2013 Honda Accord Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,449 - $22,512.

10/8.3

8.1

Based on 169 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next

Best Accord by far, Best midsize on the market

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, Comfort, Value"

Cons: "radio could be a little better"

"I bought the V6 with navigation in May after looking at Mercedes C class, Lexus ES, Toyota Avalon and Toyota Camry, the Ford Fusion, Hyundai Sonata were both discarded for visibility problems and the VW Passat dealers were inept so we never got a look at one. This car will steal market share from below and above its price point, the value is unreal, this car thinks it’s a luxury car and it loves to be driven, the handling is really a strong suit, it’s perfectly sprung and the V6 is extremely quick, very powerful. In addition this new Honda has a full array of tech features one of which I really like is the lane change camera and the backup camera has to be one of the most sophisticated on the market Extremely well thought out, very comfortable seating, car just feels so right, the Mercedes was a huge disappointment, severe turbo lag, stiff, interior felt old within five minutes. Lexus ES looked good inside but really felt like they just added weight to keep it stable, sled like ride, the Avalon rode like an old Buick, it felt huge too and the Camry, what are they thinking?...Camry is going backwards our 97 was nicer, they really cheaped out on the new Camry imo. I’ve owned BMW’s, Mercedes, Acura, Hondas and Toyotas and have to say this is the nicest car, best balanced, value oriented car of them all. I don’t think there is a better bang for your buck out there. Honda really killed it with this one….Best Accord ever."

OUTSTANDING CAR AND VALUE

By on Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Pros: "PERFORMANCE, COMFORT, FUN TO DRIVE, GREAT VALUE"

Cons: "NO SIX DISC CD PLAYER"

"MY EXL-V6 REGULARLY GETS 34 MILES PER GALLON WHILE DRIVING ON THE HIGHWAY WITH OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE AND COMFORT. IT RIDES LIKE A BMW 5 SERIES AT LESS THAN HALF THE COST. PASSING ON TWO LANE ROADS IS EFFORTLESS. THE CAMERAS, LANE DEPARTURE WARNING SYSTEM AND ETC HAVE ADDED TO DRIVING ENJOYMENT. THE LEATHER INTERIOR IS VERY COMFORTABLE. HONDA HAS REALLY OUTDONE THEMSELVES."

AMERICAN Honda - Called AMERICAN for a Reason

By on Friday, July 19, 2013

Pros: "Great styling overall."

Cons: "Poor mechanics overall. See NHTSA Complaints."

"Major mechanical failure at 9,200 miles. Replaced transmission and torque converter. Major warranty commitment failure at 9,900 miles. AMERICAN Honda has adopted the warranty service policies of Ford, Chrysler and GM. Tell the owner there is nothing wrong, the vehicle operates normally. Do not fix the problem if it is costly or difficult. Make it the consumer's problem."

This is an outstanding car.

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Value, Ride, Comfort"

Cons: "Passenger side leg room, radio and driver mirror"

"We bought a 2013 Accord EX-L about 2.5 months ago. We now have ~7k miles on it. This is only the second Honda I have owned. We evaluated most of the vehicles in this class. For the most part, you can’t go wrong. They are all good vehicles and great values. Ultimately, our choice came down to the Ford Fusion SE (Loaded, 1.6 EcoBoost) or the Accord EX-L. We drove each multiple times before making a decision. We went with the Accord because a) it was a little more refined and b) it achieved similar MPG with much simpler technology and c) the reviews on the MFT were so mixed that I just could not get comfortable with it. Truth be told, I wanted to go with the Ford for I wanted to buy American but didn’t for the reasons above. The Accord is very close to perfect. It is extremely comfortable and smooth. Now, here is the really surprising and good news. The MPG has been much better than advertised. All measurements are using the car’s onboard computer so I acknowledge that the accuracy is subject to the manufacturer quality. My extended family lives about 350 miles away. The path there is roughly divided into three equal segments (>100 miles each) that have distinctly different speeds: 70 MPH (drove ~78ish), 60 MPH (drove ~65ish) and 55 (drove 58ish). I reset the computer at each segment. Here are the amazing results (remember, the car Highway is rated at 35 MPG): @ 78MPH – 34.5 MPG, @ 65 MPH – 37 MPG and @ 58ish – 41.3 MPG. I was blown away by those numbers but have to admit it was ideal conditions (flat, Highway). So, we took the car 1,400 miles to Indiana. Round trip including 80+ MPH, Mountains (both ways), 2 days city driving and up to 4 people in the car at times … 34.5MPG!!! Way cool. THINGS THAT ARE LESS THAN PERFECT: The radio sound is lacking bass. It is not exciting. The passenger side leg room is MUCH less than the driver side. The firewall seems to be set at different points. Finally, the driver side mirror has a section that is for blind spots. It is more distracting than helpful. Overall, I paid 27k OTD and thought it was a great value. My wife is the primary driver and absolutely loves it. If I told her “either that car goes or I go”, I am not sure what her answer would be!!! (Kidding)."

Great car for the money

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Nothing but praise for this car"

"Initially, I planned to purchase a new Fusion with the large 4 cylinder turbo. Due to limited availability, I became impatient and bought a 2013 Accord Sport with the six speed manual transmission. I have nothing but praise for this car. This car delivers the most car for the money in my opinion. For $ 23,000 I bought a car that has every feature I need and none that I didn't really want. Over 10,000 miles, the car has averaged 32.2 MPG. Over the last 700 miles of driving in slightly flatter terrain than normal and at varying speeds below 70mph, the car has averaged 36.5 mpg. I have used the econo mode for probably 70% of the miles driven on this car. My Accord drives much better than my 2008 Camry SE V-6. My Accord has a firm ride which I personally like. I think this contributes to the great driving characteristics of this car but some may consider the ride too firm for a car of this type. I have no complaints after 8 months of ownership. In fact, I am strongly considering trading our 2008 Camry for another Accord for my wife."

Nice car over all, needs some minor changes

By on Sunday, July 07, 2013

Pros: "Interior and features"

Cons: "Desined to work with I Phones not Android phones"

"Stiff ride, blind spot camera is useless at night, would prefer the older style blind spot detection. Interior is very nice. It has plenty of power. My transmission failed at 150 miles but I realize this can happen in manufacturing and is extremely rare."

2013 Honda Accord EX-L w/Navi-- First time buyer..

By on Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pros: "Ample interior space for someone 6'2" in height"

Cons: "None so far"

"My reasoning behind buying this vehicle was primarily to get better fuel economy. I purchased it on 5/31/2013 for $27,850, which is about $400 below invoice. I now have around 800 miles on it and I'm pleasantly surprised at the the gas mileage I'm getting. In city driving I'm getting 30 to 32 mpg. and on the highway I've gotten as good as 44.5 mpg. Now,this is driving at 65 mph with cruise on, econ on, AC off, and flat terrain. Normally, I see mpg range of 40 to 42 mpg highway(AC on)at 65 mph cruise on. I sure hope this vehicle is as reliable and dependable as far as it's ratings."

2013 Accord could be better! Bumpy rides!

By on Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Pros: "Blind spot camera, Rear view camera, Speedometer"

Cons: "Very bumpy ride!"

"The pros pretty much sums up the good part about the 2013 Accord EX-L Coupe. Going to focus on what is wrong with it from an owners perspective. The ride is extremely bumpy for a car this size. During test drive I thought it was the road condition but now realize that it is the car! Research online and you will see that the 2013 model has this exact problem! Honda manufacturer kind of failed on this aspect. Also on the coupe, the side frame blocks the driver's view when looking to the left. Design flaws. Makes me regret getting it. :("

Great Car, definitely enjoy the V6's power

By on Monday, May 27, 2013

Pros: "V6, Integrated Apps/Texting/Phone, Safety Tech"

Cons: "Slow Nav unit (at times)"

"I would have to admit, I'm usually not someone that would write one of these reviews, but after I've had this car I couldn't resist. This one would have to have been the best decision that I could have made. I bought the EX-L V6-Navi model. I was looking at the Audi A4, the Lexus IS250/350 and also the Acura TSX, but I kept finding myself saying "Give the Accord a try". Well I did, and I was very impressed. It has improved a lot more than my 2005 that I had. Now down to why you really are reading this... Comfort: The leather seats are extremely comfortable even when driving for long 3hr+ trips. Ergonomics are very good for those that are tall and short (like myself). Media/Phone: I would have to say, before you actually buy the car... check to see if your phone is compatible with the system. I had a Samsung Galaxy S2 that had a lot of problems connecting to Pandora, and the Texting feature never worked at all. But with my Sony Xperia XL, I haven't seen any problems with connecting, Pandora and even reads my texts to me while I'm driving. Safety Features: The forward collision warning has definitely saved me on the way to work a time or two, but I would recommend trying out the different settings for it to "tune it in" to your likeness. For me, once I changed the settings it wasn't as much of an annoyance than a necessity. The lane departure warning system on the car took a little getting used to, but it's extremely useful especially on tight/narrow laned roads. The sideview camera took some getting used to, but once you have it you wonder what you would have done without it! Also the rearview camera is also extremely useful as well. Nav: Two notible problems with the Nav unit though, it is slow to respond at times and the constant lock out feature when you're moving 2-3 MPH is extremely annoying, especially when you're waiting for it to respond. Performance: I drove both the I4 and V6 models, did not really like the CVT in the 4 and it always made me feel like I wanted it to shift to a lower gear and it never went to lower revs. I drove the V6 and I was blown away. It takes some getting used to with the power, but it is very immediate and puts some of the sedans listed above to shame, including the TSX and TL. When I read the "professional" reviews of this car, I had my doubts about the power, but when I went to pass someone on a two lane road I was extremely surprised to see the needle at over 85 MPH from 45 that quickly, and the spec of a minivan in my rearview mirror. Overall: I've looked at the more expensive carsIt looks like a sleeper car from the outside, but once you actually drive it... you'll understand why I have a grin on my face because I have one in my driveway. With any of the tech on this car, I would HIGHLY recommend seeing the different settings and setting it for your driving style. A lot of the "professional" reviewers will not do this when reviewing a car, so some of their complaints can be resolved by taking the time to customize the car to you. See what you can tweak, and if you still don't like it... I'd be extremely surprised."

One Amazing Car!

By on Sunday, May 26, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, amazing brakes, lovely interior"

Cons: "no lane-watch camera on the left side"

"This 2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L is my first car. The paint finish is excellent--just wash it and it shines, no wax needed. It has the lane watch, bluetooth integration with my IPhone. I love my car. It is amazing! It has great acceleration, great handling, great fuel economy (about 275 miles per half a tank)! The only thing I have that is iffy with me is the fact that lane watch is only on the right side. The dealer said that I could have it installed on the left side if would pay for it. Of course this year comes with a back up camera, and I love that specific feature. You still have to look around before, but once you start to back up it shows you how far to go by the different lines that show you how close your vehicle is to whatever is behind you. I read one review about the seats being uncomfortable--especially the leather. I happen to disagree--as long as the seat is adjusted properly it shouldn't be uncomfortable. I have had this car about 4-5 months, and drove it everywhere. In the city, on the highway, in heavy traffic, and as said in some of the other reviews, this car does like to go fast. There is no difference between going 40 and going 60 or 70. It handles great--I can take the curves in the highway close to my house at 60 with no issue. Even my mom, a die-hard Toyota fan, loves my car. She has a 2007 Camry, with the comparable engine to mine, and it whines and seems as if it has a hard time pulling the car. It is loud and noisy compared to mine. I like the design better than the Civic--it was way too small--even in the coupe, I can fit my younger brother, my mom and her boyfriend without having people's legs cramp. I like the touch screen instead of the knobs. It is easy to change the radio station without taking my eyes off the road. However, the volume and source of the music can be changed from the steering wheel, the same as a call being answered through bluetooth. The interior of this car is beatiful--it looks like a spaceship's cockpit. This car also has excellent brakes. It makes me feel safer to know that if I do hit the brake pedal the car will stop. The overall quality of this car is good--if you want something that is a little bit sportier than the Camry, Maxima or the Sonata."

Love the 2013 Accord!

By on Saturday, May 11, 2013

"I have owned 2 previous Accords & this by far is my favorite! I love the look of the new body style & the car drives great! My favorite additions to the Accord are the lane change camera as well as the back up camera. I am very pleased with the 2013 Accord!"

Do NOT buy the Navi option

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

"Honda confirmed today that is not and will not be possible to turn off the 'beep' that occurs every time you click. Huh? This is a software change (deficiency). You've got to be kidding me. Using the system is akin to conditioned response from electric shock. You learn to avoid it."

This is by far the best vehicle I've owned

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "good driving experience, great mileage"

Cons: "some road noise"

"I can't say enough about this car. The estimated mpg highway was listed at 36 but I usually get around 40 mpg when I use the eco assist feature. I love the redesign both inside and out. The engine is a 2.4 liter but has plenty of power and acceleration and is very quiet. The ride is also very smooth but there is road noise on bad roads. I would definitely recommend this car. It also has a very good resale value compared to other makes."

competent and probably best value for the money

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "great performance and gas mileage"

Cons: "HondaLink is a work in progress"

"I recently purchased the 2013 Honda Accord V6 without Navi. I drove a 1998 Accord Coupe V6 for nearly 15 years. The cost of maintaining it became unreasonable. The new car is quite exceptional. The power and acceleration are the best that I've experienced in a front wheel drive car. The 0-60 time is reported to be 6.1 in drive mode and 5.6 in sport mode. I haven't tested these numbers, but it is very quick to accelerate to highway speed. The gas mileage is beyond my expectations. On level roadways at 60 mph, the mpg averages 42. At 70 to 75, the mpg averages in the high 30's. In the 40 to 50 mph range, expect 50 mpg plus. In real world driving, stop lights and hills are expected, so the average mpg will go down somewhat. I averaged 39 mpg on a trip from Georgetown, SC to Columbia, SC. This is far better than received on my 1978 Datsun B210, once a benchmark for fuel economy in the late 70's. On the negative side, road noise is still an issue at highway speeds. The road surface is the big determinate in noise. I was disappointed in the noise cancellation program not being able to handle the noise and even questioned if it is working or not. The HondaLink is fraught with problems. It has crashed on start forcing a restart of the car to correct. The radio will sometimes freak out and sound terrible and not respond to input. Again, parking and restarting the car may resolve the issue. Hopefully, a firmware fix from Honda will correct the problems. The transmission is smooth but will downshift below 35 mph lower gears. This is somewhat distracting when I expect the car to coast with my foot off of the brake instead of downshifting."

You get what you pay for....

By on Sunday, April 28, 2013

Pros: "looks, comfort, luxury, power, interior and VALUE"

Cons: "none !!!!!"

2013 Accord EX

"I have had this car for approximately one month and am thoroughly pleased with it. The quality and craftsmanship shows inside and out. It drives, handles and runs like a upper scale luxury car and is a pleasure to drive, some people have even mistaken it for an Acura. The only item i have had some difficulty adjusting to is the CVT transmission but i am quickly finding out that this is a smooth and proven drive train which makes the car very economical. Mileage approx. 28-30mpg in town and approaching 37mpg on the highway. This is the best vehicle i have purchased and it will be in my garage for some time to come. WELL DONE HONDA, this car is a home run !!!!!!"

2013 Accord EX

Accord EX-L is Outstanding

By on Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pros: "Quiet, comfortable, powerful, excellent mpg"

Cons: "Somewhat firm ride"

"I have had my new Accord for about 10 days and I am very happy with it. I purchased the Accord EX-L 4-cylinder (w/o Navi). Previously, I owned three Camrys over the last 29 years. The Accord is a high quality, well built car. Very comfortable, easy to drive, plenty of power, quiet, and refined. It has a little stiffer ride than my '02 Camry, but feels heavier and holds the road much better. The features on the EX-L are outstanding including the rear-view and right lane-changing cameras. Connectivity is great for my iPod, iPad, and flash drive for music and I do not even use a smart phone! The mpg is as expected, if not even better. No doubt this car will average around 30 mpg for a basic mixture of driving. The Accord is the top-rated mid-sized sedan by Consumer Reports and I can say that it is very true. I highly recommend the Accord after being a loyal Toyota owner."

excellent ride

By on Sunday, April 21, 2013

Cons: "FWD and text messaging poor!!!"

"This is my third accord and it exceeds the previous ones by a mile. Very comfortable ride and more room inside yet smaller outside. Handles smoothly and very responsive. The FWD does not provide a warning in a timely fashion. My text messaging feature still does not work. I spoke to Honda and went to my dealer three times, going back next week. I have 1300 miles. This is the only problems so far. Excellent gas mileage. Display very friendly."

Sporty but sensible

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, yet responsible."

Cons: "Navigation cost is too high. Use your phone's GPS"

"I bought the 2013 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6. This car has some serious gallup for a "family" car, competing well with other V6's in its class. The 5-star safety rating is great, and the interior accouterments are second to none in its class. This car quite easily competes with much higher priced luxury cars due to its refinements, but at a much lower price."

Head of the class!

By on Thursday, April 11, 2013

Pros: "Fuel Economy, roominess, sporty feel"

Cons: "Stereo still lags Toyota"

"Test drove this car along with the Camry, Fusion, Altima, Sonota, Optima, Malibu. The Accord had the most complete package - gas mileage, head room, styling, tech features, and overall value. In first 3500 miles have averaged 31.8 MPG with less than 600 highway miles! You can compare for yourself, but for me the Accord is at the head of the class!"

Nice car for the money

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Nice car,lots of power and very responsive"

Cons: "Smaller center console than my 04 accord"

"The split drivers side view mirror takes some getting used to, and the noise cancellation on the radio made more noise that the noise itself so I shut it off. Has a lot of power and the new six speed transmission has nice shifting patterns to it at all speeds and load ranges, but downshifts a bit hard.I opted for Hondas remote system II, and did not find out until after it was installed that it shuts the car off when you try to get in . No where could I find or was told of this until after the installation.You also have to carry both(2) remotes with you. NOT a very well thought idea I think. I called Honda of America to voice my concerns of over working the starting system(battery,starter,ect) and opened a case with them for the future if needed. This has been a real thorn in my side, but I am stuck with it now,and I keep my cars 9-10 years as a rule. Had i known, I would have installed a much cheaper after market remote starting system,one that does not shut off the car or have the need for two remotes."

Decent value

By on Saturday, March 09, 2013

Pros: "Nicely put together and good bang 'fer the buck!"

"In this day and age to get good value is a hard thing to define. Having come off as an owner of 4 BMW's(2x 3series, 2x 5 series)in the last 6 years, I think this car ranks up there as a really nice ride for the money spent. 2013 Sport edition got my attention and I've had 4 months and a long road trip up and over I-10 and Chicago back to NY. No complaints and I didn't have to pay for premium gas either!! A lot of car here and decent looks ta'boot! Complaint ...? None to speak of. 5/5 stars! Note: Work to get the best value for your trade, walk away and let'em know you mean business."

OUTSTANDING EX-L V6

By on Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pros: "ENGINE, TRANSMISSION, INTERIOR COMFORT, TECHNOLOGY"

Cons: "CUP HOLDERS ARE A BIT SMALL"

"Compared to the competition, the Accord puts the others to shame. Performance is outstanding while offering outstanding gas mileage. We just returned from a trip of 1850 miles and averaged 32.4 mpg. Between stops along the interstate, we averaged as high as 36mpg and as low as 32.4. The seats are great and all of the new technology adds to the pleasure of driving. The cameras are great too. What a winner!!"

Honda's Best Accord Ever

By on Sunday, February 24, 2013

"This car is very worthy of being voted car of the year by the Canadian automotive journalists (AJAC).I have driven Honda cars since 1988 and this is definitely the Best one Honda has brought to the market.They have made a number of refinements which are noticeable to the driver/occupant.To me the biggest engineering improvement is the combination of the CVT and the DI engine.I have the EX-L Nav 4cyl and the way it responds you would almost think you were driving a 6cyl.Don't just take my word for it test drive one yourself.Honda have mastered tuning and programing this CVT to this engine.It is a fun quiet car to drive.The new macpherson struts,tuning,and new seat design offers up a smoother ride from previous generations.I won't go into all the other desirable features but Honda have really nailed this one"

Fun then good resale.

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun and value."

Cons: "Leather steering wheel feels plastic."

"My choice for my 5th straight Honda was the 2013 Sport manual transmission because if you like a stick this car is sporty enough to deserve one. It's got lots of power yet is pleasant to drive at slow speeds too. It has a long power band once into 2nd gear. And 3rd and 4th will wind out way more than almost anybody would dare to try. It's not a BMW but it's not $15,000 more either! Some people might not like the exhaust growl but, hey, it's a sport sedan and Honda took a stand. The 18 inch wheels are slick! And whenever you sell it you'll get a good buck. Honda's prevent people from going broke on cars so buy one."

My view after driving this car for 1000 miles

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "Room, power, it just wants to go"

Cons: "little rough when starting from 0"

"I previously owned a 2001 Honda Accord DX, which I drove for 230K miles with little trouble. About a month ago we bought a new Honda LX, automatic, and I have to tell you that I'm impressed. This car looks really great. Proud to have something looking so good in the driveway. The car loves highways, anything over 50 MPH and it just wants to go. It has enough power, its quiet, and its perfectly happy to go any distance. Traveled 60 miles yesterday and got close to 40 MPG. I find it a little rough when driving off from a parking spot, but then eagerly wants to go. This is a car to be driven, just go the miles, and it'll make you smile."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next