKE A BMW 5 SERIES AT LESS THAN HALF THE COST. PASSING ON TWO LANE ROADS IS EFFORTLESS. THE CAMERAS, LANE DEPARTURE WARNING SYSTEM AND ETC HAVE ADDED TO DRIVING ENJOYMENT. THE LEATHER INTERIOR IS VERY COMFORTABLE. HONDA HAS REALLY OUTDONE THEMSELVES."

really nice car

By on Friday, November 22, 2013

"Very comfortable and plenty of power"

Shake, Shake and more Shake!!!!!!!!!!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Good Car"

Cons: "Shakes too much for me."

"Owned Toyota's for many years. Figured I would try a Honda Accord EX. Mistake. Car did not ride/drive right from day one. Car and steering wheel shakes between 45 and 80+MPH. Had it back three times and after many road-force checks and wheel balancing failures I am now waiting to see the Honda rep to discuss. Asked for the car to be fixed, replaced or I get my money back so I could then purchase a Toyota."

Best Honda ever

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "great features, enjoyable to drive & good leg room"

Cons: "not found any yet."

"This is my 3rd Honda Accord, but by far the best of them. I got it the first week of October 2012. The backup camera, lane drift, front crash alert & best of all the camera in the right side mirror highlight fantastic values. I've gotten as high as 35.2 on highway & 22.7 in town with my V-6. The residual value is one of the most important features of a car & Honda doesn't disappoint. I got 59% of what I paid for my 2008 in trade, not taking into account taxes etc, just price to price. In 5 years when I'm ready for another new car it will be another Honda Accord."

Very good but Flaws Exist

By on Thursday, June 11, 2015

"I love the acceleration, steering, and gas mileage. I do not like the excessive tire noise, CVT transmission, entry difficulty (6'2") and terrible stereo. I put $1500.00 into 4 new speakers, an amp, and a sub-woofer to make the stereo acceptable. I'm gonna trade it in for a Chevy Impala 2LTZ, which has a much higher rating on the auto sites, and does not have the faults noted above."

Best of the great eight Hondas I have owned

By on Wednesday, May 20, 2015

"Grew up in a GM family and continued that trend after marriage. Then we got a 2nd hand Honda hatch-back as a second car, and we were hooked. Eight Hondas later, this 2013 model is the best of all. Looks and drives like a higher priced car with all the bells and whistles. And with all the dependability of a Honda. When I get a new one, one of my kids buys the old one...sometimes our get-togethers look like a Honda used car lot!!!"

An enjoyable car.

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

Pros: "Comfort. Bang for the buck. Economic."

Cons: "Front storage and cubbies."

"The car has provided very dependable transportation. Service has been easy and enjoyable. Front storage could be better designed. Good gas mileage especially on the highway. I have not been disappointed with my choice of the Accord."

Great car.

By on Saturday, July 25, 2015

"I have had this car for two plus years and have never had a mechanical problem of any sort. Safety features on this car are excellent! I did have a flat tire that I had to drive on because there was no safe place to stop. I had to buy a new tire and felt that was understandable considering the situation. This has been a great car for me so far. The only other car I've owned that was also great for me was my 2006 Acura TL. Made several trips from Washington state to Virginia in it and never once had a problem."

not as good as it could be for the price

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "ok to drive no big deal"

Cons: "window defrost isn't good at all in cold weather"

"I have found on the highway if there is any wind the front will swaying from side to side a bit at speeds over 60mph. It would be nice if you could open the trunk like the doors instead of having to open the door to open the trunk."

Overall Very Well Done

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "Easy to Live With, Gas Mileage, Surprising Fun"

Cons: "Low End Power, No Heated Seat Option"

"I have owned the car now for 17000 Miles and I have to say this is an extremely well built well thought out car. Unlike most midsize cars that do one or two things extremely well and leave the rest to be desired. This car does everything well, nothing is outstanding but everything is done well. Driving dynamics of my 2013 Sport are on par with the better cars in classes above it. All the technology bits (bluetooth, handsfree, pandora radio) are easy to use, understand and master. Relatively quiet on the road even at speeds over 100. Plenty of space, great all around visibility and very easy to drive. The CVT is the best one I have ever driven. We have two CVT cars and this one is hands down the best. Test drove a lot of other midsize cars with a CVT and unless your really paying attention you would never know the Accord even has a CVT. The paddle shifters actually work, there are 7 pre-programmed spots in the transmission and the computer will actually let you select and hold the 'gear' you want to be in. 'Shifts' are quick and precise and in sport mode the car acts completely different, very responsive at speed, holds rpms longer, just feels faster even though it really isn't. With that said this car could benefit from more power. I know there is a V6 available but you can't get that in a Sport, which is the best looking Accord by far, otherwise I would have gotten a V6 Sport. The 4 cylinder definitely lacks grunt on the low end but makes up for it at speeds and once the RPMs start going north of 4k. With all the turbos out there now a small scroll turbo could add 40 or 50 more horses and would really wake this engine and car up. All in all this car is super easy to live with, well engineered, and surprising fun to drive. Its no rear drive V8, but when the kids aren't in the car is can easily put a smile on your face on the way to work in Sport mode all while returned good gas mileage (I am averaging 29-31 Overall of mostly spirited driving, I did get 38 on one long trip). With a little more grunt and maybe some heat warmers as options this would easily be the best car in the class, but even without those things I can't see why its not already."