2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,769 - $20,670.

10/8.2

8.1

Based on 179 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Accord 2013 - Best Accord since 2003

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun ride, stylish, powerful"

"I own 2013 Accord EX-L V6 and its got as much power as a Camaro except its much more reliable than Camaro. I am happy with my purchase and will recommend it to anyone."

Not so happy

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "Back up camera, exterior styling"

Cons: "Engine, transmission, quality, gas mileage"

"At first, I really enjoyed the car, but I soon realized the mistake that I made. The suspension is an absolute nightmare. You feel every single crack in the road, and the 18 inch wheels do not help the issue. There is also an excessive amount of road noise, as well as engine noise. The transmission I feel is another problem. You really have to put your foot down to get any response from the car, and at low speeds the transmission shudders and jerks. Also, when braking, it can be felt around 5-10 mph that the transmission attempts to slow down the car. A CVT shouldn't have this issue as it is designed to be smoother than a conventional automatic. The build quality is also lacking, both interior and exterior. There are cheap plastics everywhere to be seen, and the upholstery shows every spec of dirt possible. As for the exterior, the spacing between the doors is immense, I'm surprised there's no water in the car after it rains. Being that this is the Sport model, it has dual exhaust. The exhaust pipe on the left side hangs lower than the right and is aesthetically displeasing. There is also an issue with gas mileage. Honda is known for making fuel efficient cars but this car is too big for its engine. Unless you drive like a grandma, you are not getting anywhere near the EPA estimates. Basically it's a hunk of junk, and I should have never bought this car. Too bad it's a lease, or it would be long gone by now. Honda should be ashamed to put their name on this."

Oil pump failure, car towed

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Good fuel economy, nice design in and out"

Cons: "Reliability, uncomfortable seat, AC operation"

"I have a 2013 Accord LX with automatic CVT and 15,200 miles, bought new. The other night leaving work, I started the car and it made a horrendous grinding, screeching sound. I did not drive it. Every light on the dash (check engine, oil light, etc.) was on. I needed a tow from work late at night. The Honda dealer said they've never seen this before. They replaced the oil pump, timing chain, sprocket, etc. It was there for one week. All items covered under warranty. I've never heard of such a serious repair issue on car with so little mileage. Needless to say, I am very disappointed with my decision to buy a Honda. This was a MAJOR inconvenience. Prior to this incident, everything was fine. Good ride and mileage between 34-37 mpg. My other complaint is the uncomfortable seat, as I drive long distances, and the AC goes on when the defrost is selected."

Great vehicle with exceptions

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Reason: Not the right fit

Pros: "Push Start,Keyless entry,Valet key"

Cons: "Paint scratches easily,Seat Height,Audio Beeps"

"Rating 8/10 for quality as the black paint scratches VERY easily. Rating 7/10 for comfort/convenience as I found the drivers seat does not elevate high enough. I'm 5'5" and need the seat higher than an average driver. However, the power seat was still not enough for my taste. I hit the upper limit. Check this out before you buy. One major annoyance is the audio system. It BEEPS every time you change the station and their is no option to turn off this beep. Why? I test drove a Hyundai Sonata and it had the same problem. How many other vehicles make annoying beeps like this? The vehicle drivers fantastic. I did not notice any issues with vibration as another reviewer stated. The CVT takes some getting used to, however, I am 100% okay with it. It feels like a manual transmission but automatically shifts for you. I love the valet key option and that you can lock the trunk from inside and separate the valet key from your remote. I really like the mileage indicators in the display that fades from green to white if mileage is bad (hard acceleration). Push start button is very fun. Touch the door handle to open the doors. Keyless everything! The navigation system is very cool. It gives you an isometric map view. The rear view camera is great and so is the right mirror lane-change camera. Overall, there is a ton of thought that went into this vehicle. It's a fantastic vehicle. Honda sales and service is top-notch. However, I recommend you check the seat height and radio system before you buy."

Shake, Shake and more Shake!!!!!!!!!!

By on Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Pros: "Good Car"

Cons: "Shakes too much for me."

"Owned Toyota's for many years. Figured I would try a Honda Accord EX. Mistake. Car did not ride/drive right from day one. Car and steering wheel shakes between 45 and 80+MPH. Had it back three times and after many road-force checks and wheel balancing failures I am now waiting to see the Honda rep to discuss. Asked for the car to be fixed, replaced or I get my money back so I could then purchase a Toyota."