2013 Honda Accord

8.2

Based on 261 Ratings for the 2013 - 2017 models.

Great value for the money

By on Monday, August 15, 2016

Pros: "Good value, fun to drive, roomy"

Cons: "Glitchy Android auto, Sub-woofer rattles"

"In June, I purchased my Honda Accord EX-L V6, so far I am loving everything about the redesigned Accord. I feel this is a definite upgrade from the 2013 Subaru Outback Premium that I previously drove. The engine is responsive and quite compared to the Subaru’s 4 cylinder with CVT. I do enjoy driving the car in all three modes (Eco, normal, and sport) and have noticed the Eco MPG increase during normal driving. The cabin noise is much quieter than the Subaru at freeway/city speeds. I am currently around the same combined (City/ highway) MPG with the Honda that I was obtaining with the Outback. My only issue so far, is the glitchy android auto. I do notice that when selecting the incoming text message there are long delays before android auto reads out the text message. Also, when attempting to create a text message through the audio prompts there is another long delay. As for the radio, I do not miss any knobs on the face of the radio. I tend to use the volume adjustment on the steering wheel the majority of the time. Overall very pleased with the Accord EX-L V6…"

2016 Accord Sport

By on Wednesday, April 6, 2016

"Nice car. Great gas mileage. Bluetooth and Pandora do consistently work. Cruise control struggles to maintain speed up slight inclines. Other than that, it's a great car."

Premium car at budget price

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Value for money, Fun to drive, features, Style"

Cons: "60/40 seat, trunk shape"

"I took more than one year to buy new car and in between I was going through numerous reviews, Test Rides and friends experiences (Whoever bought any car brand in 1st week they were blown away but after some time you can see them back to reality). SUV or Car: In my purchase process I was first confused to go with Sedan or SUV. My daily Driving is 70 miles RT and compact crossover SUV failed to impress me in front of Midsize sedans so finally decided to go with Car. In SUV I was researching RAV4 or CRV and both had plus minuses but I really like how RAV4 came up with all new changes. I have 2002 Camry and I drove 100k+. In 2012 I was almost sure to buy Camry but as time goes by I took test ride of Nissan Altima 2013, Kia Optima 13, Sonata 13, Toyota Camry 13 and Accord 13. After major changes in Accord I finally decided to consider with Camry. Comparing apple to Apple Accord LX has same feature as Camry SE (e.g. Alloy wheel, Dealer price etc..) 1. Overall Quality, Performance, Instrument Panel and Design: When I compared Camry as long as interior design concerned, Camry is nowhere closer to Accord. Dashboard Design is awesome, Big screen is mind blowing (non touch screen though) but position and layout is very cool. 2. Comfort: I felt Both Cars are same (few analysts say Accord is better). Honda has more cabin space. 3. Features and Style: Style doesn't have any measurement and it goes by individual perception. Accord has lots of bells and whistles, chrome plating looks cool and car style and ride quality is aggressive. New Accord looks is another factor to shift me from Camry. 4. Fuel Economy: Second best in midsize car and fortunately true. 5. Features & Accessories Quality: I am not expert but all new cars' accessories looks good and Accord is not exception. 6. Car Height: My friend had 2012 Accord and I had really hard time to come out but in new accord it's very convenient. 7. Safety and Resale Value: Accord is best in midsize segment if you see stats. 8. CVT: Few people love to complaint about reliability of CVT transmission. CVT makes ride smooth and fuel efficient. As long as reliability is concerned time will decide but looking at current trend Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Audi, Honda, Ford, Benz and many more are shifting towards CVT. Replacement is costly but as years goes by technology becomes complicated and expensive for simple solution. 9. Seat Comfort: I am 6' tall, Lot of people complained about comfort but I don't have issue. Seat fabric and design is way better than Camry. Cons: 1. 60/40: In Accord Rear Seat not 60/40 split, never mind I don't use that frequently. 2. Audio: Car Audio quality is good but not great. 3. Trunk space: Not impressed with layout as older cars has low bed, big opening and better shape to fit 3 check-in bags but new shape is not efficient even though Camry and Accord has biggest cargo space. 4. Reliability in log run: hmm when I went through car complaints, I saw lot of issues reported but ~90% complaints were related to Seat comfort and Audio connection in old Accords, Don't worry and trust your luck. Even my Camry has engine down (May be I got lemon) still Honda and Toyota are very reliable cars at least KBB and JD Power says that. Final words: In current market Honda Accord offers best value for money, it has excellent features and feels like premium level car, it crushed all the competitors. Accord has more Pros than Cons. I will recommend Accord at anytime to my dear ones."

The best bang for the buck

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Style, technology, options, V6 Power, gas mileage"

Cons: "Ride is choppy"

"I've owned my Black Pearl V6 EX -L w/ navi for approximately 4 months now and I've put almost 4k miles on it. The pros about this car are many. My favorite aspect about this car is the available power. It is quick, especially when passing or in a straight line! However, it isn't a sport car. At speed around a corner, you can tell there is a family sedan suspension on the chassis, not a formula 1's. The technology package and options that come with the EX-L give you a great value for the dollar. The seats are comfortable and Honda has done a good job reducing the road noise that was characteristic of many previous models - like my '05 Accord Coupe. A lot of professional reviews complain about the navi system, the three tier layout etc. Don't believe the negative hype. The car has many features that can be customized to suit your particular needs. Gas mileage is excellent. On a 1k mile round trip i averaged 35.5 mpg at 78 mph. That is with the eco button on the entire way. The only complaint I have is the ride quality in city driving. On the highway it is an excellent road car. In city driving the ride can be annoyingly choppy - at least here in Arkansas. Despite that minor irritation, the car is excellent. I highly recommend the E-XL V6 over the Touring. The only difference is adaptive cruse control and about $4,000. It isn't worth it. I test drove 2 Touring trims but, obviously settled with the EX-L."

You get what you pay for....

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "looks, comfort, luxury, power, interior and VALUE"

Cons: "none !!!!!"

2013 Accord EX

"I have had this car for approximately one month and am thoroughly pleased with it. The quality and craftsmanship shows inside and out. It drives, handles and runs like a upper scale luxury car and is a pleasure to drive, some people have even mistaken it for an Acura. The only item i have had some difficulty adjusting to is the CVT transmission but i am quickly finding out that this is a smooth and proven drive train which makes the car very economical. Mileage approx. 28-30mpg in town and approaching 37mpg on the highway. This is the best vehicle i have purchased and it will be in my garage for some time to come. WELL DONE HONDA, this car is a home run !!!!!!"

2013 Accord EX