2014 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,644 - $23,712.

10/8.2

8.1

Based on 179 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Love love love this car!

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

"This is my first Honda and I absolutely love it! Just wish it had a camera on drivers side like on the passenger side for turning, now that would be really nice!"

Worst car i have ever ownned

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

"It has been to the shop 2 times, my transmission is hesitating, the first time I took my car the service advisor told me that he had to follow a process and that my transmission problem will get worse but they couldn't find the problem. Took it in a second time, they kept my car from Friday until Tuesday, got me a rental car, but told me that they couldn't find the transmission problem or why I only got 24 MPG on one tankful when most miles were on the highway. Honda quality is no more, I have purchased 4 Hondas from the same dealership the past 9 years, this Honda will be my last one, I have owned many new cars in my lifetime and this one has to be the worst new car I have ever owned"

Near perfect car

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Handling, tasteful syling, rear seat roominess"

Cons: "Highway ride. Road noise"

"The thing that knocks my socks off with this car is the handling. It seems to know what you are thinking as you drive. Corners like a luxury sports car. The brakes respond to the slightest touch but are not grabby. Four cylinder has amazing power and accelerates up a steep grade like it is on flat ground. The engine is exceptionally quiet. It shifts into passing gear with a whisper yet responds like a rocket. The most responsive accelerator that I ever experienced. Styling is very tasteful. I like the sporty flare that is also sophisticated. Interior is well laid out and nicely finished and detailed. Quality control throughout is flawless. An interesting feature is the roominess of the back seat. Excellent rear seat headroom. Those who travel with adult passengers will really appreciate the backseat. There are some minor let downs and I am being knit picky here. First drawback is the ride. Small bumps , joints, small potholes, ect., are not forgiven. There is a decisive "thump" when hitting them. This not severe but noticeable. The only other thing on my wish list would be a quieter cabin. Again, this is not horrendous but it is one of a couple of small things that remind you that you are not in a luxury car."

Great car with very poor quality.

By on Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Pros: "Great driving dyanimics and comfort."

Cons: "Suspension issues make be afraid to drive the car."

"Disregarding the reliability and quality issues, this is a great car. The problem is it has had loose front sub frame and loose suspension parts that the dealer has not been able to fully fix."

What happend to "Honda quality"?

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

I want this car

""2015 accord lx base model 6 speed manual trans... .. The more time I spend in this car the more I dislike it. I know it's the base model, but everything just feels so cheap and low grade. I didn't look the car over that great before buying I guess--I trusted that Honda would be #1 in quality like they used to be. I loved the Honda's of old. The quality used to be beautiful and the cars Honda made felt tight and well engineered. This thing feels loose and sloppy like an old GM product. Where is the Honda that used to be great? Where is the legendary Honda quality? The clutch engagement point is too high and the trans feels kind of sloppy and not tight or smooth, but the car is still fun to drive, handles great, but just doesn't feel well built. The paint is chipping in areas already too. The interior fit and finish is poor. Thinking of taking a hit and trading this while it's still worth something!""

love this car

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, reliable, fun drive, safety"

"Love this car, and the service we've received from the Honda dealership where we bought it."

Great So Far

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Pros: "transmission, engine, value, seat material"

Cons: "Honda app"

"I had my Accord for about 5 months now and no complaints whatsoever. The engine is like butter, you do not feel the jerking motion of switching gears. It is amazing what the car delivers for the $$$."

Very happy so far!

By on Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pros: "Good performance, good MPG, comfortable."

Cons: "Audio/Tech interface a bit clunky."

"We were looking for a vehicle for making trips to see the kids and grandkids. We wanted something comfortable with good MPG. We also wanted a few creature comforts like heated seats and a sunroof. I didn't want a hybrid because I'm not sure it would last the 10-12 years that we drive vehicles. Anyhow, we ended up purchasing an EX-L, 2.4L 4 cyl. w/CVT. We've had the car about 3 weeks and have put 1500 miles on it. 35 MPG at 71-72 MPH. Our mixed use average has been 30 MPG. It looks like a consistent 36 MPG at 65 MPH. Based on prior Honda ownership (a 2003 Civic), I expect the mileage to increase as things break-in. You do have to drive gently to get good mileage. In the city with lot of stop and go and a top speed of 30-40 MPH, you probably won't get much above the low 20s for MPG. The CVT transmission is very smooth and overall performance is responsive. It doesn't feel underpowered at all. Some of complained of loud road noise, but I don't think it is bad at all. The ride is very comfortable. My only real complaint is the technology/audio system. It doesn't seem very integrated. Sometimes you have to look at the top screen, other times you look at the bottom screen. Some other vehicles we tested were better. I like the lane departure warning, forward collision warning and the blind spot camera on the right. The later can be a little distracting, but there are times I wish it was on the left side also! All-in-all, a very nice vehicle that I think we will be happy with for quite awhile."

Very Pleased

By on Friday, October 31, 2014

Pros: "great features, looks, and reliability"

Cons: "lots of features = complicated controls"

"After 1.5 years of driving I am very happy with this car. In particular, having two information screens allows you to view two items, for example music functions and navigation, at the same time vs. other makes with only one screen. The only thing I'd change is the music display has the artist and the song title listed on the same line so they both get truncated. If each was on a different line you could see the entire title, not a biggie. The other thing is that the blower or heater fan is not powerful enough to heat the car quickly enough. Voice recognition on phone book and navigation could be improved."

Great car!

By on Monday, October 20, 2014

"I am very happy with car and haven't noticed any problems with noise or handling. I just replaced my 2000 Accord, which I bought new and drove 160,000 miles without issue. After ten years was going to replace, but ended up buying 2011 Pilot to replace a 2005 Chevy Trailblazer. I started looking at new luxury cars to replace my Accord, but just couldn't find anything that was sufficiently better to justify spending way more money. After looking at everything else went back and test drove Honda Accord 4 cyl. and V-6 models. Considered a 4 cyl., because it had same HP as my older V-6. Chose V-6, because it was noticeably quieter and smoother when driving. The car looks much more expensive than it is, and has so much more tech. and amenities than older Hondas. Can't think of anything that I would want to add, except maybe a better quality audio system. I have the high end system (for Honda), but it sounds rather average. Since owning, am pleasently surprised at increased fuel efficiency over older Accord. Don't really feel the power in daily commute, but when I step on the gas, it is a real thrill. In my opinion, simply the best family sedan there is. I buy Honda because in my experience, the quality and reliability are unmatched. Keep up the maintenance and you can drive your Honda as long as you desire. And when it's time to sell, the hardest part is chosing who to sell it to amongst all your friends and family eager to take it off your hands."

Worst Honda I have every owned

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage"

Cons: "Tech system"

"I have had this car into dealer for the same problem numerous times with no resolution.the problem is that the display screen goes blank but will come is I restart the car.i have taken videos of this and showed to dealer and they say if isn't doing it when they have it they can't do anything they did do a software update but didn't help. This to me is they don't have a clue also it rides like a lumber wagon and the seats are very uncomfortable"

Bad confort in driving. Bumpy and rattles.

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Amazing exterior (Luxury), roomy interior"

Cons: "Rattles in cabin, noisy, bumpy"

"I just get a new 2014 LX 2.4. Since the first day the car has 'small' rattles and I can't find them. But it looks that the sounds will be more in the future. Suspension rigid. You can feel every bump and vibration is transmitted into the cabin. I have a VW Jetta 2006 and the driving and riding is quiter and smoother!! I can't believe Honda has reduced the quality of the ACCORD!"

HONDA ACCORD V-6 TOURING 2014

By on Saturday, October 04, 2014

Pros: "Dependable"

Cons: "WIND NOISE TUSAMI WINDS- wind air leak"

"This a a loaded Honda Accord V-6 Touring with adaptive cruise control loaded. It handles great, dependable and has all the technology one could need in this pice point. The NEGATIVE is the drivers window near your ear lets in so much air you cannot focus on driving. I did test drive the car first with the radio and AC on at low MPH and did not notice the wind noise which sounds like the car window is OPEN. The roads are chosen for you to test he car out under 40 MPH. You bet I brought the car in and explained the concern. The dealer said they could not replicate the noise and found it normal.The service advisor himself explained the TSB fix by HONDA was for the 2013 Accord only and they would not get paid to fix it until a TSB was issued. After reviewing the wind noise concern I located hundreds of wind noise problems for the Accord and many other Hondas. Yes, the car drives great, however, if you have to blast the radio and ac to just drive something is terribly wrong with this vehicle. Yes, called HONDA MANUFACTURING and they said NO TSB fixes were noted for ANY HONDA. Enough SAID! The dealer only sells the car its the manufacturer producing it that should step up. Wind noise has been such a concern for Honda that the new commercial sights how quiet the new Honda is (MINUS) the TUSAMI wind noise. I know HONDA can do MUCH better in the future. Wind noise is heard at 40 MPH or higher or wih any cross winds."

Great car

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Just about everything"

Cons: "Not happy about what the 18" tire are going to cos"

"So the wife and i decided to trade in our RAV 4 for a mid size family sedan. We test drove every model and are so happy with our choice of the Honda Accord Sport. It has everything we want,good trunk size,great gas millage, very comfy room interior(I'm 6"3"), room for both car seats and and then some extra for a third person to fit. I like the way it drives, and the sport mode add the additional paddle shifter for when I want to feel like I'm young again. The technology is pretty easy to use and like the way it is set up. We live in snow country an I am interested to see how it handles the snow. Overall I am very happy to be with the car and that may change in the snow. I told the wife we could always relocate if it is bad in snow, because I do not want to give up this car."

Honda hit a home run with the Accord sport

By on Monday, September 29, 2014

"Paddle shifters, power and handling are great. Fun to drive"

Don't Buy if you Want a soft ride

By on Sunday, September 28, 2014

Reason: Stiff Suspension

Pros: "Looks, MPG, Interior, Engine, Transmission"

Cons: "Stiffest suspension in history"

"The previous post was spot on. This car is beautiful, the interior is fabulous, MPG is super, and the car is quiet. However, this is the worst riding, stiffest car I've ever been in. Honda needs to go back to the drawing board, and fast, to fix this horrific suspension."

Nice car, too big for me.

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "quiet, better than average gas milage"

Cons: "not fun, limited storage, creepy low to the ground"

"I had a 2001 CRV for 10 years and I have to admit, I miss it like the air I breath. It got terrible gas milage, but it was a fun, wonderful SVU. I own the top of the line Accord and it's the least fun car I've had. I wouldn't buy this car again if I had the choice. Too low to the ground, can't see over the hood, and seats don't fold down to give more storage space from the trunk. What's up with that? I believe this car is made for much older people. Nobody under 60 should own this car. It's just not fun."

Almost perfect

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "Good size; gas mileage; technology"

Cons: "Stiff uncomfortable ride"

"Almost everything positive you've read about this car is true: perfect size; latest technology; great gas mileage; etc. The car would be perfect except for one thing: in an effort to make the car handle well with struts instead of the previous double wishbone suspension, Honda made the suspension so stiff it is unbearable on a daily basis. Every bump, every hole, every seam on every road is felt, and a lot. Even on the highway it is constantly pitching and moving from side to side. Make sure you take a LONG, LONG test drive before buying one. I wish I had."

Awesome gas mileage and comfortable car!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, awesome gas mileage, comfortable"

Cons: "Needs more storage space by the drivers side"

"I love my car and I'm so impressed by the differences that they have made in just two year. This is my 7th Honda. I'm sold on their vehicles, they are just well designed, comfortable, and definitely reliable. The gas mileage difference was huge. I'm averaging about 32 mpg vs. 25 with my previous 2012 Accord. The car is very comfortable and well laid out. This car is got a ton of technology, which sometimes has hiccups but, for most part works as it is supposed to. The push button ignition is my favorite. I have yet to try the manual shifting but, plan to test it out on an open road where I don't have to worry about getting a ticket. I'm definitely sold on the leather. It seems to keep the car cleaner. The cameras took a bit of getting used to but, know I use them regularly and totally see the benefit. Storage space is ok. The car is fun to drive! I'd would definitely recommend it to others. Definitely worth a test drive if you are in the market. I'm sure that it will handle as it is supposed in during our extreme winters in MN."

Rough Riding and Downshifting

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "Rear & Blind Spot Cameras, Leg room, Trunk space"

Cons: "Rough Ride on patched roads, Hard downshifting"

"I bought a 2013 Honda Accord Touring, and am very disappointed with the rough and bumpy ride I experience EVERY DAY. Car test drove great on the streets and highway around the dealership, but I wish I could have test driven this car on my usual, patched-road commute. The car also downshifts while coasting with enough force that it shifts my head forward, and I have neck pain. Honda told me this CANNOT be adjusted. I've had to change my driving habit - to keep on the gas more, avoid coasting, and brake harder through the downshifting. Gas mileage obviously decreased, and I expect brake pads/rotors will need changing much, much sooner and more often than any other car I've owned. I previously drove a 2003 Toyota Highlander since new, which I gave to my daughter."

excellent vehicle; best Accord yet !!!

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "8 to 9 + on all features"

Cons: "front passenger foot room could be improved"

"A great car. Have driven almost 50 K in 18 months without a blip. Gas mileage 35 mpg. Only criticism is, front seat passenger leg room to stretch out is marginal and passenger seat is only 4 way adjustable; no up and down. Just bought a 2015 and situation unchanged. Highly recommend this vehicle."

Great response in driving

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

"Everything is perfect in this car including the room for a family."

first honda always bought chevy love this car

By on Saturday, September 13, 2014

Pros: "lots of room great to drive"

"better than any chevy i have ever owned"

Love my Accord

By on Friday, September 12, 2014

"Have had some minor warranty issues, i.e. sound system distortion, glove box replacement,replace weatherstripping around front passenger door. otherwise no problems. Love this car, my favorite feature is blind spot camera, will not buy another car without this feature!"

the best car since i ever had

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "one of the safest car on the road"

Cons: "a ittle bit smaller on the trunk compartment"

"one of the best accord i ever had.. and i loved the lane watch, lane departure warning and etc."