2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,809 - $20,815.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 202 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

2013 Saved my life

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Safety, Size, Manual Transmission Option,"

Cons: "Hill assist, Bi-fold mirror, Trunk Noises at idle,"

"I had a 2013 which was hit head on by a drunk driver about 2 weeks after purchasing it. The car saved my life. The Drunk was in a full sized truck, and although the Accord was totaled, i do not think i would be writing this if it were not for that car. I went out and purchased a 2014 sport with a 6-speed to replace the LX in which i had prior. The differences between the 13 and 14 are very small, although the 14 has better paint. I am 6'2" tall, there is still enough room behind me for my father who is 6'4" to fit without his knees touching the back of my seat. I love this car, it is big, the 4cyl is plenty quick (0-60 6.5 with the manual) and i average 29MPG. Cost to fill is about 38.00 at 3.19 a gallon. I typically get 445-525 miles per tank. (Not broken in yet) The trunk is huge, the body lines make it look like a much more expensive car. BAD: There is a lot of cabin noise from exhaust notes at idle. I don't think the trunk has enough sound proofing. It doesn't bother me yet, but i am sure it will get annoying. The hill assist is really more of a problem then help, as it doesn't always work, changes the grab point of the clutch, and makes entering an intersection on a hill "interesting". There is a bi-fold in the mirror, which is really stupid.. They claim it helps with blind spots, but if you know how to drive, this will get annoying.. (Changed the mirror glass with a 2012 mirror glass) Verdict: I would recommend this car to anyone who needs a bigger car, its comfortable, gets great MPG, and looks sharp. It's very safe "Proved that", and since it is a honda, it will likely run forever."

Premium car at budget price

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Value for money, Fun to drive, features, Style"

Cons: "60/40 seat, trunk shape"

"I took more than one year to buy new car and in between I was going through numerous reviews, Test Rides and friends experiences (Whoever bought any car brand in 1st week they were blown away but after some time you can see them back to reality). SUV or Car: In my purchase process I was first confused to go with Sedan or SUV. My daily Driving is 70 miles RT and compact crossover SUV failed to impress me in front of Midsize sedans so finally decided to go with Car. In SUV I was researching RAV4 or CRV and both had plus minuses but I really like how RAV4 came up with all new changes. I have 2002 Camry and I drove 100k+. In 2012 I was almost sure to buy Camry but as time goes by I took test ride of Nissan Altima 2013, Kia Optima 13, Sonata 13, Toyota Camry 13 and Accord 13. After major changes in Accord I finally decided to consider with Camry. Comparing apple to Apple Accord LX has same feature as Camry SE (e.g. Alloy wheel, Dealer price etc..) 1. Overall Quality, Performance, Instrument Panel and Design: When I compared Camry as long as interior design concerned, Camry is nowhere closer to Accord. Dashboard Design is awesome, Big screen is mind blowing (non touch screen though) but position and layout is very cool. 2. Comfort: I felt Both Cars are same (few analysts say Accord is better). Honda has more cabin space. 3. Features and Style: Style doesn't have any measurement and it goes by individual perception. Accord has lots of bells and whistles, chrome plating looks cool and car style and ride quality is aggressive. New Accord looks is another factor to shift me from Camry. 4. Fuel Economy: Second best in midsize car and fortunately true. 5. Features & Accessories Quality: I am not expert but all new cars' accessories looks good and Accord is not exception. 6. Car Height: My friend had 2012 Accord and I had really hard time to come out but in new accord it's very convenient. 7. Safety and Resale Value: Accord is best in midsize segment if you see stats. 8. CVT: Few people love to complaint about reliability of CVT transmission. CVT makes ride smooth and fuel efficient. As long as reliability is concerned time will decide but looking at current trend Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Audi, Honda, Ford, Benz and many more are shifting towards CVT. Replacement is costly but as years goes by technology becomes complicated and expensive for simple solution. 9. Seat Comfort: I am 6' tall, Lot of people complained about comfort but I don't have issue. Seat fabric and design is way better than Camry. Cons: 1. 60/40: In Accord Rear Seat not 60/40 split, never mind I don't use that frequently. 2. Audio: Car Audio quality is good but not great. 3. Trunk space: Not impressed with layout as older cars has low bed, big opening and better shape to fit 3 check-in bags but new shape is not efficient even though Camry and Accord has biggest cargo space. 4. Reliability in log run: hmm when I went through car complaints, I saw lot of issues reported but ~90% complaints were related to Seat comfort and Audio connection in old Accords, Don't worry and trust your luck. Even my Camry has engine down (May be I got lemon) still Honda and Toyota are very reliable cars at least KBB and JD Power says that. Final words: In current market Honda Accord offers best value for money, it has excellent features and feels like premium level car, it crushed all the competitors. Accord has more Pros than Cons. I will recommend Accord at anytime to my dear ones."

Good car with some irritating design flaws

By on Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable, quiet, planted, roomy, attractive"

Cons: "Design issues reduce driving pleasure"

"I recently bought the 2014 Accord Sport with a 6-speed manual. I think it’s a fine car but a few design oversights, clustered around the driver, are really frustrating–especially when past Honda efforts lead you to expect the details to be well thought out. GOOD - Comfortable - Quiet, planted - Roomy interior - Attractive inside and out ONLY OK - The anti-lock brakes engage too soon (Colorado driver) - Ride could be a little more compliant, especially on concrete roads - Why couldn’t I get the v-6 with the manual transmission? While the drivetrain is adequate, the 4-cyl is kind of a paper tiger DESIGN ISSUES - The windshield wipers leave the residue line right in front of the driver’s line of sight - The console is located so far back that only the point of my elbow can rest on it - The sun visor sticks right into your forehead when you rotate it to the side - The driver’s side rear view mirror has a convex section that makes you nauseous every time you look at it - The rear seat folds down only as a block; stupid"

Fun then good resale.

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun and value."

Cons: "Leather steering wheel feels plastic."

"My choice for my 5th straight Honda was the 2013 Sport manual transmission because if you like a stick this car is sporty enough to deserve one. It's got lots of power yet is pleasant to drive at slow speeds too. It has a long power band once into 2nd gear. And 3rd and 4th will wind out way more than almost anybody would dare to try. It's not a BMW but it's not $15,000 more either! Some people might not like the exhaust growl but, hey, it's a sport sedan and Honda took a stand. The 18 inch wheels are slick! And whenever you sell it you'll get a good buck. Honda's prevent people from going broke on cars so buy one."

Great Car, definitely enjoy the V6's power

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "V6, Integrated Apps/Texting/Phone, Safety Tech"

Cons: "Slow Nav unit (at times)"

"I would have to admit, I'm usually not someone that would write one of these reviews, but after I've had this car I couldn't resist. This one would have to have been the best decision that I could have made. I bought the EX-L V6-Navi model. I was looking at the Audi A4, the Lexus IS250/350 and also the Acura TSX, but I kept finding myself saying "Give the Accord a try". Well I did, and I was very impressed. It has improved a lot more than my 2005 that I had. Now down to why you really are reading this... Comfort: The leather seats are extremely comfortable even when driving for long 3hr+ trips. Ergonomics are very good for those that are tall and short (like myself). Media/Phone: I would have to say, before you actually buy the car... check to see if your phone is compatible with the system. I had a Samsung Galaxy S2 that had a lot of problems connecting to Pandora, and the Texting feature never worked at all. But with my Sony Xperia XL, I haven't seen any problems with connecting, Pandora and even reads my texts to me while I'm driving. Safety Features: The forward collision warning has definitely saved me on the way to work a time or two, but I would recommend trying out the different settings for it to "tune it in" to your likeness. For me, once I changed the settings it wasn't as much of an annoyance than a necessity. The lane departure warning system on the car took a little getting used to, but it's extremely useful especially on tight/narrow laned roads. The sideview camera took some getting used to, but once you have it you wonder what you would have done without it! Also the rearview camera is also extremely useful as well. Nav: Two notible problems with the Nav unit though, it is slow to respond at times and the constant lock out feature when you're moving 2-3 MPH is extremely annoying, especially when you're waiting for it to respond. Performance: I drove both the I4 and V6 models, did not really like the CVT in the 4 and it always made me feel like I wanted it to shift to a lower gear and it never went to lower revs. I drove the V6 and I was blown away. It takes some getting used to with the power, but it is very immediate and puts some of the sedans listed above to shame, including the TSX and TL. When I read the "professional" reviews of this car, I had my doubts about the power, but when I went to pass someone on a two lane road I was extremely surprised to see the needle at over 85 MPH from 45 that quickly, and the spec of a minivan in my rearview mirror. Overall: I've looked at the more expensive carsIt looks like a sleeper car from the outside, but once you actually drive it... you'll understand why I have a grin on my face because I have one in my driveway. With any of the tech on this car, I would HIGHLY recommend seeing the different settings and setting it for your driving style. A lot of the "professional" reviewers will not do this when reviewing a car, so some of their complaints can be resolved by taking the time to customize the car to you. See what you can tweak, and if you still don't like it... I'd be extremely surprised."