2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,864 - $20,855.

10/8.2

8.2

Based on 192 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Best Overall Value

By on Friday, March 13, 2015

Pros: "Better than all the others that are 25k or less"

Cons: "Honda - Let me buy an EX-L with a manual!!!"

"I have the EX with the manual transmission. You simply cant beat the combination of performance, fuel economy and purchase price. This is my first Honda and I am in my mid 50's, wish I would of tried one sooner. 0-60 in 6.7 seconds, room for four adults, and averages 31 mpg all for just 25k. Yippie-Ki-Yay"

An enjoyable car.

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

Pros: "Comfort. Bang for the buck. Economic."

Cons: "Front storage and cubbies."

"The car has provided very dependable transportation. Service has been easy and enjoyable. Front storage could be better designed. Good gas mileage especially on the highway. I have not been disappointed with my choice of the Accord."

Driver seat designed fr tall driver, uncomfortable

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

Pros: "Good mileage, smooth ride, V6 - fast acceleration"

Cons: "Rusted, bad body assembly. bad sound system."

"1. rusted in some of the engine parts and on axle and all rods on my brand new EX-L V6. Emailed Honda but no reply. Brought back to the dealer and they said rust on new cars is "normal". 2. engine has low hum noise when accelerate. the noise disappear after few minutes but comes back when press the acceleration paddle again. 3. the premium sound system sounds awful. subwoofer is useless. you can't hear the low sound. 4. I drive 440 miles weekly for 1 1/2 year and the average hwy mileage is 31 to 33, never 35. My drive is door to door on hwy and is after midnight, no traffic on the road and I use cruise control all the way. 5. the body and trunk assembly are sluppy unmatched. the rear luggage trunk leaves a 1/2 inche gap. 6. Cruise control speed is not as stable my previous Honda Accord V6. Once set up the cruise speed, you decrease few miles on climbing hills and increase few miles when going down the hills. 7. The driver seat is designed for tall drivers. I am 5'5" and I can hardly see the entire front view. I need a pillow below my bud to have a good view. 8. The fog lights are not working after few months. I have not get a chance to bring it back to fix. The dealer ask for a day to repair. Othewise, Accord should be a very reliable car, easy to drive, fast in acceleration and has the most advance driving technology to help you acess the conditions. even 32 mpg is not too bad, I can still manage driving 440 miles without refill."

Dependable car- lots of wind/road noise

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Pros: "good handling, reliability"

Cons: "road, wind, and suspension noise"

"I have a love/hate relationship with this car. I like the handling and reliability of the vehicle. I hate the road, suspension, and wind noise. I wanted to like Honda because they make reliable products, just can't get over how noisy this vehicle is. Will never buy a Honda again."

Great fuel economy

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "Fuel economy"

Cons: "Road noise"

"Great price for a midsize car."

caution

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "lane watch"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"had the car for 3 months and its not getting the mpg it said on sticker 27 mpg never got it 37 mpg never get it lets interior materials are pretty cheap for the ex seats are uncomfortable stereo is lack luster only thing good is the lanewatch cause that helps out alot and the back up camera"

LOVE THIS CAR!

By on Sunday, January 25, 2015

Pros: "Fun! Styling! Great value!"

Cons: "No memory for power seats"

"I had originally went in to purchase a 2012 accord when I saw the 2013's, I fell in love. I leased a LX but later was upset when I saw the sport. So after a year was up on my lease, I went in and leased a 2014 sport. I love it! I will be buying this car! It has great styling, I love the paddle shifters, and it's roomy and comfortable. My only grip is that the power seat does not have memory, which makes for a bit of a challenge when my husband drives. Since I have been driving my car, my mother, my friend, and my cousin have all purchased and love their 2014 accords. My sister just purchased a 2015 Pilot and she's in love as well! I will always love and come back to Honda!"

Awesome car

By on Friday, January 23, 2015

Pros: "fun to drive, great price for speed and features"

Cons: "Suspension - bumpy ride"

"I love this car. It's fun to drive, slick, sporty, and yet extremely practical thanks to the reliability and fairly spacious rear seat. If you care about reliability and high tech gadgets, you won't find anything more fun to drive that's not at least $10k more. The only real downside is that the suspension makes for a bumpy ride. Otherwise, wonderful car, and wonderful value for the money."

Great car, for the money .

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Seats can be more comfortable."

"Because this was my first 2015 Honda accord I really wasn't expecting much maybe a sportier Toyota Camry. This car has surpassed my expectations and some. I mean its great for everyday driving, commuting its comfortable simple to use technology and it demands respect. Its quick for being a 4 cyl and even has enough power to race, I didn't say that ok. lol So if your in doubt about your next vehicle try Honda."

This is a great value for the price

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "Great mileage and design. The CVT trans is awesome"

Cons: "No change drawer, should have gotten leather int."

"This car is very comfortable, economical gas wise, and a nice looking car as well. For $19,600, this was a real deal. The Civic was almost as expensive"

Great all around car

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Quality"

Cons: "Vents"

"I initially wanted a 2011 model, but my wife got me a 2013 instead and I love it! I have a base model and it comes with back up camera and bluetooth! Great car, awesome looking, gets around 33mpg hwy/city with 75% highway. I've hit 40 mpg on many occasion, highway only; I guess I'm pretty light footed. Car is relatively strong at 180 horse and torque; if you need power, turn off ECO and shift to S and you won't be disappointed. People complain about the CVT but it's barely noticeable. I actually think it adds a bit of premium quality to the drive as it doesn't shift gears like the standard transmission. If you pay close enough attention, there is a slight lag or vibration when accelerating from a stop; still doesn't bother me. The only improvement I can think of are the air vents; they're extremely weak. I have to turn it up to 75-80% to feel anything. The traction control is very sensitive and I sometimes turn it off to get more of a mechanical feel to the drive. Hint: instead of complaining, problem solve. Honda certainly built this car for customer satisfaction. I do my own oil change and I was extremely excited to see how easy it is. Honda has engineered the oil pan and the oil filter to be next to each other and made this the easiest possible oil change I have ever done. Overall, this is a great car, and I would buy my wife one too but she wants an SUV. Critics and expert reviews rate this as the number one Sedan for 2013 all across the board and I agree 100%. If you have the extra money, the premium versions have very nice features, but even the base model will suffice."

Overall Very Well Done

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "Easy to Live With, Gas Mileage, Surprising Fun"

Cons: "Low End Power, No Heated Seat Option"

"I have owned the car now for 17000 Miles and I have to say this is an extremely well built well thought out car. Unlike most midsize cars that do one or two things extremely well and leave the rest to be desired. This car does everything well, nothing is outstanding but everything is done well. Driving dynamics of my 2013 Sport are on par with the better cars in classes above it. All the technology bits (bluetooth, handsfree, pandora radio) are easy to use, understand and master. Relatively quiet on the road even at speeds over 100. Plenty of space, great all around visibility and very easy to drive. The CVT is the best one I have ever driven. We have two CVT cars and this one is hands down the best. Test drove a lot of other midsize cars with a CVT and unless your really paying attention you would never know the Accord even has a CVT. The paddle shifters actually work, there are 7 pre-programmed spots in the transmission and the computer will actually let you select and hold the 'gear' you want to be in. 'Shifts' are quick and precise and in sport mode the car acts completely different, very responsive at speed, holds rpms longer, just feels faster even though it really isn't. With that said this car could benefit from more power. I know there is a V6 available but you can't get that in a Sport, which is the best looking Accord by far, otherwise I would have gotten a V6 Sport. The 4 cylinder definitely lacks grunt on the low end but makes up for it at speeds and once the RPMs start going north of 4k. With all the turbos out there now a small scroll turbo could add 40 or 50 more horses and would really wake this engine and car up. All in all this car is super easy to live with, well engineered, and surprising fun to drive. Its no rear drive V8, but when the kids aren't in the car is can easily put a smile on your face on the way to work in Sport mode all while returned good gas mileage (I am averaging 29-31 Overall of mostly spirited driving, I did get 38 on one long trip). With a little more grunt and maybe some heat warmers as options this would easily be the best car in the class, but even without those things I can't see why its not already."

2nd Honda Accord

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Very reliable"

"Great car!"

Managing expectations

By on Sunday, December 28, 2014

Pros: "Value and reliability plus excellent trade-in"

Cons: "Seats and handling could use an upgrade"

"Some people pay around $23K for a car and expect everything to be perfect: Ride, handling, power, comfort, reliability and value. The Accord is some of those things but not all, however, for the price, it gets the job done and then some. I bought the 2014 Accord Sport and must say, it's met and sometimes exceeded my expectations. I like the look of it, the handling with those huge 18" rims, and the fuel economy of around 30mpg in mixed driving. It's a little bit of a rough rider and the driver's seat could be more comfortable but those are nit picks. It has surprising power for a 4 cylinder engine, not plant-you-into-the-seat cushions power but more than good enough and you can feel it."

Love love love this car!

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

"This is my first Honda and I absolutely love it! Just wish it had a camera on drivers side like on the passenger side for turning, now that would be really nice!"

Worst car i have ever ownned

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

"It has been to the shop 2 times, my transmission is hesitating, the first time I took my car the service advisor told me that he had to follow a process and that my transmission problem will get worse but they couldn't find the problem. Took it in a second time, they kept my car from Friday until Tuesday, got me a rental car, but told me that they couldn't find the transmission problem or why I only got 24 MPG on one tankful when most miles were on the highway. Honda quality is no more, I have purchased 4 Hondas from the same dealership the past 9 years, this Honda will be my last one, I have owned many new cars in my lifetime and this one has to be the worst new car I have ever owned"

Near perfect car

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Handling, tasteful syling, rear seat roominess"

Cons: "Highway ride. Road noise"

"The thing that knocks my socks off with this car is the handling. It seems to know what you are thinking as you drive. Corners like a luxury sports car. The brakes respond to the slightest touch but are not grabby. Four cylinder has amazing power and accelerates up a steep grade like it is on flat ground. The engine is exceptionally quiet. It shifts into passing gear with a whisper yet responds like a rocket. The most responsive accelerator that I ever experienced. Styling is very tasteful. I like the sporty flare that is also sophisticated. Interior is well laid out and nicely finished and detailed. Quality control throughout is flawless. An interesting feature is the roominess of the back seat. Excellent rear seat headroom. Those who travel with adult passengers will really appreciate the backseat. There are some minor let downs and I am being knit picky here. First drawback is the ride. Small bumps , joints, small potholes, ect., are not forgiven. There is a decisive "thump" when hitting them. This not severe but noticeable. The only other thing on my wish list would be a quieter cabin. Again, this is not horrendous but it is one of a couple of small things that remind you that you are not in a luxury car."

Great car with very poor quality.

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Great driving dyanimics and comfort."

Cons: "Suspension issues make be afraid to drive the car."

"Disregarding the reliability and quality issues, this is a great car. The problem is it has had loose front sub frame and loose suspension parts that the dealer has not been able to fully fix."

love this car

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, reliable, fun drive, safety"

"Love this car, and the service we've received from the Honda dealership where we bought it."

Great So Far

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "transmission, engine, value, seat material"

Cons: "Honda app"

"I had my Accord for about 5 months now and no complaints whatsoever. The engine is like butter, you do not feel the jerking motion of switching gears. It is amazing what the car delivers for the $$$."

Very happy so far!

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "Good performance, good MPG, comfortable."

Cons: "Audio/Tech interface a bit clunky."

"We were looking for a vehicle for making trips to see the kids and grandkids. We wanted something comfortable with good MPG. We also wanted a few creature comforts like heated seats and a sunroof. I didn't want a hybrid because I'm not sure it would last the 10-12 years that we drive vehicles. Anyhow, we ended up purchasing an EX-L, 2.4L 4 cyl. w/CVT. We've had the car about 3 weeks and have put 1500 miles on it. 35 MPG at 71-72 MPH. Our mixed use average has been 30 MPG. It looks like a consistent 36 MPG at 65 MPH. Based on prior Honda ownership (a 2003 Civic), I expect the mileage to increase as things break-in. You do have to drive gently to get good mileage. In the city with lot of stop and go and a top speed of 30-40 MPH, you probably won't get much above the low 20s for MPG. The CVT transmission is very smooth and overall performance is responsive. It doesn't feel underpowered at all. Some of complained of loud road noise, but I don't think it is bad at all. The ride is very comfortable. My only real complaint is the technology/audio system. It doesn't seem very integrated. Sometimes you have to look at the top screen, other times you look at the bottom screen. Some other vehicles we tested were better. I like the lane departure warning, forward collision warning and the blind spot camera on the right. The later can be a little distracting, but there are times I wish it was on the left side also! All-in-all, a very nice vehicle that I think we will be happy with for quite awhile."

Very Pleased

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great features, looks, and reliability"

Cons: "lots of features = complicated controls"

"After 1.5 years of driving I am very happy with this car. In particular, having two information screens allows you to view two items, for example music functions and navigation, at the same time vs. other makes with only one screen. The only thing I'd change is the music display has the artist and the song title listed on the same line so they both get truncated. If each was on a different line you could see the entire title, not a biggie. The other thing is that the blower or heater fan is not powerful enough to heat the car quickly enough. Voice recognition on phone book and navigation could be improved."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"I am very happy with car and haven't noticed any problems with noise or handling. I just replaced my 2000 Accord, which I bought new and drove 160,000 miles without issue. After ten years was going to replace, but ended up buying 2011 Pilot to replace a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. I started looking at new luxury cars to replace my Accord, but just couldn't find anything that was sufficiently better to justify spending way more money. After looking at everything else went back and test drove Honda Accord 4 cyl. and V-6 models. Considered a 4 cyl., because it had same HP as my older V-6. Chose V-6, because it was noticeably quieter and smoother when driving. The car looks much more expensive than it is, and has so much more tech. and amenities than older Hondas. Can't think of anything that I would want to add, except maybe a better quality audio system. I have the high end system (for Honda), but it sounds rather average. Since owning, am pleasently surprised at increased fuel efficiency over older Accord. Don't really feel the power in daily commute, but when I step on the gas, it is a real thrill. In my opinion, simply the best family sedan there is. I buy Honda because in my experience, the quality and reliability are unmatched. Keep up the maintenance and you can drive your Honda as long as you desire. And when it's time to sell, the hardest part is chosing who to sell it to amongst all your friends and family eager to take it off your hands."

Worst Honda I have every owned

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Tech system"

"I have had this car into dealer for the same problem numerous times with no resolution.the problem is that the display screen goes blank but will come is I restart the car.i have taken videos of this and showed to dealer and they say if isn't doing it when they have it they can't do anything they did do a software update but didn't help. This to me is they don't have a clue also it rides like a lumber wagon and the seats are very uncomfortable"

Bad confort in driving. Bumpy and rattles.

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Amazing exterior (Luxury), roomy interior"

Cons: "Rattles in cabin, noisy, bumpy"

"I just get a new 2014 LX 2.4. Since the first day the car has 'small' rattles and I can't find them. But it looks that the sounds will be more in the future. Suspension rigid. You can feel every bump and vibration is transmitted into the cabin. I have a VW Jetta 2006 and the driving and riding is quiter and smoother!! I can't believe Honda has reduced the quality of the ACCORD!"